The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2017, 06:54:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1729305 times)
britni
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #5880 on: June 05, 2007, 12:39:22 pm »

Those all sound like great ideas, but I'm nor really sure if thats actuall true. I mean it was just on a forum so it's hard to say if its actually true or not.

If you want closure to Gilmore Girls story, either by movie or a season 8 be sure to sign the petition at:
www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate

Also be sure to visit www.savethelorelais.org
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5881 on: June 05, 2007, 01:05:39 pm »

Actually I think that is true, as I also found the same text a couple of days ago. I think I saw it on the website that was posted on tvguide.com (I suppose it was to save VM or for a VM-movie) ... however, I was lurking too Smiley

Don't know what to do with this information though ... I think doing the same thing would be - well not very creative. I remember that in my first or second post here after the registration, I suggested making an ad (like a big banner) or even tv (I knew back then that this is waaay to expensive) .. but maybe we can still put something up like this? At least to get attention? Of course in this case it would help to drag people here again .. I am sure there are still soooo many people who are disappointed about the cancelation and who want the show back.

@Leire: I LOVE your creative work! Although I could only open the second one "If I could write" the other one said something like 'access denied' .. but you did a really great job and I'll think of way to use this in our campaign. May I ask you if you found the chords on the internet? I think after more than a year of not playing it's time to grab out my guitar again  Grin

« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 01:09:38 pm by divine » Logged

Junkie
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

We NEED season 8! Keep on fighting! ;-)

View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: June 05, 2007, 01:25:37 pm »

.. but maybe we can still put something up like this? At least to get attention? Of course in this case it would help to drag people here again .. I am sure there are still soooo many people who are disappointed about the cancelation and who want the show back.

it would be great to create such a big project! but i think that we'd maybe need a homepage first because IMO people would pay more attention on it than on this forum. i know it was already suggested several times, i just wanted to mention it again. do we already have someone to make a website?
if VM fans are putting up something like this to get attention, we could do it too to get more attention.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 02:21:46 pm by Junkie » Logged

divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5883 on: June 05, 2007, 01:42:27 pm »

it would be great to create such a big project! but i think that we'd maybe need a homepage first because IMO people would pay more attention on it than on this forum. i know it was already suggested several times, i just wanted to mention it again. do we already have someone to make a webside?
if VM fans are putting up something like this to get attention, we could do it too to get more attention.

Yeah, actually Heidi said a few days ago that she's already working on a homepage but she'll still need some time, cause she wants everything to be okay with it. I am glad she's already taking care of it (*prettystick*) cause I also think that we are going to need this homepage to inform more people about the Great8Mandate.

Junkie
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: June 05, 2007, 01:46:33 pm »

it would be great to create such a big project! but i think that we'd maybe need a homepage first because IMO people would pay more attention on it than on this forum. i know it was already suggested several times, i just wanted to mention it again. do we already have someone to make a webside?

Yeah, actually Heidi said a few days ago that she's already working on a homepage but she'll still need some time, cause she wants everything to be okay with it. I am glad she's already taking care of it (*prettystick*) cause I also think that we are going to need this homepage to inform more people about the Great8Mandate.
cool, that sounds really good!  Smiley  Smiley  thanks for the info, divine!  Wink and also a big "thank you" to heidi, who's doing so much for this campaign!!

Imawl4GG
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #5885 on: June 05, 2007, 01:49:58 pm »

cool, that sounds really good! Smiley Smiley thanks for the info, divine! Wink and also a big "thank you" to heidi, who's doing so much for this campaign!!

and im gonna add heather and rob to that! Cheesy
go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: June 05, 2007, 01:57:19 pm »

Someone on Fanforum I think is making a website aswell. Strangely enough, they came up with the idea to make a website to fight for a movie the same time you guys did. I don't know if she is making a website just dedicated to getting a movie or if she is making it to save GG all together though. Oh well, 2 websites can't hurt! Wink May even be better that way!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 02:11:49 pm by go_clo » Logged

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
Mak
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #5887 on: June 05, 2007, 02:05:02 pm »

Two things

@ Rob: at IMDpro I came across a different contact address for Alexis Bledel

Endeavour Agency (talent agent Megan Silverman)
9601 Wilshire Blvd, 3rd Floor
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

I hope we haven't been sending our daisies etc. to the wrong address!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also, seeing the name of her agent, and knowing that any chance of a renewal mostly hinges on Alexis changing her mind, I was wondering if it wouldn't be a good idea to start working on her agent (and via her agent on her), ie making them aware of how disappointed her fans are, and how much good it would do her reputation and popularity if she were to come back on her decision (no threats or slanging-matches of course!)!

@ Heidi

How's the work on that web-site/home-page coming along? I think that would be a major help in getting us better organized and giving us a better overview of the goings-on, as well as a window to the outer world. I'm just very afraid we're starting to turn in circles here, and that this thread is getting very incestuous. Look at nevaeh11084 only gathering the favourite quotes of 5 people!

@ Nevaeh
Maybe you should try posting on some other of these threads (against the rules of the forum, I'm sure, but necessity has no law!). I myself am still thinking about my favourite quote (so many to choose from), but I think the list posted a bit earlier, of the episode titles changed to suit the G8M is also a terrific idea!
go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: June 05, 2007, 02:14:07 pm »

Hey how about along with a website, we make a LJ community?! LJ is a pretty big commuity website that gets quite a bit of attention, almost everyone has one so maybe having a LJ would help. People could friend the community and stay up to date with updates concerning new projects and any new news we get. It would also be handy for advertising the website that is being made. I would be happy to make it if enough people want it and would join it. Smiley What do you guys think?

I'm just very afraid we're starting to turn in circles here, and that this thread is getting very incestuous. Look at nevaeh11084 only gathering the favourite quotes of 5 people!

Don't worry about how few people there were giving quotes. Someone (can't remember who) put together a poster a couple pages back with names of S8 supporters on them and she had over 100 names on it so don't worry, we still have support. Just give the quote thing time. Smiley A website would help though!

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
Junkie
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: June 05, 2007, 02:22:47 pm »

cool, that sounds really good! Smiley Smiley thanks for the info, divine! Wink and also a big "thank you" to heidi, who's doing so much for this campaign!!

and im gonna add heather and rob to that! Cheesy
you're absolutely right! i concur!  Smiley

KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5890 on: June 05, 2007, 02:25:41 pm »

@Leire: I LOVE your creative work! Although I could only open the second one "If I could write" the other one said something like 'access denied' .. but you did a really great job and I'll think of way to use this in our campaign. May I ask you if you found the chords on the internet? I think after more than a year of not playing it's time to grab out my guitar again  Grin

Thank you Divine, glad you liked it. I'm trying to download Reflecting Light on my other computer,and it's working fine foe me.
Anyway, I learnt how to play guitar for a year, and then I learnt by ear, so those are "my chords".
Although, I've found a couple of sites for you, where you can find the chords. I know that the ones for If I could write, are the ones that I use. But I use different tune for the other one.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/s/sam_phillips/if_i_could_write_crd.htm If I could write
[url]http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/www.ultimate-guitar.com/print.php?what=tab&id=319885 or http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/s/sam_phillips/reflecting_light_crd.htm[/url]  Reflecting light

Hope I helped you.

Leire
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 02:28:27 pm by KuKuLeNiLeNi » Logged

Frannie530
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

View Profile
« Reply #5891 on: June 05, 2007, 02:30:37 pm »

If you look at the following Jericho Fan Campaign Websites, maybe we can get some other ideas on how to get Gilmore Girls back on the air.   They have written and called Leslie Moonves, President and CEO of the CBS Corporation. They are getting some positive feedback. CBS Corporation is a stakeholder in the CW. People should e-mail and call to let them know how disappointed they are with the cancellation of The Gilmore Girls.

http://www.jericholives.com/
http://www.bringjerichoback.com/
http://thewarp.org/blog/index.cfm/2007/5/17/NUTS-campaign-to-Save-Jericho

Never 2 Late 4 Season 8
Bring Back The Gilmore Girls!
nevaeh11084
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 11

"I just...like to see you happy"

View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: June 05, 2007, 02:41:28 pm »

**GG QUOTE POSTER PROJECT**

plese send me {[email protected]} your fave Gilmore Girls Quotes, the episode it was in, your name and city & state.
I am sending it JUNE 12 {one week from today!}

*What I am thinking of doing is using "its too soon" {lorelai 7.22} as the main quote {in the middle} and put other quotes around it a bit smaller. I want to get quotes from all the seasons and all the main characters. I am also going to write a letter and sign everyones name that sends me quotes. so far I only have 5 names...I know we can do better then that!!*

Why don't you use the quotes/episode title adjutments we came up with for letters, sigs and avis a while ago? Smiley

1. Will you be our Lorelai Gilmores for one more season?

2. We've been Gilmored!

3. Bring on a Season 8 - In omnia paratus! (ready for anything)

4. Season 8 is Written in the Stars

5. Oy with the poodles already and sign on for a Season 8!

6. Once the Gilmore Girls are in your life, they're in your life forever!

7. Love, Daisies, and Season 8

8. We are kayaks, hear us roar! Season 8!

9. We don't want to say goodbye to Daisy Miller

10. We got magic to do…. Save the Girls!

11. They Save Gilmores, Don´t They? Save the Gilmore Girls

12. Gilmore State of Mind

13. The Prodigal Show Returns

14. P.s. I lo… Gilmore Girls

15. Back in the Saddle Again – Season 8

16. The Reigning Lorelai – You can make it happen

17. Say Something – Save Gilmore Girls

18. I Get A Sidekick Out of Gilmore Girls

19. 7 Is The Loneliest Number - Bring us a season 8

20. Merry Fisticuffs - Happy to fight for season 8

21. Partings - Don't make us part with GG

22. Last Week Fights, This Week Season 8

23. Love and War and GG season 8

24. Copperboom and get us that season 8 already!

I know they aren't all quotes but still. Smiley You don't have to if you don't want to though, just an idea. Wink

hey i love that idea ill make a seprate poster for that one cuz i really want to do one with actual quotes from the show. but i will take pics of both and post them on here when im done.

DON"T FORGET to send me {[email protected]} your quotes, name, city & state. i really want to get alot of names on this project!! Tongue

"I just...like to see you happy"
<3 JavaJunkie
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5893 on: June 05, 2007, 04:09:22 pm »

Two things

Beverly Hills, CA 90210

I hope we haven't been sending our daisies etc. to the wrong address!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also, seeing the name of her agent, and knowing that any chance of a renewal mostly hinges on Alexis changing her mind, I was wondering if it wouldn't be a good idea to start working on her agent (and via her agent on her), ie making them aware of how disappointed her fans are, and how much good it would do her reputation and popularity if she were to come back on her decision (no threats or slanging-matches of course!)!

Actually, I knew that one.  I just used the Entourage rule -- go for the managers (the Erics) rather than the agents (the Ari's).  Some of the actors only have talent agents listed, some have both managers and talent agents listed.  Wherever there was a manager, I went with the manager rather than the agent.  Another poster is proofreading a *bunch* of addresses for me -- and I'll be sending her another batch over night (or tomorrow night, depending on how bad my insomnia hits me tonight.)

@ thegirls4ever -- Re:  An ad page -- I'm going to be evasive on this one for the moment.  (That's, yes, a definite maybe, but I won't explain why.)  But regarding VM's chances, I wouldn't worry about it.  VM's ratings were so bad that their getting a fundraiser going for an ad page isn't going to do a thing to get that show revived -- its ratings were just too terrible, so they're just basically doing a thank you ad and disguising it as a Save Our Show ad. 

Yes, that begs the obvious question of, well, doesn't that amount to what we're doing, too?  Uh, nope.  Gg has been too highly rated -- its end was due to a contract dispute, not due to ratings.  The shows that do get revived get revived because the ratings are there and all that it takes is convincing the right people to uncancel it -- usually, that's the network, which is hard enough as it is because any network is really a team of businesspeople, but this time it boils down to convincing one actress and *maybe* her veteran co-lead (who may not need convincing) to come back to the show.

The talks to revive Jericho for an 8-episode midseason replacement thus provide a far more plausible example of a campaign that works than Veronica Mars's campaign.  The first thing you've got to do is have a show that has the ratings that make it worth saving -- Gg and Jericho have it, VM doesn't.  So step two is getting the actresses back to the table.

FTR, the costs of an ad in Variety and/or the HR are so high that they haven't even really gotten close to the fundage of a real add, however they're doing the fundraising.  A decent-sized one-time ad in Variety costs in the $4-$7K range depending on size and there are a few other things that would need to be worked out.  (I'm saying, being evasive until heatherkilpatrick is free to kibbitz again).

@ go_clo -- I'm actually encouraged by the news that someone on FanForum is building a Gg site now.  Please track down the person at FF and find out if it indeed is a Save Gg site as this could turn out to be one of those ways to pool our resources that I was hoping would happen all along.

@ Frannie530 -- Please, if you have been talking to someone from the Jericho campaign, ask them questions about how they did their campaign. I think that they had somewhere around a month's lead time to start their campaign before we did because Gg was cancelled so late in the season and during such a rollercoaster period that we didn't know what to think was going on whereas Jericho fans had the idea from the ratings for quite some time that Jericho was really on south side of the bubble, thus, when the Nuts! line happened, they were already organized whereas we're still in the process of organizing and are IMO right about where we should be, going on for about a month and on the verge of expanding.  Anyway, find out what they've done that can be applied to Gg, find out what you think they've done that we've also done that you think we could be doing better and how and why they're dong it better.

@ Also, could *somebody* please tell me why I created a petition at PetitionOnline (which is the same one that the Jericho petition is on) two weeks ago and I still haven't received any activation notice or anything?  If you know how to get a PetitionOnline petition up quickly, please let me know and I'll send you a copy of the petition I done wrote up.

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because after season 5, Rory needed a little bit more than a nudge to keep her momentum going.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 04:15:21 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
Imawl4GG
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: June 05, 2007, 04:34:53 pm »

Two things

Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Actually, I knew that one.  I just used the Entourage rule -- go for the managers (the Erics) rather than the agents (the Ari's).  Some of the actors only have talent agents listed, some have both managers and talent agents listed.  Wherever there was a manager, I went with the manager rather than the agent.  Another poster is proofreading a *bunch* of addresses for me -- and I'll be sending her another batch over night (or tomorrow night, depending on how bad my insomnia hits me tonight.)

@ thegirls4ever -- Re:  An ad page -- I'm going to be evasive on this one for the moment.  (That's, yes, a definite maybe, but I won't explain why.)  But regarding VM's chances, I wouldn't worry about it.  VM's ratings were so bad that their getting a fundraiser going for an ad page isn't going to do a thing to get that show revived -- its ratings were just too terrible, so they're just basically doing a thank you ad and disguising it as a Save Our Show ad. 

Yes, that begs the obvious question of, well, doesn't that amount to what we're doing, too?  Uh, nope.  Gg has been too highly rated -- its end was due to a contract dispute, not due to ratings.  The shows that do get revived get revived because the ratings are there and all that it takes is convincing the right people to uncancel it -- usually, that's the network, which is hard enough as it is because any network is really a team of businesspeople, but this time it boils down to convincing one actress and *maybe* her veteran co-lead (who may not need convincing) to come back to the show.

The talks to revive Jericho for an 8-episode midseason replacement thus provide a far more plausible example of a campaign that works than Veronica Mars's campaign.  The first thing you've got to do is have a show that has the ratings that make it worth saving -- Gg and Jericho have it, VM doesn't.  So step two is getting the actresses back to the table.

FTR, the costs of an ad in Variety and/or the HR are so high that they haven't even really gotten close to the fundage of a real add, however they're doing the fundraising.  A decent-sized one-time ad in Variety costs in the $4-$7K range depending on size and there are a few other things that would need to be worked out.  (I'm saying, being evasive until heatherkilpatrick is free to kibbitz again).

@ go_clo -- I'm actually encouraged by the news that someone on FanForum is building a Gg site now.  Please track down the person at FF and find out if it indeed is a Save Gg site as this could turn out to be one of those ways to pool our resources that I was hoping would happen all along.

@ Frannie530 -- Please, if you have been talking to someone from the Jericho campaign, ask them questions about how they did their campaign. I think that they had somewhere around a month's lead time to start their campaign before we did because Gg was cancelled so late in the season and during such a rollercoaster period that we didn't know what to think was going on whereas Jericho fans had the idea from the ratings for quite some time that Jericho was really on south side of the bubble, thus, when the Nuts! line happened, they were already organized whereas we're still in the process of organizing and are IMO right about where we should be, going on for about a month and on the verge of expanding.  Anyway, find out what they've done that can be applied to Gg, find out what you think they've done that we've also done that you think we could be doing better and how and why they're dong it better.

@ Also, could *somebody* please tell me why I created a petition at PetitionOnline (which is the same one that the Jericho petition is on) two weeks ago and I still haven't received any activation notice or anything?  If you know how to get a PetitionOnline petition up quickly, please let me know and I'll send you a copy of the petition I done wrote up.

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because after season 5, Rory needed a little bit more than a nudge to keep her momentum going.

i can try the petition if you want me to. they probably just messed up the activation notice. just PM or email it to me ( [email protected] )
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: