The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 05:54:53 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 395 396 [397] 398 399 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1764847 times)
EmilyCaroline
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #5940 on: June 06, 2007, 08:21:28 pm »

oops.  someone already posted about that.  Roll Eyes
Olivia603
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5941 on: June 06, 2007, 08:37:54 pm »

I just signed the petition. We need to recruit more people somehow!!!!

-Olivia
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5942 on: June 06, 2007, 08:43:27 pm »

@ Rob -- can we get some of this included in your welcome post?  It might help.  Cheesy  Thanks!

The Welcome Post is so long and your summary was so well-written that I'll figure out a way to make what you just wrote into its own FAQ post.

One more order of business for everybody:

I've seen a lot of "Why don't you post the petition/project/whatever" at such-and-such a site.  These are great ideas and I don't want to quash them, but it *can* be confusing to wade through -- I know I must have lost track of *something* by now.  So I think a couple of guidelines ought to be followed:

1) If you're not the originator of the given project you'd like to see posted to another group, please PM that Project's Creator/Leader and see if s/he wants the help to publicize that project in those given forums.  The Project Leader's need may be as simple as posting at the given website a link to the post announcing the project here.

2) If you know a place that would be responsive to a project, such as the petition, then lurk at that website for a page or two, then, if no one else has posted the link to the petition or project, you should feel free to go on ahead and post the link yourself.  There are a lot of sites out there and though gg.org and FF are going to be pooling their resources to some extent, there's always going to be places within Gg fandom that hear the news later rather than sooner and not all of us are going to be aware of all of those places, so we really do need you guys to spread the word.  For instance, I *don't* post to The CW's Lounge website, even though I'm registered there, as I've *got* to limit the number of sites I post to. 

3) So, seeing as how it's a board that I had to pull away from a while ago for the sake of time demands, if anybody wants to risk posting the petition link as a new thread to E!'s Watch With Kristin, be my guest.  The E! Board's VM fans are still very bitter about Gg winning the SOS Award, but there even then, a lot of the VM fans who are bitter about Gg's win are *still* Gg fans.  And yes, there are a lot of Gg fans even outside of that nonsense at E!'s Watch With Kristin boards.  I'm just sayin' post the link and be prepared to have an interesting conversation or three.  Please let me know that it's covered by posting here when you've done it. 

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because your other objective is to get the show renewed before I run out of things to say in these drive-by sigs.  And, well, there's a reason I call me ShutUpRob -- because I can't.  Wink
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 09:02:19 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
EmilyCaroline
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #5943 on: June 06, 2007, 09:02:22 pm »

I just posted the petition link on a save gilmore girls facebook group! 
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

View Profile
« Reply #5944 on: June 06, 2007, 09:23:39 pm »

I just posted the petition link on a save gilmore girls facebook group! 

*Prettystick* for that one.
Lovin' the Facebook stuff, but I don't need ANY more reasons to let Facebook distract me from ... well, life.  LOL

If anyone is a frequent Myspacer, that's a good one, too.  Or LJ.  Or Xanga.  Any networking sites like that. 

@ Rob What if I set up a very simple HTML page -- it will have your Welcome Post, my welcome stuff, links to any and all project posts and contact info.  It won't be a real webpage -- Heidi's got that covered (and I *prettysticked* her for it!).  But just simple easy, one page where quick information can be gotten in a few simple scrolls.  I could do it on Friday evening.  It's not going to be super gorgeous or anything -- Heidi's got that covered, too.  It'll be very basic, very simplistic, minimalist, etc.  Just something that we can both post in our sigs and with our frequent posts ... new to the thread? Click to see what's going on.  Something like that.  Don't want to steal Heidi's thunder and I'm sure whatever she's getting done is fantabulous Cheesy.  This wouldn't be anything like that, just ... quick. 

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #5945 on: June 06, 2007, 09:28:24 pm »

Magazine Message Boards!  OMG!  Why did it take me this long to remember -- oh yeah, because I'm not in that demographic.  If any of you know your ways around MBs of magazines in Gg's target demos -- I'm talking magazines that us guys don't read, (although I've read Redbook on occasion anyway) or those aimed at younger demos (are Jane or Sassy still published?  It's not like I *want* to keep track of those magazines), Teen Vogue, Teen People, Teen Platypus, whatever.  Somebody please post the petition link in those places?

ETA -- Don't forget to spread the word about the petition at http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate to friends by email and encourage them to forward the petition link to their friends and to their friends' friends and so on and so on and so (like the old shampoo commercial).

-- Rob

------------------------
Season 8:  Because it's either that, or we petition Lauren to take over Celebrity Poker Showdown.  (Or maybe we could do both . . .?)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 11:00:47 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
Loridhhp
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 125

Love heals all wounds

View Profile
« Reply #5946 on: June 06, 2007, 11:34:13 pm »

I've signed the petition. I wish I had money for daisies etc but I'm on a very fixed income but I try to do what I can. That Jerico news was very encouraging. Let's not give up. If they can do it , so can we.

Have a great day!  Lori

Oh and Rob you can add this to your quotes... "Season 8... because Sookie can NOT have the worlds longest pregnancy!"  Shocked

Lori: "Friends come and go but I'm your mother. I'll always be here for you."
Ariel: "What if I'm an Archeologist in Eygpt and I'm having hallucinations and manic?"
Lori: "Then I'll be on the next plane. I won't give up ever"
pinkpaisley
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #5947 on: June 07, 2007, 01:37:27 am »

Yvonne (pinkpaisley) and I are working together on the new site.  We're going to make it as inclusive as possible so that all Gilmore supporters (no matter what you support) can find information and participate from one central location.

~Heidi

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know we're working on it. I will keep everyone at FanForum updated about the progression.
KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5948 on: June 07, 2007, 01:45:30 am »

Hey all! I'm about to go to college to talk to a professor..but I wanted to post this first.
So I've been trying to search all the orgs., forums, sites..whatever about Gilmore Girls in order to let them know that we need people (lots of people) to sign up the petition, and also help us with the Great8mandate. I've found some of them, and hopefully this afternoon I'll write posts in there to ask for help. If anybody can send me more websites for this, I would be really glad.

Have a nice day everyone! It's so sunny and pretty in here (too bad I'm on my finals...)

Leire

Miranda
Town Selectman

Community Points: 775

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #5949 on: June 07, 2007, 04:42:15 am »

-Olivia
I'm so sorry, I feel stupid for asking this, but where can I sign this petition???

Thanks sis (Katinka a.k.a Snowy_Duerre)
nevaeh11084
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 11

"I just...like to see you happy"

View Profile
« Reply #5950 on: June 07, 2007, 04:42:58 am »

If I can advise -- can we please not use "Will You Be Our Lorelai Gilmores?" on these? I've spent two weeks now (and some of my own money for the paper) to print up huge banners that say "Will You Be Our Lorelai Gilmores?"  I think the Quote Poster project is a fun and good idea, but let's keep the slogans separate so it's clear that each project is separate and it shows that in addition to being collective -- there are also many of us out there.  It will also help the agencies who work with the stars to keep track of where which projects came from, if they choose to send a reponse.

Thanks. Cheesy

sure no problem!!

"I just...like to see you happy"
<3 JavaJunkie
Junkie
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

We NEED season 8! Keep on fighting! ;-)

View Profile
« Reply #5951 on: June 07, 2007, 04:49:17 am »

-Olivia
I'm so sorry, I feel stupid for asking this, but where can I sign this petition???
here's the link: http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate
just click on "make signatures" and then sign Wink

BTW, i've already signed too! and i'll send the link of the petition to some german websites, maybe that helps to spread the word!

Miranda
Town Selectman

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #5952 on: June 07, 2007, 04:52:04 am »

Thanks! I'm going to post it on my other forums, I'm sure a lot of people will sign there as well...

Thanks sis (Katinka a.k.a Snowy_Duerre)
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #5953 on: June 07, 2007, 05:09:42 am »

So, I was wonder, since the Daisies may be too expensive, would mailing prettysticks (say, glittery pens?) be a good alternative drive?  Does anybody think that a pen in the mail would scare them, or is that on the level of Jericho sending peanuts?

ETA I sent a request to Michael Ausiello to post the petition link at his Ausiello Report blog and Ask Ausiello column.

-- Rob

------------------------
Season 8:  Because Sookie can NOT have the worlds longest pregnancy!  Shocked

This drive-by sig brought to you by Loridhhp and the letter "K."
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 05:13:55 am by ShutUpRob » Logged
Miranda
Town Selectman

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #5954 on: June 07, 2007, 05:11:29 am »

It might scare them, I think... I wouldn't mind though  Cheesy