The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 09:05:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1734164 times)
lizsh
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

Gilmore Girls Season 8!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5700 on: May 31, 2007, 06:23:52 pm »

Rob- I will edit the press release, and post a link to it when I'm done... Any thing else anyone wants editted/added/changed?

HELP SAVE GILMORE GIRLS!!! Season 8!
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #5701 on: May 31, 2007, 06:40:55 pm »

I thought this was pretty interesting...

Lauren Graham is #6 on yahoo top searches for the day. 
JLJ0984
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5702 on: May 31, 2007, 07:01:47 pm »

Post my and my mothers name....we have watched it every week since it started. It was so sad this past Tuesday.
Jamie Jones Milford, Ohio
Beverly Jones Milford, Ohio
JLJ0984
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5703 on: May 31, 2007, 07:04:01 pm »

Where does the Mandate stand? Is there an update?? You guys rock so I had to join. Need any help in Cincy Ohio let me know!
theladyjedi
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #5704 on: May 31, 2007, 07:10:32 pm »

Concerning the news release...I would mention the total number of members here, 9,485, and that this would be basic membership and the total would be many times that number if family members were added. Any demographics mentioned could be described as a sampling since I assume the amount of information received is small compared to the total membership.
A suggestion to all those who live close enough to anyone on the daisy list that you could make a personal delivery to their offices: Walmarts has beautiful pots of live daisies in their garden department (with soil and all so you can plant them) for only $6.43 and a smaller pot for only $3.43. Yes, those are the actual prices.
I would recommend putting tissue paper and perhaps a bow (available at Walmarts crafts and wrapping departments) and other decorations. Anyone who can't afford to send daisies from a florist, this would be a great opportunity and you would have the fun of decorating them. I assume that since florists can deliver flowers, individuals can too. The daisies, despite their modest price, are quite nice and I think most anyone could afford the $3.43 size.  I think it would be most impressive to have a lot of individuals delivering daisies and I'm sure no one receiving them would have any idea of what they cost.
I would strongly recommend once again that at least one daisy be sent to TV Guide's Ausiello and please keep posting comments at his columns. This week he has a link to the Veronica Mars campaign. I'm hunting for a Smurf to send him since he loves Smurfs. Hopefully. he will put a link to here.
               Darlene    theladyjedi
theladyjedi
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #5705 on: May 31, 2007, 07:17:54 pm »

Concerning the news release...Perhaps you are already doing this, but I would be sure to have a contact name and phone number in case more information is wanted by the media or perhaps they may even want to do an interview.
        Darlene    theladyjedi
apoblana
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5706 on: May 31, 2007, 07:34:03 pm »

Just came across Alexis MYspace page... check it out!!  maybe we can flood it with messages?Huh

http://www.myspace.com/bledel_alexis 

love
apoblana
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5707 on: May 31, 2007, 07:57:50 pm »

is that the offical alexis bledel page?! I thought she was all anti-computers?!  Roll Eyes

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

View Profile
« Reply #5708 on: May 31, 2007, 08:00:36 pm »

MAJOR POSTER PROJECT INFORMATION
Please read all of this post ... Smiley

1.) I printed three of the banners tonight.  The one for Amy, and then two of the style for Lauren, Alexis and Dan.  Just as I the last one was finishing ... the printer ran out of paper.  It's a ginormous printer and I can't install the roll myself and everyone had left.  I will not be back to work 'til Tuesday night next week.  HOWEVER, I could still get the third one printed and sent with everything tomorrow if someone was willing to donate $10 to PayPal to pay for me to have it taken to Kinkos.

2.) I'd like to thank all of our very generous poster project sponsors ... HOWEVER ... we still need a little bit more.  I am a college student.  I have absolutely no extra money besides what I've already spent on this project to spend here.  So whatever I don't have money for tomorrow will not get sent until I do.  That means ... if you have a Paypal account please donate whatever you can -- I know times are hard, but even $1 counts.  If everyone on here who has Paypal (and I'm seeing that several do) donated $5 this evening, we'd be golden.[/color] 

3.) I will be posting pictures of the posters and of their shipping containers (covered in daisies stickers) tomorrow!  I will also give you updated tracking information as I have it.

That said, thank you to everyone who participated and gave advice.  Anyone who's names I have as of 5 minutes ago are included on the letter that will be sent with these banners.

PRESS RELEASIN' IT -- Got your name out there?

1.) Any names I have received by midnight EST will be included with the press releases tomorrow.  That means those of you who haven't still have just over an hour to get them to me.  I have not printed the final page of the letter yet with these names, so you still have time!

2.) If you can contribute a little for stamps, please do.  I'm sending out 70 letters tomorrow.

3.) You can continue submitting names for the second round of press releases I send out to local papers and to college papers.

4.) I will post a list tomorrow of all the papers and magazines I sent to in the first round. Smiley

Thanks everyone!  Keep up the great mandating!  And if you can donate a little ... puuuurrttty please with sugar on top.

Smiley

Heather

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
JillianLovesFood
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #5709 on: May 31, 2007, 08:25:20 pm »

I posted this in that CW movie blog...

"We’re in this mess in the first place because the CW replaced Amy and Dan with writers, ignoring the fact that the Palladinos were the heart of the show. Because of this careless move, the scripts sunk and so did the fans interest in the series. Finally when the show started to go back into a good rhythm; it was forced into an exit with a finale that started to branch off into storylines for another season. So we’ve been left without closure. As much as I admire Amy for wanting to create a two-hour movie in an attempt to try and bring us the closure we need, because of the gaps created from this season; she would have to skip over important storylines and we still would be missing things we want to see.

Everyone has been saying: “the finale was a fitting end,”, “It was time for the show to end,” and “use your imagination” but us true fans know Season 7 is not worthy as a final season this wonderful series deserves! Even with the two-hour hour movie, it won’t be the same. Also, the characters will forever be stuck where they left off without resolving any issues.

Gilmore Girls has brought families and people of all ages together. Because of that, the loveable characters, and the intellegence with the writing; this show has brought astonishing ratings to the CW considering the other scripted shows on the network also suffered loses. Gilmores took on strong ratings even against American Idol, where almost no other show would be able to go toe to toe with and get the same kind of results. If more shows on the CW were like Gilmore Girls, then the CW network wouldn’t be in as much trouble as they all ready are. The ratings from the series finale itself should show the CW how much Gilmore Girls means to their viewers. Now fans feel hurt and doubt the CW’s actions. We can’t understand why the CW would rather depend on risky original shows then the loyal fans of Gilmore Girls. We Gilmore fans are the ones who; watch the network, would be trying out their shows, would be watching the actresses/actors movies, taking the WB tours and buying the products advertised by its sponsors. The CW turning their backs on fans will end up hurting them more than the cost it would’ve taken to produce 8 or 11 episodes.

I mean; if Amy is interested in attempting a two-hour finale, then why can’t the CW do something? We want to see Rory as she progresses in the Real World, we want to see Lorelai finally patch things up with her parents, we want to see how Lane and Zach deal with family and band life, but most of all we want to see Lorelai and Luke finally break out of the ugly cycle they get stuck in and get married! An episode with them getting married would not only make fans happy, it would also bring in as many if not more ratings than the season 7 finale did. Then later; Amy’s two-hour actual series finale would do the same. Everyone was counting on an eighth season… even the Barack O’Bama compaign.

The CW should realize they are making a HUGE mistake by cancelling an eighth season and should go back into negotiations with people involved to find a compromise. 8 or 11 episodes would give the actors some more time to take on their roles and Amy's mini movie could be added on at the end for the best possible series finale on CW. An Eighth season could be aired every-other Tuesday night easing whatever new show into the time slot to eventually take over instead of throwing it in all or nothing, it would be less expensive than a full season for the CW to produce, and it would make everyone happy. A compromise is made when; people try looking outside the box and give a little something up. This time the pay off for the little things sacrificed would be more than worth it."

I am VERY interested in contributing to a Paypal collection of daisies for all of us to send once again. Grin I think it's way past due. I'll add what I can when the deadline is and who is in charge of it?

I haven't heard anything from the newspapers I've contacted  Embarrassed but it's only been two days so I might have to be patient. Lips Sealed If not then I'm going to send another e-mail but change how I presented info.

I got a reply from Toyota stating they would pass the word down to the CEO for whomever else might send e-mails on this issue. If anyone else would like to add Advertiser names to the list I can send e-mails to them.

I have the next two days off of work so I hope to have enough time from summer writing projects to compose letters to Peter Roth and ASP.  Cool

Other than that there is really nothing else I can do. If I could I would allow ASP to build a W/B studio replica in my backyard and use various houses and buildings in my neighborhood to film. I could fit like 1/4 of the studio in my backyard with the empty space I have and there are trees that surround it which keeps in secluded. I'm just being silly  Tongue

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
LaughingGirl
Stars Hollow Tourist

.Laugh Out Loud.

View Profile
« Reply #5710 on: May 31, 2007, 08:35:46 pm »

Is that really Alexis Bledels mYspace?

Thank you for making the posters, you're really commited.

.it wasn't a laugh, but merely a loud smile.
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #5711 on: May 31, 2007, 08:38:13 pm »

Concerning the news release...Perhaps you are already doing this, but I would be sure to have a contact name and phone number in case more information is wanted by the media or perhaps they may even want to do an interview.
        Darlene    theladyjedi

Oh yea, I've already got that cover. Cheesy  I've worked for several newspapers, so I know how they like to do things.  Smiley  Thanks for double-checking.

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5712 on: May 31, 2007, 08:38:47 pm »

Heather, like I planned earlier in the week, I can make my contribution tomorrow. I was planning on $5... would that help?

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5713 on: May 31, 2007, 09:13:47 pm »

Found this on http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue155/news.html  about the Rosewell Campaign

Roswell Fans Push For Renewal
Fans of The WB's teen alien series Roswell are taking their "Save Roswell" campaign to a new level, with a full-page advertisement in the Hollywood trade paper Variety on April 10. The fans, who have incorporated as Alien Blast, will pay $2,500 for the ad, the first of two planned to encourage The WB to renew the freshman series.

The ad will say, "We would like to thank The WB for the hottest show on television. We are looking forward to next season!" Such fan action is not unprecedented: Last year, fans of Buffy the Vampire Slayer took out a Variety ad to protest The WB's decision to delay two controversial episodes. Earlier, fans of The Sentinel took out their own ad, which is credited with prolonging that series' life on UPN.

Maybe a letter to Variety may help the Great8Mandate campaign? [/b]

OMG! (Rob bops self on the head like "Wow! I could've had a V8!")  Believe it or not, this one isn't even unprecedented in Gg fandom -- Nadine from IIRC FanForum actually organized a For Your Consideration Emmy ad in Variety (and IIRC, the Hollywood Reporter) for Lauren after season 5.  So this is acheivable.  I don't know when Emmy nominations are supposed to be in by, but the nominations are announced in the 3rd week of July or so, so it may not be do-able as an Emmy FYC ad -- it wasn't a full page ad, it was, like, a half-page column.  But since it's already been done once for Gg, there's absolutely no reason why we can't do it again.  The funding might take a month or two, but really, we're aiming for a midseason replacement run anyway, so in that respect, we've definitely got enough time to organize a campaign.

My snarky slogan for the ad would be:  

(And let me remind you that the suggestion below may be just a leeeeeeeeeeeeeeettle over-the-top:   Dance

-----------------------------

AT THE TOP:  "The Academy Doesn't Know You Exist* . . ."  (can't use the Emmy logo as it's trademarked)

INSERT:  (Ideal:  Recent cast photo -- must get permission from Warner, I think.  IIRC, they probably won't approve of even using the show's logo, but there still might be ways to do it by getting permission from their management teams to use individual photos of Lauren and Alexis.  Lauren gave permission for use of her likeness for Nadine's FYC Ad, for instance)

AT THE BOTTOM:  ". . . but we do.  And we want you back for one more season.  13 episodes, tops.  (Okay, and one 2-hour finale episode written and directed by Amy Sherman-Palladino."  

"If you want to participate in the campaign to save Gilmore Girls, please join the Great 8 Mandate at www.gilmoregirls.org"  (insert Mandate logo here.)

* asterisk/Small but respectable type = "* Well, the Makeup technicians in the Academy do.  Thank you for your great taste in shows!"

-----------------------------------

Also, this one's non-negotiable:  Any and all money donated above the cost of the ad must be donated to a charity of the choice of the actors.  1) (most importantly) It's the right thing to do and 2) because it's probably the only way to get permission from the actors to allow us to use their likenesses without having to pay professional rates for it.  Lauren has done a lot of fundraising for Breast Cancer Research, don't know what Alexis's would be.

I have no idea how Nadine did it -- if anyone knows her, please ask her to come on around and help us.  I don't think that she did it *just* through PayPal donations.

So, anyway, anybody want to take the lead on this one?

-- Rob

----------------------
Season 8:  Because, well, we're all Townies and thus, we do the right thing in weird ways.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 09:17:43 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #5714 on: May 31, 2007, 09:17:23 pm »

Heather, like I planned earlier in the week, I can make my contribution tomorrow. I was planning on $5... would that help?

Absolutely. Smiley  Thank you so much! Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: