The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 02:40:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1762966 times)
theladyjedi
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #5505 on: May 25, 2007, 06:42:07 pm »

How long to continue? It seems to me that we may have to keep up strong efforts continually until the new TV season begins and the terrible new shows and schedule fail. Then should be a perfect opportunity for Gilmore Girls to come to the rescue.
              Darlene    theladyjedi
go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #5506 on: May 25, 2007, 07:07:12 pm »

How long to continue? It seems to me that we may have to keep up strong efforts continually until the new TV season begins and the terrible new shows and schedule fail. Then should be a perfect opportunity for Gilmore Girls to come to the rescue.
              Darlene    theladyjedi

Yea and The CW is going to need resuing cause their new fall schedule is terrible! They will be begging for Gilmore Girls to save them! Wink

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
britni
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #5507 on: May 25, 2007, 07:52:59 pm »

This may have already been posted, but in case not I thought I would tell you guys about it. The CW is asking if people if they would tune in, in a couple of years to watch a GG movie. There are really not that many comments, so I thought you guys could all start comenting. You could comment about a season 8 or the movie, I just think their shoud be as many people saying good things about the show as possible. anyway heres the link:
http://weblogs.wgntv.com/network/cwsource/2007/05/rumorville_a_gilmore_girls_tv.html

If you want closure to Gilmore Girls story, either by movie or a season 8 be sure to sign the petition at:
www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate

Also be sure to visit www.savethelorelais.org
go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #5508 on: May 25, 2007, 08:04:01 pm »

This may have already been posted, but in case not I thought I would tell you guys about it. The CW is asking if people if they would tune in, in a couple of years to watch a GG movie. There are really not that many comments, so I thought you guys could all start comenting. You could comment about a season 8 or the movie, I just think their shoud be as many people saying good things about the show as possible. anyway heres the link:
http://weblogs.wgntv.com/network/cwsource/2007/05/rumorville_a_gilmore_girls_tv.html

Thank you so much for posting this!! I hadn't seen it yet! I just commented, I hope that post gets loooots of comments!! Post comments y'all!

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
Mrs.L.Danes
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

I'm in, I'm All in for Season 8!!

View Profile
« Reply #5509 on: May 25, 2007, 08:24:29 pm »

I have been having trouble voting on TeaVee.Com cause my computer is just too slow, so I was reading the Great8Mandate posts and read the great idea of Daisy Cards!!!!  Daisy confetti, Daisys from magazine pictures, Daisy shaped letters and envelopes, I think I will check online for a great shape to make letters and envelopes from.  Like maybe a daisy card and envelope the size of a maximum size birthday card envelope, like about 6 x 8 or 8 x 8 inches.

Then I just went to CW lounge and at first I couldn't find many Gilmore Girl posts, but I was on the wrong page - the main page, cause then I went to the Gilmore Girls forum and there are 566 pages of Gilmore Girls love and support.   One of my favorite threads is: "List your Favorite Memorable Gilmore Girls quotes."  

Well, I am headed off to look at daisy pictures, and I will send out all new letters tomorrow on daisy cards with some daisy confetti in them.

Thanks for being there everyone with all your great ideas!  

Debbie

TO THOSE WHO APPRECIATE
WISTERIA AND SUNSHINE
SMALL MEDIEVAL ITALIAN CASTLE
On the shores of the Mediterranean to
Be Let Furnished for the month of
April, Servants Remain
amanda elise20
Town Resident

Community Points: 5

Oy with the poodles already.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5510 on: May 25, 2007, 09:44:19 pm »

I just caught Alexis on Letterman and she is so, vague, she was of no help to us whatsoever!

----Java Junkie---Headliner---Foodie----
*amanda elise*

*F*A*I*T*H*

sig made by sooks... thanks!
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

View Profile
« Reply #5511 on: May 25, 2007, 10:00:46 pm »

Hey everyone,

Just a few things ...

1.) While the concept of a 2-hour Gilmore movie to wrap things up is certainly better than nothing, let's not lose sight of our goal -- keep campaigning for that season 8.  Remember, we're trying to sell our case here and we're not quite ready to haggle yet.  Let's keep shooting for the moon, for season 8.  Even though I think we'd ALL agree that that 2-hour movie in a few years is a decent idea, we all also know that it's just the CW's way of trying to shut us up and keep us quiet so we'll forget about their mistake and move on, and then they could totally scratch the idea later on.  Let's keep pushing -- we are Lorelais!  We will not be denied!

2.) I've made some cards ... here are the thumbnails.

Front:

Inside (the portion above Ms. Ostroff's name is the top half of the inside):

Back:

Envelope (flap part, not the address part):

These cards are hand made, the daisies, all the hearts and some of the text are embossed (upraised, with glitter and embossing powder, then cured).  I think that hand-made cards say a lot, even if you're not an artist -- again, it takes more time to do something like that, so it speaks volumes.  I can make a few extras of these cards and send them to people if they like.  Each one takes me about 1/2 an hour, so I could only do a few extras (I've already done five -- Ms. Ostroff, Lauren, Alexis, Scott, Amy).  The phrases on the outside vary for Amy and Scott, but this gives you the very basic picture.  The cards are actually ivory, not white, as are the envelopes. 

3.) Poster project stuff -- I was not able to get out to my office tonight to send you guys the thumbnails -- I apologize.  My grandpa has been in an out of the hospital and nursing homes with dementia and other maladies, and we've just found out he's not going to be able to live in his apartment anymore, he's too forgetful now to take care of himself, so I was touring places for him to live this evening with my dad.  I WILL get those thumbnails out ASAP, again with the prospect being to send Tuesday.

Have a wonderful holiday -- and keep mandating!

Season 8 is our goal ... let's not settle for anything less than the best!

--Heather

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
Nvr2old4GG
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #5512 on: May 25, 2007, 10:12:24 pm »

Hello!
I just watched "Letterman" with Alexis Bledel.  I found it so positive that Gilmore Girls was the very first thing he asked her about....I think the CBS mailbag must have had more than a few comments about Alexis and the show.  She didn't bad-mouth the show at all...just said 7 years was long enough, that she grew up on the show.  She said she was pleased with the ending but we must all realize that she has closed ranks with Lauren Graham and that neither one wants to bite that Hollywood hand that feeds them.  I can understand why Alexis and Lauren would like to test the waters with other projects and possibly have a life. She has started a soccer team for those that aren't aware.  There again, she admitted that she has never been very athletic!!(Alexis as Rory or Rory as Alexis?Huh)  Hmmmm, AS-P seems to have had an  "art imitates life" situation!!  I would have to say that her character in the clip for "I AM REED FISH," shown tonight, is extremely reminicent of "Rory Gilmore!"

On a slightly different topic, AS-P mentioned in the December 2006 interview with Michael Ausiello, that she and husband Dan had asked for a TWO YEAR CONTRACT so they could just focus the creative end of the show.  That was last Jan.- February.  A TWO YEAR CONTRACT would have given the series 8 YEARS!!  One more than she originally planned.  When asked about Lauren and Alexis having just a year (or one more year on their contracts), she said she thought that they would be willing renew to go an 8th year.   So, I  definitely think that SHE is the biggest part of the KEY to getting 8/13 episodes or the 2 hour movie.  I am not giving up......I just posted on that CW rumor website....bring back the girls...sooner rather than later!!!
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #5513 on: May 25, 2007, 10:37:07 pm »

Memorial Day Weekend Phone Calling

We are gaining a lot of ground, I think with the 2-hour movie -- but I think that with a little more work we can get our season.  Clearly, Amy had plans for a full eight seasons or she wouldn't have wanted that contract.

That said, let's make this a very MEMORABLE Memorial Day weekend for the CW execs and keep calling those phone lines!  We have a nice long weekend to make sure they return to work Tuesday with hundreds of messages to listen to!

CW Comment Line number: 1-818-977-6878
Paul Macguire, VP in charge of Publicity/Media Relations: 1-818-977-0040

Question about the press releases ... (can't remember who wrote them)
This is very cool and very well done.  Is it okay if I start sending these out to papers (local and larger)?  Additionally, Rob and Heidi -- if I am able to send these out to papers (I have some connections in the newspaper biz since I was once a journalism major), would you like me to put your numbers and email contacts on it so you can be contacted if for some reason a paper DOES want to pick if up and would like to talk to a representative? 

It might be cool if we could compile a list of everyone who participates here and where they're from, to give them an idea of how many demographics the Great8Mandate represents.

(Sorry I'm wordy tonight guys ... I'm a certifiable insomniac, and I get my ideas at night ...)

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
Mrs.L.Danes
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

I'm in, I'm All in for Season 8!!

View Profile
« Reply #5514 on: May 25, 2007, 10:51:32 pm »

I found beautiful daisy pictures when I googled daisy pics.  I will create my cards using these,  (painting my version on the card, and I am going to print and cut bunches to put in the cards) and I want to figure out an envelope in shape of daisy. I will either paint my daisy pics in water color or acrylic.

Your card and envelope look great HeatherKilpatrick!  Thanks for sending out those pictures!

I am on West Coast, so I still have an hour I think till Letterman.

Debbie

TO THOSE WHO APPRECIATE
WISTERIA AND SUNSHINE
SMALL MEDIEVAL ITALIAN CASTLE
On the shores of the Mediterranean to
Be Let Furnished for the month of
April, Servants Remain
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5515 on: May 25, 2007, 10:57:40 pm »

Memorial Day Weekend Phone Calling

We are gaining a lot of ground, I think with the 2-hour movie -- but I think that with a little more work we can get our season.  Clearly, Amy had plans for a full eight seasons or she wouldn't have wanted that contract.

That said, let's make this a very MEMORABLE Memorial Day weekend for the CW execs and keep calling those phone lines!  We have a nice long weekend to make sure they return to work Tuesday with hundreds of messages to listen to!

CW Comment Line number: 1-818-977-6878
Paul Macguire, VP in charge of Publicity/Media Relations: 1-818-977-0040

Question about the press releases ... (can't remember who wrote them)
This is very cool and very well done.  Is it okay if I start sending these out to papers (local and larger)?  Additionally, Rob and Heidi -- if I am able to send these out to papers (I have some connections in the newspaper biz since I was once a journalism major), would you like me to put your numbers and email contacts on it so you can be contacted if for some reason a paper DOES want to pick if up and would like to talk to a representative? 

Yes.  I'll PM you with my cell-phone number and email.

It might be cool if we could compile a list of everyone who participates here and where they're from, to give them an idea of how many demographics the Great8Mandate represents.

Absolutely, yes, great idea.

Rob Jensen
* Which means I'm part of the coveted A18-49 demographic
*  and the coveted, hard-to-reach MALE 18-49 demographic
*  and the coveted, hard-to-reach STRAIGHT MALE 18-49 demographic
*  and the well, I hope coveted,*easy* to reach STRAIGHT MALE LAUREN GRAHAM FAN demographic.  Smitten
City/State:  California, MO (yes, the town is California, Missouri -- kinda like having two first names)
Local CW Affiliate:  I have no local CW station, so I subscribe to DishTV's Superstations package and watch through WPIX and KTLA.

(Sorry I'm wordy tonight guys ... I'm a certifiable insomniac, and I get my ideas at night ...)

Don't worry -- I too am an insomniac and you're nowhere near as wordy as I am.   Tongue

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because Entertainment Weekly grossly misrepresented Gilmore Girls' ratings in the new issue.  (I'll explain why in another post.)
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #5516 on: May 25, 2007, 11:45:37 pm »

I'm in San Diego, Ca. I'm 53 yrs old.  So I am part of the very coveted 50 - 149 demographic!

By the way,  each time I call the numbers, I try to make my comment different, but I leave my name and city with my comment to show I exist.  Is it a problem if our comments get kind of similar?  Or do we really need to keep them unique?

Debbie

Debbie,

I try to hit a different point each time I call.  I focus on 2-3 things.  On the comment line, especially, it's important that you're really positive about things and cheery -- be forceful, but not crazy; well-spoken, but not saying too much.  People who are listening to the messages are not necessarily (and probably aren't) the execs at CW, but rather their assistants or interns or people they have to do that sort of thing.  So, if you sound repetitive or you jump right into the Gilmore Girls diabtribe, they could just hit "delete" before they've heard your main point.

I usually introduce myself, and for awhile, I was saying I was from Gilmoregirls.org, but now I usually call and begin with saying that I have a few concernsn about the fall schedule, the Upfronts, an interview I heard, etc., and then wrap that all into the Gilmore Girls.

Thanks for your info, too, I'll add you to the list.

Rob -- I'll put up a new post too, adding what I'm looking for.

And also, I hope you saw the stuff about the Poster Project.  I should be done with it by Tuesday.  It's just been a crazy week.  Undecided

Thanks for everything so far, everyone!

heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #5517 on: May 25, 2007, 11:50:44 pm »

Great8Mandate Fan List & Press Release Circulation

Hi again guys -- tired of me yet?  Wink

Anyhow, I'm going to set to work on printing out several copies of the press release that was done (great job!) to major papers and small local papers.  To give them some more comprehensive data, I am putting together a list of all the Mandaters -- names, ages, locations, etc.  This way, I can tell them exactly what ages we hit, how many men, how many women, what geographic areas we're from, and how many fans total wanted their name on this list as Mandate supporters!

I'd like to start mailing these press releases out Friday, Jun. 1, so if you can fill out this little form, you can PM it to me, or just post it here.  It'd be best if we had last names, if you're comfortable giving it out (you can PM that, if it makes you feel better).  If not, your first name will do.

I'm also keeping track of households -- so if you have other people in your house that watch the show and that are concerned with it's fate, let me know their name and ages and I'll include them on the list.

Name:
Location (city and state, or country as the case may be):
Any members of your household interested in a season 8, and their ages:

Thanks in advance everyone!

Keep it up!
--Heather
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 11:54:22 pm by heatherkilpatrick » Logged

JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #5518 on: May 25, 2007, 11:52:29 pm »

I watched the Letterman Show and I was surprised by how quickly Dave brought up GG. I think it threw Alexis off and she shifted very nervously on the chair. She definately didn't want to say much about the situation but it left me with a pit in my stomach. BTW I HATED what I saw on the clip. My mother and I sat there like we were watching a BAD Middle School play or something. All I could think was "This is Rory on speed and with bad acting,"

On another note; I have been calling the comment line and got my grandmother to call it too. I am also e-mailing the advertising companies. That has been my mission for the past 2 hours since 1 in the morning. I'm having problems getting contact information for the Hyndai Sonata I keep getting empty Conact pages with no actual contact address. If anyone has that can you post or PM it for me? Thanks! I also accidently sent Nissan an e-mail I meant for the Hyndai so I hope I didn't accidently piss them off.  Roll Eyes

I am sending a letter to Peter Roth soon and maybe even Amy. I am sending some cool things to Lauren, Alexis and Dawn hoping it might get them excited to try negotiating again. I got my cousin Christopher (who is 10 years old) and my friend to send letters to Dawn.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 11:56:30 pm by JillianLovesFood » Logged

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
Zeppy
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #5519 on: May 26, 2007, 12:13:41 am »

Here I am!

Name: Gabriele Seppi

Let's make and endless list, guys! ^^
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: