The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 12:54:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 384 385 [386] 387 388 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1730772 times)
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

View Profile
« Reply #5775 on: June 01, 2007, 10:53:27 pm »

I just wanted to say that I just reviewed the series season finale and I made a list of every ad. I will write to every company this weekend to thank them for their support of the show.
Any other ideas of what I can say to them?

Also, what about doing something like posting for support on Craig's List or something? I know it sounds crazy, but look at the publicity people get putting wacky things on Ebay! Remember the wedding dress guy? He did the whole talk show circuit! It could get some attention on the Mandate. Dumb idea?

I'm not familiar with Craig's List, but whatever it is, it sounds like a good plan.  Would you be willing to hop on that bandwagon and get that started?  I'd volunteer but I'm surrounded by hundreds of media packets to send out and banners and ribbon and glue and stamps and ... well, you get the picture.  Smiley  But if you can't or if you can but need any info from us, let us know.  It sounds like a fantastic idea to me!

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
somechick03862
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #5776 on: June 01, 2007, 10:55:03 pm »

Heather,
Your stuff looks amazing!!! You must be one busy girl! I don't know if I have any money in my Paypal account, but I could mail you a few dollars. I know it won't help with this mailing, but it could reimburse you, or help with the next batch you send out.
Billie
Town Resident

Community Points: 39

It definitely has to be Luke!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5777 on: June 01, 2007, 11:07:31 pm »

Wow! Heather, those look beautiful *prettystick*, I'm amazed what different talents people of this board have...

Thanks a lot for all you work and for keeping the spirit up! My main feelings are more s(m)ad than encouraged (yours and Rob's postings always waken me up a little), but I'm willing to help where it's possible. So, some more stamp money is on it's way... (Different email-address, though)

Regards from Vienna,
Billie

somechick03862
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5778 on: June 01, 2007, 11:09:02 pm »

I also found that there are a lot of free web page sites. You can host your own page for free, some have banner ads, some don't. I don't know what you want for information, but I can post a few links and see if this helps the Mandate start a webpage.

http://geocities.yahoo.com/

https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogin?service=pages&continue=http%3A%2F%2Fpages.google.com%2F&ltmpl=yessignups

http://members.freewebs.com/

http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Web_Space/

Maybe we can figure this out after all!
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #5779 on: June 01, 2007, 11:10:16 pm »

Heather,
Your stuff looks amazing!!! You must be one busy girl! I don't know if I have any money in my Paypal account, but I could mail you a few dollars. I know it won't help with this mailing, but it could reimburse you, or help with the next batch you send out.

Aww, thanks so much!  I got your PayPal confirmation just minutes ago.  I really appreciate it!
Heather,

You can if you like -- or you can wait 'til you have more in your PayPal.  It'd be hard to mail cash, of course (and unsafe) but you could mail a check or money order if you liked.  Whatever works for you.  I appreciate anything! Smiley

Funny story ... I just figured out the pretty stick thing a few minutes ago.  I mean, I get the GG reference, but I just now figured out that was how community points worked ... LOL.  Been posting here for three weeks ...

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #5780 on: June 01, 2007, 11:12:16 pm »

I also found that there are a lot of free web page sites. You can host your own page for free, some have banner ads, some don't. I don't know what you want for information, but I can post a few links and see if this helps the Mandate start a webpage.

http://geocities.yahoo.com/

https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogin?service=pages&continue=http%3A%2F%2Fpages.google.com%2F&ltmpl=yessignups

http://members.freewebs.com/

http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Web_Space/

Maybe we can figure this out after all!

Yea, these are all good sites to start a free, small webpage.  I know HTML, so I could start up something (nice, but not horribly extravagant), but probably not for a couple weeks.  If we can wait on it, I can do it.  If not ... I echo Rob's calls -- anyone got a tech saavy brother (or is just webpage saavy themselves)?  I do, but he's not out of school 'til the third week of June, so that's when he'd have free time and we could work on it together.  However, if there's someone here that is interested in getting this going, I say goooooo for it! Cheesy

ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5781 on: June 01, 2007, 11:14:57 pm »

Also, what about doing something like posting for support on Craig's List or something? I know it sounds crazy, but look at the publicity people get putting wacky things on Ebay! Remember the wedding dress guy? He did the whole talk show circuit! It could get some attention on the Mandate. Dumb idea?

Craig's List sounds like a great idea.  Sounds to me like you could post the publicity packet or at least the press release and Mandate website info there.

-- Rob

------------------------
Season 8:  Because Grant Lee Phillips and Sam Phillips have the same last name.
somechick03862
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5782 on: June 01, 2007, 11:15:02 pm »

Also just found gilmoregirlsnews.com
They have a poll up as to whether it will return and the choices are:
Poll
Will Gilmore Girls return?
Yes, we fans will make it happen! 1208 51% of all votes
Yes, maybe in a few years for a reunion or movie 492 21% of all votes
No, everything is laid to rest 435 18% of all votes
No, once done it should be done 231 10% of all votes
Total Votes: 2366

Started: May 9, 2007
So don't give up hope!!!!!
asense0fhope
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 0

WE WONT GIVE IN TIL WE SEE A WEDDING!

View Profile
« Reply #5783 on: June 02, 2007, 12:13:15 am »

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to update you on the status of shipping everything.

I have been up since about 7:30 a.m. ET (and it's now 1:15 a.m. ET) working on the stuff all day long.  Most of it's taken a lot longer than I anticipated.  The shipping store I usually get my stuff at didn't have enough poster tubes, the post office I usually go to to mail was closed earlier than I thought it was, etc.  However, we're still well on our way -- unfortunately nothing made it to the mailboxes today, but I'm anticipating that tomorrow, I'll be mailing out the banners and the majority of the letters.  Remember -- the Dawn banner will go out Monday sometime, unless someone is generous and donates to cover the cost to have Kinkos print it.  Otherwise ... gotta wait. Undecided  I'm sorry I don't have the money to cover it myself, or I'd do it ...

Next are just a few pictures of the stuff I got done today ...

First, the banner for Lauren/Alexis rolled out.  It's about 3 feet long, and about 12.5 inches tall.  It's not super huge, but it's still big.  She's going to need space to roll it out and see what it says ...

Second, this is the banner rolled up and packaged -- it's wrapped in sparkley pink and white organdy ribbon, with silver curling ribbon interlaced with it ... on the end of one of the pieces of silver ribbons is a tag.

Third is a close up of the tag ...

Fourth is the outside of the mailing tube ...

Last is the letter that I enclosed with it.  It is very similar to the Press Release letters -- you'll notice the letterhead is the same as the banner -- all the fans names are on this, too!

Amy's and Alexis' packages all look the same.  Dawn's will, too.  Smiley

The tubes are also covered in yellow daisy stickers -- little ones, big ones, glittery ones, anything I could find!  The cost of the stickers, the cost of the paper, $5 of shipping, the cost of two of the poster tubes and the ribbon all came out of my pocket.  (I don't want you guys to think I'm not donating anything.)

We look to be pretty set for shipping, at least at the moment, however we do still need stamp money.  I've got three books so far of stamps, but we're going to need one more. 

Anyhow, three posters are set to go out tomorrow.  So far, I have 40 media packets completely done.  I hope to have 60 done and mailed by the time our postman comes at about 2:30 p.m. tomorrow.  I hope to mail out another 20 on Monday with Dawn's poster.

Thanks for everything guys -- every dollar helps if you've got one to spare!

--Heather

you are quite the talented one! It looks fantastic!

OY WITH THE POODLES ALREADY!
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5784 on: June 02, 2007, 01:29:21 am »

Heather, all the work you have done and the banners, letters, etc. - it's just amazing!! I really love the banner and just this one sentence says so much - I love it!
 Unfortunately, I can't donate any money again but as soon as I can, I'll send it for our current project then.

About the whole movie-season-encourage-etc thing Wink 
While reading most of the posts yesterday, I also had the feeling that some king of dividing comes up - I hope it doesn't happen! I would love to have another season (well, that's the reason I am in this thread half of the day *lol*), but if that just can't happen then we should get a movie at least. Working for these things under the synonym "great8mandate" will definitely help since - like some of you already mentioned - this name is out there, it's known.
But I don't think that people here are sounding negative or something - I think it's how almost everyone is feeling every now and then. I myself struggle all the time, "how do I feel now?", "Can it happen?", "Do I still want it to happen?" ... Of course, annoucing the cancelling was dispiriting (sp?), I also recognized that there has been a decrease in the number of posters & visitors on this thread - compared to March, when I joined but on the other hand there are still so many people who fight so hard and believe so much in season 8 and that gives me hope.
The point of what I just said is - well, none .. cause I don't even now it. I have all these mixed feelings, but they keep changing continuously; like a rollercoaster.

Whatever feeling I have, I will continue my support for Great8Mandate, cause I love Gilmore girls to much to just let it go.
Of course, it would be nice to get at *anything* back from the CW or Lauren, Alexis - since all of them have been our 'targets' since the beginning of G8M but there still can be something, so we can still push for something.

As for the website, I have someone who could do that - starting immediately ... I just have to check back, but I'll get back to you about that day.

KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5785 on: June 02, 2007, 03:25:26 am »

Hi all!
I just wanted to give the thanks to Heather for all the work she's done with the banners and the rest of the stuff. It looks pretty amazing,so thank you for all your efforts. Prettystick for you!
I want to send money through Paypal too, but I don't know what's wrong with my account that it doesn't allow me. I'm going to try and figure it out why.

So I have been a little off the board for a while (I just started my exams) so I want to know what we are doing now, and what needs help. If anyone could PM me with that I would be really glad.

Keep up the great job everyone. I'm sure we can get something after all the efforts we are putting on this. Season 8 short long, 2 hour movie, anything to have our girls back.

Leire

Mona
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #5786 on: June 02, 2007, 04:21:44 am »

Shocked Your work looks great, Heather!!!! Thank you so much for doing it! 

Great job!!  Smiley
Mak
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #5787 on: June 02, 2007, 04:55:06 am »

Great job Heather, really amazing!
Zeppy
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #5788 on: June 02, 2007, 04:57:48 am »

This morning (yes, I live in Italy and now it's noon... Uhm, almost 2PM) I was (trying to) studying, but I couldn't really focus because a few thoughts I had: first of all, does anyone remember Lauren's last summer interview? Well, I don't know if it was summer, I read about it (here in Italy) in June, so I suppose it had been taken at the end of season 6. Anyway, Lauren said she would have done just one more season, then stop.
Ok, now, that was supposed to happen sooner or later, and when I heard about the goodbye at the end of season 7 (during the season itself) I thought: well, here we are, the end, and I probably know why. Then (later) it came out that it wasn't just Lauren, but even Alexis who wanted to give up. The time went on, rumors & co came out, and the whole story (that you all know) developed. And it even came out that Lauren now seemed to change her mind.

By now we know that:
- all the actors but Lauren and Alexis signed for another season
- CW wanted another season (even if shorter)
- Lauren seems ok with another (shorter) season under certain conditions
- Alexis seems not to want to continue (or, at least, not with her character)
- Lauren and Alexis take decisions "together" (in a way that if one of the two doesn't want to be back, the other doesn't want to either)
- ASP wants a proper ending, suggesting a 2 hours movie
So, here I thought: why not to try (among the other things) to convince first of all ASP to write the final season (and I think she would be interested for many reasons, among these the will to use the 4 famous final words and the will to be back to HER show), and second of all to convince Lauren to shoot n (8? 13? one milion?) new episodes almost without Alexis. And with this I mean: Alexis could be back as guest star (as already suggested) very few times, in short scenes, while at her (Rory's) job as a journalist where she could even interpret a more adult character (isn't this what she wants? Or did I take her wrong?).
Ok, this wouldn't be a proper Gilmore Girls season (even if the girls are not just Lorelai and Rory), and I'd really really like to see Rory with her life and job, but at least we could have a proper ending for every story still open.
So, the point is: if we really want season 8, IMO we should try to focus on what we have (all the actors ok with the season) and not to try to get back who doesn't really want to come back (Alexis), beacause this would be much more difficult.
Well, this is my opinion, and I just wanted to share it with you. =)

P.S.
Oh, well, almost forgot: Heather, incredible job! ^^
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5789 on: June 02, 2007, 06:53:03 am »

Heather- Wonderful job, those are GORGEOUS! You are a Graphics major, right? You have certainly found your calling... I wish I could give you at least 4 prettysticks right now, but the 1 will have to do! Did you get my money? Put it towards whatever the cause needs.... 
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 06:54:36 am by neverapuff » Logged

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
Pages: 1 ... 384 385 [386] 387 388 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: