The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2017, 12:45:38 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1734940 times)
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5925 on: June 06, 2007, 03:48:51 pm »

I just looked up the save jericho petition and they have 113959 signitures.

Cool!  I think that we can do that.  4.4 million viewers of Gg, that's, like two and a quarter percent of Gg's audience at the most.

BTW, anybody posted the petition to the CW Lounge, yet?

-- Rob

-----------------------
Season 8:  Because petitions are a lot more fun than I thought.
go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #5926 on: June 06, 2007, 04:05:03 pm »

So it's official, Jericho has been renewed for a 7 episode season with the possibility of more! Normally this would encourage me but there are different circumstances surrounding the Jericho cancellation and the Gilmore Girls cancellation. Ugh I wish the cast wanted to come back, we would have an S8 right now if they did want to! Cry

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
amanda elise20
Town Resident

Community Points: 5

Oy with the poodles already.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5927 on: June 06, 2007, 04:07:35 pm »

I agree with you go_clo!!

I just signed the petition and posted it on the Gilmore Girls myspace forum... I'm going to go post it on the facebook groups.

----Java Junkie---Headliner---Foodie----
*amanda elise*

*F*A*I*T*H*

sig made by sooks... thanks!
somechick03862
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #5928 on: June 06, 2007, 04:33:40 pm »

I just found this:
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/savegilmoregirls
somechick03862
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5929 on: June 06, 2007, 04:36:17 pm »

oops, posted before I was done because I have fumble fingers...people wanted to save the show before, so maybe somehow we can reach more people and get them to sign our new petition. I am contacting everyone I know who watches and spreading the word.
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #5930 on: June 06, 2007, 04:56:44 pm »

BTW, it was officially announced late today that Jericho has been renewed for 7 episodes.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/06/06/AR2007060601996.html

-- Rob

---------------------
Season 8:  Because it *has* happened for another show.
britni
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #5931 on: June 06, 2007, 05:53:07 pm »

I posted a thread at the CW longe with the petition adress on it.

If you want closure to Gilmore Girls story, either by movie or a season 8 be sure to sign the petition at:
www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate

Also be sure to visit www.savethelorelais.org
MonicaKeller
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5932 on: June 06, 2007, 06:40:44 pm »

I just signed the petition.

1giantGGfan
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 257

Hen+Chicken=4ever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5933 on: June 06, 2007, 06:50:56 pm »

Petition signed! Smiley

Also, I'll post the link in my fanfiction.net profile. [A link to GilmoreGirls.org and the Great 8 Mandate already present.]
I'll also try to mention it in authors notes on upcoming chapters.

Angela

^Thnx Melissa!
Just say, "Yes M.A.M.M"
Always a PTS @ Hearts 
I Hearts Rachel, my TJS!
Currently Located: In Janich's Dreams! Kiss (1 lucky girl!)
Marlies' biggest photo fan!
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #5934 on: June 06, 2007, 07:47:31 pm »

Just sent the petition link to Arieanna at gilmoregirlsnews.com .  Also posted it on Usenet to alt.tv.gilmore-girls (where I'm the group's FAQ-keeper) and to the more general newsgroup of rec.arts.tv

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because as Rory, Alexis can't wear the cats-eye mascara look quite as much.

JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #5935 on: June 06, 2007, 07:53:39 pm »

I was thinking; should someone bring up the Jericho announcement on the CW boards or Blog? Maybe it would generate more awareness.

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

View Profile
« Reply #5936 on: June 06, 2007, 07:55:56 pm »

**GG QUOTE POSTER PROJECT**

plese send me {[email protected]} your fave Gilmore Girls Quotes, the episode it was in, your name and city & state.
I am sending it JUNE 12 {one week from today!}

*What I am thinking of doing is using "its too soon" {lorelai 7.22} as the main quote {in the middle} and put other quotes around it a bit smaller. I want to get quotes from all the seasons and all the main characters. I am also going to write a letter and sign everyones name that sends me quotes. so far I only have 5 names...I know we can do better then that!!*

Nevaeh ...

I can send you the list I already have.  There's no sense in you doing double work that's already been done.  Smiley  PM me your email address.  It has over 200 names on it.

--Heather

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #5937 on: June 06, 2007, 08:01:13 pm »

That is excellent news for the Jericho fans and does give me some hope! However, not to be discouraging or anything but the Jericho cast wants to come back, it was the network that cancelled the show. If the girls wanted to come back but the network cancelled it, I think with all the campaigning we've been doing, we probably would have already gottan an S8 by now.

Still anything is possible! I think that if we get this, we will be part of the TV history. We will be the show refured to by all future campaigners trying to save their shows! Like what we did this whole campaign about 7th Heaven whenever someone lost hope, but instead of saying "if 7th Heaven can do it, then we can" people will be saying "if Gilmore Girls could do it, then we can!" and I don't know about all of you but I want our show to be the one refured to by campaigners like us! Smiley And yes I realise how unbelieveable corny that all just sounded but hey, I don't mind sounding corny!

**GG QUOTE POSTER PROJECT**

plese send me {[email protected]} your fave Gilmore Girls Quotes, the episode it was in, your name and city & state.
I am sending it JUNE 12 {one week from today!}

*What I am thinking of doing is using "its too soon" {lorelai 7.22} as the main quote {in the middle} and put other quotes around it a bit smaller. I want to get quotes from all the seasons and all the main characters. I am also going to write a letter and sign everyones name that sends me quotes. so far I only have 5 names...I know we can do better then that!!*

Why don't you use the quotes/episode title adjutments we came up with for letters, sigs and avis a while ago? Smiley

1. Will you be our Lorelai Gilmores for one more season?

2. We've been Gilmored!

3. Bring on a Season 8 - In omnia paratus! (ready for anything)

4. Season 8 is Written in the Stars

5. Oy with the poodles already and sign on for a Season 8!

6. Once the Gilmore Girls are in your life, they're in your life forever!

7. Love, Daisies, and Season 8

8. We are kayaks, hear us roar! Season 8!

9. We don't want to say goodbye to Daisy Miller

10. We got magic to do…. Save the Girls!

11. They Save Gilmores, Don´t They? Save the Gilmore Girls

12. Gilmore State of Mind

13. The Prodigal Show Returns

14. P.s. I lo… Gilmore Girls

15. Back in the Saddle Again – Season 8

16. The Reigning Lorelai – You can make it happen

17. Say Something – Save Gilmore Girls

18. I Get A Sidekick Out of Gilmore Girls

19. 7 Is The Loneliest Number - Bring us a season 8

20. Merry Fisticuffs - Happy to fight for season 8

21. Partings - Don't make us part with GG

22. Last Week Fights, This Week Season 8

23. Love and War and GG season 8

24. Copperboom and get us that season 8 already!

I know they aren't all quotes but still. Smiley You don't have to if you don't want to though, just an idea. Wink

If I can advise -- can we please not use "Will You Be Our Lorelai Gilmores?" on these? I've spent two weeks now (and some of my own money for the paper) to print up huge banners that say "Will You Be Our Lorelai Gilmores?"  I think the Quote Poster project is a fun and good idea, but let's keep the slogans separate so it's clear that each project is separate and it shows that in addition to being collective -- there are also many of us out there.  It will also help the agencies who work with the stars to keep track of where which projects came from, if they choose to send a reponse.

Thanks. Cheesy

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #5938 on: June 06, 2007, 08:03:01 pm »

Hi everyone,

Sorry I've been AWOL the past few days -- I'm taking 12 credit hours in a 7 week semester and the semester is almost over, so I'm just trying to keep my head above water (and books).  Smiley

Anyway, I have several notes and tidbits ...

First of all, thank you to everyone who thanked me.  I prettysticked you all back.  (I'm pretty stoked that I can do it now, so I do it whenever I've got even the slightest good reason. Wink )

IMPORTANT ORDERS OF BUSINESS

1.) Project Creations

I want to applaud all the individuals (Neveah, etc.) who are taking it in their hands to take on their own project.  Myself, Rob, Heidi and all the other members here truly appreciate it.  That said, it would be really great when you're about to introduce one if you could PM Rob and I to let us know.  The reason I say this is that Rob and I have been talking via AIM and email a lot, coming up with several ideas for future projects and campaigns -- some that are going to encompass some of the things you guys are talking about.  So if you PM us, we can let you know if it's something that's already in the works.  Between the two of us, we have a lot of experience with the media and design and in general, annoying the heck out of people so they listen to us by whatever means necessary.  Cheesy Wink

Also, you might be saving yourself a lot of work.  For example, I have a list of 200 fans and growing, with locations and ages that I can pass on to anyone who needs it for any projects they are doing.  The list is compiled with the first name, last initial and location.  I have an extensive database with location and household relationships as well and last names.  This I won't pass, but I can get you age information if necessary if you let me know who.  So again -- if you need the list, PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

We all really appreciate any individual work and projects you are doing!
  Even though you're doing it on behalf of all of us, there is an individual sacrifice of time and energy that goes into each of these things and we ALL understand it.  That said, make sure your project goes through these sorts of steps -- check with me and Rob to make sure it isn't already being done, and also, make sure it's got a clear vision.  For example, if you're making a poster, you might not want to put "Will you be our Lorelai Gilmores?" on it again, since those have already been sent.  If yours is unique, it will stand out more and each project will come across as a clear, new message backed by hundreds, not just the same one over and over again.  Smiley  This is so your work gets all the credit and "notice me!" time it deserves -- 'cause it does. Cheesy

2.) FYC Ads

Many of you have shown an interest in an FYC Ad for Variety.  You should all know that Rob and I are in the midst of coming up with a plan to get us one as well.  It's going to involve EXTENSIVE fundraising -- but something that you will all love! (I promise!)  I will be disclosing information about this on Sunday morning, Sunday evening at the latest.  So check back here around 11 a.m. EST.  So if you're looking for a way to contribue to something big and get a lil' something out of it yourself, hang tight -- it's coming up!

3.) Searching for Gilmore Girls quotes for a project or letter?

www.wikiquote.org is your one-stop-shop for Gilmore Girls quotes.  Seriously, the Wiki people are geniuses.  They've got 'em all!  www.imdb.com isn't a bad resource either.

4.) Want to get your name out there?
I'm going to continue adding to the database as I send more and more letters out and to keep a list going for any projects people might need.  If you want to get your name -- and your friends and families names out there please PM ME with the following information ...

Name:
Household members supporting an 8th season of Gilmore Girls:

I say PM so I can keep it straight from the rest of the thread and it doesn't get lost.  Smiley
There is no deadline for this, so keep 'em coming!

For a few people ...

@ Rob -- can we get some of this included in your welcome post?  It might help.  Cheesy  Thanks!

@ Stracciatella -- I saw your comment about having more participation in each individual project -- you'll be supppper happy to know we had over 200 on the PR letter project/poster project.

@ Junkie & IMawl4GG -- Thanks for the thanks. Smiley

Thanks everyone ...

And if you need to get in touch with me about anything in a hurry, PM me.  I do get an alert that I've been PMd, and I check it regardless of whether or not I have time to make it to the thread.

Smiley
--Heather
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 08:22:00 pm by heatherkilpatrick » Logged

EmilyCaroline
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5939 on: June 06, 2007, 08:20:04 pm »

The power of fans is definitely strong!!

CBS has announced that after fans sent  more than 25 tons of peanuts, they decided to renew Jericho for an abbrevaited season.

http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=1d118607-738d-4471-9278-1807ac88f4ab

I don't know about you, but that definitely gives me hope for gilmore girls!!!

Keep sending letters and daisies!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: