The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 05:35:44 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1766331 times)
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5895 on: June 05, 2007, 04:57:21 pm »

i can try the petition if you want me to. they probably just messed up the activation notice. just PM or email it to me ( [email protected] )

I just PM'd you with the petition draft.  Let's see how it goes this time.

Thanks!
Rob

----------------------------
Season 8:  Because Lorelai should wear jeans and a T-shirt more often.
Imawl4GG
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #5896 on: June 05, 2007, 06:13:48 pm »

having trouble with approving it from the preview stage but i have emailed them and will keep on doing so until they reply. i said that the target was to The CW Network, Lauren Graham, and Alexis Bledel but can change it if necessary!
theladyjedi
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #5897 on: June 05, 2007, 06:39:12 pm »

Heidi,
You have mentioned you're working on a website. If I recall, you said you only wanted to promote a movie. Is the website you're working on only for the purpose of promoting a movie or will the entire effort of a Season 8 and a movie be included? If the website will only be for a movie, another website promoting Season 8 will be needed.
Please let us know what the website will be for.
Thank you.
           Darlene       theladyjedi
Imawl4GG
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #5898 on: June 05, 2007, 06:50:27 pm »

Heidi,
You have mentioned you're working on a website. If I recall, you said you only wanted to promote a movie. Is the website you're working on only for the purpose of promoting a movie or will the entire effort of a Season 8 and a movie be included? If the website will only be for a movie, another website promoting Season 8 will be needed.
Please let us know what the website will be for.
Thank you.
           Darlene       theladyjedi

if we do need to make a website promoting season 8 also, i could do it. my friend is like the new bill gates and he has already created his own computer program to make your own websites. its amazing! i've made a few before and would be happy to do so. (nothing too too fancy though Wink im not that smart)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 06:59:34 pm by Imawl4GG » Logged
Mrs.L.Danes
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

I'm in, I'm All in for Season 8!!

View Profile
« Reply #5899 on: June 05, 2007, 07:44:04 pm »

**GG QUOTE POSTER PROJECT**

plese send me {[email protected]} your fave Gilmore Girls Quotes, the episode it was in, your name and city & state.

Have you seen the CW Lounge Gilmore Girls forum thread which is about Gilmore Girl Quotes?   I just looked for 30 minutes and can't find it, but I know it is there.  I saw it about 2 weeks or more ago, and it was really great. I want to find it again to copy and print out, but my computer is so slow it may take awhile.  But if you are looking for quotes, it is a good place to look (if you can find it).  If I find it, I will post the link.

Debbie

TO THOSE WHO APPRECIATE
WISTERIA AND SUNSHINE
SMALL MEDIEVAL ITALIAN CASTLE
On the shores of the Mediterranean to
Be Let Furnished for the month of
April, Servants Remain
theladyjedi
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #5900 on: June 05, 2007, 08:01:39 pm »

Another place to look for the addresses of individuals is "Who's who in America" which is a very expensive reference book. Ask for it at your library's reference room. The interesting thing about the book is that the information in it is obtained by sending a questionaire to the person and they usually fill in the information themselves. Among the information is sometimes a home address. This book can be very useful. I once wrote Barry Goldwater at his home address which was given and he wrote me back a personal handwritten note.
    Darlene   theladyjedi
britni
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #5901 on: June 05, 2007, 08:33:25 pm »

I have another sugestion, but it could be completely stupid, it's late and I'm tired, and while it sounds like a good idea now, it may look stupid in the morning. Well first of all if I understand right,the cancelation of the show was mainly due to contract dispute between the CW, lauen and Alexis. I'm pretty sure I heard that the contract was set, and they looked like they were going to sign it, but then backed out at the last minute. If this is the case then the CW would probaily be willing to bring back the show, they just need the stars to gowith it. Maybe we should start some king of separate project, (while, still keeping the other projects strong) just for Alexis and Lauren. Something To show them just how much everyone really loves the Gilmore Girls and needs them. I know that in an interview with Lauren she said something like, her and Alexis thought the show was reaching its end, and there really wasn't anywhere for it to go. If we can prove them wrong, maybe we can convince them, for the sake of just giving their fans closure and remaining loyal to them, to came back for 1 more shortned season.

If you want closure to Gilmore Girls story, either by movie or a season 8 be sure to sign the petition at:
www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate

Also be sure to visit www.savethelorelais.org
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #5902 on: June 05, 2007, 09:59:59 pm »

I have another sugestion, but it could be completely stupid, it's late and I'm tired, and while it sounds like a good idea now, it may look stupid in the morning. Well first of all if I understand right,the cancelation of the show was mainly due to contract dispute between the CW, lauen and Alexis. I'm pretty sure I heard that the contract was set, and they looked like they were going to sign it, but then backed out at the last minute. If this is the case then the CW would probaily be willing to bring back the show, they just need the stars to gowith it. Maybe we should start some king of separate project, (while, still keeping the other projects strong) just for Alexis and Lauren. Something To show them just how much everyone really loves the Gilmore Girls and needs them. I know that in an interview with Lauren she said something like, her and Alexis thought the show was reaching its end, and there really wasn't anywhere for it to go. If we can prove them wrong, maybe we can convince them, for the sake of just giving their fans closure and remaining loyal to them, to came back for 1 more shortned season.

I think I get what you're getting at, Britni, and I think that the answer is "We've got stuff going -- leaving messages daily on the comment line, The Daisy Campaign, Operation: Daisy Duke, the letter-writing campaign, I've stressed for the past couple of weeks that Alexis IMO should be one of the primary targets (maybe I should change the order of addresses to send to and put Alexis at the top of the list then).  And most of the projects are targeting the network and the actresses, or more specificially, Dawn Ostroff (of The CW) and Lauren and Alexis.

But IMO, in such a situation, if you think it's not enough, then I agree with you, I'm just asking you to keep working that idea that you've got in the back of your mind that is working at you here, let your creative mind wander around it and see what happens.  If/when you come up with an idea, you'll know and I totally want to hear it -- just, y'know, be ready to be the leader of whatever project you come up with.  'Cause that's kinda how grassroots campaigning works.  You know, town hall, Luke wrests control of the party planning from Taylor, says, "I'll bring the burgers and food, etc." and Kirk says, "I'll be the DJ" and Morey and everybody else volunteers to do whatever else they think up off the top of their heads based on what they *can* do.

That doesn't mean that you have to do whatever project you're doing by yourself, just let us know what you come up with.  It may duplicate something else that somebody else is doing, but even then, so what?  Maybe the person that ran that other project has ideas for how to do it a little more efficiently the second time around, so suggest it anyway -- worst that can happen is somebody says, "xxxx is doing that already, you should check with her and maybe you two can make it bigger."

-- Rob

--------------------------
Season 8:  Because if The Real Paul Anka were a dog, he'd be a miniature schnauzer (dirty!) because they yap a lot (they're miniature Lorelais that way).  And they're small, just like Paul Anka. 
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #5903 on: June 05, 2007, 10:22:55 pm »

I had another good reason to do an adjacent post tonight.  Here's an article on the renewal talks for Jericho.  I've highlighted/supersized the parts that I'd like every Gilmore fan to take from this article:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2007/06/its_official_th.html

Resurrection:  The fans save Jericho

Sometimes going a little nutty is a good thing.

For weeks, "Jericho" junkies have been firing e-mails (effectively
shutting down InBoxes at CBS and this newspaper), signing petitions
and sending bags of nuts to CBS headquarters in protest.

The assault seems to have worked, "Jericho" creator and executive
producer Carol Barbee said Tuesday. CBS executives are in discussions
with the show's producers and actors to resuscitate the show  --
killed just last month -- for an eight-episode run in mid-season.

"The idea would not be to bring it for eight and out, but to bring it
back for eight with the hope that it would keep going," Barbee said.
"They're making deals with the actors and there's other logistical
stuff to work out too. 'Swingtown' [a new drama] was supposed to take
over the same stages so it's a lot about the logistics of how to work
out a schedule that works for all of us."

Barbee said the fan fever for the show did not surprise her-she had
been keeping a close eye on the show's viewers on the Web. But she
never expected CBS to change its mind because of the devotion.

"I was so kicked in the gut when we were canceled," she said. "I was
really upset and angry and mourning over this amazing experience we
had this year and this amazing family we put together and this show we
were all so proud of. I didn't see the end coming so it felt like it
wasn't over."

When the fan fight to save the show would not let up, CBS began talks
with producers about a two-hour movie that would wrap up the show, but
the writers were not interested, Barbee said.

"We just felt like that was doing it short-shrift, and it's too big of
a story to wrap up in a two-hour movie," she said. "I really think
that what has been learned here is that networks are going to have to
look at numbers and who is watching their show and who is downloading
their show in a different way from here on out. I think they have to
understand that the Nielsens are not telling the story anymore and
that the 18-49 demographic they're all so keen on is online and that's
how increasingly they are getting their news and entertainment."

Since the fan revolt began, "Jericho" viewers have insisted they also
would not be satisfied with a TV movie
or online re-cap that told them
how the "Jericho" story ends.

If the actors sign on the dotted line -- and those deals should be in
place in the next day or two -- Barbee said "Jericho" junkies will get
their way.

-- Maria Elena Fernandez

------------------------

IOW, have you sent any daisies lately? (except for you Jillian, you've sent enough for awhile!)

Have you been calling the CW's viewer comment line and any email inboxes at the CW lately?
     (BTW, for the record, The CW's comment line at 1-818-977-6878 was open a little later today than it usually is, about 3pm ET/12pm PT)

Have you sent any snail mail lately?

Have you gotten anybody you know in your hometown, school or neighborhood to write letters, call the comment line, send daisies, etc.? 

Have you contributed to any of the other projects?  'Cause guess what? 

Not rolling over for the empty promise of a 2-hour movie worked for Jericho.

-- Rob

---------------------
Season 8:  Because, uhh, not rolling over for the empty promise of a 2-hour movie worked for Jericho.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 10:40:33 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
somechick03862
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #5904 on: June 06, 2007, 06:13:26 am »

One of the top stories today on the Comcast homepage is about Jericho fans saving the show.

I hope someday to see that the fans have flooded the CW Inbox with enough mail to keep GG around for another season!!
stracciatella
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 9

View Profile
« Reply #5905 on: June 06, 2007, 06:33:54 am »

From FanForum:

Originally Posted by pinkpaisley (View Post)
We are now talking about doing one website for both subjects. I am sure we will work something out! 

By "We" - do you mean in collaboration with gilmoregirls.org? 

Yes.

By "both subjects" she means movie and season 8. I think this is awesome =)

@go_clo: I am not registered over there so I can't ask. Do you know if they're talking to Heidi or to someone else from our Great8Mandate thread? Because if they're not talking to Heidi then we'll have two websites in the end. I think it's important only to have one website. ONE adress that can be spread all over the internet.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 06:35:24 am by stracciatella » Logged
robinmac
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5906 on: June 06, 2007, 07:00:22 am »

The Jericho news has inspired me -- it can work. We can do this! I have emailed LA Times, and the CW this morning and now I'm working on snail mail. Do we know how many daisies have been sent?
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #5907 on: June 06, 2007, 07:20:49 am »

From FanForum:

Originally Posted by pinkpaisley (View Post)
We are now talking about doing one website for both subjects. I am sure we will work something out! 

By "We" - do you mean in collaboration with gilmoregirls.org? 

Yes.

By "both subjects" she means movie and season 8. I think this is awesome =)

@go_clo: I am not registered over there so I can't ask. Do you know if they're talking to Heidi or to someone else from our Great8Mandate thread? Because if they're not talking to Heidi then we'll have two websites in the end. I think it's important only to have one website. ONE adress that can be spread all over the internet.

stracciatella,

The Jericho peeps had more than one website -- the only question is, what's going to be the "main" website, right?  IMO, there's no such thing as a "main" website for this.  As is usual with grassroots efforts,  it's going to be a group effort, a coalition of as many Gg-related websites as we possibly can.  Sure, gg.org is one of the more visible ones because the Mandate has been around for a while, but as long as there's at least a Webring of Save Gg sites, I think there's every reason that different sites *should* exist.   More than one website helps to enlarge the fanbase and rally the fanbase to wherever they're most comfortable.  I'm not going to speak for Heidi here, so this is entirely my idea -- but IMO, as long as Gg websites maintain reciprocity, if they carry a Mandate banner/link, the Mandate would/could carry their banner/link, too, if Heidi would be into that.

But really, since they're talking about coordinating with gg.org, this issue is kinda already been answered.  It's a coalition, we can add FanForum and any other Save Gg fansites that pop up to our list of affiliates in our next press packet (which I wouldn't expect to be sent out for at least another two-three weeks since the current packets should be arriving in newspaper & media mailboxes in the next couple of days.

So in the scheme of things, let's not worry that they're running their own campaign -- we all have the same goal, they've already said that they're going to coordinate with us.  If they want to crosspost my FAQs (and I'll post another installment of one of them in a couple of hours, as soon as I've update it), that's fine -- just add a link to the Mandate thread, mention my name as the author/ringleader of ODD and great!  The word spreads!

-- Rob

------------------------
Season 8:  Because as the saying goes, "The more, the merrier" -- and not just in the number of episodes.  Wink

stracciatella
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 9

View Profile
« Reply #5908 on: June 06, 2007, 08:28:57 am »

Rob,

I agree with you mostly. My only concern is that if we had more than one website we might not be able to coordinate certain projects as well. If 100 people take part in one project, this one project is going to have a greater impact than two seperate projects with 50 participants each. But as long as the hosts of the websites communicate and put up the same basic information and projects (e.g. the Daisy Campaign would HAVE to be mentioned on all of them) it would be fine.
britni
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #5909 on: June 06, 2007, 09:06:05 am »

I think I can understand why the Jericho campagne was so effective. It's because if anyone seen the final episode , you could tell it was not ment to end. And unlike Gilmore Girls they didn't announce that that was the series finle. Many people probalie don't realize what the situation was behaind the cancelation of Gilmore Girls (the whole caontract thing). Alot people probalie don't realize that there is a chance we can bring the show back. I know I didn't until I seen this thread. So I think that ifwe just continue to spred the word, and get a website we have a shot.

If you want closure to Gilmore Girls story, either by movie or a season 8 be sure to sign the petition at:
www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate

Also be sure to visit www.savethelorelais.org
Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: