The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 01:26:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1765117 times)
KaraGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #5370 on: May 22, 2007, 03:54:34 pm »

Hey Everyone!  I have been gone for a while lately, but have just read about the last ten pages, everything sounds fabulous!!  Just out of curiousity, for anyone who has sent letter to Lauren/Alexis and gotten responses, Approximately how much after you sent the letter?  I just want a rough idea because I had a few letters go out to the girls about ten days ago.  I also sent about ten letters at the very beginning of the Great8Mandate, and no response ever. [those were to people that work for the CW, like Dawn Ostroff, etc.]  Hope you can help! Keep up the fabulous spirits!

--Kara =]]

lizsh
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

Gilmore Girls Season 8!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5371 on: May 22, 2007, 04:16:13 pm »

Teavee.com Update:
Current vote total is 63158. Rank is #5. ([/b]4795 away from #4[/b] and 2049 ahead of #6)
1. Veronica Mars
2. One Tree Hill
3. Stargate SG-1
4. JAG
5. Gilmore Girls
6. Xena: Warrior Princess
7. Grey's Anatomy
8. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
9. McLeod's Daughters
10. Supernatural

Savemyshow.com Results:
Yes     97 %   18862
No, Cancel It    3 %   612
I Don't Care Either Way    0 %   19

HELP SAVE GILMORE GIRLS!!! Season 8!
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5372 on: May 22, 2007, 04:54:24 pm »

Also are there any New Yorkers on this thread? Because it would ashame to let a perfect opportunity to ask Alexis or get Letterman to ask Alexis about them coming back.

This continues to be an interesting question. Alexis's appearance wasn't announced with much lead time in the first place, so that requires somebody who lives within at the very least some kind of commute distance from Manhattan to go in to the ticket office at the Ed Sullivan Theater tomorrow between 9:30am and 12:30pm to find out when she's going to be there (it'll probably be Wednesday or Thursday, for showing on Friday -- Letterman doesn't tape Friday shows on Friday -- he tapes them mostly on Thursday, sometimes on Wednesdays when there are holidays. And with Memorial Day weekend coming around and Letterman being a co-owner of one of the racing teams at the Indy 500, it's quite possible that he might be taping Friday's episode as early as Wednesday.

So I think it's time to repost Project: Alexis.

----------------------

Preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesenting:

"Project: Alexis!"[/size]

(The Project Formerly Known as "Assignment: Alexis")

NEW EPISODES OF THE LATE SHOW WITH DAVID LETTERMAN ARE OFTEN TAPED IN ADVANCE. Alexis Bledel, Rory Gilmore herself, is going to appear on The Late Show this Friday, May 25th, ostensibly to promote her new movie, "I'm Reed Fish," but it seems to me that the subject of the show is gonna come up, y'know? Most commonly, Friday episodes are apparently taped along with the Thursday episodes on (duh) Thursdays. For this reason, I'm asking any of you who are over the age of 18 who might live around NYC to go to the Ed Sullivan Theater to ask 1) what day this week Alexis is going to tape her appearance on the show and 2) if there are any tickets still available. If you can still get in, then great! Don't think -- book the tickets (IIRC, they're cheap free). Even if they say it's totally booked (and it might not be), please post here and/or to the facebook group when she's going to be there.

We need someone over the age of 18 who lives in the NYC area to take the leadership of this project. The ticket offices are open on WEEKDAY MORNINGS from 9:30am to 12:30pm and the phone number below is a recording that does NOT foward you to any human voice for ticket information unless tickets are available for that night's taping(s) of the show. We need to know what day this week Alexis will be taping her appearance on the show in order to get the project up and running ASAP.

Please Organize a Save Gilmore ad hoc meeting outside the theater on the taping day -- taping generally starts IIRC around 5:00pm ET or so, so arriving around 4pm or earlier would be optimal, but for those of you who can't, get there as soon as you can. Buy yellow daisies to have delivered to her or someone else who wrangles the audience outside the theater if they are allowed to do this. Print out large season 8 logos and either make your own buttons out of them or just pin the paper print out (cut it out into a circle) onto your shirt or jacket/hoodie and wear them outside the theater as an ID. Give her daisies, give her written letters that you might otherwise send by snail mail. Those of you who arrive during the taping, still try to get flowers and your letters delivered before she leaves from the taping. Take my suggestions for letter-writing ettiquette that I'lll post here again in a few minutes (as soon as I'm finished editing them again). Please remember to politely ask the Letterman crew if you can do this -- they might want to make something of it on the show (and if they don't ask you if they can make something of it on the show, ask them yourselves.) Also, if you're at least high school age (please, no younger than 16), hang out at Rupert Jee's Hello, Deli during the taping and have placards in hand, an enlarged Season 8 Mandate Logo pasted on posterboard or cardboard may be all that's needed.

Also, we need someone to volunteer to lead this project ASAP! I'm in Central Missouri, so I obviously can't do it. Wink Bringing out your banners and T-shirts and placards -- everything that you'd do if you were in front of the Today Show window would be super, too. Heck, stand in front of the Today Show window that morning, too, if you can!

Here's the information for tickets for Letterman. I've cut & pasted them directly from the CBS.com website:

----------------------------------

The Late Show With David Letterman -- Ticket Information

Request Tickets In Person

If you would like to submit an audience ticket request in person, we have representatives in our lobby to process your submission:
Monday - Friday: 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

We are located at:
1697 Broadway
Between West 53rd and West 54th Streets

Please do not line up prior to 9:00 a.m. Anyone violating this policy will not be eligible to receive tickets.

Please note the following:
1.) Tickets will be awarded randomly to those submitting audience ticket requests in person. We will notify those chosen via phone.

2.) Due to the large volume of requests, each individual may apply for tickets no more than once in any six month period. Individuals who have attended the show are not eligible to attend for another six months from the date of attendance.

3.) Individuals may submit requests for tickets from up to one month in advance of the taping date up to and including (subject to availability) the day of the show. Selecting more dates to attend the show will increase your chances of receiving tickets.

4.) Tickets are non-transferable and may only be requested by the person that will attend the show. When meeting with a staff member in person, you will be asked to name the person you wish to bring with you to the show. If ticketed, we will ONLY be able to admit you and that specific person previously identified as your guest.

5.) Government-issued picture I.D. with a birth date and mailing address are required for both the in-person application and check-in at the show.

Due to the large volume of requests, each individual may only apply for tickets no more than once in any six month period. Individuals who have attended the show are not eligible to attend for another six months from the date of attendance.

The minimum age to attend the show is 18 years old.

Please note that we receive many more requests for tickets than we are able to fulfill, and that we therefore cannot guarantee availability. We reserve the right to deny admission at any time. Shows may cancel and schedules and/or audience requirements may alter at any time. We require all audience members to follow our rules and regulations as a condition of attending the show. Without limiting the foregoing, we do not allow cell phones, pagers, cameras, sound recorders or other recording devices in the theater.

Stand-By Tickets

Stand-by tickets are available by calling (212) 247-6497 starting at 11:00 a.m. on the day of the taping you wish to attend. Your name will be taken and you will be placed on our stand by list in the order we receive your call. You will be asked to check in to the theater at a specific time approximately 1 hour before the taping. You will only be admitted to the actual taping in the event seats remain after all of the regularly ticketed guests are accommodated. We will keep the above phone line open for approximately 30-60 minutes or until we fill our allocation of stand by slots, which varies from day to day. As with all of our tickets, all attendees must present a government-issued picture I.D. to match the name(s) given on the phone.

-------------------------

So, is there anyone here who's over 18 and lives in the NYC area who can take the leadership of this project? Does anyone know someone over the age of 18 who lives in NYC who might want to take the leadership of this project -- etiher personally or on other MBs or facebook or myspace, etc.? Does anyone over the age of 18 who lives in NYC or commute distance into NYC want to take part in the project but doesn't necessarily want to lead it?

Please volunteer here if you're willing to take on this project. Please cross-post this project to other MBs and social websites.

I have additional ideas for the project if/when someone signs on for it, including asking any people in line who want to see Gg be revived to sign a giant posterboard with their name, town and state.

-- Rob

----------------------
Season 8: Because I'm an ersistentpay astardbay, artpay eethray.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 04:55:32 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
Stillstanding
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #5373 on: May 22, 2007, 05:06:12 pm »

Wow i hope one of us can go see her on the lettermen show.. that would be awesome, all the sudden a crazed fan jumps up outta the auidence and runs to Alexis screaming bring back gilmore girls! lol.. that would be great, i would love to see that even tho that person might be handcuffed.. lol.. i would chip in for bail lol.. anyway, i find it weird that the 2 shows that won the save one show poll on eonline, got canceled.. so much for polls!  But, I did recieve a autographed picture of Lauren Graham in the mail today from one of the places i sent numerous letters too.. lol.. that was nice of them Smiley At least I know they are getting the letters.. Im sad tonight tho, its Tuesday and no Gilmore Girls.. its weird.. its 8 right now.. and ive got nothing to watch Sad

ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #5374 on: May 22, 2007, 05:38:22 pm »

its Tuesday and no Gilmore Girls.. its weird.. its 8 right now.. and ive got nothing to watch Sad

Same here.  I guess that's why I'm online.   I'm sorta jealous that Veronica Mars gets two hours tonight... lol.   

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
Love_the_Lorelais
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

Luke + Lorelai = Love

View Profile
« Reply #5375 on: May 22, 2007, 06:05:49 pm »

I wish I could go see The Late Show...I'm pretty close to New York considering where some of you others might live. But I'm not 18 yet. Undecided

Tonight is so weird. I ran down to tape GG and then was like...oh, its not on...Sad

~Java Junkie and proud of it!~
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #5376 on: May 22, 2007, 06:25:21 pm »

I wish I could go see The Late Show...I'm pretty close to New York considering where some of you others might live. But I'm not 18 yet. Undecided

No prob.  But do you have a friend who *is* 18 who could do the footwork for us?  I'm not pressuring you or anything, but you're our best lead yet.  DON'T feel obligated to find someone -- if you can, great, if you can't, then it's no biggie if you can't find someone (or if you do find someone but run out of time) as Lauren is likely going to make the rounds of the talk shows in both LA and NYC next month for Evan Almighty, so we can do "Project: Lauren" and use this as a dry run.

Tonight is so weird. I ran down to tape GG and then was like...oh, its not on...Sad

Well, don't worry about *that.*  Gg wouldn't have aired no matter what tonight anyway because it's part 1 of the season finale of American Idol.  I don't think they've ever run a season finale of Gg against Idol, conversely, that they announced a while ago that they were burning off the last two episodes of Veronica against Idol was never a good sign for VM, even though they'd always been hedging their bets.  Since the season finale of NCIS and the full 2-hour finale of Dancing with the Stars are also tonight, too, VM is going to get a humongous whipping in the ratings.

BTW, as I'm writing this at about 9:10 ET, The CW viewer comment line is still open at 1-818-977-6878, so it's your time to comment on Gg before the VM fans fill up mailbox in about a half-hour or so.  Then, it's wait until about 11:30am ET tomorrow to call it again.

-- Rob

------------------------
Season 8:  Because 4.3 million viewers each week on average aren't wrong.  Especially since, like, the 2/3rds of the rest of the CW's current lineup that gets lower ratings than Gg (including Veronica Mars) most typically gets *half* of Gg's ratings and only one (Supernatural) gets 75% of Gg's ratings.
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #5377 on: May 22, 2007, 06:37:28 pm »

Hey, where is Heidi?
She hasn't been on here in a while...

love is blind so you didn't see me.
britni
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #5378 on: May 22, 2007, 07:25:42 pm »

Ok, first of all I was just in the CW lounge and theirs a thread titled something like bring Gilmore Girls back, and their were only 2 repies on it. Mybe we should start making comments on their.

P.S.  Rob, about the season 8 thing at the bottom of you comments, are you saying GG had the higest rating of any of the other CW shows.

If you want closure to Gilmore Girls story, either by movie or a season 8 be sure to sign the petition at:
www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate

Also be sure to visit www.savethelorelais.org
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #5379 on: May 22, 2007, 08:36:15 pm »

Ok, first of all I was just in the CW lounge and theirs a thread titled something like bring Gilmore Girls back, and their were only 2 repies on it. Mybe we should start making comments on their.

P.S. Rob, about the season 8 thing at the bottom of you comments, are you saying GG had the higest rating of any of the other CW shows.

No, I'm not.  Gg is very highly-rated for the network, but to explain everything would be really confusing, so I'll explain it in terms of first-run episodes only.  Including reruns in the conversation will -- trust me -- confuse things because Reality shows don't have reruns.

In terms of scripted shows (including sitcoms), Gg is second only to Smallville.  In terms of all shows, including reality shows, only ANTM scores higher than Smallville and only Smackdown! (which everybody but guys who can't get laid on Friday nights ignores) is between Smalliville and Gilmore Girls.

I have an acquaintance on Usenet named William Ferguson who keeps track of The CW's ratings show-by-show, week-by-week.  These are his data in terms of average viewership per every-first-run episodes of one-hour length through of 5-13-07 (IOW, not including the season finales of Gg or Smallville).  The CW's top 10 go like this:

1a. ANTM (fall cycle) -- 5.16 million viewers
1b. ANTM (spring cycle) -- 4.98 million viewers
2.  Smallville -- 4.54 million viewers -- #1 Scripted
3.  Smackdown! -- 4.40 million viewers
4.  Gg -- 4.32 million viewers -- #2 Scripted
5.  Reba -- 3.63 million -- #3 Scripted
6.  BatG -- 3.62 million viewers
7.  Supernatural -- 3.32 million viewers -- #4 scripted
8.  7th Heaven -- 3.22 million viewers -- #5 scripted
9.  OTH -- 3.15 million viewers -- #6 scripted

10a. Pussycat Dolls (Tuesdays) -- 2.96 million viewers
10b. Pussycat Dolls (Wednesdays) -- 2.75 million viewers

and for other points of comparison:

11.  Everybody Hates Chris -- 2.90 million viewers
12.  Veronica Mars -- 2.75 million viewers  (#8 scripted, dead-last for one hour shows unless you count . . .)

16.  Runaway -- 2.02 million on two Monday outings and 1.79 million for one Sunday outing for an average of 1.94 million

And I personally don't count Runaway because three episodes isn't enough to go on.  So really, for point of reference, the lowest-rated sitcom is:

15.  The Game -- 2.50 million viewers (dead last for sitcoms, dead last for all scripted shows, only several one-shot specials scored lower)

So, statistically speaking, when Ostroff said at the Upfronts that BatG's demographics were higher than Gg's as a weak attempt to justify its cancellation, it's very misleading, even if it's true -- and I haven't really seen the demographics breakdowns, but let's say Ostroff's assertion is true for the sake of argument.  Even if BatG's demos were higher, it totally discounts the fact that Gg 1) has higher ratings overall and 2) scores high in its demos for its timeslot, which is much more competitive than BatG's Wednesday night slot due to Gg facing the Idol and Dancing with the Stars juggernauts. 

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because Lorelai is better at math than she says she is.
Mrs.L.Danes
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

I'm in, I'm All in for Season 8!!

View Profile
« Reply #5380 on: May 22, 2007, 08:41:12 pm »

Well, I ran on over to CW, made an account, and left a message #4 under the Bring Gilmore Girls back thread. Although post #3 said to let it end and move on, I just ignored it and said: "I wish we could have more time with this great show. With so many crummy shows out there, Gilmore Girls was a breath of fresh air. I loved the days when they talked about many books and unknown places. There are so many more books and places to go.
Wish you would come back again! "

Thanks britni for the suggestion!

« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 08:45:43 pm by Mrs.L.Danes » Logged

TO THOSE WHO APPRECIATE
WISTERIA AND SUNSHINE
SMALL MEDIEVAL ITALIAN CASTLE
On the shores of the Mediterranean to
Be Let Furnished for the month of
April, Servants Remain
britni
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #5381 on: May 22, 2007, 09:47:28 pm »

I kno this in know way would make up for an 8th season, but I did just read something on the aussiellopage that cheered me up. It's dated May 23 at the top so I'm assuming it's recent. He said that ASP wants to make a 2 hour Gilmore Girl movie within a year or two, and most of the actors seem up to. 

Here's the web adress telling about it
http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ask-Ausiello/default.aspx?columndate=23-May-2007

If you want closure to Gilmore Girls story, either by movie or a season 8 be sure to sign the petition at:
www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate

Also be sure to visit www.savethelorelais.org
asense0fhope
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 0

WE WONT GIVE IN TIL WE SEE A WEDDING!

View Profile
« Reply #5382 on: May 22, 2007, 09:53:27 pm »

I'm back from Vacation, and i've obviously missed QUITE a lot! too much for me to try to catch up (i'm starting a new job on tuesday) so i'm pretty busy finishing up where i am - but i saw something along the lines of letterman in nyc? We'll i'm only 15 minutes outside of the city (yay new jersey path station!) so if anyone can pm me the details of when to go get the tickets, when the show will be taping, where, how blah blah blah. i'm clueless to things like this, but i would LOVE to get a heads up, and i'm on summer break already, so besides my new job, i may be very capable of going to see it and letting everyone know what's been said! lol. we'll if anyone could PM me the details, i'd love you forever<333

OY WITH THE POODLES ALREADY!
go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #5383 on: May 22, 2007, 09:54:17 pm »

I kno this in know way would make up for an 8th season, but I did just read something on the aussiellopage that cheered me up. It's dated May 23 at the top so I'm assuming it's recent. He said that ASP wants to make a 2 hour Gilmore Girl movie within a year or two, and most of the actors seem up to. 

Here's the web adress telling about it
http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ask-Ausiello/default.aspx?columndate=23-May-2007

Thanks for posting that, I was just about to do that. Here's what is says for anyone who doesn't want to know Heroes spoilers:

Question: So, what gives? There is no way you could still be at Fox's upfront party. Did you track down AS-P, and, if so, what were the final four words she had in mind for Gilmore Girls? Katrina

Ausiello: OK, here's the deal: Yes, I tracked her down, but, no, she did not cough up those elusive four words. But wait there's more. And it's good. No, amazing. No, un-frakkin'-believable. Amazing, even. Wait, did I say that already? Well, it's true. Because just as I was about to brand her a big ol' promise-breaker right there in front of all those industry types, Amy explained why she couldn't divulge her long-ago-planned Gilmore ending. (Gilmore fanatics: This is the time in Sprockets when you either lean on a heavy object or just sit down.) In the next year or two, she hopes to make wait for it a two-hour Gilmore Girls TV-movie that ties up all those loose threads! I nearly fell over when she said it especially given what she told me back in December. (BTW, lest you think Amy was pulling my leg, her partner in life and in showbiz, Dan Palladino, confirmed that a GG reunion pic is something they're interested in pursuing.) And I wasn't the only one floored by this development. "She said what?" gasped Scott Patterson after I relayed the information to him over the phone. "I didn't think she would be interested in doing something like that. But if she says she is, I would seriously consider it." Alexis Bledel was equally stunned. "A Gilmore Girls reunion?" she said with a laugh. "That's certainly not something I had thought of doing. That's really funny, I have no idea how I would feel in a few years. I don't know, I'm sure the script Amy would write would be great, but I guess I'd have to read it and see how I felt at the time." Last but not least, Lauren Graham e-mailed me late last night to say, "Could be a fun idea if everyone wanted to do it. I would do it just to get the four final words out of Amy. They torture me." Stand by for a comment from Warner Bros. big cheese Peter Roth. In the meantime, head over to the Ask Ausiello Discussion Thread and start brainstorming campaign slogans!

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
Olivia603
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5384 on: May 22, 2007, 09:55:32 pm »

Well, I ran on over to CW, made an account, and left a message #4 under the Bring Gilmore Girls back thread.  Although post #3 said to let it end and move on, I just ignored it and said:           "I wish we could have more time with this great show. With so many crummy shows out there, Gilmore Girls was a breath of fresh air. I loved the days when they talked about many books and unknown places. There are so many more books and places to go.
Wish you would come back again! "

Thanks britni for the suggestion!

Hey I have an account on there at the CW lounge and have been posting things since they made the cancellation announcement. I'm Michaela353. We could really use more positive motivating people to post at the CW lounge cause there are a lot of negative jerks posting all the time. I can't even count how many times I've gotten crap for posting things about wanting GG to continue! So many people on there say things like get over it Lauren and Alexis just don't want to come back ect.... A lot of people on there don't know about the great 8 mandate it would be great for some others to get on there with me and post more things about the great 8 mandate so that we can spread the word and stand up to the negative jerks! HEY ROB I THINK YOU ESPECIALLY SHOULD HAVE AN ACCOUNT ON THERE!  You've got great info. to give those people as far as the ratings, and inside stuff. You also seem to know a lot about shows that have been cancellled in the past and brought back I think the CW lounge needs more people like you. Please Help Guys! Thank You!  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: