The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 03:19:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1734591 times)
sugarbell23
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5325 on: May 21, 2007, 11:47:10 am »

Happy Birthday Rob!!!!! Celebrate   Thanks for all the info.  Enjoy your day!!!

its just too soon
Zeppy
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #5326 on: May 21, 2007, 11:55:43 am »

Happy birthday Rob! Let's hope you receive a BIG surprise by CW (that would be great even for us Grin) soon Wink
Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« Reply #5327 on: May 21, 2007, 12:00:25 pm »

Happy Birthday Rob! And I want to honor you for putting forth such an effort into getting some more GilMORE! (Yes, pun intended.) Bravo! And Bravo(a) for everyone who is working towards the same goal.

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
SerenitylovesGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #5328 on: May 21, 2007, 12:10:10 pm »

It was the funniest thing. This morning in my History class my professor was talking about the rich womans roll in society. While lecturing us on these topics, he used Gilmore Girls as an example. He had to have been watching Gilmore Girls because he referenced Emily's way of living. I was so happy to hear him talking about the Gilmore Girls. The best part is that I personally know him as well because my husband is a fellow political man where we live with my professor. Never the less if made me feel happy to hear him talk about the Gilmore Gilrs. He also knew about the cancelation of the show. To me that is a good sign because that mean that they word is really getting out there.
SerenitylovesGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #5329 on: May 21, 2007, 12:12:33 pm »

The peoples whos houses are recorded are asked first. Does anyone know what citys are being looked at for ratings?
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5330 on: May 21, 2007, 12:27:38 pm »

It was the funniest thing. This morning in my History class my professor was talking about the rich womans roll in society. While lecturing us on these topics, he used Gilmore Girls as an example. He had to have been watching Gilmore Girls because he referenced Emily's way of living. I was so happy to hear him talking about the Gilmore Girls. The best part is that I personally know him as well because my husband is a fellow political man where we live with my professor. Never the less if made me feel happy to hear him talk about the Gilmore Gilrs. He also knew about the cancelation of the show. To me that is a good sign because that mean that they word is really getting out there.

Serenity, this is a great anecdote! Please relay it to the CW comment line at 1-818-977-6878 -- the comment line is still accepting voicemail as of 3:15 ET/ 12: 15 PT today -- I just left a long message analyizing the ratings and mentioning that we know that several of the actors are unhappy with the season finale being the series finale, but your anecdote above gives a valuable and original perspective on how far Gilmore Girls' reach has spread into academia -- something that until now that only Buffy has been able to achieve.  The prestige factor can't be underrated -- and please relay your experience in your class today in letters to Dawn, Lauren and Alexis. 

As for your question about the Nielsens -- there's no way to know which houses are being looked at for ratings, but they use a scientifically valid methodology to collect their statistical samples, trying to be as representative of the demographic makeup of the entire country and what they're watching and what segments of the audience (target demographics) are watching each particular type of show.  For reasons of statistical control (ie: to prevent the ratings from being corrupted or otherwise affected by outside influence), no current Nielsen participant is known to anyone but the Neisen company.  From what *is* known about the Nielsens, each participant is given only one dollar as a token of appreciation for their participation.

-- Rob

----------------------
Season 8:  Because the finale of season 3 could also have been a natural endpoint of the series -- again, especially for Rory, and yet, they continued the show, followed the many unfinished story threads to their natural next steps despite complaints that went on early into season 4.
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #5331 on: May 21, 2007, 01:06:07 pm »

Just want to confirm all of the various projects the G8M has 'sponsered':
•   Letter writing to Ms. Dawn Ostroff, President of Entertainment at the CW network, Ms. Alexis Bledel, who plays Rory Gilmore, Lauren Graham, who plays Lorelei Gilmore, and other cast members.
•   Voicemail calls to the CW viewer comment line.
•   Assignment Alexis: support Ms. Alexis Bledel at her taping of The Late Show With David Letterman
•   Poster Project: send large scale posters that support the Great8Mandate, and ask for another 13 episodes
•   Contact Gilmore Girl Advertisers: Contact advertisers, and ask for their support of the Great8Mandate
•   Operation Daisy Duke: Send bouquets of yellow daisies to Ms. Dawn Ostroff, Ms. Alexis Bledel, Ms. Lauren Graham, and other cast members.
(Sorry: this is copied directly from the rough draft of the press release)
\
*) CD: Favourite songs that are somehow connected to GG (don't know, to whom it was sent, though)

CD I sent the CD!  CD
And I sent it to DO.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 01:10:15 pm by CathyCoffee » Logged

love is blind so you didn't see me.
Wonny
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #5332 on: May 21, 2007, 01:29:55 pm »

Happy Birthday Rob! And I want to honor you for putting forth such an effort into getting some more GilMORE! (Yes, pun intended.) Bravo! And Bravo(a) for everyone who is working towards the same goal.

Hi all!
We have a huge problem. One Trill Hill has 184579 votes and we just 59158. Maybe we should agree that
everybody votes at least 300 times a day ?
We just have such less time. We want Gilmore Girls on the first place. Wink
www.teavee.com
Wonny
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #5333 on: May 21, 2007, 01:32:13 pm »

Hi all!
We have a huge problem. One Trill Hill has 184579 votes and we just 59158. Maybe we should agree that
everybody votes at least 300 times a day ?
We just have such less time. We want Gilmore Girls on the first place. Wink
www.teavee.com

Oh and Happy Birthday Rob Wink
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

View Profile
« Reply #5334 on: May 21, 2007, 01:45:01 pm »

Poster Project UPDATE:

Hi there folks,

Here are a few things I wanted to relay to you about the Poster Project.

1.) I am going to be designing these tomorrow evening with the hope of printing them tomorrow or late Thursday.  I plan to ship them on Friday, Saturday at the latest.

2.) I am going to make corresponding stationery that matches these with the daisies that can be used specifically for Lauren, Alexis and Dawn, if you guys want to send letters.

3.) If you guys want to include notes for Lauren, Alexis and Dawn, (WHICH I HIGHLY RECOMMEND) please send them to my email at [email protected].  I need these letters by Friday morning at 9 a.m. EST.

4.) I have gotten a couple donations so far (THANK YOU!) for shipping.  I want to get a return receipt on this shipment so we can be SURE when they are accepted at the CW studios and at Lauren and Alexis' offices.  So far, I have enough for $10 per shipment, but I'm going to need about $15 per poster to rush ship them by at least two day shipping and get these there.  I am, of course, going to be chipping in as well, so if anyone out there feels so inclined to donate a little or a lot PLEASE do!  Remember - the more I get, the faster I can ship them.  And if I get more than enough, I'll order to be sent and have the names of the people who donated put on the daisies!  Donations can be sent to [email protected] VIA PayPal!

PLEASE contribute to this project -- a little note, a long letter, anything -- it WILL make a difference!

Thanks everyone!
Heather

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5335 on: May 21, 2007, 01:50:23 pm »

Heya -- I have a little bit more time on my hands today than I thought I was going to (I need to do laundry, so I begged to put off the Birthday dinner until later this week), so I've written up a rough draft for a petition statement to post to www.petitiononline.com

I suspect that, it's a little too wordy to necessarily be effective.  I am therefore open to suggestions on how to edit it down some more.

------------------------

We, the undersigned, are the viewers and fans of Gilmore Girls who, while we greatly enjoyed the seventh season finale, feel that it is not sufficient as a series finale.  We were taken off-guard by the suddenness of the cancellation announcement and furthermore, many of us have read interviews various actors have given to the media about how upset they were about the abruptness of the season finale (no matter how much we may like it as a story) and agree with their sentiments that the seventh season finale should not be the series finale.  However, we also recognize and respect the objectives, the sentiments and the exhaustion issues of the parties involved and how those factors influenced how the negotiations for an eighth season of Gilmore Girls collapsed.  We do not pass judgment on any of the parties toward which this petition is directed.

We request that The CW network and the necessary actors, Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel, reconsider whatever differences they have, and reach a compromise to return Gilmore Girls to The CW’s schedule during the 2007-2008 television season in order to give the series the final season the true concluding storyarcs that it deserves.  We believe that The CW’s #2 rated scripted series for the 2006-2007 season, the #2 rated series for its timeslot in its target demographics of young women and other young adults can and should come back either as a full season of 22 episodes returning in the fall or a half-season of 13 episodes returning in the spring, or as any other compromise that results in the continuation of the series for the sufficient number of episodes to close the series that 1) The CW requires to make it profitable enough to air (even as a loss leader) while 2) addressing the actors’ concerns.

Please bring back the Gilmore Girls for, at the very least, one more season.

------------------------

So how'd I do?  Too wordy?  Did anyone fall asleep?  If you want to help edit, please cut-and-past the text at normal size rather than quote size and use strikeout to show any cuts that you think need to be made and any additions you'd like to suggest in bold italics wherever you think they should go, such as to replace/reword/shorten anything you might think should be struck out and said a different way.

Thanks,
Rob

PS:  Thanks for all the Birthday wishes!

------------------------
Season 8:  Because the online petition for Jericho impressed me.

ETA I changed certain things in the draft petition for the sake of clarity one time.  I won't further edit this proposal until I read further input on it.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 04:17:32 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
LGLDandRGLH4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

It's over....... :( :( :( :( :( :(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5336 on: May 21, 2007, 02:16:33 pm »

The only thing I have a problem with is the whole "We really enjoyed the season 7 finale" because to me, it sucked. But I liked the rest of it. Yay Rob!

P.S.- Happy Late Birthday!!!!

I will always love Rory and Logan......

I can't believe it's over.

Gilmore Girls
11/5/2000 - 5/22/2007
           R.I.P

You will be missed,
But never forgotten.......
closemike
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5337 on: May 21, 2007, 02:19:49 pm »

the #2 rated series for its timeslot in its target demographics of young women and other young adults

Hi Rob,

It reads like a breeze; I had one little nit concerning the wording of "...young women and other young adults..."

Worded that way seems to imply that there's more than one other young adult group, other than women.

Saying "young women and men" is worse, though, as well as a bit misleading. I'd say either leave it alone and let it be a bit dodgy; or simply nix and other young adults

Happy B'day, btw!

Mike

« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 02:24:37 pm by closemike » Logged
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #5338 on: May 21, 2007, 02:39:12 pm »

I would say something about people of all ages.
Becasue my grandma, who is 76, watches the show.
So she's not considered young. =)

And my dad and one of my best guy friends9not the same person), love the show also.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 02:40:27 pm by CathyCoffee » Logged

love is blind so you didn't see me.
tsmurphygirl
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #5339 on: May 21, 2007, 04:09:49 pm »

I agree; we should find a way to word it to include everyone (men, women, young, older, ect.)  My husband finally watched the finale with me last night (my 3rd time) and he cried a couple times.  It was actually during the dialog between Loralai and her dad....it was such a great moment.    Rob, I also set both DVR and Tivo on the CW just in case the powers to be could see we were watching GG both last Tuesday and then last night...quickly shutting them off after the end of the show.  We'll show you, CW!!!!!

Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: