The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 05:40:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1733201 times)
SerenitylovesGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #5385 on: May 22, 2007, 10:10:44 pm »

I screamed so loud when i saw this i think i work the state
this just in

Question: So, what gives? There is no way you could still be at Fox's upfront party. Did you track down AS-P, and, if so, what were the final four words she had in mind for Gilmore Girls?— Katrina
Ausiello: OK, here's the deal: Yes, I tracked her down, but, no, she did not cough up those elusive four words. But wait — there's more. And it's good. No, amazing. No, un-frakkin'-believable. Amazing, even. Wait, did I say that already? Well, it's true. Because just as I was about to brand her a big ol' promise-breaker right there in front of all those industry types, Amy explained why she couldn't divulge her long-ago-planned Gilmore ending. (Gilmore fanatics: This is the time in Sprockets when you either lean on a heavy object or just sit down.) In the next year or two, she hopes to make — wait for it — a two-hour Gilmore Girls TV-movie that ties up all those loose threads! I nearly fell over when she said it — especially given what she told me back in December. (BTW, lest you think Amy was pulling my leg, her partner in life and in showbiz, Dan Palladino, confirmed that a GG reunion pic is something they're interested in pursuing.) And I wasn't the only one floored by this development. "She said what?" gasped Scott Patterson after I relayed the information to him over the phone. "I didn't think she would be interested in doing something like that. But if she says she is, I would seriously consider it." Alexis Bledel was equally stunned. "A Gilmore Girls reunion?" she said with a laugh. "That's certainly not something I had thought of doing. That's really funny, I have no idea how I would feel in a few years. I don't know, I'm sure the script Amy would write would be great, but I guess I'd have to read it and see how I felt at the time." Last but not least, Lauren Graham e-mailed me late last night to say, "Could be a fun idea if everyone wanted to do it. I would do it just to get the four final words out of Amy. They torture me." Stand by for a comment from Warner Bros. big cheese Peter Roth. In the meantime, head over to the Ask Ausiello Discussion Thread and start brainstorming campaign slogans!
karikrigsmann
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #5386 on: May 22, 2007, 10:18:45 pm »

I am liking the news about ASP doing a movie. I feel that the "end" needs ASP as the last season kind of went down hill after she left. Does anyone have any contact details for ASP so that we can send her encouraging letters etc? She of all people would appreciate the Daisies!
kamakazedeer
Diner Owner

Community Points: 71

Emily Gilmore Life Ruiner- she ruins peoples lives

View Profile
« Reply #5387 on: May 22, 2007, 10:29:52 pm »

Regarding "Project Alexis":

I can't say that I entirely agree with your tactics for sending the mandate message, they seem a little "guerilla" to me. I wouldn't want to ambush Alexis and bombard her with what seems to be a mini protest in favor of a season 8, I think that would turn her off to the idea more than anything. That being said, this week isn't the only time Alexis will be in the Northeast. I'm actually surprised no one mentioned this earlier but, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 starts filming in June in NYC and Stamford, CT. I'm unsure if the sets are open or not, but I would be willing to look into it for you (I'm spending the summer in Stamford with some family). I've heard rumors about when filming starts, ranging from June 3rd to mid June based on where they decide to shoot first. Also, I'm trying to see if they need any production assistants on the film, so if for some reason anyone has any connections or information, that would be much appreciated  Wink.

UPDATE: the film is shooting in Greece starting June 3rd and then moving to NYC and then CT!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 10:48:29 pm by kamakazedeer » Logged

ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5388 on: May 22, 2007, 10:43:37 pm »

I kno this in know way would make up for an 8th season, but I did just read something on the aussiellopage that cheered me up. It's dated May 23 at the top so I'm assuming it's recent. He said that ASP wants to make a 2 hour Gilmore Girl movie within a year or two, and most of the actors seem up to. 

Here's the web adress telling about it
http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ask-Ausiello/default.aspx?columndate=23-May-2007

Interesting and encouraging news.  My theory:  since Jezebel James being pushed to midseason always read to me as Fox is more or less taking a pass on the show and burning it off in January, that ASP is perhaps considering, oh, I don't know, something more ambitious than just a reunion movie?

BTW, THIS IS PURE SPECULATION at this point:  I don't want to get anyone's hopes up beyond the concept of this movie thing, but I'm going to be looking very closely for signs that this might just be something that people involved with Gg might be doing to, say, ensure a season 8, but with everybody from the network and the show finishing on better terms than they did this year.  Say, perhaps, even if Amy doesn't showrun a s8, s8 does get a go to be concluded with a series finale written/directed by Amy?

-- Rob

---------------------
Season 8:  Because, geez, peeps, if Amy's even thinking of coming back, then we gotta push more (and when is Petition Online going to get back to me on my frickin' petition?)  We need it even more now!!!

--------------------

And, to combine two adjacent posts again 'cause it seems to happen to me a lot when I post late at night . . .

-------------------

I'm back from Vacation, and i've obviously missed QUITE a lot! too much for me to try to catch up (i'm starting a new job on tuesday) so i'm pretty busy finishing up where i am - but i saw something along the lines of letterman in nyc? We'll i'm only 15 minutes outside of the city (yay new jersey path station!) so if anyone can pm me the details of when to go get the tickets, when the show will be taping, where, how blah blah blah. i'm clueless to things like this, but i would LOVE to get a heads up, and i'm on summer break already, so besides my new job, i may be very capable of going to see it and letting everyone know what's been said! lol. we'll if anyone could PM me the details, i'd love you forever<333

@ asenseofhope -- I've just PM'd you with the deets.

@kamakazedeer -- I understand your trepidation at the concept of "guerilla tactics," but really, it's nothing more than getting the fanbase in the area together around her.  That's what fans do at premieres and a talk show appearance isn't all that different in intent -- it's promotion, there's always lookeeloos -- we're just trying to organize Gilmore lookeeloos if at all possible.  (And if any Gg fan can get into the taping, well, that's gravy!)

Also, I think it's hilarious that Sisterhood 2 is going to be filming partly in Stamford -- it's like even the *movie* is saying, "Do another season of Gilmore Girls, Alexis!"  Wink 

I wonder if she's going to visit the real Stamford Gazette when she's in town.  Hmm.  That would be just too funny.

-- Rob

-----------------------
Season 8:  Because the coincidences are starting to get weird.  It's like the stars are trying to write something . . . just can't put my finger on it yet.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 11:31:14 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
Wonny
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #5389 on: May 23, 2007, 01:27:07 am »

I kno this in know way would make up for an 8th season, but I did just read something on the aussiellopage that cheered me up. It's dated May 23 at the top so I'm assuming it's recent. He said that ASP wants to make a 2 hour Gilmore Girl movie within a year or two, and most of the actors seem up to. 

Here's the web adress telling about it
http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ask-Ausiello/default.aspx?columndate=23-May-2007

Interesting and encouraging news.  My theory:  since Jezebel James being pushed to midseason always read to me as Fox is more or less taking a pass on the show and burning it off in January, that ASP is perhaps considering, oh, I don't know, something more ambitious than just a reunion movie?

BTW, THIS IS PURE SPECULATION at this point:  I don't want to get anyone's hopes up beyond the concept of this movie thing, but I'm going to be looking very closely for signs that this might just be something that people involved with Gg might be doing to, say, ensure a season 8, but with everybody from the network and the show finishing on better terms than they did this year.  Say, perhaps, even if Amy doesn't showrun a s8, s8 does get a go to be concluded with a series finale written/directed by Amy?

-- Rob

---------------------
Season 8:  Because, geez, peeps, if Amy's even thinking of coming back, then we gotta push more (and when is Petition Online going to get back to me on my frickin' petition?)  We need it even more now!!!

--------------------

And, to combine two adjacent posts again 'cause it seems to happen to me a lot when I post late at night . . .

-------------------

I'm back from Vacation, and i've obviously missed QUITE a lot! too much for me to try to catch up (i'm starting a new job on tuesday) so i'm pretty busy finishing up where i am - but i saw something along the lines of letterman in nyc? We'll i'm only 15 minutes outside of the city (yay new jersey path station!) so if anyone can pm me the details of when to go get the tickets, when the show will be taping, where, how blah blah blah. i'm clueless to things like this, but i would LOVE to get a heads up, and i'm on summer break already, so besides my new job, i may be very capable of going to see it and letting everyone know what's been said! lol. we'll if anyone could PM me the details, i'd love you forever<333

@ asenseofhope -- I've just PM'd you with the deets.

@kamakazedeer -- I understand your trepidation at the concept of "guerilla tactics," but really, it's nothing more than getting the fanbase in the area together around her.  That's what fans do at premieres and a talk show appearance isn't all that different in intent -- it's promotion, there's always lookeeloos -- we're just trying to organize Gilmore lookeeloos if at all possible.  (And if any Gg fan can get into the taping, well, that's gravy!)

Also, I think it's hilarious that Sisterhood 2 is going to be filming partly in Stamford -- it's like even the *movie* is saying, "Do another season of Gilmore Girls, Alexis!"  Wink 

I wonder if she's going to visit the real Stamford Gazette when she's in town.  Hmm.  That would be just too funny.

-- Rob

-----------------------
Season 8:  Because the coincidences are starting to get weird.  It's like the stars are trying to write something . . . just can't put my finger on it yet.

If we just get a movie and not  season 8, I will not watch the movie!!!!! Sad
JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #5390 on: May 23, 2007, 03:02:04 am »

Interesting, two weeks ago I kept on asking: "What was the CW thinking?!"  Shocked now I'm asking: "What is ASP thinking?!" Shocked . I don't get it.  Huh She's the one who turned her back on GG. We're in this mess in the first place because she wouldn't stick with it and now she wants to swoop in and become a hero? Or is it she really hated seeing everyone so upset about the series finale lacking closure? Still two hours is not going to be enough either. I seriously doubt she can pull of things we really need to see in just two hours. If she is willing to do a two-hour episode then why not make it 11 and then add a two-hour series finale? I'm confused.  Embarrassed How does she expect this to air? On tv, in the theaters? If on TV then she needs to deal with either the CW network or find someother network that can work with the WB studios. Plus, all the sets were taking down so she would have to make sure none of it has been totally destroyed or sold off yet in order to put everything back up.

We still really need an 8th season of some form. Does anyone have ASP mailing address to semd letters to?

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
Wonny
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #5391 on: May 23, 2007, 04:45:16 am »

Interesting, two weeks ago I kept on asking: "What was the CW thinking?!"  Shocked now I'm asking: "What is ASP thinking?!" Shocked . I don't get it.  Huh She's the one who turned her back on GG. We're in this mess in the first place because she wouldn't stick with it and now she wants to swoop in and become a hero? Or is it she really hated seeing everyone so upset about the series finale lacking closure? Still two hours is not going to be enough either. I seriously doubt she can pull of things we really need to see in just two hours. If she is willing to do a two-hour episode then why not make it 11 and then add a two-hour series finale? I'm confused.  Embarrassed How does she expect this to air? On tv, in the theaters? If on TV then she needs to deal with either the CW network or find someother network that can work with the WB studios. Plus, all the sets were taking down so she would have to make sure none of it has been totally destroyed or sold off yet in order to put everything back up.

We still really need an 8th season of some form. Does anyone have ASP mailing address to semd letters to?

Keep on voteing

www.teavee.com
Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« Reply #5392 on: May 23, 2007, 05:44:03 am »

Question: So, what gives? There is no way you could still be at Fox's upfront party. Did you track down AS-P, and, if so, what were the final four words she had in mind for Gilmore Girls?— Katrina
Ausiello: OK, here's the deal: Yes, I tracked her down, but, no, she did not cough up those elusive four words. But wait — there's more. And it's good. No, amazing. No, un-frakkin'-believable. Amazing, even. Wait, did I say that already? Well, it's true. Because just as I was about to brand her a big ol' promise-breaker right there in front of all those industry types, Amy explained why she couldn't divulge her long-ago-planned Gilmore ending. (Gilmore fanatics: This is the time in Sprockets when you either lean on a heavy object or just sit down.) In the next year or two, she hopes to make — wait for it — a two-hour Gilmore Girls TV-movie that ties up all those loose threads! I nearly fell over when she said it — especially given what she told me back in December. (BTW, lest you think Amy was pulling my leg, her partner in life and in showbiz, Dan Palladino, confirmed that a GG reunion pic is something they're interested in pursuing.) And I wasn't the only one floored by this development. "She said what?" gasped Scott Patterson after I relayed the information to him over the phone. "I didn't think she would be interested in doing something like that. But if she says she is, I would seriously consider it." Alexis Bledel was equally stunned. "A Gilmore Girls reunion?" she said with a laugh. "That's certainly not something I had thought of doing. That's really funny, I have no idea how I would feel in a few years. I don't know, I'm sure the script Amy would write would be great, but I guess I'd have to read it and see how I felt at the time." Last but not least, Lauren Graham e-mailed me late last night to say, "Could be a fun idea if everyone wanted to do it. I would do it just to get the four final words out of Amy. They torture me." Stand by for a comment from Warner Bros. big cheese Peter Roth. In the meantime, head over to the Ask Ausiello Discussion Thread and start brainstorming campaign slogans!

ALEXIS: ATTACK! Not really, but she is the one we need to wheel in. We need something HUGE! Let's dig down in our brains and come up with something to blow her out of the water--in the good "I am so touched" way.

Oops, seems you all already know. Hey, can't hurt to read it twice.

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
Wonny
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #5393 on: May 23, 2007, 06:01:39 am »

ALEXIS: ATTACK! Not really, but she is the one we need to wheel in. We need something HUGE! Let's dig down in our brains and come up with something to blow her out of the water--in the good "I am so touched" way.

Oops, seems you all already know. Hey, can't hurt to read it twice.

We need more votes. Please everybody vote at least 300 times a day.
www.teavee.com

Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #5394 on: May 23, 2007, 06:09:21 am »

I just wanted to know if we have had any feedback from people we have sent letters and email to?

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5395 on: May 23, 2007, 06:10:58 am »

Bueller?  Bueller?  Anybody?

Seriously, though, Jezebel James is being produced by FOX, so you might send a letter of comment to her via Fox Studios.  BTW, I'm sticking to my guns and thinking that this 2-hour movie stuff might be the prelude to something bigger as Jezebel James sounds doomed to me whereas an ASP-helmed midseason return of Gg for s8 sounds more like an Event.

-- Rob

PS:  Okay, guys, it's time to stop posting Ausiello's question.  We know and we're all enthusiastic!

PPS:  Keep sending daisies to Dawn, Lauren and especially Alexis.  Now is probably the best time to send more daisies to Alexis.

---------------------
Season 8:  Because I would have been happy to plot it myself for Warner Brothers, but, hey, I'd be happy for Amy to screw up my nefarious plans if she does at the very least 13 more episodes.
stracciatella
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 9

View Profile
« Reply #5396 on: May 23, 2007, 06:18:54 am »

Interesting, two weeks ago I kept on asking: "What was the CW thinking?!" Shocked now I'm asking: "What is ASP thinking?!" Shocked . I don't get it. Huh She's the one who turned her back on GG. We're in this mess in the first place because she wouldn't stick with it and now she wants to swoop in and become a hero? Or is it she really hated seeing everyone so upset about the series finale lacking closure? Still two hours is not going to be enough either. I seriously doubt she can pull of things we really need to see in just two hours. If she is willing to do a two-hour episode then why not make it 11 and then add a two-hour series finale? I'm confused. Embarrassed How does she expect this to air? On tv, in the theaters? If on TV then she needs to deal with either the CW network or find someother network that can work with the WB studios. Plus, all the sets were taking down so she would have to make sure none of it has been totally destroyed or sold off yet in order to put everything back up.

Those Ausiello news just had me bouncing and rolling on my bed for at least a minute  Grin

I understand your concerns JillianLovesFood, but I really believe that Amy could wrap the major storylines up nicely. She could jump forward in time or something. Even though many weren't pleased with her during the 6th season and were upset about the way she left the show I still think she is the only one who really "gets" the show. It's hers. She's the one who should end it. I have the strong feeling that she was going somewhere with the season 6 storyline (similar to season 4, which wasn't popular while it aired either) and that she had her reasons to leave (even though we'll probably never know them exactly). Anyway, maybe we're lucky and she'll actually do this. And maybe we'll even get her to come back for a 13-episode season
(which, of course, would be even better.

Here I think I have to add that during the last couple of weeks I have been questioning whether an 8th season with Rosenthal would really be such a good idea. And I ended up thinking it's better left this way. I mean, in my opinion he didn't do a bad job storywise but he just doesn't get the banter right. The pace was too slow, the dialogue less witty, Lorelai and Rory became less active characters, especially Lorelai laughed less, moved less, gesticulated less, her lines didn't allow her usual funny facial expressions etc etc. So that's why this news has given me hope for an 8th season with Amy. I know it probably won't happen but still, I'm hoping.)

...who knows.

So I'd suggest we start including Amy as one of our "campaign targets". I think we need to let her know that we support her movie idea and ask (politely, no requesting of course) that she starts thinking about maybe coming back for 13 episodes.

I am curious to know how she wants to deal with the CW, though. It kind of funny that she tells this to the public before she has a deal with a network. I mean I don't know how stuff like this is usually handled but she can't make a movie without the CW on board. Or is she thinking of a different network?

Well maybe I'm more confused about this than I thought.  Roll Eyes
KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5397 on: May 23, 2007, 06:30:06 am »

This morning when I read the Ausiello's new info about ASP returning for a possible 2 hour movie, I was really happy.
Somehow, she doesn't agree with the final either and wants to end it properly in her own way, as it was supossed to be.

This lead me to think that maybe we could convince her with daisies, letters,emails...like we've been doing until now with the rest of the cast and Ms.Ostroff. Maybe she needs that push to come back to the CW not sure, to finish what she started, properly.

The cast seemed unhappy with the final episode, she wants to do another 2hour movie...and the actors have expressed that it would be okay...
I think this is going pretty well, and we should keep mandating like we've been/ are doing and also focus on Amy too.

I feel that GG is not finished yet! So keep mandating, I'm sure are. (maybe it will help me to stop thinking about the possible accident I almost had when I turned back home.Pretty scary)

See ya later!

tsmurphygirl
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #5398 on: May 23, 2007, 06:50:23 am »

Has anyone checked out this link..... http://www.nbc.com/Passions/news/dtv_press_release.shtml/

I know it's about DirecTV picking up Passions, but maybe.....this could be an avenue ASP could look at if she opted for a series of GG instead of just a movie.

Rob...I know you know more about it than me and you said something previously about the networks and shows can't jump from one to the other, does this include this DirecTV channel? 

Also, it seems pretty apparent by Alexis' words in her Ausiello interview that she was the reason no more GG (that and the CW being stupid to not find a way to make it work.)  With that said, and I've said it before, I think GG could go on without her and maybe include her in just some special appearance episodes.  Lauren sounds like she's on board, and we already know Scott, Kelly, and Edward, as well as Liza would do it....it's a no brainer to me. 

britni
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #5399 on: May 23, 2007, 07:33:26 am »

Interesting, two weeks ago I kept on asking: "What was the CW thinking?!" Shocked now I'm asking: "What is ASP thinking?!" Shocked . I don't get it. Huh She's the one who turned her back on GG. We're in this mess in the first place because she wouldn't stick with it and now she wants to swoop in and become a hero? Or is it she really hated seeing everyone so upset about the series finale lacking closure? Still two hours is not going to be enough either. I seriously doubt she can pull of things we really need to see in just two hours. If she is willing to do a two-hour episode then why not make it 11 and then add a two-hour series finale? I'm confused. Embarrassed How does she expect this to air? On tv, in the theaters? If on TV then she needs to deal with either the CW network or find someother network that can work with the WB studios. Plus, all the sets were taking down so she would have to make sure none of it has been totally destroyed or sold off yet in order to put everything back up.

I think that maybe your under estaimating the power of a 2 hour movie. Of course it would in no way make up for an 8th season, but it could give alot of closure to the story. Personally I think the reason why we all need a GG season 8 so badly is because the finale lacked the sense of closure we all excepted. So insted of think of it as a GG reunion miovie, think of it as a redo series finale.....and since ASP is going to write it would have to
be good.

P.S. i think it said in there it would be a made for T.V. movie some where, and as for the set and network, i'm sure if ASP wants a movie bad enough she can make it happen. I mean lots of movies has had sequils and there has been lots of reunion shows, and I don't think anyones ever had an issue with rebuilding a set.

P.P.S. Although this is encouraging we still need to keep fighting for GG season 8.

If you want closure to Gilmore Girls story, either by movie or a season 8 be sure to sign the petition at:
www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate

Also be sure to visit www.savethelorelais.org
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: