The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 08:39:49 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1765745 times)
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

View Profile
« Reply #5820 on: June 02, 2007, 08:15:52 pm »

I'm kinda out of the loop here, but is it always full like this, or do you think there has been more GG traffic there? [if that kinda makes sense..]

Well of course, we like to take credit! Wink

Logically speaking, it probably is us, wouldn't you say, Rob?  I mean, I don't know that people just go around on the CW website searching for numbers to call -- most people don't think to do that.  And Gilmore Girls is a hot topic surrounding the CW right now, so I'd have to say it's us, at least 75% of it.  Smiley

We've filled it up about ... I don't know what would you all say ... at least a dozen times in the past two weeks?  We've been hitting Paul MacGuire's line, too. Smiley

And thanks again to Cathycoffee to volunteering to call -- I'm sorry I couldn't do it.

Okay, it's back to lots of homework.

"Behold in theaters now: 'The Thing That Reads A Lot.'"

Night all.

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #5821 on: June 02, 2007, 10:05:01 pm »

And thanks again to Cathycoffee to volunteering to call -- I'm sorry I couldn't do it.

No problem!
I haven't been doing my part lately, so I'm glad to pitch it wherever.

love is blind so you didn't see me.
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5822 on: June 02, 2007, 10:29:48 pm »

I'm kinda out of the loop here, but is it always full like this, or do you think there has been more GG traffic there? [if that kinda makes sense..]

Well of course, we like to take credit! Wink

Logically speaking, it probably is us, wouldn't you say, Rob?  I mean, I don't know that people just go around on the CW website searching for numbers to call -- most people don't think to do that.  And Gilmore Girls is a hot topic surrounding the CW right now, so I'd have to say it's us, at least 75% of it.  Smiley

I'd have to say that we've got to be about 75% of it -- there have been a couple of days where it's not been full in the middle of the night (I'm an insomniac, remember).  If Veronica Mars's audience were any sort of big to begin with, I would think that we'd never be able to get through after 2:30pm ET, so I really do think that it's mostly Gg fans with a smattering of VM fans.  Let's keep calling -- everybody, once per day.  Especially those of you with great cell phone plans.

All the more reason to keep calling -- but keep in mind, once the voicemail box is filled on Fridays, it's filled for the weekend because they go home.  (NO!  Really?   Tongue  )  Thus the need to go to other voicemail boxes.

We've filled it up about ... I don't know what would you all say ... at least a dozen times in the past two weeks?  We've been hitting Paul MacGuire's line, too. Smiley 

Since he's Publicity/Media Relations, be sure to tell him that Kellogg's representative has contacted us and told us that they're "disappointed" (use the quote-unquote to signal that it's a specific quote) with the cancellation of the series.

Okay, it's back to lots of homework.

"Behold in theaters now: 'The Thing That Reads A Lot.'"

Night all.

But I just got back from the theater . . . five hours ago!  Wink

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because while she may be "The Reigning Lorelai," she's not quite "The Reigning Gilmore" . . . yet.  (Although "Friday Night's Alright For Fighting" may have made that point somewhat debatable.)
1giantGGfan
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 257

Hen+Chicken=4ever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5823 on: June 02, 2007, 11:42:50 pm »

Oh gotcha. Isn't VM coming back next year? Why would they people calling?

Also, recently, I've seen many more people mentioning contacting Amy; that's related to her comment on wanting to make the 2 hour TV movie, right?
Have we totally nixed contacting Dave?

Kelloggs is really "disappointed"? I know that he's working with publicity/Media Relations, but wouldn't it work more to our advantage if advertising heard that? [or am I missing the point of Publicity/Media Relations?]

Oh! This is so informative! I can't wait to get back into the Mandate again; I sort of started to neglect it a little as the school year ended. But now that I've been off for over a week, I'll get back to work with any new projects!

Also, Heather, I went back and looked; those posters look fabulous! Seriously.

Angela

^Thnx Melissa!
Just say, "Yes M.A.M.M"
Always a PTS @ Hearts 
I Hearts Rachel, my TJS!
Currently Located: In Janich's Dreams! Kiss (1 lucky girl!)
Marlies' biggest photo fan!
Junkie
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

We NEED season 8! Keep on fighting! ;-)

View Profile
« Reply #5824 on: June 03, 2007, 05:41:17 am »

Also, recently, I've seen many more people mentioning contacting Amy; that's related to her comment on wanting to make the 2 hour TV movie, right?
Yes it's kind of related to it, but most of the GG fans wish to see season 8 instead of a 2 hour movie, so they probably try to talk her into doing one more season. Actually, there are those who only support the movie and those who either support season 8 or both. We believe that Amy could be the one to bring the whole cast back together as she's the mother of the series.

neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5825 on: June 03, 2007, 09:40:20 am »

Did the banners get mailed out, or not til  Monday?

By Kellogg's, do you mean the cereal? If so, I can concentrate a really great letter to them!  Wink

I wonder if VM fans are organizing anything like this...

Did Heidi ever get a thank you/response from the giant daisy bouquets? If not, that's so rude, and I'm definitely glad I didn't waste the love&money on a quilt for any of them... Undecided

(Sorry so random; this is how my brain is "working" today...)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 09:41:59 am by neverapuff » Logged

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #5826 on: June 03, 2007, 09:46:29 am »

Hmmmm... good question.  I had been kind of wondering about that, too.   Anyone want to weigh in?

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #5827 on: June 03, 2007, 10:44:02 am »

Hmmmm... good question.  I had been kind of wondering about that, too.   Anyone want to weigh in?

Well I don't know if everyone has stopped contacting him but I don't really see the point even if people were still trying to contact him. We know he wanted to do another season, he was all up for it and like the rest of us, he truely thought it was going to happen so what would be the point in mailing him? It's Amy we still gotta try to convince. She's not even sure she wants to do a movie let alone a whole other season of GG so I think we gotta keep our attention focused on Amy, Alexis, Lauren and the network. Everyone else is totally on board.

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5828 on: June 03, 2007, 10:49:22 am »

As for the website, I have someone who could do that - starting immediately ...

That would be amazing! Having a website with basic information about the G8M and instructions on what to do is, in my opinion, the best way to get more people to participate.
As much as I love this thread it is sort of confusing and it's hard to keep track of new (and old) projects. A website would be much easier, more concise and would catch more attention!

As I said recently, this is something I've already started working on.  I hope to have something to show soon, but I want to make sure it's done right. Smiley

~Heidi

Ok thanks - forget my PM with the question then  Grin

Do you think, it would be possible to have more languages on this website? So you can choose (at the beginning as an intro, or later), which language you speak. Cause I think that way we could even reach more people.
As I can not help with some projects e.g. writing to advertisers, since I am living in Europe, I would love to (help) translate the website to German language.
So, that's enough bothering you about the website, cause you've already done so much  Smiley

@neverapuff: thanks for offering! Yes, we're talking about the cereal. 
I don't think Heidi already got a response  Undecided cause I am sure she would have told us about it!

I just recognized, that the link for the Advertisers list doesn't work anymore. So I uploaded the file again. Here's the link http://root.pcmasters.at/upload/files/9907391-List%20of%20Advertisers.doc (Rob, maybe you can change the link in your welcome post ...thanks!!!  Wink)

Junkie
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

We NEED season 8! Keep on fighting! ;-)

View Profile
« Reply #5829 on: June 03, 2007, 11:07:12 am »

Like divine, I live in Europe and unfortunately I can't to do as much as people in the USA... so if there's anything I can do, please tell me! I live in Austria but my mother tongue is hungarian, so if you want to translate the homepage as divine suggested, I'd love to help, too! Of course I've sent e-mails and I probably will also send some letters to Amy, Lauren and Alexis soon but I'd like to do more!  Smiley

ETA: I forgot to add that I contacted Austrian and German youth magazines. (I told them about the G8M) Some seemed to be interested but actually they didn't do anything...  Sad  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 11:50:42 am by Junkie » Logged

ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5830 on: June 03, 2007, 11:30:44 am »

Laaaaadeeeeezzzzz an' Gennnnnulllmen -- and all you other Gilmore Geeks out there, it's time for another installment of . . .

Operation:  Daisy Duke!

Version 2.12 -- "Life, the Universe and Gilmore Girls"

MISSION STATEMENT:  Our overall goal with ODD is to send real daisies to everyone who could possibly be needed to get everyone back to the negotiating table in order to urge them to work one last time to revoke the cancellation of Gilmore Girls.

TODAY’S GOALS for “Operation: Daisy Duke” are:

A) To ask viewers everywhere to send daisies on their own to Dawn Ostroff, Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, Amy Sherman-Palladino and/or Peter Roth (President of Warner Television) at their office addresses. 

B) To max out The CW's viewer comment line by no later than 8pm ET / 5pm PT M-F.  Call 1-818-977-6878 as early as you can in the day, to lodge your complaint about the changes to The CW's fall schedule, about the cancellation of Gilmore Girls and the opportunity that shouldn't be missed to revive Gilmore Girls now that American Idol has broken itself by voting the real winner off in third place.  Although the goal is to max out the comment line, please do NOT call the line yourself more than once per day. [/u](Note:  I said once *per day,* not "once, period."  Wink ) Please get more and more people to call the comment line yourself.  The more people calling the better, the more repeat callers, the worse.  Feel free to mention where you're from, what CW station you watch, your age, how you feel about whatever happens to Veronica Mars and also about the terrible replacement for Gg in the 8pm Tuesday timeslot (HINT:  It's Beauty and the Geek, which is nothing more than the network conceding the timeslot to Fox.), etc.

C) To gently remind The CW and Lauren and Alexis that we think that virtually all of the show's complex storylines require one more season to be resolved.

D) To cheerfully and without malice and/or ill-will ignore Alexis's interview recent interviews with TV Guide, Entertainment Weekly and People and not get dispirited by themt.  Minds can change -- minds that are 100% made up can be changed to be 100% in the opposite direction.

Without further adieu, I present to you “Operation: Daisy Duke.”

1)  Why "Operation:  Daisy Duke"?  Because it just wouldn't be a Save Gilmore Girls campaign without a bizarro pop culture reference coming from left field.  The show has made some very amusing equations between Lorelai and the hottest Dukes cousin, including having Lorelai drive a jeep (just like Daisy did), having Lorelai wear Daisy Dukes to her meeting with Headmaster Charleston on Rory's first day at Chilton, because Stars Hollow is the set where Hazzard County used to exist and because the exterior of Lorelai's house is the exterior of Uncle Jesse's house.  And because the many ironies inherent in the show's premise strongly suggest that we'll have better luck than Max did with his daisies.

2) Besides the obvious reference to the episode "Love, Daisies and Troubadours," why daisies?  Because nationwide flower delivery is faster than snail mail at this point (ie: next-day delivery) and it's our "tobasco sauce" campaign without a chance of frightening the network in these post 9-11 days.

3) Yes, the series season finale has aired and exit interviews with certain actors have been posted at reliable websites, but it's time to triple our resolve, not to give in! It's time to set up some infrastructure and dive into some serious save-the-show projects.  Lauren's exit interview with Michael Ausiello at TV Guide does NOT mean that all is lost -- she was taken aback by the abrupt cancellation of the series (no matter how much she tries to spin it) and moreover, nobody looks forward to auditions (as she mentioned to Ausiello that she's having to start doing), so Lauren even noting it is a cry for help.  Furthermore, Scott Patterson said in no uncertain terms in his exist interview with Ausiello that he is not happy with the way that the show ended.  MOREOVER, Kelly Bishop and Liza Weil both voiced their unhappiness with the abruptness of the show ending in a Washiington Post article posted on Tuesday, May 15th at
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/14/AR2007051401693.html (free and fast registration may be required.)  Encouragingly, Farscape got its four-hour miniseries LONG after the show was cancelled.  Firefly's "Serenity" epilogue was greenlit LONG after that show was cancelled -- and that became a theatrical movie.  Also, Amy Sherman-Palladino voiced interest in a 2-hour Gilmore Girls movie to Michael Ausiello at the recent Upfronts for Fox (where her new series is).  Not saying that Gg would go to the big screen, but the perseverance -- the hard work -- of these show's fandoms BEYOND their shows' so-called endings resulted in proper endings for those shows.  The sooner we voice our opinions, the sooner any sort of revival of the show gets made.

4)  Please send your daisies through your local florist.  There are many sources from your local florist to the internet through which you can send daisies to Ms. Ostroff.  Three of the biggest online alternatives include Teleflora, FTD.com and, 1-800-flowers.com, all of which operate national delivery services through local florists anyway.  Many of the online florists only promote $40 vase arrangements of daisies, which may be beyond a Gg fan's budget, but you can probably ask them to send a much cheaper bouquet of a dozen daisies if you ask them (Can't blame them for promoting the more expensive stuff).  A dozen daisies would likely come in a typical cellophane wrap if they're bought by the stem.  Order the daisies in the way that is best for you. 

5) Send yellow daisies ONLY because that's the color of Lorelai. 

6) Send your daisies to any or all of the following address: 

Ms. Dawn Ostroff, President of Entertainment
The CW Television Network
4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg 168
Burbank, CA 91522-0002

AND to at least Lauren and/or Alexis (especially Alexis) at the addresses of their management teams at:

Amy Sherman-Palladino
c/o Creative Artists Agency
2000 Avenue of the Stars
Los Angeles, CA 90067

Lauren Graham
c/o John Carrabino Management
100 North Crescent Dr.
G-400
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Alexis Bledel
c/o Flutie Entertainment
6500 Wilshire Blvd
Suite 2240
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Email:  Michael Flutie: [email protected]
Email:  Paul M. Brown:  [email protected]

Peter Roth
President, Warner Brothers Television
300 Television Plaza
Burbank, CA 91505
NEW! -- PH:  1-818-954-6000

You can, of course, send small message cards with your bouquet.  The rule is this:  BE POLITE AND POSITIVE.  Do NOT write anything like "I hate you because you cancelled Gilmore Girls!" or "I'm sad that you cancelled Gimore Girls" or "I won't watch The CW ever again unless you uncancel Gilmore Girls."  I totally understand, respect and even share those feelings, but, after all, it's not something that Lorelai or Rory would do in this situation.  Instead, write something like "Please renew Gilmore Girls!" or "Please uncancel Gilmore Girls" and sign it with at least your name and address so that they know how far Gg's fanbase has spread throughout the country and the world.

7) DEADLINE: EVERYDAY is the official deadline. Any day that Daisies or letters or voicemails or email arrive ESPECIALLY because the Fall Schedule was announced at the Upfronts WILL still help!  They need the input about what you think about the fall schedule (and don't say, "It sucks because Gilmore Girls is not on it.")

Cool  There is no 8 yet.  That’s the whole point.   

9) Please post to this thread when you've sent a bouquet.  Even one hundred bouquets of just a dozen daisies sent to Ms. Ostroff will surpass the 1000 mark of daisies mentioned by Lorelai and increased by a factor of, oh, ten by Max at the end of LD&T and I am sure that we'll send a lot more than that.

10)  Please spread the word of "Operation:  Daisy Duke" around to other MBs and forums that have enthusiastic Gilmore supporters.  Some of the obvious boards are FanForum, the cwtv.com lounge, etc.  We don't want to annoy people, especially since there are people who post to multiple MBs.  But still, let us know which MBs it gets posted to and provide a link to this thread or to the Great 8 Mandate thread.  If you so desire, please copy this entire post to that forum.

11)  If you can't afford to send real daisies, then we have an alternative with the aid of Snail Mail:  Find a picture of a daisy, print and cut out lots of copies of them, send a dozen or two of them with your snail mail letter to the various contact addresses (Remember to BE POLITE).  And when I mean cut out a lot of copies of them, cut out individual squares or rectangles of the pictures, whatever shape the picture is -- cutting out the outline of the daisy over and over again would, of course, be Paris-level insane.  Enclose them in the letter when you fold it so that when the person has to open the letter, the paper daisies *have* to fall out.  One creative thing to put in the mix -- maybe sub out one of the daisies and insert a Great8 Mandate logo instead.

Let's spread the word!  "Operation:  Daisy Duke" continues!

-- Rob

---------------------------
Season 8:  Because Lorelai would look at the movie "Knocked Up" and say, "Katherine Heigl sooooooo obviously had a no-nudity clause in her contract.  Usually actresses hide behind strategically but unrealistically placed sheets and pillows, but I've never seen so many different bras outside of my closet and Victoria's Secret before!"
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 11:34:26 am by ShutUpRob » Logged
smallactor5
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #5831 on: June 03, 2007, 12:25:52 pm »

Hey, guys, just wanted to let you know that AOL is having a poll on the best and worst of the season.  So far, GG is featured in three categories, and winning them all: Hottest TV mom, Couple you loved to love (Luke and Loralei), and drumroll please...Cancelled show you'll miss the most (44% of votes, with "Jericho" in second with 35%). 
I don't think this does anything, just sharing the latest news.
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #5832 on: June 03, 2007, 12:44:32 pm »

haha!
And "Search for the Next Pussycat Doll" is leading the poll for Worst New Show.  *snort*

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5833 on: June 03, 2007, 12:51:32 pm »

Thanks for the information!!!

I think we should keep track of all the polls that feature Gilmore girls and that we vote on Smiley

Here's the link for anyone who's interested in voting (which I assume, are many of you Winkhttp://television.aol.com/feature/tv-season-end-best-worst-poll

I just came across the question "Strongest network?" ... guess what percentage The CW  got? 5% *lol*
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 12:55:55 pm by divine » Logged

go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #5834 on: June 03, 2007, 01:23:42 pm »

Thats excellent that GG is winning in 3 catagories!! That makes me reallly happy even if it probably won't do anything but give us pride to win. Weird, it says VM is the most missed cancelled show but when I go to the voting section, GG is winning...in fact, VM is last on the list! Grin

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: