The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 04:51:29 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1732582 times)
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5460 on: May 24, 2007, 02:43:09 pm »

1) The seller points out that it's ONE OF TWO Jeeps used in the series.  It's quite possible that even if this offering is legitimate (and I seriously doubt it) that Warner is holding onto the *other* Jeep just in case of a revival.  Due to the low mileage, it's possible that this was the back-up Jeep.

I can confirm that it is one of the two actual Jeeps used in the show.  It was purchased by a Warner Bros. tour guide.

~Heidi

Okay, so one of the two Jeeps was bought by a WB tour guide.  That doesn't mean that this one is *it.*  Are you confirming that the listing is legit, too?

BTW, based on the description and hedging my bets on the paint job and counting it as a custom paint job, here's the Kelley Blue Book values on a Jeep of that vintage in the 90210 area code, going for the highest listings due to the provenance of the vehicle (assuming that the listing itself is legit:

TRADE-IN VALUE:  $10,450

RETAIL VALUE:  $13,765

DIFFERENCE BETWEEN RETAIL VALUE AND ASKING PRICE:  $35,000 - $13,765 = $21,335

Not counting the incentive items thrown in:  5-hour VIP Tour (approx. $150)  License plate replicas (est.  $40-$50 a piece, but let's be generous and say that because they're prop items, it's more like $100 apiece.

"Goodie Bag" -- indeterminate price due to the vagueness of the description, but let's say, for the sake of argument, that it's somewhere around $1000, so there's maybe $800 worth of items remaining at *best* minus the est. value of the license plates.  All I gotta say is that the goodie bag had better have authentically signed headshots of the entire cast and several scripts in it *besides* the usual items sold at the WB store, like the Gg coffee mugs, shot glasses and caps and the like.  But for the sake of argument, let's say that the goodie bag and the tour package add up to $1,150.

That means the premium being paid is about $20K.  A person could save that much money by buying a 2000 Jeep Wrangler and just customizing it him/herself.

Waaaaaaay overpriced.  Should be asking no more than $20K for it (BTW, if $20K is what the guide paid for it, then he overpaid).  The Jeep is NOT iconic in the same way that the General Lee or the Batmobile or KITT are.  It's a generic Jeep in a generic color.

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because Lorelai doesn't drive a Dodge Gremlin.
go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #5461 on: May 24, 2007, 02:52:16 pm »

I don't know if this is new or if someone (or everyone) already knew about this but someone on Fan Forum found an address for ASP:

Amy Sherman - Palladino
c/o Creative Artists Agency
2000 Avenue of the Stars
Los Angeles, CA 90067

I don't know if it works or not but I'm pretty sure it does. Smiley

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #5462 on: May 24, 2007, 03:10:35 pm »

Wow 35,000 dollars is a lot for a 10 year old car.  I wonder how many bids it's going to get. 
nevaeh11084
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 11

"I just...like to see you happy"

View Profile
« Reply #5463 on: May 24, 2007, 03:46:30 pm »

so yesterday i sent out 5 letters dawn, amy, lauren, alexis and scott! i have been calling the comment line everyday and emailing dawn 3-4 times a week.

i havent been on here in a while so i just want to update ppl on what i was doing!  Tongue

GILMORE GIRLS 4EVER!!!!

"I just...like to see you happy"
<3 JavaJunkie
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #5464 on: May 24, 2007, 04:39:31 pm »

so yesterday i sent out 5 letters dawn, amy, lauren, alexis and scott! i have been calling the comment line everyday and emailing dawn 3-4 times a week.

i havent been on here in a while so i just want to update ppl on what i was doing!  Tongue

GILMORE GIRLS 4EVER!!!!

You've been calling the comment line, too! Pretty stick!

-- Rob

-----------------------------
Season 8:  Because after a Dance Marathon, a Festival of Living Art and Karaoke, there's one more kid of art for the town to butcher -- and it involves Shakespeare.
GilmorePrynCess707
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5465 on: May 24, 2007, 04:46:48 pm »

I'm going to miss Gilmore Girls. I have become attached to them over the years. I look forward to watching them. I feel like the characters are real and part of my lives. I cried when I found out there would be no season 8. Cry But maybe there still can be.  :oThat would be amazing! I LOVE GILMORE GIRLS!!!!
 I support Seaon 8!
*Gilmore Pryncess Grin
TimK
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5466 on: May 24, 2007, 05:55:34 pm »

I can confirm that it is one of the two actual Jeeps used in the show.  It was purchased by a Warner Bros. tour guide.
Okay, so one of the two Jeeps was bought by a WB tour guide.  That doesn't mean that this one is *it.*  Are you confirming that the listing is legit, too?

I don't doubt you, Heidi, because I know you've been in the GG insider news for a long time and have inside connections. Still, I was wondering this myself. I'd like to know how you know this auction is on the level, not just that you believe it's on the level. (I myself believe prima facie that it's legit, simply because the seller has little to gain by not being legit, and much to lose.)

Heidi, can you expand on this any?

BTW, based on the description... the Kelley Blue Book values on a Jeep of that vintage... [plus all the other stuff]

That means the premium being paid is about $20K.  A person could save that much money by buying a 2000 Jeep Wrangler and just customizing it him/herself.

Waaaaaaay overpriced...
My prediction is that in about 9 days, the auction will close at way more than the minimum bid. And remember that whoever gets the Jeep not only will plop down $50K (or so) but also will (hopefully) make special arrangements to garage the Jeep and to maintain it in its current state.

The market puts such a high premium on an item like this not because it's a tricked out Jeep. Anyone can make a tricked out Jeep. I could make a tricked out Jeep! If it were just a customized Jeep, it would only be worth a fraction of what it will sell for. But this is a piece of television history. And someone is going to buy it and then brag to all his friends that he has the Jeep that Lorelai drove on Gilmore Girls. And his friends will go "Woww!" And that will make it worth the $40K or $50K or $100K or whatever he has to spend on it.

-TimK

theladyjedi
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #5467 on: May 24, 2007, 06:17:32 pm »

I wouldn't worry about the (one of two) jeeps being sold. Studios are always selling things. It is a common, not a unique vehicle, and easily replaced as Rob has said. Sometimes it is a different story. Columbo's car was sold and it had such a very special battered look that the people who bought it had to be tracked down and the car borrowed back. I understand that we don't have to worry about Columbo's special much-loved raincoats as Peter Falk has kept them all in his closet.
Fox has a very nice source of income steadily auctioning items from past and present series for outrageous prices  (X-Files, Prison Break, 24, etc.). Apparently, Warner Bros. hasn't thought of that.
If I were at Warner, I would sell off a lot of stuff from Gilmore Girls with COA's (a fork from Luke's, candy from Taylor's, anything.) Everything could be easily replaced and I'd put all the money toward the expenses of a Season 8.
            Darlene    theladyjedi
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5468 on: May 24, 2007, 06:22:05 pm »

I don't doubt you, Heidi, because I know you've been in the GG insider news for a long time and have inside connections. Still, I was wondering this myself. I'd like to know how you know this auction is on the level, not just that you believe it's on the level. (I myself believe prima facie that it's legit, simply because the seller has little to gain by not being legit, and much to lose.)

Heidi, can you expand on this any?

Well, on May 15th I was told by a trusted friend who works at Warner Bros. that the Jeep was bought by a WB tour guide with the intention to sell it on eBay (so I saw this coming). 

The following press release regarding the Jeep's eBay sale was also issued yesterday:  http://www.pressreleasenetwork.com/newsroom/news_view.phtml?news_id=2137  It's very true that anyone can pay a fee to distribute a press release, but that person is still responsible/accountable for what information is disseminated.

Part of the press release states, "Along with the chance to own Lorelai’s Jeep, the e-bay offering also includes a Certificate of Authenticity, a photo album with photos of the Jeep in the Stars Hallow town square, at Lorelai’s house, and in other locations on the Warner Bros. lot, a tour of Warner Bros. Studios where Gilmore Girls was filmed, and lunch in the studio’s dining room where many of the show’s cast members ate on a regular basis."  I would guess all of those 'extras' will be provided by the actual tour guide who bought and is now selling the Jeep.  That would seem to make sense.

If anyone has further questions regarding the Jeep's authenticity, I suggest they call the phone number listed in the press release.

~Heidi
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 06:27:37 pm by Heidi » Logged

Flame    Flame
tsmurphygirl
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #5469 on: May 24, 2007, 06:32:41 pm »

When I first heard/saw Loralei's jeep on ebay, I got a sick feeling in my stomach.  I thought, "oh no..this is really it!"  However, now that I've had all day to think about it:

1) yes, it's THE jeep, but it is only 1 of 2, leaving the other still available for the show

and

2) when they do come back either for season 8 or a movie, they could use the other-or in the case of a reunion movie, Loralei may be driving something totally different...either her own car, or Luke's truck, or they have a minivan *ha* to fit their little ones.

Either way, I'm very excited to hear ASPs future plans...and would love to hear them sooner than later.
tsmurphygirl
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5470 on: May 24, 2007, 06:36:41 pm »

Did they tape  the Letterman show already, and was anyone able to make it???
amanda elise20
Town Resident

Oy with the poodles already.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5471 on: May 24, 2007, 07:20:50 pm »

i messaged the guy on ebay and this was his response:

"I have full and unquestionable proof that this was the Jeep used in the show. Just look at the pictures...they were all shot on the Warner lot. Plus I have all the paper work that will be given to the buyer.

Remember, I work at Warner, so I would never do anything that would get me fired like posting something that was not legit.

Thanks!

and rember..."Jeeps are for girls!"

Smiley David"

----Java Junkie---Headliner---Foodie----
*amanda elise*

*F*A*I*T*H*

sig made by sooks... thanks!
tsmurphygirl
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5472 on: May 24, 2007, 07:25:26 pm »

Hey, maybe he could give us some inside scoops about what all really went down and what people are talking about out there)
gilmorewannabe78
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5473 on: May 24, 2007, 07:50:13 pm »

I dont really know where we say hi here, but I am going to try here.  Hi.  I have recently (in the last year) discovered GG.  I am in love and trying to catch up.  I have seen most of season 1.  All of seasons 4 and 5.  So I am figuring things out as we speak.  I hope to make some awsome friends on here that also love GG.  So here is my interesting way of introducing myself. 

Oh yeah has anyone else dreamt about Lor, Rory, Luke or Logan? 
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #5474 on: May 24, 2007, 08:15:51 pm »

Oh yeah has anyone else dreamt about Lor, Rory, Luke or Logan? 

In reverse order:  Logan's not my type, I have Whory Rory in Sin City and -- do you really have to ask? (Dirty!)  Wink

-- Rob

------------------------
Season 8:  Because the last dream sequence should be Lorelai's, not Rory's.  Or they should have the same dream at the same time.  Preferrably about being Mandy Moore.
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: