The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 12:36:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 372 373 [374] 375 376 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1765945 times)
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5595 on: May 27, 2007, 01:34:17 pm »

BTW, in case anyone was wondering what happened to my petition submission to petitiononline.com, I haven't heard anything back from them pertaining to its activation, so I've sent them an email asking them if it exists, if I've made an error, etc. and hope to hear back from them by, well, since it's Memorial Day weekend, Tuesday.

-- Rob

---------------------------
Season 8:  Because the Obama Campaign would be great publicity for the show (okay, and vice-versa.)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 01:38:02 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5596 on: May 27, 2007, 01:40:56 pm »

I just made a cover for "If I could Write" by Sam Phillips. (My English is not very good since it's my third language,so bear with me)
You can check it out by downloading it here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N41QSYQW

If people think it's fine I can do something with it and with the other covers I've made with the music played on the show and send something to ask for a Season 8.
If you don't like it at all, that's fine.I just thought I could help with one more thing.

See ya!

Leire
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 01:42:33 pm by KuKuLeNiLeNi » Logged

CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #5597 on: May 27, 2007, 02:55:32 pm »

I am currently sending every newspaper in Virginia and DC a letter telling them about the G8M.
Are we allowed to use the Press Release? Because that would really help.

love is blind so you didn't see me.
lizsh
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

Gilmore Girls Season 8!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5598 on: May 27, 2007, 02:57:55 pm »

Yes! Feel free to download the press release from:
http://www.esnips.com/web/G8M

Feel free to update or change it in anyway also.

HELP SAVE GILMORE GIRLS!!! Season 8!
Aussie GG Fan
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5599 on: May 27, 2007, 03:40:57 pm »

Name: Kelly Thomas

This is a great idea, keep it up!

Season 8: because i need to know what happens....
lizsh
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #5600 on: May 27, 2007, 04:16:19 pm »

Teavee.com Update:
Current vote total is 79359. Rank is #5. (4444 away from #4 and 6208 ahead of #6)
1. Veronica Mars
2. One Tree Hill
3. Stargate SG-1
4. JAG
5. Gilmore Girls
6. Xena: Warrior Princess
7. Grey's Anatomy
8. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
9. McLeod's Daughters
10. Supernatural

Savemyshow.com Results:
Yes     97 %   21733
No, Cancel It    3 %   613
I Don't Care Either Way    0 %   19

Great work everyone! We're almost at position 4 on teavee! Keep on voting, and if you don't currently, please consider logging on when you are surfing the web!

heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

View Profile
« Reply #5601 on: May 27, 2007, 05:30:07 pm »

Poster Project Update

I will be sending banners Tuesday to Lauren, Alexis and Dawn.  I will be sending a banner to Amy on Wednesday or Thursday evening. 

Here's what the cost is looking like ...

-Cost of poster tubes: $5.00 x 4: $20.00 total
-Cost to mail it:
       *OPTION A: Priority mail, 2-3 days (to arrive by Friday or Monday for the first three, to arrive by Wednesday for Amy's) -
       $8.00 per package x 4 = $32.00
       *OPTION B: Express overnight mail to arrive by Wednesday for the first three, by Friday for Amy's - $16.00 per package x 
       4 = $64.00

Total priority mail (2-3 days): $52.00
Total overnight shipping: $84.00

I have so far received about $40 of donations.  I am also chipping in $5 of my own money.  This is $45 total. 

I'm also going to be buying daisy stickers to cover the tubes in, paying for the digital tracking & signature return receipt (so we KNOW when it has been received and where it is in transit) and also the cost for the paper I'll be using in the poster printer.  (So really I'm chipping in about $30.)

So, what we have to decide here is: do we want to send the mail to the ladies at a slower, but cheaper pace OR do we want to send them at a faster, more expensive pace?  My feeling is that time is of the essence, here.  However, I will go with whatever you guys feel is most attainable.  Reasonably speaking, we're getting these posters done for cheap 'cause I'm making them myself with professional software, on a nice printer.  So the bottom line here is that if we want to do the faster one, that's great, but we need to fundraise about $40.00 -- but if everyone here chipped in one dollar, we'd make it.  Otherwise, we just need about $7 to cover the priority mail. 

I will give you guys updates later tonight, tomorrow in the morning and evening, and Tuesday around 9 a.m. and also again around 4 p.m. to let you know where we're at and what we'll be shipping.

I understand it's a really crunched economy so whatever you can come up with, we're totally grateful for. 

Finally, I'm going to be writing a letter on our stationary from all of us -- any names that I have for the press release at the point will be included in the signatures.  Which brings me to ...

The Press Release: Getting Your Name Out There!

At this point -- (as of 8:10 p.m. EST), we have (drumroll please ... ::: insert Lorelai helicopter noise here :Roll Eyes 64 names of people from this forum.  Including household members and friends ... we have 123!  This is wonderful and amazing -- but I KNOW there are more of you out there.  So keep 'em coming.

Deadline to turn in your name and info to be put in with the poster project letter:
Tuesday (5/29/07) morning, 9 a.m., EST

Deadline to turn in your name for the first set of press releases to be sent out (major dailies): Friday (6/1/07) morning, 11 a.m. EST

Deadline to turn in your name for second set or press release (local papers): Wednesday (6/6/07), 5:30 p.m. EST

Deadline to turn in your name to be sent to U.S. collegiate papers: Saturday (6/9/07), 9 a.m., EST

So everyone who has already turned in your name -- you're set.  Anyone who hasn't -- PM me, email me, post them here, send me a carrier pigeon, whatever it takes!  Smiley  I want to get as many names on this as possible. 

I would like to note that I do plan to get ALL the major dailies in the US with this.  Each state has 1-2 major daily papers.  Then I'll be hitting smaller papers -- but I won't be able to get them all since there are easily 1,000 in this country. 

What I WILL do is post a list of every paper I get them to and a link to somewhere where you can download the "media packet" which I will update weekly with new names and you can submit them to your local papers afterwards.  The same goes for collegiate papers -- I think it would be really interesting if we could get something in the REAL Yale Daily News.  I'm going to research where each character went to school, too, and send them press releases.  Otherwise, feel free to hit the colleges you know about!  Many college papers do print online news or smaller editions in their spring and summer semesters (my school does) and then they reuse some of that stuff in the fall. 

Now to the bottom line ...

I'll probably be mailling several dozen letters.  So ... again, if you're interested in contributing for stamp money (standard US 41-cent stamps), please feel free.  Anything you can donate -- even if it's just .41 cents -- is greatly appreciated it. 

Where to donate the moolah (money) to ...

[email protected] VIA PAYPAL
***Indicate in the message with it what you want the money to go to -- the Poster Project, the PR project or if you want a certain amount to go with both.*** I will let you know when we have enough, and if we have extra, I'm going to send more daisies!

Thanks everyone -- and ENJOY your holiday! Smiley
--Heather

« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 05:31:57 pm by heatherkilpatrick » Logged

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
Ann
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #5602 on: May 27, 2007, 05:33:32 pm »

hi, just catching up reading the messeages. great idea.

Name: Ann

Family that love gg's - my mother Jan - 63, my neices, 4,3, almost 2.

They absoutely love GG's everytime r up there and watching my DVD, they come in to watch, sing the song and dance. They love RORY, especially when she did her coming out, think that was season 2. they have watched that over and over.

Keep up the amazing work everyone.
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #5603 on: May 27, 2007, 05:39:21 pm »

Poster Project Update

I will be sending banners Tuesday to Lauren, Alexis and Dawn.  I will be sending a banner to Amy on Wednesday or Thursday evening. 

Here's what the cost is looking like ...

-Cost of poster tubes: $5.00 x 4: $20.00 total
-Cost to mail it:
       *OPTION A: Priority mail, 2-3 days (to arrive by Friday or Monday for the first three, to arrive by Wednesday for Amy's) -
       $8.00 per package x 4 = $32.00
       *OPTION B: Express overnight mail to arrive by Wednesday for the first three, by Friday for Amy's - $16.00 per package x 
       4 = $64.00

Total priority mail (2-3 days): $52.00
Total overnight shipping: $84.00

I have so far received about $40 of donations.  I am also chipping in $5 of my own money.  This is $45 total. 

I'm also going to be buying daisy stickers to cover the tubes in, paying for the digital tracking & signature return receipt (so we KNOW when it has been received and where it is in transit) and also the cost for the paper I'll be using in the poster printer.  (So really I'm chipping in about $30.)

So, what we have to decide here is: do we want to send the mail to the ladies at a slower, but cheaper pace OR do we want to send them at a faster, more expensive pace?  My feeling is that time is of the essence, here.  However, I will go with whatever you guys feel is most attainable.  Reasonably speaking, we're getting these posters done for cheap 'cause I'm making them myself with professional software, on a nice printer.  So the bottom line here is that if we want to do the faster one, that's great, but we need to fundraise about $40.00 -- but if everyone here chipped in one dollar, we'd make it.  Otherwise, we just need about $7 to cover the priority mail. 

I will give you guys updates later tonight, tomorrow in the morning and evening, and Tuesday around 9 a.m. and also again around 4 p.m. to let you know where we're at and what we'll be shipping.

I understand it's a really crunched economy so whatever you can come up with, we're totally grateful for. 

Finally, I'm going to be writing a letter on our stationary from all of us -- any names that I have for the press release at the point will be included in the signatures.  Which brings me to ...

The Press Release: Getting Your Name Out There!

At this point -- (as of 8:10 p.m. EST), we have (drumroll please ... ::: insert Lorelai helicopter noise here :Roll Eyes 64 names of people from this forum.  Including household members and friends ... we have 123!  This is wonderful and amazing -- but I KNOW there are more of you out there.  So keep 'em coming.

Deadline to turn in your name and info to be put in with the poster project letter:
Tuesday (5/29/07) morning, 9 a.m., EST

Deadline to turn in your name for the first set of press releases to be sent out (major dailies): Friday (6/1/07) morning, 11 a.m. EST

Deadline to turn in your name for second set or press release (local papers): Wednesday (6/6/07), 5:30 p.m. EST

Deadline to turn in your name to be sent to U.S. collegiate papers: Saturday (6/9/07), 9 a.m., EST

So everyone who has already turned in your name -- you're set.  Anyone who hasn't -- PM me, email me, post them here, send me a carrier pigeon, whatever it takes!  Smiley  I want to get as many names on this as possible. 

I would like to note that I do plan to get ALL the major dailies in the US with this.  Each state has 1-2 major daily papers.  Then I'll be hitting smaller papers -- but I won't be able to get them all since there are easily 1,000 in this country. 

What I WILL do is post a list of every paper I get them to and a link to somewhere where you can download the "media packet" which I will update weekly with new names and you can submit them to your local papers afterwards.  The same goes for collegiate papers -- I think it would be really interesting if we could get something in the REAL Yale Daily News.  I'm going to research where each character went to school, too, and send them press releases.  Otherwise, feel free to hit the colleges you know about!  Many college papers do print online news or smaller editions in their spring and summer semesters (my school does) and then they reuse some of that stuff in the fall. 

Now to the bottom line ...

I'll probably be mailling several dozen letters.  So ... again, if you're interested in contributing for stamp money (standard US 41-cent stamps), please feel free.  Anything you can donate -- even if it's just .41 cents -- is greatly appreciated it. 

Where to donate the moolah (money) to ...

[email protected] VIA PAYPAL
***Indicate in the message with it what you want the money to go to -- the Poster Project, the PR project or if you want a certain amount to go with both.*** I will let you know when we have enough, and if we have extra, I'm going to send more daisies!

Thanks everyone -- and ENJOY your holiday! Smiley
--Heather

I would just send it regular time.
We aren't really working towards a specific date anymore.

love is blind so you didn't see me.
lizsh
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #5604 on: May 27, 2007, 05:40:09 pm »

Heather: If I had any money to donate, I would... Smiley

Great job with the whole project: I'm really sure we could make a difference in their minds with this project! The thumbnails look great!

If you want me to send some of the local letters (I'm in NJ), let me know!
*pretty stick* for all of your great work!

heartbroken
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5605 on: May 27, 2007, 05:44:35 pm »

I myself was truly hurt when i heard the week before the show was to end that it was ending. My mother and i have trouble taking but the gilmore girls was our conversation piece, a common love we shared that we could talk about for an hour or more every week. I really cried when it ended. I was heartbroke, i mean i dont' have a exceptionally awesome life and my job is lacking but for one hour a week i was truly happy and it was the only day of the week i looked forward to, now i'm mad. I mean i guess i understand they had to cancel the show but, i dont' know i thought they'd give us some closure with luke and lorelai, i mean, even though they were acting it felt real to me the love she had for him throughout the entire shows time running.  Undecided , i guess i thought there would at least be another kid or a wedding or something more that would happen between them and now, i dont' know i feel like tv doesn't really have anything else truly great to offer us common lower class people. What do i know, i'm just a dedicated fan.
rory1027
Town Resident

Community Points: -9

View Profile
« Reply #5606 on: May 27, 2007, 06:39:14 pm »

I myself was truly hurt when i heard the week before the show was to end that it was ending. My mother and i have trouble taking but the gilmore girls was our conversation piece, a common love we shared that we could talk about for an hour or more every week. I really cried when it ended. I was heartbroke, i mean i dont' have a exceptionally awesome life and my job is lacking but for one hour a week i was truly happy and it was the only day of the week i looked forward to, now i'm mad. I mean i guess i understand they had to cancel the show but, i dont' know i thought they'd give us some closure with luke and lorelai, i mean, even though they were acting it felt real to me the love she had for him throughout the entire shows time running.  Undecided , i guess i thought there would at least be another kid or a wedding or something more that would happen between them and now, i dont' know i feel like tv doesn't really have anything else truly great to offer us common lower class people. What do i know, i'm just a dedicated fan.
i feel the same way Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

images06.alloy.com/.../1398/degr
karikrigsmann
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #5607 on: May 27, 2007, 07:24:12 pm »

Kari Jacob
Krisitansand, Norway

and my mother

Annsofi Jacob
Kristiansand, Norway

My 'step-mom'
Adele Ott
Bronx, New York
nevaeh11084
Town Troubadour

"I just...like to see you happy"

View Profile
« Reply #5608 on: May 27, 2007, 07:30:16 pm »

i am spending every free min this weekend writing letters! i made little thank you cards for the past tyrs of gilmore girls for lauren, dawn, alexis, scott and amy. if i havd a scanner i would scan them to show you they came out really good i baught a daisey flower stamp and a dragonfly whole punch and decarated the cards with that. i wanted to find little coffee cups stickers but i couldnt find them at michales or walmart.

"I just...like to see you happy"
<3 JavaJunkie
AvidGilmoreFans
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #5609 on: May 27, 2007, 07:36:58 pm »

hi, me and my sister finally decided to join! yay! Smiley
so yes,
name: kerry

name: laura

other family members who have come to like GG over the years or have given in to our rants and recent sadness:
Mary Ann 42
Julia 11
Sean 43
Kathleen48
Pages: 1 ... 372 373 [374] 375 376 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: