The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 10:34:27 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1732897 times)
Olivia603
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5415 on: May 23, 2007, 02:56:15 pm »

Hey I have an account on there at the CW lounge and have been posting things since they made the cancellation announcement. I'm Michaela353. We could really use more positive motivating people to post at the CW lounge cause there are a lot of negative jerks posting all the time. I can't even count how many times I've gotten crap for posting things about wanting GG to continue! So many people on there say things like get over it Lauren and Alexis just don't want to come back ect.... A lot of people on there don't know about the great 8 mandate it would be great for some others to get on there with me and post more things about the great 8 mandate so that we can spread the word and stand up to the negative jerks! HEY ROB I THINK YOU ESPECIALLY SHOULD HAVE AN ACCOUNT ON THERE!  You've got great info. to give those people as far as the ratings, and inside stuff. You also seem to know a lot about shows that have been cancellled in the past and brought back I think the CW lounge needs more people like you. Please Help Guys! Thank You!   Grin
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5416 on: May 23, 2007, 03:24:57 pm »

Hey I have an account on there at the CW lounge and have been posting things since they made the cancellation announcement. I'm Michaela353. We could really use more positive motivating people to post at the CW lounge cause there are a lot of negative jerks posting all the time. I can't even count how many times I've gotten crap for posting things about wanting GG to continue! So many people on there say things like get over it Lauren and Alexis just don't want to come back ect.... A lot of people on there don't know about the great 8 mandate it would be great for some others to get on there with me and post more things about the great 8 mandate so that we can spread the word and stand up to the negative jerks! HEY ROB I THINK YOU ESPECIALLY SHOULD HAVE AN ACCOUNT ON THERE!  You've got great info. to give those people as far as the ratings, and inside stuff. You also seem to know a lot about shows that have been cancellled in the past and brought back I think the CW lounge needs more people like you. Please Help Guys! Thank You!   Grin

I used reverse psychology today when I made my daily call to the Comment Line -- I said that "Well, you know, the people at Television Without Pity are so accepting of Gg's cancellation that really, you should do the exact opposite.  After all, they were so wrong about Jackie on season 2 of Veronica Mars that Rob Thomas had to apologize to the audience at his VM panel at Comic-Con last year for listening to them and making Jackie too sympathetic too fast."  Do the same at whatever Q&A section they have at the Lounge that is the equivalent of the Comment Line, just say that "The loungers are so crabby about Gg that you guys should do the exact opposite of what they want.  Namely, you should bring the show back, not throw it in the dustbin like they want.  Heck, they're probably just disgruntled Veronica Mars fans anyway, and Gg fans outnumber VM fans by at least 2 million viewers."

Or something like that.  Wink

@Chocolat Gilmore -- AFAIK, there's no current PayPal campaign.  So that means that you can start one.  Wink  No, really.  Or PM Heidi about starting another one.  This one, IMO, should target Amy, Lauren and Alexis.  Not that I woudl have any say in it becauase I don't have PayPal, so whatever you guys want to do . . .   Cool

-- Rob

---------------------------
Season 8:  Because Pam Beasley is Kirk Gleason's sister-in-law.
lizsh
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

Gilmore Girls Season 8!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5417 on: May 23, 2007, 05:35:51 pm »

Teavee.com Update:
Current vote total is 67383. Rank is #5. (3690 away from #4 and 3172 ahead of #6)
1. Veronica Mars
2. One Tree Hill
3. Stargate SG-1
4. JAG
5. Gilmore Girls
6. Xena: Warrior Princess
7. Grey's Anatomy
8. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
9. McLeod's Daughters
10. Supernatural

Savemyshow.com Results:
Yes     97 %   20538
No, Cancel It    3 %   613
I Don't Care Either Way    0 %   19

HELP SAVE GILMORE GIRLS!!! Season 8!
theladyjedi
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #5418 on: May 23, 2007, 06:30:58 pm »

Be sure and read TV Guide's Ausiello's report about the efforts of Jericho's fans to bring it back. Ausiello calls the effort "monstrous." The effort is successful already in that CBS has publicly acknowledged their efforts and is promising to do something concerning Jericho. As part of their campaign Jericho fans have sent thousands of pounds of nuts to CBS (because they were nuts to cancel the series.)
About 10,000 pounds or so with more coming. Look at their website to see how they are campaigning
www.jericholives.com
I think you will all find it interesting.
We don't know what, if anything, CBS will do, but it shows
fan campaigns can be successful.
Ausiello is such a big fan of Gilmore Girls, now that ASP has made a hopeful comment, perhaps he would mention Daisy Duke and related efforts. Rob, I know you contacted Ausiello before (if I am remembering rightly,) perhaps, because of Jericho's sucess and ASP's comments, it would be good to contact him again and remind him that a similar effort is being made for Gilmore Girls. I think it would be good also to send him daisies one time and a Smurf if one can be found. Hopefully, he will write in his Report about all our efforts and put a
 link. He did it for Jericho. 
 Also, I think it would be good if we all would write responses to the ASP news at his column. He's asking for comments.
          theladyjedi    Darlene             
theladyjedi
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5419 on: May 23, 2007, 06:48:47 pm »

There are 9,360 members of this group and it continues to grow. I think it will hit 10,000 before long. I had suggested to Rob that it would b good to send the information which Rob posts: actions to take, Daisy Duke, etc. to all the members. A sort of newsletter which I'm sure no one would object to getting. As I have mentioned, I think one of our problems is that many fans either don't realize something can be done or have simply given up because cancelled sounds so final. Some of the membership may simply have lost touch. I have asked Heidi if this mailing could be done. I have no idea of what work would be involved.  Updates would be good too. With that many members, if even a small percentage becomes active, think how many daisies could be sent. It would also be helpful with other things such as the Alexis Project. I'm sure your opinions would be helpful to Heidi.
            theladyjedi     Darlene
I will be sure and register and comment at CW lounge.
theladyjedi
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5420 on: May 23, 2007, 06:56:49 pm »

Belated Happy Birthday, Rob. I hope your birthday present (even if a little late) will be a Season 8, a full 22 episodes.
           theladyjedi    Darlene
MonicaKeller
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5421 on: May 23, 2007, 07:01:03 pm »

I think a lot more people would know about this if we each contacted our local newspapers. Print out the first post and also include in your own words why this is so important. If your paper prints it, a few more people would know. I would also include the address that has been posted for Amy Sherman-Palladino.

Stillstanding
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #5422 on: May 23, 2007, 07:08:43 pm »

Alright, i just about jumped outta my seat when they were actually talking about doing a movie for real!!! something to look forward too again.. I really think now is the time to step it up full speed and send in all our letters and such to tell them how much we want the movie if we can't have another season, and don't stop mandating until they comply with us and give us that movie!!! we can't let them think we forgot about it, even if we'e doing this for another year!! We need to find Amy's address and/or e-mail and tell her.. and we should all e-mail Ausiello and maybe he can relay a message form al of us to Lauren,  cuz he said he gets e-mails from her.. We'll have to re-name the forum.. the gilmore girls movie mandate lol.. something like that.. but i think it sounds great!!!  every other show has got a movie it seems now.. so why not GG!!  we deserve it Tongue

lizsh
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

Gilmore Girls Season 8!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5423 on: May 23, 2007, 07:09:08 pm »

Just posting this again: Here's a site to access the press release... Feel free to edit it, etc, and send to local newspapers, local CW affliate...

http://www.esnips.com/web/G8M

HELP SAVE GILMORE GIRLS!!! Season 8!
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #5424 on: May 23, 2007, 07:15:41 pm »

I think a lot more people would know about this if we each contacted our local newspapers. Print out the first post and also include in your own words why this is so important. If your paper prints it, a few more people would know. I would also include the address that has been posted for Amy Sherman-Palladino.

I'm now e-mailing the Washington Post, and ten local newspapers.
This is a good idea.
It's time to get everyone involved.
Even though we've been saying that since February.

love is blind so you didn't see me.
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #5425 on: May 23, 2007, 07:48:10 pm »

Be sure and read TV Guide's Ausiello's report about the efforts of Jericho's fans to bring it back. Ausiello calls the effort "monstrous."

They seem to be getting some response, too.

Nina Tassler, President of CBS Entertainment, released a statement to Jericho fans that seems to hint that there could be a future for Jericho, albeit a short one.

"Thank you for supporting Jericho with such passion," her statement read. "We truly appreciate the commitment you made to the series and we are humbled by your disappointment. In the coming weeks, we hope to develop a way to provide closure to the compelling drama that was the Jericho story."

What the network is planning for that "closure" is not known. 

source---> http://wcbstv.com/topstories/local_story_143105458.html

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
Nvr2old4GG
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #5426 on: May 23, 2007, 07:53:20 pm »

I sent the press release to our local CW network and the NBC network that it partners with.  Then I wrote a letter to the CBS newsbag concerning Alexis's appearance on "Letterman."  I asked that Dave be filled in on all of the activities so that he could talk to Alexis about them.  I also included the Press Release in my e-mail.  I am also feeling more positive now that AS-P has commented.  I am not a TV Guide subscriber,so I went back and read the interview done with her last December.  

I thought some of her explanations about the negotiations she and husband DP TRIED to participate in were very telling.  I was struck by the fact that the people who NEEDED to be at the table never seemed to show up.  The CW then sent advertising "suits."  True negotiating means that both parties come to the table in good faith.  I guess the CW or Warner Brothers.......really didn't care whether the Sherman-Palladinos stayed or not. So, I guess I can see why they kind of wrote the story into a corner before they left!  I will continue to mandate with phone calls and e-mails!
gimoregirls1992ab
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 2

Oy with the poodles already!

View Profile
« Reply #5427 on: May 23, 2007, 08:50:21 pm »

Belated Happy Birthday, Rob. I hope your birthday present (even if a little late) will be a Season 8, a full 22 episodes.

i second that

It's hard to wait around for something that you
know might never happen but its even
harder to give up especially when its
everything that you ever wanted....
Imawl4GG
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #5428 on: May 23, 2007, 09:05:55 pm »

i second that

and i triple that!  Grin

u r awesome and thnx for puttin so much time into the mandate. were pretty close to success! (at least partially: they know we're here and they know the "series" finale wasnt good enough)
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

View Profile
« Reply #5429 on: May 23, 2007, 09:11:26 pm »

POSTER PROJECT UPDATE

Hi there everyone ... just wanted to update you on a few things with the Poster Project ...

First of all, I'm finishing the designs tomorrow.  I don't know if they will be printed or not tomorrow, if they aren't, they will be Monday.  I wanted to print them tomorrow night, but we are having some printer issues, and I won't be in the office on Friday.  I WILL post the thumbnails by Friday morning, though.

Additionally, I think we should send a poster to Amy, as well.  However, do we want it to say "Will you be our Lorelai Gilmore?" because that wouldn't make sense, since she says she doesn't usually watch the show now and it wasn't one of her episodes.  That being said, is there a more apropos suggestion for her banner?

Also, Heidi what are the odds we could get another Daisy Campaign going (collectively, via PayPal) for Amy.  The 1,000 yellow daisies would be so fitting and great for Amy specifically ... Dan wrote it, Amy directed it (Love, Daisies and Troubadours).  I've got a few ideas for what could be said ...

"Come Home" (The title of -- and what Emily says in -- episode 5.12 to Richard)
"You've Got Magic to Do" (The title of 6.05)
"We Get a Sidekick Out of You" (6.19)
"It's like, this show, isn't even real to us, unless you're here and we're sharing it with you." (Episode 7.01 -- the first episode without Amy)

I'm open to suggestions, too!

I've only gotten one note to send along so far ...

And P.S.: Happy Belated Birthday Rob!

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: