The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2017, 07:59:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1762411 times)
amanda elise20
Town Resident

Community Points: 5

Oy with the poodles already.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5745 on: June 01, 2007, 01:37:35 pm »

Hmm . . . a show based on Parent-Child relationships "ends" with the storyline of a school commencement rather than with something more primally, directly about parent-child relationships -- such as, oh, "what has Rory learned about parenting from Lorelai and how can we not see that until she's put to the test of being a parent herself in some way?" 

-- Rob

Come on, Rory was about COLLEGE and JOURNALISM since day one. And what's with the parenting stuff for Rory? she's 22 damn it.

I'm 21 and my parents are still deeply involved in my life.  I think that is the challenge of a parent-child relationship -- going from child, to teenager, to young-adult to adult.  I think all of us here would be interested to see how those things pan out -- how has what she's learned from Lorelai going to penetrate into her real life?

And please, try and keep it to a positive.  If you don't like our thread, that's cool, but please don't bring us down. Smiley

Thanks.

i totally agree... my mom joked around about moving away from me and i about had a fit... i'm 21 and a very newlywed and both me and my husband are very close to each of our parents... so i'd love to see how ASP shows that displayed through Rory...

About Heidi and everyone else moving on the mandating for the movie... i agree... I wanted ASP to maybe come back and join in for a season 8 in maybe like a year but there hasn't been any news to give us hope... yes sometimes no news is good news but i dont think thats the case here... i think no news might just be the gilmore people just waiting for us to die down, when they aren't really planning anything...

i'm going to continue writing letters and mandating... and for those of you who also still want to... KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

----Java Junkie---Headliner---Foodie----
*amanda elise*

*F*A*I*T*H*

sig made by sooks... thanks!
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #5746 on: June 01, 2007, 01:45:08 pm »

Just came across Alexis MYspace page... check it out!!  maybe we can flood it with messages?Huh

http://www.myspace.com/bledel_alexis 

love
apoblana

Sorry to say, but do you really think that Aleixs would have a myspace? She is probably way to busy for it. I think that this is just another poser.

I don´t think so. I think we still should fight for season 8 (9,10,11,12...) Grin because if we give up once, the CW will maybe never shoot a new season anymore. I DON`T WANT A MOVIE!!!
Now it´s the time we should be stubborn and should do everything for more seasons!!!
If we stop now, we maybe never get a new season. And at least all actors beside Alexis want to come back!!!!! AND I PERSONALLY DON`T NEED ALEXIS!!! IF SHE DON´T WANT TO COME BACK, FINE!!! BUT THAT´S NOT A REASON TO CANCEL THIS GREAT SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WILL FIGHT FOR YEARS TO GET MORE SEASONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems to me like you aren't really cooperating with this whole thing.... Did you even pay attention to what we have been saying, and have you been reading the interviews? It was not all Alexis's fault for the show being cancelled....it was mainly the CW. I mean...yeah, Alexis didn't want to do it, but she didn't make the whole decision. Lauren was leaning towards an 8th season, but she said that if Alexis doesn't want to do it then Lauren is going to stick by her.... Second of all, more than one season will be too much. We are fighting for a season 8 because we feel that at least a shortened season will put everything in place. IF there is more seasons, they will have to think of like a brand new storyline to fit in there which would ruin the show. Now the movie idea may actually be good if we don't get another season because at least we are seeing what happened after...If that is what AS-P wants, then I would just accept it if I were you. She's not going to write another season, but she is willing to do a movie which, if you ask me, is better than nothing

Oh, and that's really cool that :auren is #6 of today's top searches on yahoo![/color].

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
somechick03862
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #5747 on: June 01, 2007, 01:47:18 pm »

I have only posted one other post, I am somewhat of a lurker. I have just not had the time lately to keep up and write a thoughtful post. I still don't, so please forgive me for this post, which will not be as well thought out as I wanted. I just felt that if I didn't post now, I wouldn't say what I wanted to say...

SO, I love the idea of a movie as much as anyone, because if I can't have more regular season episodes, it's better than nothing. However, I was an Angel fan and when the silly WB cancelled Angel to bring us shows that have since gone off the air, there was talk of an Angel movie. James Marsters, who played Spike, expressed plenty of interest in coming back and it was reported in TV Guide that it was a possibilty. That was three years ago, and not a word in a very long time. David Boreanaz has moved on to Bones, and I doubt that he'd want to come back now.

That said, the more time that goes on, the more likely it is that Lauren and Alexis will have bigger and better things going on in their professional and personal lives. Even if we don't get another season, if we do hope for ANY kind of continuation, we need to keep up our efforts NOW.

I call and write daily, and I will recruit as many people as I can.

Please, MANDATE ON!
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #5748 on: June 01, 2007, 01:50:23 pm »

I've really been thinking about this whole campagne, and I'm not at all being negitive, if anyone thinks GG can come back it's me, i just have a couple of segestions. First of all we NEED more people, the CW is not going to blink an eye at this campagne unless they recieve letters/emails/daises by the thousands. While it does seem like alot of people have posted their names/towns/age and made themselfs official Great8Mandaters, there really hasn't been that many. IMO even if the whole 9496 members of GG.org was also apart of the Great8Mandate, we still would'nt have enough people. I believe WE can save this show, but somehow we have to spread the word and we have to get more people. I admit i have no idea how we can do this........but in order to save the show it has to be done.

Sorry if it sounded like I just rambled on, but I really wnat to save the show, and I think the only way we can do that is by getting more people.

And one more thing, I know that we are supose to be nice when we write our letters/emails. I understand thats the only way to get our show back, But the more I write the angeryer I get. This show was not suppose to end in its 7th season, thats ovbious by the series finale. And as much as I love the cast, I don't think I am going to be able to listen to one more of them say "I think the ending was good" (paraphrased), when Nearly every GG fan on the planet disagrees. I know not all the cast has said the ending was good, but all I'vheard AB, LG and SP all say that. All of GG cast seems to be smart, so you would think they would realize the series finale wasn't that great, and did'nt give any closure but I don't think they do. I know some of you disagree, but I blame the cast just as much for the cancelation as i do the network. They dedicated 7 years of their lif to this show, and they coul'nt stick it out for one more shortened season, tho give it the ending it deserved.

Sorry again for rambling, but no one in my hous likes GG as much as I do, and I needed to get that out.

anyway lets keep on mandating, ancd get more people, b/c as far I am concerned, this is'nt over until we get closure.

But we can never be 100% sure on how many people actually send letters.
Not everyone reports back here.
So we could very well have 1000s.

But I do agree that we need to publicize more.

love is blind so you didn't see me.
GilmoreAddict7899
Diner Chef

Community Points: 399

in Omnia Paratus...

View Profile
« Reply #5749 on: June 01, 2007, 02:01:25 pm »

What epsiode is the one where Lorelai and Luke had a fight and lorelai goes up to lukes apartment and makes up with him, and she like sort of sitting in his lap...it is driving me crazy because i really want tha screen cap! Thanks, faster is better!

Java Junkie-Litliner.....Kim =)
Junkie
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

We NEED season 8! Keep on fighting! ;-)

View Profile
« Reply #5750 on: June 01, 2007, 02:01:41 pm »

I have only posted one other post, I am somewhat of a lurker. I have just not had the time lately to keep up and write a thoughtful post. I still don't, so please forgive me for this post, which will not be as well thought out as I wanted. I just felt that if I didn't post now, I wouldn't say what I wanted to say...

SO, I love the idea of a movie as much as anyone, because if I can't have more regular season episodes, it's better than nothing. However, I was an Angel fan and when the silly WB cancelled Angel to bring us shows that have since gone off the air, there was talk of an Angel movie. James Marsters, who played Spike, expressed plenty of interest in coming back and it was reported in TV Guide that it was a possibilty. That was three years ago, and not a word in a very long time. David Boreanaz has moved on to Bones, and I doubt that he'd want to come back now.

That said, the more time that goes on, the more likely it is that Lauren and Alexis will have bigger and better things going on in their professional and personal lives. Even if we don't get another season, if we do hope for ANY kind of continuation, we need to keep up our efforts NOW.

I call and write daily, and I will recruit as many people as I can.

Please, MANDATE ON!
I agree! We should do everything we can NOW! Someone wrote before that Amy might be the the only person to change alexis'/lauren's/(the network's?) mind and make them want to come back for either another season or a movie. (However, Amy is probably only interestend in a movie and not in season 8 - which is better than nothing though!) Anyway, please keep on mandating and spread the word! As Rob said, it would be great to have a G8M-homepage because GG fans would maybe pay more attention on it than on this forum. Unfortunately, I'm not able to create webisides  Sad It would be awesome if we could find someone to help us! So in case we have some "computer freaks" here, please let us now!

Junkie
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

We NEED season 8! Keep on fighting! ;-)

View Profile
« Reply #5751 on: June 01, 2007, 02:03:07 pm »

What epsiode is the one where Lorelai and Luke had a fight and lorelai goes up to lukes apartment and makes up with him, and she like sort of sitting in his lap...it is driving me crazy because i really want tha screen cap! Thanks, faster is better!
It's episode 6.09 - "The Prodigal Daughter Returns" Wink
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 02:04:43 pm by Junkie » Logged

Frannie530
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

View Profile
« Reply #5752 on: June 01, 2007, 02:50:17 pm »

Just something I found on the LA Times Online Entertainment Section.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2007/05/cw_picks_up_eig.html

Thought it might be a boost to the Gilmore Girls Season 8 campaign....

CW picks up 'Eight Days a Week' for midseason
Who said the next TV season’s lineups were set in stone? The CW has picked up “Eight Days a Week,” a single-camera comedy, scheduled to begin midseason.

If everyone keeps on writing to the CW, etc.....who knows what could happen?

Just my opinion,  but maybe people should start writing to the C in the CW (CBS Corporation).  At least they were classy enough to respond to the Jericho Fans. They do own half of the CW.. 
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

View Profile
« Reply #5753 on: June 01, 2007, 02:51:15 pm »

Hi all --

I just wanted to drop a quick line to let you know what I'm thinking about all of this.

First, I respect everyone's opinion who wants to move to approach the movie aspect.  That's fine.  But that said, there are still many people here who believe in a season 8 -- I'm one of them.  I don't think it is impossible -- 7th Heaven, Farscapes, Firefly -- these are all shows that got another chance.  And I am someone who doesn't typically believe in odds -- in fact, I frequently work against it.

That said, those of you who are going to pursue the movie -- GREAT.  Smiley  It's a good cause, too, but in the process, try not to bring us down.  Maybe it'll be necessary for there to be a movie thread and a season 8 thread (though they would both still be under the Great8Mandate banner, like Heidi said, since it is a well known campaign).  And of course, people can and should participate in both.

Anyhow, I just wanted to say that I do really respect Heidi's opinions and see where she and everyone else are coming from -- but (and this is just a blanket statement, not directed at anyone in particular) don't bring down those people who are working towards a season 8.  There is opportunity for people to work towards both.

Thanks everyone.  I'll give you more updates as I get more accomplished.

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #5754 on: June 01, 2007, 03:03:07 pm »

And yes please don't come in here and bring us down, we are already as low as we can get, we don't need our faces slammed into the cement basement floor anymore! It's not going to hurt you because we keep going! We have alot of hope, faith and love for Gilmore Girls! Anything is possible with this sort of passion!

I agree!!!
  I really don't get the need for all the negativity in a thread that is all about being proactive and staying positive.    Undecided   Maybe there should be a "Can you believe those nuts are still mandating?" thread where everyone can talk about why they don't believe the mandate will work.   (I guess this is goodbye to my  community points... )
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 05:10:35 pm by ChocolatGilmore » Logged

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
Sf49rminer
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #5755 on: June 01, 2007, 04:37:26 pm »

Has anyone done any research into their home city's Web sites to become community columnists?  One of our main Web sites where I live has a pretty strong community columnist section that I heavily rely on as a public relations practitioner.  There seems to be a trend in reverse pulishing where consumers post columns to a Web site and then it gets picked up by mainstream media. 
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #5756 on: June 01, 2007, 05:32:26 pm »

Has anyone done any research into their home city's Web sites to become community columnists?  One of our main Web sites where I live has a pretty strong community columnist section that I heavily rely on as a public relations practitioner.  There seems to be a trend in reverse pulishing where consumers post columns to a Web site and then it gets picked up by mainstream media. 

I just researched my town, and unfortunately, they do not do that.
But I am going to try surrounding cities.

This is a great idea!

love is blind so you didn't see me.
Imawl4GG
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #5757 on: June 01, 2007, 05:42:27 pm »

And yes please don't come in here and bring us down, we are already as low as we can get, we don't need our faces slammed into the cement basement floor anymore! It's not going to hurt you because we keep going! We have alot of hope, faith and love for Gilmore Girls! Anything is possible with this sort of passion!

I agree!!!
  I really don't get the need for all the negativity in a thread that is all about being proactive and staying positive.    Undecided   Maybe there should be a "Can you believe those nuts are still mandating?" thread where everyone can talk about why they don't believe the mandate will work.   (I guess this is goodbye to my  community points... )

exactly what i've been thinkin while catchin up on today's posts!
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5758 on: June 01, 2007, 06:03:15 pm »

I'm gonna say that I agree with everything Heather said a few posts up.  And I'm gonna add one thing: 

You know why I'm pushing for Season 8, period (I mean, besides the fact that the story isn't finished)?  It's because the Angel movies didn't happen.  Angel fans wanted season 6 and once Joss announced the movies issue, the entire thing collapsed and not even the movies happened.  So heck, forget about the talk of a 2-hour movie capper, it's Season 8, period.  If just a movie comes out of pushing for Season 8, hey, that's great, fine, but I think that the amount of energy needed to do what is, after all, a massive fan campaign demands that the goal to be as large and ambitious as possible -- thus, Season 8 or bust.

-- Rob

------------------------
Season 8:  Because Lorelai settled, and that got her nothing but a bad (and thankfully short) marriage.
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

View Profile
« Reply #5759 on: June 01, 2007, 06:21:49 pm »

Well, I don't want to get us all slivered up into different groups as all I'm saying.

If some people support a movie more than a season 8 -- fine.  If some people support a season 8 more than a movie -- cool.  If people support both -- amazing.  But let's not faction ourselves off.  We need every person we can get and I think we can all agree Gilmore Girls -- more of it in any form -- is our aim.  So if some people want to focus more on the movie, that's fine, I just don't want to hear negative stuff around here about our season 8 efforts -- we all want more Gilmore Girls!

So basically, we need everyone here.  We all need each other get this accomplished.  There is strength in numbers and we need to support each other in both causes.

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: