The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 01:21:28 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1732447 times)
Amelia77
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #5655 on: May 29, 2007, 09:14:56 pm »

I am sorry I am not able to contribute anything to the paypal cos I am under 18 but the banners look awesome.  This is an awesome idea. Thanks for putting so much effort into it. Smiley
Olivia603
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5656 on: May 29, 2007, 09:53:26 pm »

Michaela Miller  Palm Springs, CA

Joshua Miller    Palm Springs, CA

Go Gilmore Girls season 8!!!!
SerenitylovesGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #5657 on: May 29, 2007, 10:14:07 pm »

wow you did such a great job Heather. I really hope that they keep them and post them on their walls.
SerenitylovesGG
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #5658 on: May 29, 2007, 10:17:16 pm »

I just wanted to let everyone know that you are all doing a wonderful job. I hope that our efforts pay off.
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5659 on: May 29, 2007, 10:31:27 pm »

Just to remind everybody because I'm not going to do a full 'nother version of my FAQs until Wednesday morning:

This CW-affiliated website is still taking posts on how you feel about a Gilmore movie:
http://blogs.trb.com/network/cwsource/2007/05/rumorville_a_gilmore_girls_tv.html

So far, consensus is "We'll take what we can get, especially if Amy's involved, but we'd really rather have a season 8."

And it looks like The CW was taking the day off because the voicemail box was full all day.  Hopefully, they'll be back to work in the morning, so in that case, call 1-818-977-6878 after about 10am PT.  And let's keep filling up the voicemail box (one call per person per day, okay?)

-- Rob

-----------------------
Season 8:  Because cooking snails in "Introducing Lorelai Planetarium" was Lorelai's chance to *finally* mock That Damn Donna Reed, too.  (Why should Rory be the only post-modern, post-feminism feminist who has lived in the Crap Shack?)
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5660 on: May 29, 2007, 10:48:22 pm »

Interesting.  As of sometime today, the Jeep has been pulled from its eBay listing.  As in the notice says that the listing was cancelled.

-- Rob

It was sold to someone outside of Ebay members. That's why.

I heard from my Warner Bros. friend that an offer was made that the seller couldn't refuse, so he ended the auction before the first bid.

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #5661 on: May 29, 2007, 11:02:49 pm »

Interesting.  As of sometime today, the Jeep has been pulled from its eBay listing.  As in the notice says that the listing was cancelled.

-- Rob

It was sold to someone outside of Ebay members. That's why.

I heard from my Warner Bros. friend that an offer was made that the seller couldn't refuse, so he ended the auction before the first bid.

~Heidi

This makes me think that either Michael Corleone bought it or somebody from the show bought it.  Purely speculating, of course.

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because Lorelai and Rory *still* haven't had their Godfather marathon!
Nvr2old4GG
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #5662 on: May 30, 2007, 02:19:52 am »

I have a couple of questions for those who are more in the "know" than I am........

1. Did the Sherman-Palladinos burn all of their brigdges with the people at the CW (WB&UPN)?  I read that Amy described trucks taking their desks off of the lot but is a working relationship still possible between the 2 groups?

2. LG and AB have both used the same "spin" on the ending of the show.  It seems obvious that it was their part of the negotiations that broke down.  Everyone else seemed to believe that at least 8 episodes would be done.  My question is this:  Might the two ladies be disappointed/embarassed enough that they would want to just wash their hands of anymore shows/seasons/movies?  I am not trying to jinx anything (I am still e-mailing/calling/writing) but maybe the CW is NOT where any of the important people want to work again. 

Looking at the CW's schedule, it seems that they are "heck-bent" on destroying their own network!
Just some late night/early morning musings.........

Always a GG at heart!
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #5663 on: May 30, 2007, 08:18:09 am »

I have a couple of questions for those who are more in the "know" than I am........

1. Did the Sherman-Palladinos burn all of their brigdges with the people at the CW (WB&UPN)?  I read that Amy described trucks taking their desks off of the lot but is a working relationship still possible between the 2 groups?

The only people that the Palladinos would really have to worry about would be the people at Warner Studio (Peter Roth, etc) NOT the network.  And I don't think that they burnt bridges at the studio -- I think that the studio (which is NOT any part of the network, just a half-sibling of it) understands that the merger of the two networks gobsmacked everyone by being so secret and left a lot of people, not just the Palladinos, incredibly upset.  IMO, if the studio still wants to do business with them, then it would be just a matter of the studio getting both sides (including agents/managers) to the negotiating table again.  Amy even *mentioning* to the press that she's interested in a 2-hour movie is IMO an overture in that direction.

2. LG and AB have both used the same "spin" on the ending of the show.  It seems obvious that it was their part of the negotiations that broke down.  Everyone else seemed to believe that at least 8 episodes would be done.  My question is this:  Might the two ladies be disappointed/embarassed enough that they would want to just wash their hands of anymore shows/seasons/movies?  I am not trying to jinx anything (I am still e-mailing/calling/writing) but maybe the CW is NOT where any of the important people want to work again. 

Minor correction:  According to Ausiello, the contract that they agreed to in principle was 13-episodes, the contracts were delivered to them just waiting to be signed and returned.  THEN, according to an *unconfirmed rumor* one or the other or both of them came back with another offer of just 8 episodes, whcih wasn't economically worth it to The CW, which then, as we do know, withdrew from the negotiations.  To be perfectly honest, I don't care who's to blame for it -- I have my theories (one of them I explain below) and I have my feelings about such a turn of events if they turned out to be true, but I'm not going to voice those feelings here 'cause that's not what this forum is for, IMO.

Now, onto the spin about the ending of the show:  IMO, spin is spin because it's deliberately evasive.  That's not necessarily a good thing or a bad thing, it's just that the gals have their own reasons for being evasive.  But take into consideration the following:  read between the lines of Lauren's extensive interview with Ausiello at his Ausiello report blog:

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Lauren-Grahams-Final/800014383

Lauren talks so extensively that she can't hide her real feelings about the show ending.  The season wrap party didn't feel like a series wrap party, she talks passively about "the 13 episode thing," mostly in "we's" rather than "I's," she otherwise does her best to deflect attention away from Alexis, she talks about having to audition again for other projects -- no actor likes the prospect of auditioning, so IMO it's a key Freudian slip.  And to top it all off, she gave another key Freudian slip -- when she talked about the season wrap party not feeling like a series wrap party, she mentions that at the time there was a 50/50 chance of the show returning -- and *that* was in April. 

Parse it:  with those ratings -- #2 scripted show on the network, more than holding its own against Idol in target demos, where it was constantly #2 in target demos -- ratings and the network's feelings *couldn't* have been 50/50, so take them out of the equation -- that leaves only two people to fulfill that formula -- Lauren and Alexis.  Now, when she says that it didn't feel like a wrap party and it was only a month until the Upfronts at the time the season wrapped and it was only two and a half weeks later that The CW announced the show's cancellation, I think that Lauren reveals too much about her real feelings about the show by making these types of feelings known and burying them in the very type of spin you're talking about.  She's very Lorelai that way -- the more she talks about her feeling one way, the more the Freudian slips show to reveal how she really feels and IMO the easier she is to decode -- she more or less destroyed her "It was time" spin by not sticking to the script.  Thus, voila!  We have the real reason for the breakdown in the negotiations -- the other 50%.  (Do the math, her name is the same as the name of a character on Ugly Betty.)

Add to that now the enthusiasm she communicated to Ausiello about the prospect of doing a 2-hour movie of the show with Amy and Alexis's relative, shall we say, underwhelmingly evasive response and the actors' true feelings about continuing the show IMO are further revealed.

So the only other thing that I've got to say about whether or not the actresses are spinning is because, yes, it's embarrassing that because of the nature of negotiations collapsing, everyone knows through the application of Occam's Razor that they had to have had something to do with it -- but IMO, even in that context it's interesting that Lauren's the one that tries to talk around the situation so much and Alexis is the one that is keeping almost totally silent about it.  Usually the one that talks too much about it is the one who is upset and trying to conceal her true feelings under a Freudian-ly too-long attempt to spin while the one that's made her decision stays silent.

But really, even with all of that, there's one simple maxim that people in Hollywood live by:  they're only 100% sure until they change their mind and are 100% sure in the other direction.  Actors and writers and producers and networks *can* be persuaded to change their minds -- heck, Amy even floating the idea of a 2-hour movie shows that she's changed her mind to at least *some* extent about her feelings about the show after a year of being away from it. 

There's no reason to NOT believe that anyone who's mind is made up can't be prodded to change their minds.

Looking at the CW's schedule, it seems that they are "heck-bent" on destroying their own network!
Just some late night/early morning musings.........

Always a GG at heart!

Yep.  Too many reality shows in the fall is a tacit admission IMO that they know they've got a weak schedule.  There's a lot of talk about there potentially being a writers' strike in the fall, which may have affected the urgency with which the network wanted to pursue having even 13-episodes of the show -- and likely preferring to have them in the fall, which I think accounts for some frustration that certain network peeps have shown regarding the show.  But IMO, they should be worrying less -- they should just be getting the gals back to the negotiating table for a 13-episode season next spring, addressing their concerns about exhaustion and see if they can get something signed in the very near future, near enough that the season's scripts could be broken (mapped out) and well into being fully written by the time of the strike deadline.  There's every reason to believe that the strike will be shorter than everyone thinks, if it even happens at all, so IMO, it would be very easy for the writing of a season 8 to begin later in time for that shortened 13-episode season.

-- Rob

--------------------------
Season 8:  Because we need to know if Taylor got a traffic cam that actually works.
jesslover
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5664 on: May 30, 2007, 10:24:19 am »

I & Turkey  support gilmore girls season 8  Grin Wink Roll Eyes

LaughingGirl
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

.Laugh Out Loud.

View Profile
« Reply #5665 on: May 30, 2007, 10:25:59 am »

I'm new here and I just wanted to say that I support Season 8

.it wasn't a laugh, but merely a loud smile.
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #5666 on: May 30, 2007, 10:45:51 am »

Two reminders for those of you in the states before I update the FAQ:

1) Keep calling the CW comment line at 1-818-977-6878 (one call per person per day).

2) All six seasons of Gilmore Girls that are available on DVD are on sale at Best Buy for $19.99 apiece through this Saturday, June 2nd.  Run, don't walk to the store to complete your collection.   BTW, while I haven't seen the print ad, the website only lists season 6 at $19.99 until you click on the link to the item description and it has all of the seasons listed at $19.99 each -- and the website's weekly listings match those for what's actually on sale at the stores.

-- Rob

--------------------
Season 8:  Because it means more revenue for Warner Studios on all eight seasons by continuing with an eighth season rather than bring the sales of the DVDs to a screeching halt about a year after season 7 comes out on DVD.  I like Warner Studios.  I think they're ginchy, so I want them to make even more money off me.
copperboom21
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #5667 on: May 30, 2007, 01:30:43 pm »

Name: Stacey

Others in household:
Name: Cliff

*I don't live with my parents, but I know that my mom and my brother both love the show and they definitely want it back for an 8th season, so you can count them as well!
Name: Joy

Name: Rob

Thanks, this is a great idea!
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #5668 on: May 30, 2007, 01:48:41 pm »

Hey there, all you Greasers, it's time for Sha-Na-Na! all you Gilmore Geeks, it's time for another installment of . . .

Operation:  Daisy Duke!

Version 2.10 -- "Why Does Taylor Keep Injuring His Leg?"

MISSION STATEMENT:  Our overall goal with ODD is to send real daisies to everyone who could possibly be needed to get everyone back to the negotiating table in order to urge them to work one last time to revoke the cancellation of Gilmore Girls.

TODAY’S GOALS for “Operation: Daisy Duke” are:

A) To ask viewers everywhere to send daisies on their own to Dawn Ostroff, Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, Amy Sherman-Palladino and/or Pater Roth (President of Warner Television) at their office addresses. 

B) To max out The CW's viewer comment line by no later than 8pm ET / 5pm PT M-F, call 1-818-977-6878 as early as you can in the day, to lodge your complaint about the changes to The CW's fall schedule, about the cancellation of Gilmore Girls and the opportunity that shouldn't be missed to revive Gilmore Girls now that American Idol has broken itself by voting the real winner off in third place.  Although the goal is to max out the comment line, please do NOT call the line yourself more than once per day. [/u](Note:  I said once *per day,* not "once, period."  Wink ) Please get more and more people to call the comment line yourself.  The more people calling the better, the more repeat callers, the worse.  Feel free to mention where you're from, what CW station you watch, your age, how you feel about whatever happens to Veronica Mars and also about the terrible replacement for Gg in the 8pm Tuesday timeslot (HINT:  It's Beauty and the Geek, which is nothing more than the network conceding the timeslot to Fox.), etc.

C) To gently remind The CW and Lauren and Alexis that we think that virtually all of the show's complex storylines require one more season to be resolved.

Without further adieu, I present to you “Operation: Daisy Duke.”

1)  Why "Operation:  Daisy Duke"?  Because it just wouldn't be a Save Gilmore Girls campaign without a bizarro pop culture reference coming from left field.  The show has made some very amusing equations between Lorelai and the hottest Dukes cousin, including having Lorelai drive a jeep (just like Daisy did), having Lorelai wear Daisy Dukes to her meeting with Headmaster Charleston on Rory's first day at Chilton, because Stars Hollow is the set where Hazzard County used to exist and because the exterior of Lorelai's house is the exterior of Uncle Jesse's house.  And because the many ironies inherent in the show's premise strongly suggest that we'll have better luck than Max did with his daisies.

2) Besides the obvious reference to the episode "Love, Daisies and Troubadours," why daisies?  Because nationwide flower delivery is faster than snail mail at this point (ie: next-day delivery) and it's our "tobasco sauce" campaign without a chance of frightening the network in these post 9-11 days.

3) Yes, the series season finale has aired, but it's time to triple our resolve, not to give in! It's time to set up some infrastructure and dive into some serious save-the-show projects.  Lauren's exit interview with Michael Ausiello at TV Guide does NOT mean that all is lost -- she was taken aback by the abrupt cancellation of the series (no matter how much she tries to spin it) and moreover, nobody looks forward to auditions (as she mentioned to Ausiello that she's having to start doing), so Lauren even noting it is a cry for help.  Furthermore, Scott Patterson said in no uncertain terms in his exist interview with Ausiello that he is not happy with the way that the show ended.  MOREOVER, Kelly Bishop and Liza Weil both voiced their unhappiness with the abruptness of the show ending in a Washiington Post article posted on Tuesday, May 15th at
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/14/AR2007051401693.html (free and fast registration may be required.)  Encouragingly, Farscape got its four-hour miniseries LONG after the show was cancelled.  Firefly's "Serenity" epilogue was greenlit LONG after that show was cancelled -- and that became a theatrical movie.  Also, Amy Sherman-Palladino voiced interest in a 2-hour Gilmore Girls movie to Michael Ausiello at the recent Upfronts for Fox (where her new series is).  Not saying that Gg would go to the big screen, but the perseverance -- the hard work -- of these show's fandoms BEYOND their shows' so-called endings resulted in proper endings for those shows.  The sooner we voice our opinions, the sooner any sort of revival of the show gets made.

4)  Please send your daisies through your local florist.  There are many sources from your local florist to the internet through which you can send daisies to Ms. Ostroff.  Three of the biggest online alternatives include Teleflora, FTD.com and, 1-800-flowers.com, all of which operate national delivery services through local florists anyway.  Many of the online florists only promote $40 vase arrangements of daisies, which may be beyond a Gg fan's budget, but you can probably ask them to send a much cheaper bouquet of a dozen daisies if you ask them (Can't blame them for promoting the more expensive stuff).  A dozen daisies would likely come in a typical cellophane wrap if they're bought by the stem.  Order the daisies in the way that is best for you. 

5) Send yellow daisies ONLY because that's the color of Lorelai. 

6) Send your daisies to any or all of the following address: 

Ms. Dawn Ostroff, President of Entertainment
The CW Television Network
4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg 168
Burbank, CA 91522-0002

AND to at least Lauren and/or Alexis (especially Alexis) at the addresses of their management teams at:

Amy Sherman-Palladino
c/o Creative Artists Agency
2000 Avenue of the Stars
Los Angeles, CA 90067

Lauren Graham
c/o John Carrabino Management
100 North Crescent Dr.
G-400
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Alexis Bledel
c/o Flutie Entertainment
6500 Wilshire Blvd
Suite 2240
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Email:  Michael Flutie: [email protected]
Email:  Paul M. Brown:  [email protected]

Peter Roth
President, Warner Brothers Television
300 Television Plaza
Burbank, CA 91505

You can, of course, send small message cards with your bouquet.  The rule is this:  BE POLITE AND POSITIVE.  Do NOT write anything like "I hate you because you cancelled Gilmore Girls!" or "I'm sad that you cancelled Gimore Girls" or "I won't watch The CW ever again unless you uncancel Gilmore Girls."  I totally understand, respect and even share those feelings, but, after all, it's not something that Lorelai or Rory would do in this situation.  Instead, write something like "Please renew Gilmore Girls!" or "Please uncancel Gilmore Girls" and sign it with at least your name and address so that they know how far Gg's fanbase has spread throughout the country and the world.

7) DEADLINE: EVERYDAY is the official deadline. Any day that Daisies or letters or voicemails or email arrive ESPECIALLY because the Fall Schedule was announced at the Upfronts WILL still help!  They need the input about what you think about the fall schedule (and don't say, "It sucks because Gilmore Girls is not on it.")

Cool  There is no 8 yet.  That’s the whole point.   

9) Please post to this thread when you've sent a bouquet.  Even one hundred bouquets of just a dozen daisies sent to Ms. Ostroff will surpass the 1000 mark of daisies mentioned by Lorelai and increased by a factor of, oh, ten by Max at the end of LD&T and I am sure that we'll send a lot more than that.

10)  Please spread the word of "Operation:  Daisy Duke" around to other MBs and forums that have enthusiastic Gilmore supporters.  Some of the obvious boards are FanForum, the cwtv.com lounge, etc.  We don't want to annoy people, especially since there are people who post to multiple MBs.  But still, let us know which MBs it gets posted to and provide a link to this thread or to the Great 8 Mandate thread.  If you so desire, please copy this entire post to that forum.

11)  If you can't afford to send real daisies, then we have an alternative with the aid of Snail Mail:  Find a picture of a daisy, print and cut out lots of copies of them, send a dozen or two of them with your snail mail letter to the various contact addresses (Remember to BE POLITE).  And when I mean cut out a lot of copies of them, cut out individual squares or rectangles of the pictures, whatever shape the picture is -- cutting out the outline of the daisy over and over again would, of course, be Paris-level insane.  Enclose them in the letter when you fold it so that when the person has to open the letter, the paper daisies *have* to fall out.  One creative thing to put in the mix -- maybe sub out one of the daisies and insert a Great8 Mandate logo instead.

Let's spread the word!  "Operation:  Daisy Duke" continues!

-- Rob

PS:  The CW's comment line at 1-818-977-6878 is still open as of 4:45pm ET/1:45pm PT.  I know because I just got a message through.

---------------------------
Season 8:  Beacuse none of the viewership was happy with where *any* of the storylines finished, much less Lorelai and Luke's relationship was at the end of the series season finale (Sorry, Lauren, but you were wrong when talking to Michael Ausiello about thinking that we'd be happy with it.)  Thus, because those storylines remain unfinished, Lorelai and Rory's storyline, the main premise of the show, remains unfinished.  Even in terms of "open" endings the show remains thematically and structurally unjustified.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 01:50:45 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
gg4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 4

I Heart Rory

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5669 on: May 30, 2007, 05:37:06 pm »

teavee.com update!!

Current vote total is 87291. Rank is #5. (6381 away from #4 and 7644 ahead of #6)

How fast time flies!! It's almost the end of May!! With one day of voting left this month, Gilmore Girls is holding strong at #5 with over 87,000 votes!!  We finished last month at #7 with over 49,000 votes so we definitely did remarkably well this month!!  Thank you for all the fans who have showered our girls with votes this month and with one day left, please stop by and let everyone know how much this show has meant to you!!  Thank you Gilmore Girls for seven wonderful years and here's hoping we get another season and/or a TV movie!!  Go Gilmore Girls!!  Smiley

Here are the Top 10 TV shows at teavee.com as of 5/30/2007:
1. Veronica Mars
2. One Tree Hill
3. Stargate SG-1
4. JAG
5. Gilmore Girls
6. Xena: Warrior Princess
7. Grey's Anatomy
8. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
9. McLeod's Daughters
10. Supernatural

Vote for Gilmore Girls as your favorite show and let TV executives know what fans really care about!!  http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/

Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: