The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2017, 06:54:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1729302 times)
amanda elise20
Town Resident

Community Points: 5

Oy with the poodles already.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5475 on: May 24, 2007, 08:49:20 pm »

Ayy Rob. That's something my husband would agree with haha.

But yes I've dreamt about GG cast. I loved it especially since I'm a headliner for a reason.  Wink haha jk

----Java Junkie---Headliner---Foodie----
*amanda elise*

*F*A*I*T*H*

sig made by sooks... thanks!
SerenitylovesGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #5476 on: May 24, 2007, 08:52:14 pm »

that is really sad that they are selling her jeep
SerenitylovesGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #5477 on: May 24, 2007, 08:52:57 pm »

Has anyone any new scoop?
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #5478 on: May 24, 2007, 09:19:19 pm »

i messaged the guy on ebay and this was his response:
"I have full and unquestionable proof that this was the Jeep used in the show. Just look at the pictures...they were all shot on the Warner lot. Plus I have all the paper work that will be given to the buyer.
Remember, I work at Warner, so I would never do anything that would get me fired like posting something that was not legit.
Thanks!
and rember..."Jeeps are for girls!"
Smiley David"

Whoops, I guess we both messaged David.   Here's what he told me:
Hi:
I work at Warner Bros. and heard that they were going to see one of the Jeeps. I bought it with a partner. We thought we would put it on ebay to see if it sells. If not, I will buy her out and keep it.

David

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
jfb44
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5479 on: May 24, 2007, 09:29:21 pm »

Has anyone any new scoop?
Amy Pallandino is interested in doing a 2 hour Gilmore Girls tv movie. Cross your fingers.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 10:27:14 pm by jfb44 » Logged
Aussie GG Fan
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5480 on: May 24, 2007, 09:34:22 pm »

I have to ask... That theres news of a TV movie does it mean our Mandating has actually done something, or is this some fabricated rumour created to get our hopes up? Will ASP really come back and do a tele movie even though she didn't write the last season and by the sounds didn't follow in the way she would've liked? I am one estactic Grin gilmore fan if a movie is produced but how confident can i be that it will happen.

Season 8: Because we need to know what happens!

Season 8: because i need to know what happens....
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #5481 on: May 24, 2007, 09:35:28 pm »

This little story on Canada.com:

Series creator suggests there may be a 'Gilmore Girls' TV movie Canadian Press
Published: Thursday, May 24, 2007

The creator of "Gilmore Girls" always planned to end the show with four words, which she has never identified, but she left the series before it was cancelled and the four words were never used.

There's still a chance they could be. Amy Sherman-Palladino tells TV Guide Online she'd like to make a Gilmore Girls TV movie in a year or two, so she can wrap up all the loose ends from the series and conclude with those four mysterious words.

Lauren Graham says she'd do the movie "just to get the four final words out of Amy. They torture me."

The Canadian Press 2007

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5482 on: May 24, 2007, 09:59:09 pm »

This little story on Canada.com:

Series creator suggests there may be a 'Gilmore Girls' TV movie Canadian Press
Published: Thursday, May 24, 2007

The creator of "Gilmore Girls" always planned to end the show with four words, which she has never identified, but she left the series before it was cancelled and the four words were never used.

There's still a chance they could be. Amy Sherman-Palladino tells TV Guide Online she'd like to make a Gilmore Girls TV movie in a year or two, so she can wrap up all the loose ends from the series and conclude with those four mysterious words.

Lauren Graham says she'd do the movie "just to get the four final words out of Amy. They torture me."

The Canadian Press 2007

As the newsbit points out, it's not an original news article, they're just regurgitating Ausiello's report at TV Guide Online.

Whoops, I guess we both messaged David.   Here's what he told me:
Hi:
I work at Warner Bros. and heard that they were going to see one of the Jeeps. I bought it with a partner. We thought we would put it on ebay to see if it sells. If not, I will buy her out and keep it.

David

Interesting.  The way the guy is backpedaling, it makes me wonder if he's a regular poster here at the Mandate and saw my analysis. 

-- Rob

----------------------------
Season 8:  Because April could become Liz's turquoise supplier.
amanda elise20
Town Resident

Community Points: 5

Oy with the poodles already.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5483 on: May 24, 2007, 10:29:46 pm »

I can't wait to see what Alexis has to say tomorrow on Letterman.

Do we know if he ended up asking her anything pertaining to Great8Mandate or anything like that?

----Java Junkie---Headliner---Foodie----
*amanda elise*

*F*A*I*T*H*

sig made by sooks... thanks!
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5484 on: May 24, 2007, 11:07:30 pm »

Interesting.  The way the guy is backpedaling, it makes me wonder if he's a regular poster here at the Mandate and saw my analysis. 

-- Rob

What has he done that suggests backpedaling?

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5485 on: May 24, 2007, 11:27:21 pm »

Interesting. The way the guy is backpedaling, it makes me wonder if he's a regular poster here at the Mandate and saw my analysis.

-- Rob

What has he done that suggests backpedaling?

~Heidi

Well, the whole reply to Chocolat that was, "If it doesn't sell, I'm going to buy out my silent partner's half and just keep it for myself." I think he might be having doubts about the asking price. A person I sold about a third of my comics collection through eBay with on consignment taught me that you've got to start with a lower selling price than what it's probably worth in order to get the bidding going -- even if you think that it'll sell for $35K, you start the bidding lower to, at the very least, get somebody to think that he's getting a good deal. $35K is probably too high an asking price because -- as I pointed out, it's a $20K mark-up beyond the blue book for a Jeep that *isn't* iconic. (Luke's Diner sign, that's iconic. So's the Dragonfly Inn sign behind the reception desk and so's the Williams Hardware sign.) If I were him, I would have set the starting bid at $15,000 -- or basically rounding up $1300 from the blue book retail.  He'd definitely get bidders for it.  I also know that if he was asking $20K, I'd sure as heck have bid on it. We have some family land out here that I could convince my mom to leverage against it. But OTOH, the type of land that the Jeep is perfect for driving in around here is the very thing that would decrease its value, so I'd have mixed feelings either way. Maybe if I were to win the Powerball between now and next Saturday (fingers crossed) . . . I'd buy it and *then* buy a Jeep that looks just like it so that I could drive it around and not damage the collectible one . . .

There are just *some* nights I probably shouldn't post after midnight. The Mogwai in me turns into a Gremlin periodically.

-- Rob

-----------------------
Season 8: Because Lorelai used to dress up for the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 11:37:34 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
Mak
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #5486 on: May 25, 2007, 01:46:26 am »

I just read on another GG site that the Barack Obama camp found out about their campaign being mentioned on Gilmore Girls and were pretty excited about it  Shocked. I'm guessing new episodes with Rory actually on the Barack Obama trail would mean very welcome extra (and fun) publicity for them, so maybe we could get these campaigners (some of them very experienced, I'm sure) to hook up with us and get them involved somehow in the G8M. I'm not sure how, though, especially since (being European) I'm not very familiar with the whole US voting system and campaign circus. Any suggestions?

BarackObama.com (blog by Bobby Gravitz)
sugarbell23
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5487 on: May 25, 2007, 02:55:00 am »

http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/post/bobbygravitz/CrjJ

its just too soon
Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« Reply #5488 on: May 25, 2007, 05:58:55 am »

Well, that is good for Obama then. However, I (if I could vote) wouldn't vote for him just because he was mentioned on  Gilmore Girls. OTOH, I was interested in what he stood for, so I looked up his website.

Well, personally, I want to see a woman president some time soon. Roll Eyes Not necessarily Hilary either..

Anywho, about the G8M. Is there anything new going on? Something directed towards the movie? Sure, its a long time away, but it is muchmuchmuch better than nothing! Season 8 would be the most magnificent though.

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
jaystar
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5489 on: May 25, 2007, 06:41:33 am »

Hi, everyone.  I am doing my part in writing, emailing. 

However, I am concerned about Dawn's remarks at the Upfronts when she mentioned that other shows (Beauty and the Geek ??) scored better in key demographics than Gilmore.  This attitude makes me lose faith in appealing to her.  She is justifying the network's decision to pull the plug on Gilmore.

Thoughts?
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: