The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 08:34:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1729893 times)
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5520 on: May 26, 2007, 12:18:27 am »

Interesting.  As of sometime today, the Jeep has been pulled from its eBay listing.  As in the notice says that the listing was cancelled.

-- Rob

-----------------------
Season 8:  Because Bruce the midwife is a woman.
Wonny
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #5521 on: May 26, 2007, 01:01:46 am »

Interesting.  As of sometime today, the Jeep has been pulled from its eBay listing.  As in the notice says that the listing was cancelled.

-- Rob

-----------------------
Season 8:  Because Bruce the midwife is a woman.

Can anyone tell me what David Letterman asked  Alexis and what she said?
Iīm from Germany, so I couldnīt see it. Smiley
tsmurphygirl
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #5522 on: May 26, 2007, 04:16:36 am »

I Tivo'd Letterman and Bledel and I was pretty disappointed with it.  First, there wasn't much said about GG.  She seemed very nervous when she first walked out (could be because that's who she is) and When Letterman asked her about the ending of GG, she said she was happy with the ending and that it was time.  Then he moved on to her recreational soccer team and then to Reed Fish movie.  I have to say, I thought the clip they showed of "I'm With Reed Fish" was horrible.  It looked like amateur and very bad acting.  I know you can only tell so much from clips, but geesh, you would think they would play something good to get the audience's attention and make them want to go see this.  It did not appeal to me, and I thought Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants was only "okay."  I have to admit, the only reason I even saw Sisterhood was because Alexis was in it.  I just don't see her going very far acting wise without Gilmore Girls.  I think GG was tailored around her acting skills.  It appears as though she has only one style of acting....which may be why she wants to get out and explore, maybe to work on expanding her skills, I don't know.  I was pretty disappointed with the interview and don't see her being very excited to ever come back to GG WHEN it does come back.  However, I have said this before, and I'll say it again, Loralei and Rory are not the only "Gilmore Girls" and I think the show would do just fine without Rory and move onto other facets of the show and different "Gilmore" relationships.

We need to keep working on the CW and ASP, as well as the rest of the cast of GG to let them know we will not go down without a fight...no matter how long it takes!
kamakazedeer
Diner Owner

Community Points: 71

Emily Gilmore Life Ruiner- she ruins peoples lives

View Profile
« Reply #5523 on: May 26, 2007, 06:01:57 am »

"Im Reed Fish" is actually suppose to be quite good. Its an independent film so yeah it is a little "amateurish", but its getting some buzz. As for Alexis' acting skills, she has none to speak of really, she plays the same character over and over again.

I  However, I have said this before, and I'll say it again, Loralei and Rory are not the only "Gilmore Girls" and I think the show would do just fine without Rory and move onto other facets of the show and different "Gilmore" relationships.

I would never watch the show w/o Rory. Her relationship with Lorelai is the foundation of the show. A Rory-less Gilmore Girls!! they'd be jumping the shark...again! I mean, after Richie Cunningham moved away who really liked Happy Days any more? Or when Eric Foreman went to Africa, was that 70s show the same?

LitLover
Diner Regular

Community Points: 263

My name is Sharon, and I'm a Gilmore-holic. ;)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5524 on: May 26, 2007, 06:21:28 am »

I would never watch the show w/o Rory. Her relationship with Lorelai is the foundation of the show. A Rory-less Gilmore Girls!! they'd be jumping the shark...again! I mean, after Richie Cunningham moved away who really liked Happy Days any more? Or when Eric Foreman went to Africa, was that 70s show the same?

Exactly!  It would be like those, only twice as bad!  At least they had more than two "main" characters...it would be like losing half the show!

As for Alexis's acting in I'm Reed Fish, from as much as I've seen of it, it looked like she was supposed to be like that.  It looked to me like one of those stupid/funny movies that have a "serious" twist to them, -- Employee of the Month, for example -- where every character is melodramatic in their own way.   

Just my thoughts.  Smiley  Keep up the great Mandating, everyone!

((Literati((JavaJunkie((Foodie((M.M.M.((Spree 
Literati factoid/Google queen! Wink
But Pri is awesome-est to infinity! 
Reading is sexy!
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #5525 on: May 26, 2007, 06:50:32 am »

Name: Kelly Callahan

love is blind so you didn't see me.
Mak
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #5526 on: May 26, 2007, 07:08:36 am »

Name: Marie De Schepper

@britni: thanks for posting that link, wouldn't have known about it if you hadn't!
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

View Profile
« Reply #5527 on: May 26, 2007, 07:39:01 am »

Morning mandaters! Smiley

I just wanted to say we've already gotten an AMAZING turnout for the Mandate Fan List!  Overnight, I received 12 so far.

Remember, I'm looking for any and all supporters of the Mandate!  Tell you're friends who are interested to join Gilmoregirls.org -- it is free, afterall.

Lurkers ...   PLEASE feel free to e-mail, PM, or post your info here.  Just because you lurk doesn't mean your support isn't valued and I want to be able to account for EVERYONE, when I submit the demographical statistics about the Great8Manda, with the previously (and wonderfully written) press release -- who did that again?

Thanks all -- keep 'em coming!  I don't mind a full mail or PM box!

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

View Profile
« Reply #5528 on: May 26, 2007, 07:41:48 am »

Teavee.com Results:
Current vote total is 74197. Rank is #5. (2398 away from #4 and 5064 ahead of #6)
1. Veronica Mars
2. One Tree Hill
3. Stargate SG-1
4. JAG
5. Gilmore Girls
6. Xena: Warrior Princess
7. Grey's Anatomy
8. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
9. McLeod's Daughters
10. Supernatural

Savemyshow.com Results:
Yes     97 %   21550
No, Cancel It     3 %      613
I Don't Care Either Way    0 %   19

Just another reminder: You can find the press release about the G8M at:
http://www.esnips.com/web/G8M

Liszh, did you write the press release?  'Cause it's really well done.  If you didn't, I'd like to know who did! Smiley  Thanks!

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
sugarbell23
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5529 on: May 26, 2007, 07:42:55 am »

Name Heather Barker
Location Opelika, Alabama
Age 29

its just too soon
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5530 on: May 26, 2007, 08:50:32 am »

Hey all- I'm interested in the press release although my focus has quite shifted. I have been very the last few days starting my family business, but I'll get to that. Alexis' Letterma appearence was the final interview I needed to hear to feel at peace with things. First, my disclaimer: I 100% support the Mandate still, because I still believe that GG is still the best show on television with a multitude of storylines, etc.... However, I would be more interested at this point in plugging a future 'reunion' movie because A) Lauren hopefully (finally!) going to get her dues and be a huge star that GG is over and Even Almighty is coming out; B) Alexis grew up on the show is and ready to do other things, and bless her, she deserves that; and D) the writing team did nicely wrap up our favorites ladies lives and I can certainly enjoy where the story ended- this show, as well as the connections I've made with a friend here at this site have changed MY LIFE so I'm all set! and then... D) I'm so disgusted with how the CW handled the whole thing with the cancelation and the promo and Dawn Ostroff's comments that I don't even want to tune my tv on channel 56 ever again, like its tainted, so I'm just FINI......

Instead... I've started a family business making customized "life's journey" quilts, and I was thinking of making a personalized Gilmore Girls one to send or if that's just too stalker-ish, like if LG would care enough- none my friends like show as much as me....lol....

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5531 on: May 26, 2007, 09:02:32 am »

Hey all- I'm interested in the press release although my focus has quite shifted. I have been very the last few days starting my family business, but I'll get to that. Alexis' Letterma appearence was the final interview I needed to hear to feel at peace with things. First, my disclaimer: I 100% support the Mandate still, because I still believe that GG is still the best show on television with a multitude of storylines, etc.... However, I would be more interested at this point in plugging a future 'reunion' movie because A) Lauren hopefully (finally!) going to get her dues and be a huge star that GG is over and Even Almighty is coming out; B) Alexis grew up on the show is and ready to do other things, and bless her, she deserves that; and D) the writing team did nicely wrap up our favorites ladies lives and I can certainly enjoy where the story ended- this show, as well as the connections I've made with a friend here at this site have changed MY LIFE so I'm all set! and then... D) I'm so disgusted with how the CW handled the whole thing with the cancelation and the promo and Dawn Ostroff's comments that I don't even want to tune my tv on channel 56 ever again, like its tainted, so I'm just FINI......

I've been busy starting a family business making customized "life's journey" quilts, and I was thinking of making a personalized Gilmore Girls one to send or if that's just too stalker-ish, like if LG would care enough- none my friends like show as much as me....lol....

I already have the quilt made in my mind... maye I'll just make it for myself...hmmm... but anyone who came over and saw it would think that I was crazzzzyyyyyyy! Nod

(oh no, I star  posted- can I go back and "merge" those two?)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 09:04:29 am by neverapuff » Logged

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #5532 on: May 26, 2007, 09:14:55 am »

However, I have said this before, and I'll say it again, Loralei and Rory are not the only "Gilmore Girls" and I think the show would do just fine without Rory and move onto other facets of the show and different "Gilmore" relationships.

I agree.   And the show wouldn't have to be Rory-less.  She could simply be on sometimes as a special guest since she's supposed to be far away working on the campaign anyway.   That would give Alexis time to do other things.  It would make perfect sense, because let's face it-  Rory wouldn't be able to spend a lot of time in Star's Hollow anyway.   
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 09:23:17 am by ChocolatGilmore » Logged

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
gg4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 4

I Heart Rory

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5533 on: May 26, 2007, 09:30:33 am »

teavee.com update!!

Current vote total is 76193. Rank is #5. (2261 away from #4 and 5652 ahead of #6)

Gilmore Girls in the Top 5 and we're closing in to #4!! We finished at #7 last month with over 49,000 votes so we're even doing better this month!! Thanks everybody for supporting our girls!! Six days of voting left this month and let's shower our girls with lots of votes these last few days and express your love for our show there as well!! Hope you have a Happy and Safe Memorial Day weekend!! Go Gilmore Girls!! Smiley 

Vote for Gilmore Girls as your favorite show and let TV executives know what fans really care about!!   http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/

gg4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 4

I Heart Rory

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5534 on: May 26, 2007, 09:36:02 am »

Here are the Top 10 TV shows at teavee.com as of 5/26/2007:

1. One Tree Hill
2. Veronica Mars
3. Stargate SG-1
4. JAG
5. Gilmore Girls
6. Xena: Warrior Princess
7. Grey's Anatomy
8. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
9. McLeod's Daughters
10. Supernatural

Vote for Gilmore Girls as your favorite show and let TV executives know what fans really care about!!  http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/

Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: