The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 10:29:17 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1765799 times)
laaauren
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

View Profile
« Reply #5865 on: June 05, 2007, 05:14:28 am »

the actors wont come back anymore and i will respect that, they are tired of the same job and they are burned out, i absolutely can understand them!
if u ask me, it makes more sense to save the soundstage buildings like they did it for friends, so we can always visit the home of lorelai and rory in the soundstage, that will be a nice memory, i hope it is not tooo late but we should do everything, so we can visit the inside of the house as often as we want.
pls heidi, help!
any great ideas, write them mails n stuff, this would be more than great!

Junkie
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

We NEED season 8! Keep on fighting! ;-)

View Profile
« Reply #5866 on: June 05, 2007, 06:52:28 am »

the actors wont come back anymore and i will respect that, they are tired of the same job and they are burned out, i absolutely can understand them!
if u ask me, it makes more sense to save the soundstage buildings like they did it for friends, so we can always visit the home of lorelai and rory in the soundstage, that will be a nice memory, i hope it is not tooo late but we should do everything, so we can visit the inside of the house as often as we want.
pls heidi, help!
i'm sorry i really don't want to be unpolite or something but most of the G8M-supporters still have hope. if you don't believe in a reunion, it's fine, but please don't try to discourage us because we're kind of desperate anyway.  Embarrassed

ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5867 on: June 05, 2007, 07:15:39 am »

I'm not disagreeing with you here as far as actors being burnt out:  there are only two of them that are the issue and one of them was/is actually "amenable" to coming back.  Which leaves really only changing one mind.  And minds can be 100% sure in one direction until they're changed to 100% in the other direction, especially if/when all the people involved are persuaded to come back to the negotiating table to make certain compromises -- such as, say, there's no reason that both actresses have to carry the same lead-actress role in every episode, one can remain with a leading-actor load, the other could appear less often. etc.  That's why the campaign is directed primarily at Ostroff and the two actresses.

The soundstages have likely already been dismantled and whatever could be saved *was* returned to stock.  That does not mean that anything that couldn't be saved can't be rebuilt.  Luckily, over half of the sets wouldn't have been used anyway next season (Logan's sets and the Yale sets in particular) so rebuilding sets wouldn't be *nearly* the issue they would otherwise be.  Because few of them would *have* to be rebuilt.

Similarly, as soon as Amy Sherman-Palladino announced that she was interested in doing a 2-hour movie, any remaining interior sets that they hadn't already struck (dismantled), they probably started taking extra care in dismantling in order to segregate them anyway, so IMO, your concerns for the interior sets are admirable and likely already fulfilled.

pls heidi, help!

My idea would be this:  Don't lose hope, Laaauren -- continue with the campaign to get s8!

-- Rob

----------------------
Season 8:  Because, really, only two minds (at the most) absolutely have to be changed.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 07:31:05 am by ShutUpRob » Logged
lalaliz2005
« Reply #5868 on: June 05, 2007, 07:23:01 am »

10) NEW! AOL is currently doing a Best and Worst of TV 2007 poll at: http://television.aol.com/feature/tv-season-end-best-worst-poll . There are twenty questions, three of them (including question #20) have Gilmore Girls-related choices. The winners are going to be announced on June 18th, so until the vote actually closes, vote early, vote often!

Okay, so I took the polls at AOL and GG is winning in their three different questions! Yay us! But we need to keep it that way! So go vote!

I thought it was funny that the CW only had a 5% vote for "Strongest Station" (or whatever it was called)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 07:24:25 am by lalaliz2005 » Logged
somechick03862
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #5869 on: June 05, 2007, 07:47:08 am »

Okay Rob, I don't know if this is what you have in mind, but here you go, these are the responses that I have gotten from the advertisers that I contacted.

From Old Navy:
Dear Melissa,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding our advertising campaigns.  We
always want to know how our advertising is being received, and your
comments are appreciated.

We have several different campaigns a year, and each one is designed to
target various segments of our consumer base.  We regularly evaluate our
ads for effectiveness and reach because we want to make sure our
advertising is appropriate for our customers and our brands.  Feedback
like yours is an important part of this process, and we have forwarded
your concerns to the marketing managers who are responsible for these
decisions.  We are sure they will be interested to hear your thoughts on
this matter as well.

We hope you will continue to let us know how we are doing.

Sincerely,

Shelly
Customer Service Consultant

From Dove:
Hello Melissa,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your disappointment with a
television network decision.

As an advertiser, it is our concern and our responsibility to ensure
that
the programs which feature our advertisements meet certain criteria and
standards.   In fact, we learned that we are among only a few companies
in
the U.S. which applies a standardized method to monitor program content.

However, we are not affiliated with any television network, production
company, or television studio.  As independent businesses they must make
choices everyday which balance the wants and needs of their customers
with
fiscal responsibility.  As one of many advertisers, at no time are we
involved in this decision making process or in any decision affecting
television ideology, presentations, schedules, or times.

We will certainly forward your comments to our internal marketing staff
and external advertising agency.

Kind regards,
Your friends at Unilever
mg

from Chili's:
June 4, 2007

Dear Mrs. Kidd,

Thank you for taking the time to send us an email and for your kind comments regarding
Chili's.  We enjoy hearing from our valued guests and we certainly appreciate your
feedback.

We hope we have the opportunity to see you in one of our restaurants soon.  It will be our
pleasure to serve you!

Sincerely,

Mary Jo Robbins
Guest Relations
Ref # 647195

From Toyota:
Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
What a pleasure it was to receive and read your email regarding your enjoyment of our Adverttisement during the showing of Gilmore Girls.

We make every effort to produce compelling advertising by researching, testing, and constantly monitoring audience feedback. Consumer opinion and perception play an active role in our ongoing efforts to lead the automobile industry in ad quality and innovation.

May you enjoy Toyota ads and products for many years and miles to come.

Your email has been documented at our National Headquarters under file #200706041509. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

See and hear about Toyota’s 50th Anniversary in America!

From Target:
Dear Melissa Kidd,

While we appreciate the time you've taken to share your concern about Gilmore
Girl, I'm sorry to let you know that we can't help with this matter. Target does
work with all the networks for our advertising needs, but we only take a
position on issues that affect our retail business agenda.

Great products. Great value. And a great shopping experience - every time you
visit our stores. That's what Target is all about. We're always glad to hear
from you, so if you have any questions or comments, give us a call at (800)
440-0680. You can also check with a Guest Services Team Lead at your store, or
visit us on Target.com. Either way, we're here to help!

Thanks for shopping with us. I hope we'll see you again soon at Target.

Sincerely,

Matthew
Target Guest Relations
www.target.com

There are more, I think but I have to end now, there's a kid screaming at me!LOL
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #5870 on: June 05, 2007, 09:19:36 am »

Okay Rob, I don't know if this is what you have in mind, but here you go, these are the responses that I have gotten from the advertisers that I contacted.

Old Navy, Chili's, Dove, Toyota -- all advisement posts.

These are definitely the type of reactions I have in mind to see posted.  Then we can compile them into usable data.  Target is a bit oblivious to what we're asking for -- the rest, even though seemingly non-commital, are giving us the type of responses that we should both 1) expect and 2) ask for.  That they're taking our writing to them under consideration for how it will affect their choices of advertising in the future.  We don't know exactly how they're going to use the data -- this is purely speculation, but, perhaps it could just be that they're going to use it to pressure The CW by letting them know that the fall schedule isn't an acceptable set of series to advertise on (particularly when it's far from Gilmore-ish and closer to Pussycat Doll-ish), perhaps they're voicing their disappointment with the cancellation of Gg to the network and it's just their policy not to let us know what they're doing other than taking it under advisement.  Target seems to miss that point and thinks that we're asking them to get Gg uncancelled through the sheer force of their corporate power (in which case, they're just being a little too literal, but at least they're empathizing with us in doing so).  Kellogg's IMO excceeded our expectations and should be commended for being that interested in building brand loyalty with us  (Reminder to self: work harder to get local Wal-Borg to carry Crispix 'cause it's Crispy Times Two.)

So don't be disheartened by the "we're taking it under advisement" type responses -- even though they're Vulcan-y in dispassion (because they're supposed to be), their responses mean that they're using our letters at all means that it's providing them the data that that such letters are meant to provide.  IOW, even Advisement letters translate to "job well done" for our purposes.  And thus, these are advertisers that we should *continue* to target.

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because we need to know if Kirk has learned how to make an Easter Egg Hunt Map.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 09:21:50 am by ShutUpRob » Logged
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #5871 on: June 05, 2007, 09:59:25 am »

Just had to break the rule of adjacent posts this once to post the following news that IMO helps to point out why the Mandate ain't anywhere near over:

----------------------

Via the Ausiello Report
http://community.tvguide.com/blog/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/700000049

Exclusive: Jericho on Verge of Renewal?
OK, this is nuts!

Multiple sources are telling me that CBS is thisclose to sealing a
deal to bring Jericho back for at least eight episodes, possibly at
mid-season. My spies caution that this is in no way official, but it
certainly sounds like it could be by day's end.

To say this would be a huge victory for crazy TV fans everywhere would
be the understatement of the frakkin' millennium.

Developing…

-------------------------

Rob here:  Okay, I luurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrves me the news that they're in discussion for an 8-episode renewal for Jericho.  I'll be very giddy if it happens, but one more thing:

If Jericho gets an 8-episode renewal, then it points out the . . . err, how to put it? . . . error of The CW walking away from what reportedly was the Less Amenable Gilmore changing the contract demands to an 8-episode final season rather than a 13-episode final season.  Since proportionally, Gg is *the far* bigger hit and far more necessary for its network than Jericho is for its network, Jericho's revival, if it happens this way, will make The CW's peeps look all the more like they were, as euphemistically as I can put it, overreacting to the change in episode count demanded by one or both of the Gilmore Girls.

-- Rob

----------------------
Season 8:  Because stranger things are happening.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 10:00:35 am by ShutUpRob » Logged
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5872 on: June 05, 2007, 10:32:11 am »

Is there any way to get a handy dandy link to the advertisers emails again? (ooh, where's that embarassed emoticon?)

Job well done for those keeping the faith! And, I completely missed the Crispix thing...

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #5873 on: June 05, 2007, 10:46:42 am »

That is excellent news for the Jericho fans and does give me some hope! However, not to be discouraging or anything but the Jericho cast wants to come back, it was the network that cancelled the show. If the girls wanted to come back but the network cancelled it, I think with all the campaigning we've been doing, we probably would have already gottan an S8 by now.

Still anything is possible! I think that if we get this, we will be part of the TV history. We will be the show refured to by all future campaigners trying to save their shows! Like what we did this whole campaign about 7th Heaven whenever someone lost hope, but instead of saying "if 7th Heaven can do it, then we can" people will be saying "if Gilmore Girls could do it, then we can!" and I don't know about all of you but I want our show to be the one refured to by campaigners like us! Smiley And yes I realise how unbelieveable corny that all just sounded but hey, I don't mind sounding corny!

**GG QUOTE POSTER PROJECT**

plese send me {[email protected]} your fave Gilmore Girls Quotes, the episode it was in, your name and city & state.
I am sending it JUNE 12 {one week from today!}

*What I am thinking of doing is using "its too soon" {lorelai 7.22} as the main quote {in the middle} and put other quotes around it a bit smaller. I want to get quotes from all the seasons and all the main characters. I am also going to write a letter and sign everyones name that sends me quotes. so far I only have 5 names...I know we can do better then that!!*

Why don't you use the quotes/episode title adjutments we came up with for letters, sigs and avis a while ago? Smiley

1. Will you be our Lorelai Gilmores for one more season?

2. We've been Gilmored!

3. Bring on a Season 8 - In omnia paratus! (ready for anything)

4. Season 8 is Written in the Stars

5. Oy with the poodles already and sign on for a Season 8!

6. Once the Gilmore Girls are in your life, they're in your life forever!

7. Love, Daisies, and Season 8

8. We are kayaks, hear us roar! Season 8!

9. We don't want to say goodbye to Daisy Miller

10. We got magic to do…. Save the Girls!

11. They Save Gilmores, Don´t They? Save the Gilmore Girls

12. Gilmore State of Mind

13. The Prodigal Show Returns

14. P.s. I lo… Gilmore Girls

15. Back in the Saddle Again – Season 8

16. The Reigning Lorelai – You can make it happen

17. Say Something – Save Gilmore Girls

18. I Get A Sidekick Out of Gilmore Girls

19. 7 Is The Loneliest Number - Bring us a season 8

20. Merry Fisticuffs - Happy to fight for season 8

21. Partings - Don't make us part with GG

22. Last Week Fights, This Week Season 8

23. Love and War and GG season 8

24. Copperboom and get us that season 8 already!

I know they aren't all quotes but still. Smiley You don't have to if you don't want to though, just an idea. Wink

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5874 on: June 05, 2007, 10:48:03 am »

Is there any way to get a handy dandy link to the advertisers emails again? (ooh, where's that embarassed emoticon?)

Job well done for those keeping the faith! And, I completely missed the Crispix thing...

Sure Smiley  ... Here's the link http://root.pcmasters.at/upload/files/9907391-List%20of%20Advertisers.doc  ... I hope you meant this list!

Also thanks for sharing all the mails you received form the different advertisers. You're right Rob, some of them may seem standard-ish, but still, they aren't ignoring the mails and I am sure if all of them read the words Gilmore girls often enough, they'll stay in there heads *lol*

It's great that things are looking up for Jericho ... it's also encouraging for our campaign!!

You're right Chloie! Those quotes & sentences would be absolutely perfect for the poster, what do you think nevaeh11084?

Great to see that we still lead all the three gilmore-related questions on AOL-poll .. I think we can keep up that great work for the next days until it closes Wink ... On AOL there's also a poll about how you liked the seasons/series finale: http://tvshows.aol.com/show/gilmore-girls/SH3851900000/main (I think you can only vote there, though)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 10:53:40 am by divine » Logged

MonicaKeller
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5875 on: June 05, 2007, 11:06:59 am »

I recently wrote letters to Alexis, Lauren, and Amy. Hopefully, they read them.

britni
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #5876 on: June 05, 2007, 11:30:04 am »

This is just a sugesrtion, and I believe it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but why don't we write letters and send dasies to CBS as well. I mead doesn't CBS own half of the CW, if so then they definately have a say in what going on. And since the respoded to jericho, maybe they'll respond to us.

If you want closure to Gilmore Girls story, either by movie or a season 8 be sure to sign the petition at:
www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate

Also be sure to visit www.savethelorelais.org
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #5877 on: June 05, 2007, 12:16:51 pm »

This is just a sugesrtion, and I believe it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but why don't we write letters and send dasies to CBS as well. I mead doesn't CBS own half of the CW, if so then they definately have a say in what going on. And since the respoded to jericho, maybe they'll respond to us.

It's an interesting possibility, but the person up the food chain that influences both networks, Les Moonves, president of CBS Paramount, is waaaaay too far up the food chain.  The person at CBS who's most responsible for the extension talks for Jericho is its President Nina Tassler, who's that network's equivalent of Dawn Ostroff.

-- Rob

-----------------------
Season 8:  Because Lorelai would watch "The Electric Grandmother" and think, "Hmmmmm, the father in that looks sooooOOOOoooo familiar.  I don't know quite know where to place him . . . but his voice is smooth, so reassuring . . . I *must* have met him at some point."
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 12:20:04 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5878 on: June 05, 2007, 12:20:53 pm »

This afternoon, instead of being studying as I should have been, I've recorded a couple of covers from the songs that have been played on the show.
Both of them are songs by Sam Phillips, one if If I could write and the other one Reflecting Light.
I'm not sure if the sound quality is good or what, but maybe someone has an idea about it and we can make videos with cds or dvds by us saying something like that we want season 8 or just don't know, doing anything related to the show.

So if anyone would like to listen to both songs (played on guitar by me), you can download them in here:

http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=FK44SCW0  For Reflecting Light

http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=N41QSYQW For If I could Write

Note: English is my third language, so sorry if there are pronunciation mistakes.
Hope someone likes them, I would appreciate if something, like another project for Season 8 mandate, comes from here!

Leire

the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #5879 on: June 05, 2007, 12:32:16 pm »

I post and lurk on the ABC.com Grey's Anatomy message board and I came across what Veronica Mars fans are doing to get the CW's attention:

We did it! In less than three weeks “Veronica Mars” fans have raised $1,610 for an ad to be placed in the Hollywood Reporter. Every TV producer, film maker and Hollywood bigwig will see it, along with all network executives. The CW has not canceled us yet, and we’re letting them know how far we’ll go if they don’t pick us up for mid-season (their new series has already pretty much bombed, pulling in less than 2 million viewers for it’s much-hyped premier). Last year we hired a frakkin airplane to fly over The CW building with a RENEW VERONICA MARS 2006 sign flying behind it. We’re nuts. The CW will burn if we don’t return!

http://forums.go.com/abc/primetime/greysanatomy/thread?threadID=1718097&forumStart=0

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: