The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 02:54:40 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1763628 times)
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5430 on: May 23, 2007, 09:30:26 pm »

Thanks for all the late b-day wishes!  Actually, there's no such thing as being late to wishing me a happy birthday until mid-August or so because my mom always pays the $2K or so for my annual trip to San Diego for Comic-Con in late-July (got an autographed picture from Danny Strong 3 years ago, btw.  And the Comic-Con episode of Entourage just doesn't capture even a tenth of how insane it is.) 

@ Heather -- My suggestion for a poster slogan would be "Love, Daisies and Palladinos."  Wink

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because even though I'm not a Shipper, Lorelai's sex life is *that* important to me. Nod Smitten Nod Smitten Nod
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 09:55:33 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
SerenitylovesGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #5431 on: May 23, 2007, 10:14:53 pm »

Is anyone also getting the feeling that mike A... cares more about VM than he does about GG. I feel that he is more broken up about VM.
SerenitylovesGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #5432 on: May 23, 2007, 10:16:03 pm »

Oh an I agree with Rob

"Love, Daisies and Palladinos."
Mrs.L.Danes
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

I'm in, I'm All in for Season 8!!

View Profile
« Reply #5433 on: May 23, 2007, 10:26:47 pm »

I really like Rob's Poster Slogan:  "Love, Daisies and Palladinos"

And Happy Belated Birthday Rob!!  My daughter and my husband have already purchased this years Comic Con tickets, and are set to go!!

Debbie

TO THOSE WHO APPRECIATE
WISTERIA AND SUNSHINE
SMALL MEDIEVAL ITALIAN CASTLE
On the shores of the Mediterranean to
Be Let Furnished for the month of
April, Servants Remain
poisonusrose28
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

It's like drinking a my little pony...

View Profile
« Reply #5434 on: May 23, 2007, 10:46:12 pm »

ooooooo please spill about the new daisy campaign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grin

does anyone know if alexis and lauren considered redoing the show after the daisys were sent?

support season 8! we must get the show back!!!!!!!!!!!! i mean it....
Wonny
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #5435 on: May 23, 2007, 11:22:29 pm »

I sent the press release to our local CW network and the NBC network that it partners with.  Then I wrote a letter to the CBS newsbag concerning Alexis's appearance on "Letterman."  I asked that Dave be filled in on all of the activities so that he could talk to Alexis about them.  I also included the Press Release in my e-mail.  I am also feeling more positive now that AS-P has commented.  I am not a TV Guide subscriber,so I went back and read the interview done with her last December.  

I thought some of her explanations about the negotiations she and husband DP TRIED to participate in were very telling.  I was struck by the fact that the people who NEEDED to be at the table never seemed to show up.  The CW then sent advertising "suits."  True negotiating means that both parties come to the table in good faith.  I guess the CW or Warner Brothers.......really didn't care whether the Sherman-Palladinos stayed or not. So, I guess I can see why they kind of wrote the story into a corner before they left!  I will continue to mandate with phone calls and e-mails!

German magazines

Popcorn

[email protected]-mag.de

Bravo

[email protected]

Bravo Girl

[email protected]
Wonny
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #5436 on: May 24, 2007, 12:29:59 am »

I sent the press release to our local CW network and the NBC network that it partners with.  Then I wrote a letter to the CBS newsbag concerning Alexis's appearance on "Letterman."  I asked that Dave be filled in on all of the activities so that he could talk to Alexis about them.  I also included the Press Release in my e-mail.  I am also feeling more positive now that AS-P has commented.  I am not a TV Guide subscriber,so I went back and read the interview done with her last December.  

I thought some of her explanations about the negotiations she and husband DP TRIED to participate in were very telling.  I was struck by the fact that the people who NEEDED to be at the table never seemed to show up.  The CW then sent advertising "suits."  True negotiating means that both parties come to the table in good faith.  I guess the CW or Warner Brothers.......really didn't care whether the Sherman-Palladinos stayed or not. So, I guess I can see why they kind of wrote the story into a corner before they left!  I will continue to mandate with phone calls and e-mails!

German magazines

Popcorn

[email protected]

Bravo

[email protected]

Bravo Girl

[email protected]

I really want to know what Amy had planned for the last episode.
Her ideas are always so great. I wished she never left Gilmore Girls.
She is the  heart and soul of it. I hope she will shoot AT LEAST season 8.
But after all I hope we have at least something, so I could deal with a movie, too.
But I always PREFER more seasons. A movie is just not the same and we need just more time to fix the things up, which Rosenthal messed up (like the April and Anna story). I like April but not as Lukes daughter.
Keep voteing, mailing....everything Smiley

Gilmore Girls season 8...because there was, there is and there never will  be a better show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #5437 on: May 24, 2007, 12:40:37 am »

She is the heart and soul of it. I hope she will shoot AT LEAST season 8.
But after all I hope we have at least something, so I could deal with a movie, too.
But I always PREFER more seasons. A movie is just not the same and we need just more time to fix the things up, which Rosenthal messed up (like the April and Anna story). I like April but not as Lukes daughter.

Gilmore Girls season 8...because there was, there is and there never will be a better show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm all for Amy returning also.  It would be great to get her perspective on the stories and the direction with which she would take the characters.  But DR didn't mess anything up (IMO).   ASP introduced those characters Wonny, so if you have issue with them you should be directing your dissatisfaction at her, not at DR.  Personally I liked the whole story that ASP set up (maybe not the Season 6 finale, but everything else), and the continuation that DR played out. 

Please read Forum Rules
Wonny
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #5438 on: May 24, 2007, 01:05:16 am »

She is the heart and soul of it. I hope she will shoot AT LEAST season 8.

Gilmore Girls season 8...because there was, there is and there never will be a better show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm all for Amy returning also.  It would be great to get her perspective on the stories and the direction with which she would take the characters.  But DR didn't mess anything up (IMO).   ASP introduced those characters Wonny, so if you have issue with them you should be directing your dissatisfaction at her, not at DR.  Personally I liked the whole story that ASP set up (maybe not the Season 6 finale, but everything else), and the continuation that DR played out. 

I didnīt say that all is bad. In season 7 I just donīt saw what I wanted to. And now they have cancelled the show. And probably I will never see it. The season would be great if we would have an 8th season. Iīm just dissappointed, thats all. Sorry. Maybe I should be thankful that David Rosenthal gave us at least season 7.
Mak
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #5439 on: May 24, 2007, 04:49:36 am »

just thought I'd post Amy Sherman-Palladino's contact address again, @

Creative Artists Agency
2000 Avenue of the Stars
Los Angeles, CA 90067

13 more episodes would definitely be more satisfying, but if a reunion movie is all we can get, I think she definitely has the best chance of being able to sell the idea to the actors or the network. I sent her a letter today, folded up like a little paper boat, saying 'I truly loved your boat, but I hated the way they pulled it out of our garage. Please help getting the 'Gilmore Girls' floating again, and let her sail to the horizon on a fan-tastic tidal wave of goodwill and happiness' 

ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5440 on: May 24, 2007, 05:32:06 am »

ooooooo please spill about the new daisy campaign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grin

does anyone know if alexis and lauren considered redoing the show after the daisys were sent?

There's no way of knowng unless/until they say stop.  I know that I put my address on my daisies when I sent them to Dawn and when I call the viewer comment line, I include both my phone number *and* (when I remember to do so) my email address.  One of the things I do want them to do is contact me if they want to say, "We appreciate your interest in the show, but stop it) -- OTOH, I look at no news as being good news.  Keep sending daisies, keep sending letters (which reminds me, must write some), keep phoning.  The nuts that were sent to CBS in honor of Jericho had some effect on CBS's Nina Tassler, but nuts are cheap and can be varied, so the daisies and all the other campaigns should continue -- preferrably the daisies.  Not because it was my idea to formalize that campaign, but because I think it'll have the most impact.

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because Rory should work for something bigger than an Internets start-up.

-- Rob
Stars Hollw Girl
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -3

View Profile
« Reply #5441 on: May 24, 2007, 10:25:49 am »

Just want to say that they are selling Lorelai's Jeep on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lorelais-Jeep-Wrangler-from-Gilmore-Girls_W0QQitemZ140121481825QQihZ004QQcategoryZ201QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I think reality is kicking in.
monicamazing
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5442 on: May 24, 2007, 10:27:37 am »

gilmore girls has meant a great deal to me over the past few years. a few years back i was depressed and honestly the only thing that made me feel anything was that show. i feel like i'm losing a friend unless they are able to give the wonderful story the ending it deserves. i don't understand how people could work on a show for so long and put so much into it...and then not care how it resolves. my hope is that with all of this support, and with the right people being persuaded that there could be a season 8. that is the only way i would feel like the show would truely end the way it deserves... Sad
amanda elise20
Town Resident

Community Points: 5

Oy with the poodles already.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5443 on: May 24, 2007, 10:29:26 am »

oh no.
why are they doing that?
it made me sad.

----Java Junkie---Headliner---Foodie----
*amanda elise*

*F*A*I*T*H*

sig made by sooks... thanks!
Stillstanding
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #5444 on: May 24, 2007, 10:34:18 am »

Man if I had 35,000 to waste, i'd jump at that.. but i hate trusting ebay.. you never know with these things.. so.. who knows if its really hers.. but the package thing sounds cool.. eating in the dining hall and taking a tour and stuff..

Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: