The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 01:38:07 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1731066 times)
nevaeh11084
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 11

"I just...like to see you happy"

View Profile
« Reply #5670 on: May 30, 2007, 06:59:00 pm »

2) All six seasons of Gilmore Girls that are available on DVD are on sale at Best Buy for $19.99 apiece through this Saturday, June 2nd.  Run, don't walk to the store to complete your collection.   BTW, while I haven't seen the print ad, the website only lists season 6 at $19.99 until you click on the link to the item description and it has all of the seasons listed at $19.99 each -- and the website's weekly listings match those for what's actually on sale at the stores.

-- Rob

thanks i need to re buy season 5 {mine was is kind of scratched up}!!!

<3 JavaJunkie
ckiddings
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

I support a Gilmore Girls Movie!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5671 on: May 30, 2007, 07:46:31 pm »

I wanted to watch all the GG DVD from the beginning after the series fake finale and when I opened my Season 1 Box...Disc one was gone!!!!! Shocked I have looked everywhere. I may have to repurchase Season One while they are on sale.

LLFan
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #5672 on: May 30, 2007, 08:04:59 pm »

Just read this...........about replacing Rosie O'Donnell and possible replacements.......and Lauren Graham is a mention......

Tucker's other favourite is Lauren Graham, who formerly starred on TV's "Gilmore Girls." The brunette beauty is "really smart," he said, and has been out of work - hey now! - since the mother-daughter dramedy closed this year.
[/color]

Lauren on the View?  They are looking for someone who brings controversy, I dont think Lauren is the abrasive type like Rosie, but then again, she may bring a whole different angle to the show Shocked
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 08:15:15 pm by LLFan » Logged
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5673 on: May 30, 2007, 08:12:32 pm »

Just read this...........about replacing Rosie O'Donnell and possible replacements.......and Lauren Graham is a mention......

Tucker's other favourite is Lauren Graham, who formerly starred on TV's "Gilmore Girls." The brunette beauty is "really smart," he said, and has been out of work - hey now! - since the mother-daughter dramedy closed this year.
[/color]

Lauren on the View?   Shocked

Believe it or not, this is one of things that I'm fearing.  Lauren was one of the finalists for what became Lisa Ling's seat on The View when Debbie Matenopolous was fired from it way back when, the peeps on the show like her a lot, and she has voiced in interviews that she'd rather live in NYC than LA.  OTOH, I wouldn't be surprised if she just guest-hosts it between gigs, to plug Evan Almighty, etc.  And Tucker (Carlson? or Ken Tucker of Entertainment Weekly?) might be speculating too much.

ETA I found the AP article on AOL:

--------------------------

Rosie's a Tough Act to Follow on 'View'

By ERIN CARLSON
.c The Associated Press

NEW YORK (AP) - Now that Rosie O'Donnell has exited stage left, ``The View'' must find someone to fill her seat and somehow match her watercooler appeal. That won't be easy, but there's a lineup of famous ladies who could make worthy successors.

The brash, big-hearted O'Donnell brought edge and excitement to ``The View,'' lifting ratings and making enemies along the way. But in a move out of line with her fighting persona, she chose to depart the ABC talk show earlier than planned following an on-air confrontation with co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck.

There's no disputing the star wattage and/or entertainment value of possible replacements Roseanne Barr, Whoopi Goldberg and Bette Midler. Other names that have come up are former talk show host Ricki Lake, comedians Kathy Griffin and Wanda Sykes, Oprah Winfrey's best friend Gayle King and genial actress Sherri Shepherd.

No possible contender is buzzier than Barr, who has said she wants the job. Griffin, whose acid-tongued bark is equal to her bite, would be another good choice, said In Touch magazine executive editor Dan Wakeford.

``She's very similar to Rosie in a lot of ways,'' Wakeford said. ``She elicits strong reactions like Rosie. Love her or hate her, you have a reaction which makes great TV.''

In that respect, Griffin - who put it ALL out there on her Bravo reality show - certainly delivers. But ... can she deliver viewers?

``After dealing with Rosie for a year, Barbara and the producers may prefer someone who's easier to manage and less dramatic,'' noted Wakefield, who said the less controversial Shepherd is popular with the show's producers. Still, he said, ``the most important thing is ratings.''

Pop culture critic Ken Tucker is skeptical such hopefuls can match O'Donnell's TV talents: humor, controversy and ``an ability to keep the show moving.'' The chatfest needs to ``look for a different personality'' post-Rosie, Tucker said.

He has an idea: Make co-host Joy Behar the moderator and hire the spunky Sykes as a panelist to replace Star Jones (who either quit or was fired last year, depending on whom you believe).

The likeable Behar, who has an eternal expression of bemusement, has ``really come into her own in the past few months since Rosie's been on,'' said Tucker, editor-at-large for Entertainment Weekly magazine. ``She is somebody who could be the moderator and the kind of voice of reason to keep things going when everybody starts talking over each other.''

Behar illustrated that talent when she attempted to distract O'Donnell and Hasselbeck during last week's infamous spat, saying: ``Who is directing the show? Let's go to a commercial.''

Tucker's other favorite is Lauren Graham, who formerly starred on TV's ``Gilmore Girls.'' The brunette beauty is ``really smart,'' he said, and has been out of work - hey now! - since the mother-daughter dramedy closed this year.

As long as we're on the subject, there are others who should get a look. For your consideration:

Marie Osmond: The wholesome singer and sister of Donny is now an outspoken mother of eight. She was a surprisingly self-assured and appealing guest co-host a few weeks ago - despite her religious upbringing, no ``hot topic'' seemed off limits. Osmond, who's got loads of life experience and is divorcing her second husband, could be an unexpected foil for the girlish Hasselbeck.

Sharon Osbourne: The wife of Ozzie and mother of three has battled colon cancer, managed her husband's music career and earned TV experience on ``America's Got Talent,'' ``The Osbournes'' and her own talk show.

Kelly Ripa: The adorable sidekick to Regis Philbin has juggled multiple TV gigs at once. What's one more?

Mo'Nique: The hilarious host of VH1's ``Charm School'' tells it like it is. But she's charismatic enough to get her own talk show - without co-hosts.

Can O'Donnell be equaled? Show creator Walters seems to think so.

``We've been a hot show for 10 years,'' she proclaimed Tuesday on her show, ``and we'll be a hot show for many years.''

------------------------------

IOW, I think that Ken Tucker was just spitballing ideas and it's not really based on anything other than his whims and his awareness of how close Graham had gotten to becoming a host of the show before.  I've heard many more calls for Megan Mullally to join The View than I've heard anything else about the show in the pop culture zeitgeist.  Plus, Sherri Shepard's been guest-hosting so often now since Star Jones was fired from the show that I fully expect her to take one of the two open seats (and Mullally the other) or, if Walters decides to do it that way, give Shepard the one open seat and leave the fourth chair permanently open as a rotating-guest chair as, in some ways, it seems to be working out.

-- Rob

------------------------
Season 8:  Because, well, the media will tear Lauren apart if she's ever on The View.  Because she's liberal.  Capital-L, Planned-Parenthood supportive Liberal.  Lauren might take that as a challenge but frankly, if the media is going to rip Rosie up and martyrize Hasslebeck, then now's NOT the time to be on The View, where any host basically will becomes a target for the conservative mainstream media.  It's essentially poison for anyone's career now.  (And I say that as a fan of the show who misses Meredith Viera.)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 08:30:51 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
nevaeh11084
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #5674 on: May 30, 2007, 08:14:50 pm »

I wanted to watch all the GG DVD from the beginning after the series fake finale and when I opened my Season 1 Box...Disc one was gone!!!!! Shocked I have looked everywhere. I may have to repurchase Season One while they are on sale.

im actually in the middle of watching from begining to end. im on season 5 disc 3 and i started the day after the finale.

so ne way i had a question for whoever can answer it. i have been sending letters like crazy... to amy, dawn lauren alexis and scott. the only address i have for scott is the gilmore girls address is that still a good address to use or should i just save the stamp for a more useful address/person??

<3 JavaJunkie
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #5675 on: May 30, 2007, 08:16:46 pm »

im actually in the middle of watching from begining to end. im on season 5 disc 3 and i started the day after the finale.

so ne way i had a question for whoever can answer it. i have been sending letters like crazy... to amy, dawn lauren alexis and scott. the only address i have for scott is the gilmore girls address is that still a good address to use or should i just save the stamp for a more useful address/person??

Not to take Patterson for granted, but he tends to be very communicative with the press, so I think he will appreciate any efforts directed at getting the show renewed, so I'd say concentrate on Ostroff, Graham, Bledel, Roth and the Palladinos.
nevaeh11084
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #5676 on: May 30, 2007, 08:24:36 pm »

ok thanks will do!

<3 JavaJunkie
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #5677 on: May 30, 2007, 10:24:34 pm »

Entertainment Weekly had a review of Gg that appeared in the print edition a couple of weeks ago.  The review is posted online at http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20039476,00.html and it has a comments section.  Another place to voice displeasure with the end of the show.

ETA I called the CW's comment line, 1-818-977-6878 at 2:40am ET, 11:40pm PT and it was still taking recordings.  Call guys, every single day.  That's one of those tasks that we've got to keep doing -- and bring more people into it.  If you can have other members of your family and your friends keep calling every day, too (unlimited or huge-thousands-of-minutes long distance time on cell phone plans are ginchy), keep it up.  Say something different each day.  And it's time for another real round of daisy-sending.  If you've sent daisies already, send another bouquet or two to someone you might not have sent them to.  If you sent one to Alexis last time, send one to Dawn this time, send one to Amy, Lauren or Pete Roth.

Also, anyone that's got a project that they want to do or think should be done, then please post it.  Using different tactics helps to switch things up a bit and thereby makes the existing campaigns -- letter writing, voicemail, etc. -- fresher by being part of a mix of tactics.

-- Rob

--------------------
Season 8:  Because any show with a "Beginnings" needs an "Endings."  Plural.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 11:51:08 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
SerenitylovesGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #5678 on: May 30, 2007, 11:55:09 pm »

To give us something different to do

Rory loves sunflowers...... we could also send her sunflowers...."Emily in Wonderland"
SerenitylovesGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #5679 on: May 31, 2007, 12:03:14 am »

I am still sad.... it has been weeks and I am still sad..... This week we got to see the first eppisode of season 7.... wow am i sad
go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #5680 on: May 31, 2007, 02:20:01 am »

I am still sad.... it has been weeks and I am still sad..... This week we got to see the first eppisode of season 7.... wow am i sad

Ugh I can't even pull myself to watch the pilot like I wanted to, I'm so depressed! The first episode rerun I watched after the finale made me cry and the episode is generally suppost to be happy and sweet! Cry (The Lorelais First Day At Yale) It's so weird, after we watched the last episode of GG, tuesday completely fell out of my head. I'm not kidding! I can remember every single day! Saturday, Sunday, Monday, etc but when Tuesday comes, I completely forget what day it is! Shocked Ugh we gotta get the show back, my schedule is a mess without it! Keep fighting guys! Mail, email, phone, stand outside the studio and protest, ANYTHING!!! (hehe how cool would it be if a bunch of GG fans stood outside with signs protesting! Wink )

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
stracciatella
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 9

View Profile
« Reply #5681 on: May 31, 2007, 03:39:26 am »

I sent Heidi a Personal Message about this but haven't gotten a reply yet. I suggested another round of the Daisy Campaign. You know, using PayPal to collect enough money to send one (or two or three or...) very big bouquet(s). And maybe someone other than Heidi could organize it this time since she's done so much already. I don't live in the US so it would be rather complicated for me.

So if someone who lives in the US and has a PayPal account would be willing to do this: Please do so!

I'm sure there are many new members who would donate and maybe some members would even donate a second time. (I would.)
And this time we could send a bouquet to Amy Sherman-Palladino as well. Also, I would suggest including cards again, only this time we would also mention the 2-hour-movie.
nevaeh11084
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #5682 on: May 31, 2007, 06:05:09 am »

I sent Heidi a Personal Message about this but haven't gotten a reply yet. I suggested another round of the Daisy Campaign. You know, using PayPal to collect enough money to send one (or two or three or...) very big bouquet(s). And maybe someone other than Heidi could organize it this time since she's done so much already. I don't live in the US so it would be rather complicated for me.

So if someone who lives in the US and has a PayPal account would be willing to do this: Please do so!

I'm sure there are many new members who would donate and maybe some members would even donate a second time. (I would.)
And this time we could send a bouquet to Amy Sherman-Palladino as well. Also, I would suggest including cards again, only this time we would also mention the 2-hour-movie.

i have a paypal account and i would be willing to get the daises if ppl want to send me money. not sure what you need to know to send me the money but i think its just my email wich is [email protected] so let me know who is intrested and i will do it!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 06:06:15 am by nevaeh11084 » Logged

<3 JavaJunkie
mandate_supporter
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 12

View Profile
« Reply #5683 on: May 31, 2007, 07:52:35 am »

Another round of the daisy campaign is probably a good idea.  Anything to get attention.  Because right now, all I hear about is the Jericho campaign, and it is getting a LOT of press coverage.  I've seen videos, heard about their sending nuts, and just read a piece on cnn.com about their trying to get a second season.  If they can do it, we can too!  Let's step it up!

Vote for your favorite Gilmore Girls episodes!  http://gilmorevote.blogspot.com/
nevaeh11084
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #5684 on: May 31, 2007, 08:28:15 am »

I was thinking of sending them on June 12th {exactly 4 weeks after the series season finale was.} So thats in about 12 days.

<3 JavaJunkie
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: