The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 09:39:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1733465 times)
Junkie
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

We NEED season 8! Keep on fighting! ;-)

View Profile
« Reply #5400 on: May 23, 2007, 08:00:36 am »

I'm glad to read such great news  Smiley it's pretty encouraging that the "mother" of GG seems to like the idea of doing something with the show again! so if anyone has the address or e-mail of Amy (or any of her agents), please post it/them!  Cool thanks!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 10:35:39 am by Junkie » Logged

ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5401 on: May 23, 2007, 08:01:42 am »

Has anyone checked out this link..... http://www.nbc.com/Passions/news/dtv_press_release.shtml/

I know it's about DirecTV picking up Passions, but maybe.....this could be an avenue ASP could look at if she opted for a series of GG instead of just a movie.

Rob...I know you know more about it than me and you said something previously about the networks and shows can't jump from one to the other, does this include this DirecTV channel? 

It's possible, but unlikely.  Why?  Because DirecTV's pickup of Passions is just an experiment at this stage.  We don't know how long Passions will last in that form because it's setting a precedent.

Plus, I would oppose Gg going exclusive with DirecTV in that way because I'm a DishTV subscriber.  If such a plan regarding new episodes were non-exclusive ala HBO On Demand and similar On-Demand channels, I'd be all for it.  Now that I think about it, HBO's On-Demand service sets a good side-precedent because HBO is owned by Warner, which means that the infrastructure is there to do new episodes of Gg that way if they want to.  I think it's a possible scenario, but not a really plausible one at this point.

Also, it seems pretty apparent by Alexis' words in her Ausiello interview that she was the reason no more GG (that and the CW being stupid to not find a way to make it work.)  With that said, and I've said it before, I think GG could go on without her and maybe include her in just some special appearance episodes.  Lauren sounds like she's on board, and we already know Scott, Kelly, and Edward, as well as Liza would do it....it's a no brainer to me. 

I think it's impossible to "read" Alexis at this point.  All that I can tell is that she's giving out mixed signals.  On the one hand, she's voicing reluctance in public, while OTOH, her private actions tell another story, particularly that she staying in the negotiations for so long until they collapsed.  If she's genuinely interested in some form of participation, even if it's limited to cameos, then IMO, she should stop playing coy and just say, "I'm interested in season 8 going as long as I'm mostly doing cameos. I'm totally willing to do a full arc at the end of the season, but Rory's story is such that I could be brought in for cameos -- phone calls while Rory is on the campaign trail, occasional FNDs when Rory has some downtime, *then* come back for an arc later in the season ala Noah Wyle for two seasons on ER."  Right now, she's not doing anything for her reputation with the public by playing hard-to-get so unsympathetically.

And I think it's quie telling that Lauren and Alexis didn't release a joint statement about their having a mutual decision to end the show.  No one would have disputed it if Lauren and Alexis had provided a united front and issued a joint announcement, but they didn't -- which means one or the other didn't want to go on with the show.  Alexis is the more likely candidate given Lauren's enthusiasm for the show.  

-- Rob

-----------------------
Season 8:  Because The Dog Paul Anka should suddenly get hit by a car (in-story) unless the animal actor learns how to hit his marks and respond to his cues.  (Note for animal rights groups -- I'm advocating the character getting killed off, not the animal actor.)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 08:05:09 am by ShutUpRob » Logged
asense0fhope
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 0

WE WONT GIVE IN TIL WE SEE A WEDDING!

View Profile
« Reply #5402 on: May 23, 2007, 08:33:12 am »

okay i messed up =/ i didnt realize the taping would be so soon! thank you rob for responding to my post, but unfortunately i screwed up and woke up too late to get there *and even agreed to work tonight when i normally don't* so i completely messed up my day and any chances of me being able to get over to the city so soon.

sorry guys, i really wish i could have done it. anything else in the city/jersey let me know! with enough time in advance to set an alarm (that's the only downfall of summer vaca) so i'm sorry to not be able to go, but i really hope SOMEONE got there. it would be fantastic!

OY WITH THE POODLES ALREADY!
Wonny
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #5403 on: May 23, 2007, 09:06:20 am »

okay i messed up =/ i didnt realize the taping would be so soon! thank you rob for responding to my post, but unfortunately i screwed up and woke up too late to get there *and even agreed to work tonight when i normally don't* so i completely messed up my day and any chances of me being able to get over to the city so soon.

sorry guys, i really wish i could have done it. anything else in the city/jersey let me know! with enough time in advance to set an alarm (that's the only downfall of summer vaca) so i'm sorry to not be able to go, but i really hope SOMEONE got there. it would be fantastic!

It would be OK, when Alexis not had the leading part. Please season 8. I can´t live without this show!!!
I just watch the scene where Lorelai sings "I will always love you" and I can´t stop crying
...memories thats all I´m taking with me....
...so goodbye...please don´t cry...
...we both know I´m not what you need....
no, no, no......Gilmore Girls I love you so much!!!
we need to do everything to get this show back!!!!
Don´t give up everybody!!!!
Amy please give us season 8!!!
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5404 on: May 23, 2007, 10:16:53 am »

Rob's Great 8 Mandate Welcome Post and Mail Primer

For those of you who are new to the Great 8 Mandate Thread, Welcome!  The energy that everyone is feeling is almost tangible to me and I know that a lot of you are wondering what you can do to help try to convince the CW to uncancel Gilmore Girls.  This post is about voicemail, email and snail mail.  Here’s what you can do:

1)  SEND SNAIL MAIL.

Handwriting is fine if your penmanship is good because it's such a personal form of communication.  Otherwise, typing and signing and mailing by snail mail is the single BEST way to contact them.  They expect to be deluged with email and voicemail and that helps as far as it goes, but the amount of effort that it takes to write/type a letter on paper and send it in an envelope always  makes a bigger impression than email and voicemail and the like.  There's a rule of thumb that floats about in various media industries that every individual piece of correspondence that's written on paper and delivered by mail represents the sentiments of at least 7 other people.  So if literally tens of thousands of pieces of snail mail are received, that's going to make a MUCH bigger impact on them than electronic forms of mail.

There are various addresses you can send your correspondence to, which are posted on page 1 of the thread, but IMO, the people who have the most potential to help are IMO, Lauren, Alexis and the CW’s President of Entertainment, Dawn Ostroff, who is the nexus of all network realities at the CW.  They can be contacted at the following addresses:

Ms. Dawn Ostroff, President of Entertainment
The CW Television Network
4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg 168
Burbank, CA 91522-0002

Lauren Graham
c/o John Carrabino Management
100 North Crescent Dr.
G-400
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Alexis Bledel
c/o Flutie Entertainment
6500 Wilshire Blvd
Suite 2240
Los Angeles, CA 90048

As the series season finale has passed, email and voicemail can become handy, but don't discount Snail Mail as the network and actors will always take Snail Mail more seriously than any other form of correspondence.  Snail Mail has become even more important now that the Upfronts have been announced, so I have a few tips/suggestions to help make you make your letters, voicemail and email as effective as possible:

* BE BRIEF:  Keep the length of your letter down to ONE side of ONE page, double space it and use a simple 10 or 12-point Times font.  (Arial font is hard to read.)   If your letter goes on for only one or two more lines beyond a page, don't sweat it, but the longer the letter is, the less of it they'll read before they move on to the next one.  Double-spacing is the exact opposite in print as it is online -- it's much  easier to read on paper than single spacing is -- and again, the need to be as brief as possible will make you more concise and to-the-point.  Conversely, single spacing will make you look a little wacky, especially if you go on for more than one page.

* BE BRIEF (AGAIN):  If you must single-space to get all you want on one page, skip a line between each paragraph as that will help maximize readability.  But definitely do not go over one side of one page at all.  And I'd suggest if you're going to do single-spacing your message should take up no more than 2/3rds of the page, not counting your signature.

* BE BRIEF (FOR VOICEMAIL AND EMAIL):  If you leave a long voicemail, it sounds like a ramble by somebody who's unstable.  Just say who you are, where you're from, your approximate age, why you like Gg and why you think it shouldn't end/why you think the season finale is not enough.  Don't beat yourself up if you think you went on for too long, though, as your nervousness will likely screw with your head.  And be sure to thank the people you're contacting for their time and consideration.

* BE POLITE: I know that there's a lot of anger and sadness going on right now, but don't unleash any of it on the person that you're writing too (s/he may not even be responsible for what's happening to the show).  Just tell them why you like the show, the actors, the stories, how it affects you, why you think it should continue, etc.  If your letter is all tone and no substance, they won't read it.  Or maybe the first person who reads it won't pass it on to someone else at the studio or directly involved with the show.

* BE POLITE (Again):   DON'T mention salary issues because it's not our place to address them.  Some form of "I hope that you are still looking for a solution that results in the show going on" would IMO be a great way to sidestep that issue.

2)  SEND EMAIL OR VOICEMAIL

The CW's comment line is 1-818-977-6878.   It is voicemail and it often (but not always) fills up by early evening -- and appears to be full the entire weekend from whenever time on Fridays it fills up.

If you are going to send an email or leave a voice mail, that’s okay as a reinforcement of your Snail Mail, but DO NOT AS AN INDIVIDUAL FLOOD ANY INDIVIDUAL ACTOR OR PERSON AT THE CW OR WARNERS WITH MULTIPLE VOICE MAILS OR E-MAILS ON THE SAME DAY.  It will do the exact opposite of what you intend because it's considered spamming and more or less harassment.[/i]  They want to hear from as many individuals as possible.  And Snail Mail is a better way to do it than either email or voicemail because it's a tangible representation of the viewership's sentiments while electronic forms of correspondence are more abstract (because you can't hold them in your hands) and therefore easy to forget.  And remember to BE POLITE AND POSITIVE.  They already know that we're all upset, we just need to reinforce our presence in terms of the sheer number of individuals contacting them.  Remember, once per day and that’s it, particularly for voicemail and email.

3) If you send mail to anyone other than Dawn Ostroff, Lauren and/or Alexis, I’m sure as heck not gonna try to discourage you, but please post the address for the managment/agent team of each actor to this thread if/when you discover them.   I'm especially interested in office addresses for Kelly Bishop and Liza Weil due to their great warning about the series season finale of the show.  Although I don't know the addresses for the management teams of any other actors but Lauren and Alexis, and I only know them because they were posted on page 1 of this very thread.  Wink   Just please make contacting Ms. Ostroff, Lauren and Alexis your first priority. If they get the mail, they are sure to contact everybody else involved, including Ostroff’s bosses at the CW’s corporate parent companies, CBS/Paramount and Warner Brothers, as well as the other actors.  (Or else they’ll hear it through the grapevine.)  NOTE: at this time, Alexis may be in the most need of notes of encouragement to continue the series.

4) Please send snail mail more than once a week. Two times a week is probably optimal.  Write something different each time, choose a different person each time -- a different aspect of what the show means to you, whatever.  Make it anything other than any other letter you've sent to them 'cause once they see an identical one, it registers as a form letter in their minds.

5) Please send your first or only snail mail of any given week by registered mail/return receipt.   It's more expensive than regular snail mail, but it means that someone has to sign for it and acknowledge the receipt, and perhaps they'll take the expense even more seriously than even if it were standard snail mail and thereby be more likely to read it.

6) And send them daisies.  Once per week, if you can afford it, twice a month, once a month.  A different person each time, rotating between Dawn, Lauren and Alexis.

7) CONTACT ADVERTISERS:

Divine has set up a word document containing contact information regarding the various national advertisers who placed commercials in the series season finale.  The document can be downloaded at http://root.pcmasters.at/upload/files/2659036-List_of_Advertisers.doc  If you contact any of the advertisers, please follow the same rules as I list above and also keep in mind the following: 

* Please be sure to compliment them on their support of Gg, add that you like their product if you use it (but don't lie if you don't use it) and let them know about how pleased you are for the companies' support of Gg given Gg's continued high ratings, particularly in light of how terrible the ratings are of Veronica Mars.  Don't otherwise knock VM (it's a good show that, unfortunately has no potential whatsoever to grow in the ratings), but let them know something like, "If the CW is alienating the viewership by cancelling both the high-rated Gilmore Girls and the low-rated Veronica Mars (whose fanbase is probably a subset of Gilmore Girls’ fanbase), doesn't it make sense for you as an advertiser to demand that The CW keep Gilmore Girls in order to retrieve  the goodwill of that viewership and thereby make The CW a much better outlet for your product?" 

* Please, do NOT copy what I wrote word-for-word.  It's not that I'm withholding permission, it's just that letters that are written with the same wording are considered "astroturf," a type of spamming particular to letter-writing campaigns.  Speak/write from the heart about why you like the show/what the show means to you, what you know about what the ratings mean and that you would appreciate the advertisers' support since the networks unveil their new fall schedules to you advertisers next week.  As I said above, BE POLITE, BE ORIGINAL -- the advertisers want to know about your likes and dislikes as it helps them to decide where they're going to put their television advertising dollars.  It's okay to tell the advertisers that you're mad at the network, just don't do it in a way that even implies that you might be mad at the advertisers as the current cancelled state of the show is not their fault.  After all, they'd rather have the show with the higher ratings, y'know.

-- Rob

---------------------------
Season 8:  Because the show should end with snow, not rain.
tsmurphygirl
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #5405 on: May 23, 2007, 10:28:21 am »

Thanks, Rob, for clearing that up.  Interesting about the HBO and Warner Bros....hmmm.......

I still really want Season 8, whether it is 8 episodes or 13 (or more...*crossing fingers and toes*)  
There are still so many story lines they could focus on (with guest appearences from Alexis,) such as,  April and Luke (and Loralei of course,) Loralei and her mother (with the Inn/Spa idea that was so obvious with the "season" finale,") Lane and Zach with parenthood - since Luke is the twins' godfather and Loralei is like a second mother to Lane, who doesn't need a little help and advice??  Also, on the Season 7 Premier with Ausiello and Scott Patterson, Ausiello asked why he wasn't upset with Anna keeping April from him so long (and Patterson said he didn't know but he thought there would be more of that coming up - which we never did get to see.)  That would be a GREAT story line.  I thought it was a good finale and at first I could have almost been happy with that, but now that I think about it (and watched the finale 4/5 times now) there is so much more life left in this show.  

I can't wait to watch Alexis on the Letterman show Friday.  I wish I lived closer, but I'm in NC with 2 little ones I can't just hop in my car and drive (wishing for my college/carefree years back - It would make a great roadtrip with some of my best friends and a good time!!!)  Seems from all the posts I've read and reading some of her very few interviews lately, she needs a break.  She's young still and wants to expand her options.  Lauren and Scott are older and know a good thing when they've got it.  They are doing a few movies here and there but they know where they're roots are from and enjoy doing it.  I think Alexis wants to see how far she can go and maybe her Gilmore schedule has kept her from doing a few things she was really  interested in or at least wanted to try.  We need to still get her attention and get GG up and running with some guest appearences from her at the least.  Maybe we do need to start including ASP in our calls/emails and she could talk her into something.
amanda elise20
Town Resident

Community Points: 5

Oy with the poodles already.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5406 on: May 23, 2007, 10:48:29 am »

I really hope Alexis isn't taking Gilmore girls and everything it did for her for granted... she doesn't seem the type to do that, to sell out... but heaven forbid she actually is... I'm hoping she's just tired, emotionally too I'm sure...

since Amy said it'd be next year or 2 hopefully Alexis will be given the right amount of time she needs to explore her option and rest and maybe then she'll be 100% on board cuz from her response she sounded a little wishy-washy....

I think the 2 main people we need to focus on is Alexis and Amy... mainly Alexis... if Amy wants to finish this HER way, she has every right to... she created it!

Anyway keep mandating... and if anyone knows someone up north near nyc (cuz I'm sure we have fans up there too) we need to get a hold of them asap!!!

----Java Junkie---Headliner---Foodie----
*amanda elise*

*F*A*I*T*H*

sig made by sooks... thanks!
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #5407 on: May 23, 2007, 11:12:39 am »

I just want to encourage everyone who is still mandating.  IGNORE the naysayers!  We are not alone!  Fans around the country are speaking up for their beloved shows.  Case in point (forgive me if this has already been posted today),  "Jericho" fans all over the country are innundating CBS' executive offices with shipments of nuts in protest of the show's abrupt cancellation.    See the whole article---->
http://www.nj.com/starledger/stories/index.ssf?/base/news-7/1179897826314890.xml&coll=1

I'm so inspired to send more daisies!   Is there another paypal collection yet?   

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
Wonny
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #5408 on: May 23, 2007, 12:27:24 pm »

I just want to encourage everyone who is still mandating.  IGNORE the naysayers!  We are not alone!  Fans around the country are speaking up for their beloved shows.  Case in point (forgive me if this has already been posted today),  "Jericho" fans all over the country are innundating CBS' executive offices with shipments of nuts in protest of the show's abrupt cancellation.    See the whole article---->
http://www.nj.com/starledger/stories/index.ssf?/base/news-7/1179897826314890.xml&coll=1

I'm so inspired to send more daisies!   Is there another paypal collection yet?   

I hope Amy will shoot season 8. I don´t like the movie idea. It´´s just to short. Well than we see a wedding and Rory working and that´s it!!! And than we will not see Sid and Nancy. Or Leopold and Loeb? Sad
Junkie
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #5409 on: May 23, 2007, 12:37:23 pm »

I'd also prefer season 8 to a movie but since GG is officially cancelled at the moment, i'd be extremely pleased with ANYTHING that has to do with a reunion, uncancellation or whatever they might think of!

Love_the_Lorelais
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

Luke + Lorelai = Love

View Profile
« Reply #5410 on: May 23, 2007, 01:15:49 pm »

I'd also prefer season 8 to a movie but since GG is officially cancelled at the moment, i'd be extremely pleased with ANYTHING that has to do with a reunion, uncancellation or whatever they might think of!

I totally agree. I wish Amy would direct a whole season 8 and not just a movie, but anythings fine IF theres reeeally no chance of it coming back. But I definitely want a season 8! So we have to keep mandating even though we got this news! (plus I think 2 years of waiting for the movie is torture)

~Java Junkie and proud of it!~
Mak
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #5411 on: May 23, 2007, 01:17:47 pm »

Amy Shermann Palladino can be contacted at Creative Artists Agency, 2000 Avenue of the Stars, Los Angeles, CA 90067 (tel. 424-288-2000).
Mak
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #5412 on: May 23, 2007, 01:19:04 pm »

Actually I think that's Sherman with one N (not sure, check it before you write the address)
Junkie
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #5413 on: May 23, 2007, 01:28:09 pm »

I totally agree. I wish Amy would direct a whole season 8 and not just a movie, but anythings fine IF theres reeeally no chance of it coming back. But I definitely want a season 8! So we have to keep mandating even though we got this news! (plus I think 2 years of waiting for the movie is torture)
yeah 2 years waiting are tough but right now i'm quite optimistic  Smiley cause i would have NEVER believed that amy would express herself in such a positive way about a possible come-back! of course we have to keep on mandating. i hope we'll get some more encouraging news soon (maybe on friday --> letterman  Cool )

@ Mak: Thanks for the address! Now we have one more person to impress with our great8mandate  Wink

ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #5414 on: May 23, 2007, 01:48:11 pm »

Just wanted to bring out this section of the Jericho article for those with short attention spans (I totally understand):

The idea of targeting a network with an unusual campaign has been tried before, with some success. Fans of the science fiction thriller "Roswell" staved off the show's death by sending thousands of bottles of Tabasco sauce -- a favored drink for the featured aliens -- to the WB network.

A similar campaign secured another season for "Arrested Development" on Fox after fans blitzed the network with fake bananas, a nod to the show's fictional Bluth family, which ran a banana stand.

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: