The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 08:02:36 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1734463 times)
MonicaKeller
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5535 on: May 26, 2007, 10:05:25 am »

Name: Monica Keller

ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5536 on: May 26, 2007, 10:53:53 am »

Preeeeeeesenting another installment of . . .

Operation:  Daisy Duke.

Version 2.08 -- "Lorelai is Living on Channel Z!"

MISSION STATEMENT:  Our overall goal with ODD is to send real daisies to everyone who could possibly be needed to get everyone back to the negotiating table in order to urge them to work one last time to revoke the cancellation of Gilmore Girls.

TODAY’S GOALS for “Operation: Daisy Duke” are:

A) To ask viewers everywhere to send daisies on their own to Dawn Ostroff, Lauren Graham and/or Alexis Bledel at their office addresses.  Details on format will be posted in today’s edition of the other Welcome FAQ dealing with the snail mail campaign later today.

B) To max out The CW's viewer comment line by no later than 8pm ET / 5pm PT M-F, call 1-818-977-6878 as early as you can in the day, to lodge your complaint about the changes to The CW's fall schedule, about the cancellation of Gilmore Girls and the opportunity that shouldn't be missed to revive Gilmore Girls now that American Idol has broken itself by voting the real winner off in third place.  Although the goal is to max out the comment line, please do NOT call the line yourself more than once per day -- please get more and more people to call it yourself.  The more people calling the better, the more repeat callers, the worse.  Feel free to mention where you're from, what CW station you watch, your age, how you feel about whatever happens to Veronica Mars and also about the terrible replacement for Gg in the 8pm Tuesday timeslot (HINT:  It's Beauty and the Geek, which is nothing more than the network conceding the timeslot to Fox.), etc.

Without further adieu, I present to you “Operation: Daisy Duke.”

1)  Why "Operation:  Daisy Duke"?  Because it just wouldn't be a Save Gilmore Girls campaign without a bizarro pop culture reference coming from left field.  The show has made some very amusing equations between Lorelai and the hottest Dukes cousin, including having Lorelai drive a jeep (just like Daisy did), having Lorelai wear Daisy Dukes to her meeting with Headmaster Charleston on Rory's first day at Chilton, because Stars Hollow is the set where Hazzard County used to exist and because the exterior of Lorelai's house is the exterior of Uncle Jesse's house.  And because the many ironies inherent in the show's premise strongly suggest that we'll have better luck than Max did with his daisies.

2) Besides the obvious reference to the episode "Love, Daisies and Troubadours," why daisies?  Because nationwide flower delivery is faster than snail mail at this point (ie: next-day delivery) and it's our "tobasco sauce" campaign without a chance of frightening the network in these post 9-11 days.

3) Yes, the series season finale has aired, but it's time to triple our resolve, not to give in! It's time to set up some infrastructure and dive into some serious save-the-show projects.  Lauren's exit interview with Michael Ausiello at TV Guide does NOT mean that all is lost -- she was taken aback by the abrupt cancellation of the series (no matter how much she tries to spin it) and moreover, nobody looks forward to auditions (as she mentioned to Ausiello that she's having to start doing), so Lauren even noting it is a cry for help.  Furthermore, Scott Patterson said in no uncertain terms in his exist interview with Ausiello that he is not happy with the way that the show ended.  MOREOVER, Kelly Bishop and Liza Weil both voiced their unhappiness with the abruptness of the show ending in a Washiington Post article posted on Tuesday, May 15th at
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/14/AR2007051401693.html (free and fast registration may be required.)  Encouragingly, Farscape got its four-hour miniseries LONG after the show was cancelled.  Firefly's "Serenity" epilogue was greenlit LONG after that show was cancelled -- and that became a theatrical movie.  NEW:  Also, Amy Sherman-Palladino voiced interest in a 2-hour Gilmore Girls movie to Michael Ausiello at the recent Upfronts for Fox (where her new series is).  Not saying that Gg would go to the big screen, but the perseverance -- the hard work -- of these show's fandoms BEYOND their shows' so-called endings resulted in proper endings for those shows.

4)  Please send your daisies through your local florist.  There are many sources from your local florist to the internet through which you can send daisies to Ms. Ostroff.  Three of the biggest online alternatives include Teleflora, FTD.com and, 1-800-flowers.com, all of which operate national delivery services through local florists anyway.  Many of the online florists only promote $40 vase arrangements of daisies, which may be beyond a Gg fan's budget, but you can probably ask them to send a much cheaper bouquet of a dozen daisies if you ask them (Can't blame them for promoting the more expensive stuff).  A dozen daisies would likely come in a typical cellophane wrap if they're bought by the stem.  Order the daisies in the way that is best for you. 

5) Send yellow daisies ONLY because that's the color of Lorelai. 

6) Send your daisies to Dawn Ostroff at the following address: 

Ms. Dawn Ostroff, President of Entertainment
The CW Television Network
4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg 168
Burbank, CA 91522-0002

AND to at least Lauren and/or Alexis (especially Alexis) at the addresses of their management teams at:

Amy Sherman-Palladino
c/o Creative Artists Agency
2000 Avenue of the Stars
Los Angeles, CA 90067

Lauren Graham
c/o John Carrabino Management
100 North Crescent Dr.
G-400
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Alexis Bledel
c/o Flutie Entertainment
6500 Wilshire Blvd
Suite 2240
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Email:  Michael Flutie: [email protected]
Email:  Paul M. Brown:  [email protected]

Another possible address to send daisies and/or snail mail to is:

Peter Roth
President, Warner Brothers Television
300 Television Plaza
Burbank, CA 91505

You can, of course, send small message cards with your bouquet.  The rule is this:  BE POLITE AND POSITIVE.  Do NOT write anything like "I hate you because you cancelled Gilmore Girls!" or "I'm sad that you cancelled Gimore Girls" or "I won't watch The CW ever again unless you uncancel Gilmore Girls."  I totally understand, respect and even share those feelings, but, after all, it's not something that Lorelai or Rory would do in this situation.  Instead, write something like "Please renew Gilmore Girls!" or "Please uncancel Gilmore Girls" and sign it with at least your name and address so that they know how far Gg's fanbase has spread throughout the country and the world.

7) DEADLINE: EVERYDAY is the official deadline. Any day that Daisies or letters or voicemails or email arrive ESPECIALLY because the Fall Schedule was announced at the Upfronts WILL still help!  They need the input about what you think about the fall schedule (and don't say, "It sucks because Gilmore Girls is not on it."

Cool  There is no 8 yet.  That’s the whole point.   

9) Please post to this thread when you've sent a bouquet.  Even one hundred bouquets of just a dozen daisies sent to Ms. Ostroff will surpass the 1000 mark of daisies mentioned by Lorelai and increased by a factor of, oh, ten by Max at the end of LD&T and I am sure that we'll send a lot more than that.

10)  Please spread the word of "Operation:  Daisy Duke" around to other MBs and forums that have enthusiastic Gilmore supporters.  Some of the obvious boards are FanForum, the cwtv.com lounge, etc.  We don't want to annoy people, especially since there are people who post to multiple MBs.  But still, let us know which MBs it gets posted to and provide a link to this thread or to the Great 8 Mandate thread.  If you so desire, please copy this entire post to that forum.

11)  If you can't afford to send real daisies, then we have an alternative with the aid of Snail Mail:  Find a picture of a daisy, print and cut out lots of copies of them, send a dozen or two of them with your snail mail letter to the various contact addresses (Remember to BE POLITE).  And when I mean cut out a lot of copies of them, cut out individual squares or rectangles of the pictures, whatever shape the picture is (cutting out the outline of the daisy over and over again would, of course, be Paris-level insane).  Enclose them in the letter when you fold it so that when the person has to open the letter, the paper daisies *have* to fall out.  One creative thing to put in the mix -- maybe sub out one of the daisies and insert a Great8 Mandate logo instead.

Let's spread the word!  "Operation:  Daisy Duke" continues!

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because Luke needs to update the menus.
Wonny
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #5537 on: May 26, 2007, 11:33:00 am »

However, I have said this before, and I'll say it again, Loralei and Rory are not the only "Gilmore Girls" and I think the show would do just fine without Rory and move onto other facets of the show and different "Gilmore" relationships.

I agree.   And the show wouldn't have to be Rory-less.  She could simply be on sometimes as a special guest since she's supposed to be far away working on the campaign anyway.   That would give Alexis time to do other things.  It would make perfect sense, because let's face it-  Rory wouldn't be able to spend a lot of time in Star's Hollow anyway.   

I think so, too. Than Alexis had time to do her thing. And it would be great if she had sometimes a guest role. And Maybe later in season 9 or 10 she will come back for a leading part. Grin.  THIS SHOW MUST GO ON!!!
Wonny
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #5538 on: May 26, 2007, 11:34:27 am »

I Tivo'd Letterman and Bledel and I was pretty disappointed with it.  First, there wasn't much said about GG.  She seemed very nervous when she first walked out (could be because that's who she is) and When Letterman asked her about the ending of GG, she said she was happy with the ending and that it was time.  Then he moved on to her recreational soccer team and then to Reed Fish movie.  I have to say, I thought the clip they showed of "I'm With Reed Fish" was horrible.  It looked like amateur and very bad acting.  I know you can only tell so much from clips, but geesh, you would think they would play something good to get the audience's attention and make them want to go see this.  It did not appeal to me, and I thought Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants was only "okay."  I have to admit, the only reason I even saw Sisterhood was because Alexis was in it.  I just don't see her going very far acting wise without Gilmore Girls.  I think GG was tailored around her acting skills.  It appears as though she has only one style of acting....which may be why she wants to get out and explore, maybe to work on expanding her skills, I don't know.  I was pretty disappointed with the interview and don't see her being very excited to ever come back to GG WHEN it does come back.  However, I have said this before, and I'll say it again, Loralei and Rory are not the only "Gilmore Girls" and I think the show would do just fine without Rory and move onto other facets of the show and different "Gilmore" relationships.

We need to keep working on the CW and ASP, as well as the rest of the cast of GG to let them know we will not go down without a fight...no matter how long it takes!

Thanks for the information Smiley
britni
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #5539 on: May 26, 2007, 12:35:39 pm »

Name: Britni Thomas

If you want closure to Gilmore Girls story, either by movie or a season 8 be sure to sign the petition at:
www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate

Also be sure to visit www.savethelorelais.org
Mrs.L.Danes
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

I'm in, I'm All in for Season 8!!

View Profile
« Reply #5540 on: May 26, 2007, 01:18:59 pm »

However, I have said this before, and I'll say it again, Loralei and Rory are not the only "Gilmore Girls" and I think the show would do just fine without Rory and move onto other facets of the show and different "Gilmore" relationships.

I agree.   And the show wouldn't have to be Rory-less.  She could simply be on sometimes as a special guest since she's supposed to be far away working on the campaign anyway.   That would give Alexis time to do other things.  It would make perfect sense, because let's face it-  Rory wouldn't be able to spend a lot of time in Star's Hollow anyway.   

Than Alexis had time to do her thing. And it would be great if she had sometimes a guest role. And Maybe later in season 9 or 10 she will come back for a leading part. Grin.  THIS SHOW MUST GO ON!!!

I agree.  Since Letterman, I have a whole new view of things.  I want Season 8, but would also be thrilled with 9,10...  If Lauren and the other actors are willing to do it.  But if Rory wants to try out the world because she started the show so young, and if she popped in for cameos only in a Season 8, that would be fine ( I could just watch the Lorelai Luke storyline All Day Long anyway!)  I think if Alexis gets out there, she may change her mind on full time work.  Since they removed Rory's love interest (kindof) she is open to all new storylines - the possibilities are endless!!    I do wish Amy would want to come back too.   

What if it was mostly one person who affected the decision for another season. Lauren said she would always back up Alexis.  If everyone else is in favor of continuing, you would hope that eventually everyone would see there are years of stories left for Stars Hollow and the Gilmore Girls.  If we keep on Mandating, those in charge, and many of the actors will hopefully see the worldwide interest in the show, the great potential in advertising dollars, and last but definitely not least all of the stories left to tell!

Debbie  :  I rambled on a bunch, but I know it makes sense in there somewhere!

TO THOSE WHO APPRECIATE
WISTERIA AND SUNSHINE
SMALL MEDIEVAL ITALIAN CASTLE
On the shores of the Mediterranean to
Be Let Furnished for the month of
April, Servants Remain
Mrs.L.Danes
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

I'm in, I'm All in for Season 8!!

View Profile
« Reply #5541 on: May 26, 2007, 01:28:38 pm »

By the way,  each time I call the numbers, I try to make my comment different, but I leave my name and city with my comment to show I exist.  Is it a problem if our comments get kind of similar?  Or do we really need to keep them unique?

Debbie

Debbie,

I try to hit a different point each time I call.  I focus on 2-3 things.  On the comment line, especially, it's important that you're really positive about things and cheery -- be forceful, but not crazy; well-spoken, but not saying too much.  People who are listening to the messages are not necessarily (and probably aren't) the execs at CW, but rather their assistants or interns or people they have to do that sort of thing.  So, if you sound repetitive or you jump right into the Gilmore Girls diabtribe, they could just hit "delete" before they've heard your main point.

I usually introduce myself, and for awhile, I was saying I was from Gilmoregirls.org, but now I usually call and begin with saying that I have a few concernsn about the fall schedule, the Upfronts, an interview I heard, etc., and then wrap that all into the Gilmore Girls.

Thanks for your info, too, I'll add you to the list.

Rob -- I'll put up a new post too, adding what I'm looking for.

And also, I hope you saw the stuff about the Poster Project.  I should be done with it by Tuesday.  It's just been a crazy week.  Undecided

Thanks for everything so far, everyone!

Thanks Heather!  I will organize my calls better.  I think I need to write down some points I need to remember, and check off different ones, so I don't repeat myself so much.

Debbie  Shocked)

TO THOSE WHO APPRECIATE
WISTERIA AND SUNSHINE
SMALL MEDIEVAL ITALIAN CASTLE
On the shores of the Mediterranean to
Be Let Furnished for the month of
April, Servants Remain
TimK
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5542 on: May 26, 2007, 01:33:20 pm »

Can anyone tell me what David Letterman asked  Alexis and what she said?

I posted the video on my website: http://gilmore-ism.com/node/699

-TimK

divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5543 on: May 26, 2007, 02:40:12 pm »

Hi Mandaters Smiley

@Heather: First of all, I love the card you created!! It really shows that you put lots of effort & thoughts in it - and it shows your creativity Wink
I also like the idea with the list of the participants - I think it will give us a great idea of how many people are actually supporting the G8M. Please add me to the list too:

Name:      Pamela Bischof

The only one in our household who shares my passion for GG is my little sister Melanie (8 yrs) - when I told her about the announcement that GG has been cancelled she said that she is going to cry so much when it's over (she hasn't seen s7 so far) - made me a little sad when she said that  Embarrassed

Thanks britni for posting the link - I went over there immediately and left a comment. I hope people actually read the comments everywhere - so that we don't post everywhere to no purpose  Undecided

Keep mandating everyone!! It's just to soon to give up  Grin

ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5544 on: May 26, 2007, 03:00:17 pm »

Hey, this URL was posted earlier, it's for a blog called "The Source" at one of the CW's affiliates that asks how much you're interested in seeing a 2-hour movie for Gg now that Amy has voiced interested in doing one to TV Guide's Michael Ausiello.

http://blogs.trb.com/network/cwsource/2007/05/rumorville_a_gilmore_girls_tv.html

Go there and see me appear to break one of my own letter-writing rules -- Be Brief! -- except that, for me, that is brief.   Grin

If there's popular demand, I might even cross-post it here.

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because, like Lorelai, I can ramble on for waaaaaaaaaay longer than is, like, comfortable.
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

View Profile
« Reply #5545 on: May 26, 2007, 03:03:46 pm »

Get your name out there!

Hey there guys -- as of 6 p.m. EST, I have 23 names (including mine) on the list.  That does not include household members.  I list household members with the person who gave me their info.

That being said ... I KNOW there are more than 23 of us!  So please, lurkers, supporters, all mandaters, newbies, oldbies, Gilmore fans of all ages -- get your name on this list!  It's going to be very important when I start sending out the PR to major dailies and small local papers that they see that there is someone from within their community who is a part of this.  We need to show that the Great8Mandate and the Gilmore trend is covering the nation!  And I know that in 9,406 members, there HAVE to be people form all states and all countries!

I want to give a special thanks to all the world-wide, international Gilmore Girls fan for jumping on the train!  I love that half the people I have on my list right now are an ocean away but so incredibly dedicated to Gilmore Girls!

Fill that comment line, folks!  Smiley

Peace, love and Gilmore Girls,
--Heather

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
Imawl4GG
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #5546 on: May 26, 2007, 03:11:38 pm »

Name: Jane Weber
Any members of your household interested in a season 8, and their ages: Delia Weber, 10 and Siobhan Weber, 44
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

View Profile
« Reply #5547 on: May 26, 2007, 03:15:48 pm »

I too have followed Rob's example and posted on the CW blog about the 2-hour movie.

I encourage all of you to go out there -- a 2-hour movie would be great, but a season 8 needs to come first.  The fans deserve it and the CW shouldn't be biting the hand that feeds it!

Here's what I wrote, just so you can see - it's not posted yet (blog owner approval?) but, hopefully it will be soon.

A movie by the Palladinos is a great idea -- but it is a far-away solution to a very current problem: the CW has let Gilmore Girls slip through its fingers, rendering it a network with no real family dramas to speak of.

A movie by the Palladinos is wonderful -- but it doesn't solve this issue at hand. You have an incredibly strong Gilmore Girls fan-base NOW that you may not have in two or three years.

There is huge potential for a season 8 -- season 7 was just starting to get on the right track and it felt like the new management was starting to get the swing of things. That said, CONSIDER YOUR FANS, CW Network. Don't bite the hand that feeds you -- because you've got millions of people WORLDWIDE who's lives stop on Tuesday evenings for Gilmore Girls and who will continue to feed your growing network.

In an episode of Gilmore Girls -- episode 6.05 "We've Got Magic to Do" -- Rory is throwing a DAR benefit dinner for the troops. The theme is the USO. And of course, after all her careful planning and selling the event out, Shira and Mitchum Huntzberger arrive on the scene wanting a table, even though they didn't RSVP. Rory sticks them at the slush table -- when Emily finds out, she says that she must rectify it. Even though the slush table is certainly for people who do show up late, you don't slush people like the Huntzbergers -- and if she doesn't correct it, "It may be the only thing people remember from this otherwise wondeful event."

The CW is still new. This is it's first season in TV land. There were some good things -- there were some not so good things. But if you let Gilmore Girls slip into oblivion (following its other family dramss, 7th Heaven, Everwood and now possibly Veronica Mars) it may be the one thing that everyone remembers about a network that could've had the potential for greatness.

That said ... a movie will be great. But let's focus on the necessity in front of us: Season 8 is a must!

--Heather K.
Great8Mandate participant
(Visit www.gilmoregirls.org to get involved! Your opinion can make a difference!)

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
melasaurus
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5548 on: May 26, 2007, 03:21:05 pm »

Name: Melanie Hudson
Any members of your household interested in a season 8, and their ages: Brooke Hudson, 6
yelnatslp
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #5549 on: May 26, 2007, 03:51:10 pm »

Name: Samantha Stanley
Location (city and state, or country as the case may be): Lincoln Park, MI
Any members of your household interested in a season 8, and their ages: Diane (36), Gene (39), Jacob (12)
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: