The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 08:39:36 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1765744 times)
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5685 on: May 31, 2007, 08:42:00 am »

Another round of the daisy campaign is probably a good idea.  Anything to get attention.  Because right now, all I hear about is the Jericho campaign, and it is getting a LOT of press coverage.  I've seen videos, heard about their sending nuts, and just read a piece on cnn.com about their trying to get a second season.  If they can do it, we can too!  Let's step it up!

1) We need a lot more people to send out the press release to their local papers -- we probably need to have it updated to reflect Amy's new interest in doing a 2-hour movie (let's not mention our suspicion that Jezebel James is dead, that would be impolite).  Heather, if you're too busy with the Poster Campaign right now, then please PM me the press release and I'll do a pass (an edit/update) pass on it.

2) This is a Card that I was hoping NOT to play, but I think I have to play it now.  I think that one of the reasons that Jericho is getting a lot more press (I mean, besides being a show that was on the larger network of CBS) is that its fanbase is mostly college-aged males who are more tech-saavy than Gg's younger female base.  I don't think it has anything to do with gender -- I think it has a lot more to do with the general fact that they're an older audience, that they have computer-geek experience and that the SF show is able to connect with science fiction fandom.  In our case, we're kinda reinventing the wheel without the ability to tap into a larger fanbase like Jericho is able to do with SF fandom, which has a lot of expeirence with campaigns now.  Meanwhile, Gg is in a class by itself.  It doesn't mean that we're anything close to finished, I think it means that we need to find someone with SF experience, with computer geek experience and/or revival-campaign experience, to help us out.  Is there  someone here, a poster or a lurker, with Roswell campaign experience?  Can anyone get a hold of someone with revival experience, a Farscaper, a Browncoat, etc.?

Operation: Daisy Duke -- Supplementary Edition

3)  Besides the Daisy Campaign (the PayPal pool one), anyone who can do Operation: Daisy Duke, please do so.  If you already sent flowers in May, send more in June, since it's wedding month.  Those of you who can send flowers immediately, please target delivery for tomorrow or Saturday -- ie: go to your florist today and buy daisies (ask for a dozen even though they'll first offer you something more expensive) and mention on the card that Lor and Luke's wedding was supposed to be June 3rd and that we want season 8.  (OMG, why didn't this idea come to me on Tuesday?!)  

This one would be better to target Dawn, Lauren and Amy with than Alexis, but OTOH, maybe an appropriate version for Alexis could be "Will you be our Lorelai Leigh Gilmore for just one more season? Will you be our fandom godmother so that we can get our real final season?"

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because June 3rd approacheth!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 08:47:24 am by ShutUpRob » Logged
mandate_supporter
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 12

View Profile
« Reply #5686 on: May 31, 2007, 09:34:51 am »

I think that one of the reasons that Jericho is getting a lot more press (I mean, besides being a show that was on the larger network of CBS) is that its fanbase is mostly college-aged males who are more tech-saavy than Gg's younger female base.

I think that is so true, Rob.  I mean, just look at their homepage for all the nuttiness: http://www.nutsonline.com/jericho

It is just so easy for them so make donations and get their nuts sent.  If we had a way to make such simple donations like that for the daisies, we would actually be able to compete.  They also have plenty of "Save Jericho" shirts, and not to mention a live blog as well as videos of the nuts being delivered.

Anyone know what sort of application that is they're using to take donations?

Vote for your favorite Gilmore Girls episodes!  http://gilmorevote.blogspot.com/
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

View Profile
« Reply #5687 on: May 31, 2007, 10:24:10 am »

MAILING TOMORROW

Tomorrow I will be mailing four banners and 60 media packets with the press release.
I will update the name list tonight.

I am in desperate need of money to spend, folks.  I've got almost enough, but I'm short about $20.  PLEASE if you have Pay Pal, USE IT to send me a dollar or two.  I'm a college kid, so whatever we don't have money for ... just won't get sent until we do. Sad

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #5688 on: May 31, 2007, 10:34:06 am »

Meanwhile, Gg is in a class by itself.  It doesn't mean that we're anything close to finished, I think it means that we need to find someone with SF experience, with computer geek experience and/or revival-campaign experience, to help us out.  Is there  someone here, a poster or a lurker, with Roswell campaign experience?  Can anyone get a hold of someone with revival experience, a Farscaper, a Browncoat, etc.?

I forgot to add to "Can anyone get a hold of someoone with computer geek experience . . . your brother, perhaps?"  

One of the things that I did pick up from the Save Farscape campaign is that they had an alternate website domain for the Save Farscape project -- www.savefarscape.com was and is an offshoot of its parent website, www.watchfarscape.com (which is analogous to gg.org) and contained its own portal into the parent website, watchfarscape.com, but was primarily an inventory of continuous press releases, links to articles about the campaign (especially those with comments sections -- the CW Source blog entry for the Gg movie at http://blogs.trb.com/network/cwsource/2007/05/rumorville_a_gilmore_girls_tv.html would be an example -- and project missions such as contacting advertisers, particularly responsive advertisers (KFC was particularly responsive) and aggressive letter-writing pushes targeting specific dates and specific people at both Skiffy, the studio (Henson) and beyond.  They were also able to get the particpation of many of the actors in chats, etc. because of the connections of certain people involved in the campaign.  savefarscape.com is now a portal into the watchfarscape.com website now that its show's ending has been achieved.

Now, I'm not a website designer, I'm just a Loudmouth McCrankypants, so I have no idea how to design a campaign-based portal into gg.org or even if Heidi would be interested in the idea.  I bet it'll be along the lines of "as long as I don't have to do any of the labor."  Yes, Heidi?   Grin

Can somebody find somebody to build a portal like that?  I can work with them as to what I'd like to go into it -- such as a final, set version of the various FAQs that I keep repeating here so that, like, I can stop repeating them here.   Celebrate

-- Rob

------------------------
Season 8:  Because, well, April had a website, so can the Mandate!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 10:37:10 am by ShutUpRob » Logged
MonicaKeller
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5689 on: May 31, 2007, 11:06:00 am »

With the press releases, why not mail them to major magazines as well? People, Seventeen, etc. If they pick it up and print it, it might reach a lot of people as well.

heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #5690 on: May 31, 2007, 11:10:53 am »

With the press releases, why not mail them to major magazines as well? People, Seventeen, etc. If they pick it up and print it, it might reach a lot of people as well.

Good idea.  I'd be happy to do that ...

But it requires more stamp money ... :-D

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #5691 on: May 31, 2007, 11:15:26 am »

Hey, that's an excellent idea!  What we need is to have one specific officer committed to sending the press releases out -- first, an introductory announcement (which Heather has been compiling but which I'm sure she'd appreciate the help and initiative) and then to publicize each campaign, possibly individually.  Wanna do it?  Anyne else want to volunteer?  I'm willing to be a spokesperson and put my cell phone number on the releases, but I can't do the organization of it myself.  What you're seeing me do here is about all I can handle.

Also, I finally noticed the amazon link to Gg DVDs at the upper right corner of the screen, so I just wanted to add a bunch of Gilmore books available at links through amazon.  Let's buy them and spike the sales (BTW, I've already bought a copy of all of them):

Coffee at Luke's: An Unauthorized Gilmore Girls Gabfest (Smart Pop series)

http://www.amazon.com/Coffee-Lukes-Unauthorized-Gilmore-Gabfest/dp/1933771178/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-2285003-0944159?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1180633415&sr=1-1

Gilmore Girls: Other Side of Summer

http://www.amazon.com/Gilmore-Girls-Other-Side-Summer/dp/0060509163/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/102-2285003-0944159?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1180633415&sr=1-2

Like Mother, Like Daughter (Gilmore Girls, No. 1)

http://www.amazon.com/Like-Mother-Daughter-Gilmore-Girls/dp/0060510234/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3/102-2285003-0944159?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1180633415&sr=1-3

Gilmore Girls: I Love You, You Idiot (Gilmore Girls)

http://www.amazon.com/Gilmore-Girls-Love-You-Idiot/dp/0060502282/ref=sr_1_4/102-2285003-0944159?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1180633415&sr=1-4

Gilmore Girls: I Do, Don't I?

http://www.amazon.com/Gilmore-Girls-I-Do-Dont/dp/0060097574/ref=sr_1_5/102-2285003-0944159? ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1180633415&sr=1-5

-- Rob

----------------------
Season 8:  Because we're already more organized than Taylor will ever be.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 11:19:34 am by ShutUpRob » Logged
MonicaKeller
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5692 on: May 31, 2007, 11:20:22 am »

Yeah, i can do it.I can do the mailing and printing out parts.  I will look for the addresses for the magazines. If someone can get me the information, i can print it out and mail it. It might be a bit expensive for me, but I do have paypal if anyone wants to donate. I can mail some of them myself, but any little bit of help would be good. Send paypal donations to: [email protected]

heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #5693 on: May 31, 2007, 11:21:58 am »

Hey, that's an excellent idea!  What we need is to have one specific officer committed to sending the press releases out -- first, an introductory announcement (which Heather has been compiling but which I'm sure she'd appreciate the help and initiative) and then to publicize each campaign, possibly individually.  Wanna do it?  Anyne else want to volunteer?  I'm willing to be a spokesperson and put my cell phone number on the releases, but I can't do the organization of it myself.  What you're seeing me do here is about all I can handle.

Also, I finally noticed the amazon link to Gg DVDs at the upper right corner of the screen, so I just wanted to add a bunch of Gilmore books available at links through amazon.  Let's buy them and spike the sales (BTW, I've already bought a copy of all of them):

Coffee at Luke's: An Unauthorized Gilmore Girls Gabfest (Smart Pop series)

http://www.amazon.com/Coffee-Lukes-Unauthorized-Gilmore-Gabfest/dp/1933771178/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-2285003-0944159?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1180633415&sr=1-1

Gilmore Girls: Other Side of Summer

http://www.amazon.com/Gilmore-Girls-Other-Side-Summer/dp/0060509163/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/102-2285003-0944159?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1180633415&sr=1-2

Like Mother, Like Daughter (Gilmore Girls, No. 1)

http://www.amazon.com/Like-Mother-Daughter-Gilmore-Girls/dp/0060510234/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3/102-2285003-0944159?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1180633415&sr=1-3

Gilmore Girls: I Love You, You Idiot (Gilmore Girls)

http://www.amazon.com/Gilmore-Girls-Love-You-Idiot/dp/0060502282/ref=sr_1_4/102-2285003-0944159?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1180633415&sr=1-4

Gilmore Girls: I Do, Don't I?

http://www.amazon.com/Gilmore-Girls-I-Do-Dont/dp/0060097574/ref=sr_1_5/102-2285003-0944159? ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1180633415&sr=1-5

-- Rob

----------------------
Season 8:  Because we're already more organized than Taylor will ever be.

Rob, I can and will handle it.  I've already got extra letters printed up and ready to go, so it's just a matter of printing up a few extra names and addressing a few more envelopes.  No big deal.

What I need is a lil' more moolah ... this stuff doesn't ship for free.

Smiley
Heather

heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #5694 on: May 31, 2007, 11:22:56 am »

Yeah, i can do it.I can do the mailing and printing out parts.  I will look for the addresses for the magazines. If someone can get me the information, i can print it out and mail it. It might be a bit expensive for me, but I do have paypal if anyone wants to donate. I can mail some of them myself, but any little bit of help would be good. Send paypal donations to: [email protected]

I've already got it Cheesy.

Started printing up and prepping extras the second you mentioned it.  But you could send a PayPal donation to me if you wanted. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 11:27:09 am by heatherkilpatrick » Logged

Frannie530
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

View Profile
« Reply #5695 on: May 31, 2007, 03:13:39 pm »

Found this on http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue155/news.html  about the Rosewell Campaign

Roswell Fans Push For Renewal
Fans of The WB's teen alien series Roswell are taking their "Save Roswell" campaign to a new level, with a full-page advertisement in the Hollywood trade paper Variety on April 10. The fans, who have incorporated as Alien Blast, will pay $2,500 for the ad, the first of two planned to encourage The WB to renew the freshman series.

The ad will say, "We would like to thank The WB for the hottest show on television. We are looking forward to next season!" Such fan action is not unprecedented: Last year, fans of Buffy the Vampire Slayer took out a Variety ad to protest The WB's decision to delay two controversial episodes. Earlier, fans of The Sentinel took out their own ad, which is credited with prolonging that series' life on UPN.

Maybe a letter to Variety may help the Great8Mandate campaign? [/b]
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #5696 on: May 31, 2007, 03:30:47 pm »

I've been e-mailing the press releases to all the newspapers in my state.
If we have 50 participants willing to do that, we could hit every paper!
Well, 51. DC.

Just an idea.

love is blind so you didn't see me.
LaughingGirl
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

.Laugh Out Loud.

View Profile
« Reply #5697 on: May 31, 2007, 05:03:00 pm »

Is it too late to give in my name?  If it isn't its:
Name: Carlie Peters
State: New Orleans, LA
Other people in my household who want a season 8: Sarah Peters (13)

.it wasn't a laugh, but merely a loud smile.
LaughingGirl
Stars Hollow Tourist

.Laugh Out Loud.

View Profile
« Reply #5698 on: May 31, 2007, 05:30:01 pm »

I forgot to mention my mom Frannie Kronenberg.

.it wasn't a laugh, but merely a loud smile.
JMULLIN8
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5699 on: May 31, 2007, 05:53:31 pm »

I really hope that they go through with season 8, I soooo dont want it to be over!!!!! Cry I wonder if they are considering putting on another season.....I hope so....
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: