The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 04:05:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1766017 times)
Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« Reply #5310 on: May 21, 2007, 06:03:45 am »

Angry VM got a two hour season finale. They are coming back? The advertisments kept saying season finale I do believe. I am very jealous. However, it inspired me to work that much harder.

Quote from: Rob

----------------------
Season 8:  Because I'm an ersistentpay astardbay, artpay ootay.

Yeah. I just want to find out what that means. Persistent...BEEP.....party _____________?

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
britni
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #5311 on: May 21, 2007, 06:05:24 am »

I think instead of a 13 episode shortened season I think a 2 hour finale would do just fine. I think that is more realistic for the network and for the actors involved. This will allow the hectic schedule for those involved to be lessened by the 2 hour movie.

I agree, just as long as we get more closure................although I don't think an 8th season is completely out of th question, it could happen.

If you want closure to Gilmore Girls story, either by movie or a season 8 be sure to sign the petition at:
www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate

Also be sure to visit www.savethelorelais.org
Junkie
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

We NEED season 8! Keep on fighting! ;-)

View Profile
« Reply #5312 on: May 21, 2007, 06:59:09 am »

Hi everyone!

Last Friday, I contacted some Austrian and German youth magazines and told them about the Great8Mandate. I think there are many GG-fans in Eurpoe who don't even know about the end of the series so I thought it would be a good idea to ask some magazines to write about it and refer to this forum.

Today I received an answer from the magazine called "Topic". They wrote that they will mention a homepage that runs a petition on their "letter to the editor"-side in the june-issue. I think that's cool but I also think that it would be great if people knew about the Great8Mandate here in Austria/Germany/Switzerland so I hope the other magazines will print something about it.

I'll tell you if I receive more answers!  Wink

Mak
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #5313 on: May 21, 2007, 08:01:48 am »

Michael Ausiello has a Gilmore Girls series finale, Loved it! or Hated it! poll going on on the tvguide.com site, and, can you believe it, Loved it! is winning by some 60 %, all people confusing the word season with series, I guess. I think we should start voting Hated it!, and fiercely, in case Dawn Ostroff gets to see this and starts thinking the CW did a great job by kicking GG out without so much as a tear!
xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #5314 on: May 21, 2007, 08:05:31 am »

Some GG love from Alloy.com: Smiley
http://alloy.com/5/35/3622/1/;jsessionid=D52AFB434DD9977722AF7C0216D83295.worker2

IDK as much as I miss GG and am fighting to get it back, I just can't throw myself into the Hated It side, I really did love the finale.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 08:18:01 am by xdeartragedyx » Logged
britni
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #5315 on: May 21, 2007, 08:38:55 am »

It was a great finale............if it was for a swason, but for a series it just was'nt enough. Think about it Logan, Mrs Kim, Richard and Emily, Lorelai and luke (2 of the biggest characters), what happen to the?  I thought about it and really all the series finale did was give closure to Rory's character.

If you want closure to Gilmore Girls story, either by movie or a season 8 be sure to sign the petition at:
www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate

Also be sure to visit www.savethelorelais.org
Junkie
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #5316 on: May 21, 2007, 08:57:11 am »

Yeah, I agree, it was a great season finale but not a series finale!  Undecided

Wonny
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #5317 on: May 21, 2007, 09:08:11 am »

Yeah, I agree, it was a great season finale but not a series finale!  Undecided

Season 7 was the "bad Gilmore Girls time" and now we need the "good Gilmore Girls time" (season Cool.
I think everybody has sometimes a rough day or year, but it always get better. Wink Wink Wink
...season 8 - to see the better Gilmore Girls times...
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5318 on: May 21, 2007, 09:16:06 am »

does anyone know what our ratings of the last episode what our ratings for the last episode were?

Ratings for the original airing of the series season finale were up about 800K from last week to 4.755 million viewers just for the "fast" (overnight) nationals (which don't include college dorms and may ultimate result in an uptick of 100-150K, as Gg gets from that source on average.)

Fast nationals for last night's repeat of the series season finale are good news too, in proper context with Gg scoring 1.46 million viewers, up about 20% from a typical Gg repeat in its Tuesday night timeslot and beating the rerun of 7th Heaven's season series finale by nearly 300k.  The rerun of ANTM was virtually tied with Gg in terms of the Neisens' point ratings, but in terms of viewership Gg scored about 60K more than ANTM.  (Source  Nielsen Media Research data)

The ratings for the repeat of the episode last night are NOT added to the ratings of the original airing, they are treated as a special episode in its own timeslot.  However, they can still compare ratings for it versus other reruns of Gg in its own timeslot, compare it with reruns of other CW shows in the same Sunday night timeslot, etc.  There are ways to analyze the ratings other than simply adding the raw numbers of the repeat to the raw numbers of the original airing.

BTW, I know that someone in another thread posted an online petition at one of the smaller petition sites, but could somebody set up a petition at one of the biggies, www.petitiononline.com aimed at Dawn Ostroff, Lauren and Alexis?   I have to play the Birthday Card -- yes, today is my birthday (don't want to brag) so I'm not sure how much I'm going to be posting today other than the regular dailly announcements, so I need someone to take on this assignment and then spread the word to other forums.

Write that we've heard various rumors about who's to blame and we're not even going to address those points -- what we do know is that we're unsatisfied with this great season finale having to carry the burden of being the series finale that it clearly is not, that it's not a viable ending to the series.  Add links to 1) the Washington post article that interviews Kelly Bishop, Edward Herrmann and Liza Weil and note that we think they were all right about their assessments of the season finale at:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/14/AR2007051401693.html

and

Scott Patterson's exit interview with Michael Ausiello at:

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Exclusive-Q38a-Gilmore/800014859&start=0

and even mention that Lauren Graham was taken aback by the abrupt cancellation of the show in interviews with Michael Ausiello and Ellen.

Thanks,
Rob

---------------------
Season 8:  Because it'd be a great late birthday present.  (I count this entire post as only one incident of playing the Birthday Card.)

ETA the fast nationals for Sunday night's rerun.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 10:56:04 am by ShutUpRob » Logged
Chrissi
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #5319 on: May 21, 2007, 10:56:40 am »

hey guys.
i was very busy in the last couple of days so i think i missed a lot.
did heidi get an answer concerning the daisy campaign? or did anyone else get an answer?
i really wanna know Smiley

love, chrissi

...angel without wings
Junkie
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #5320 on: May 21, 2007, 11:00:36 am »

hey guys.
did heidi get an answer concerning the daisy campaign? or did anyone else get an answer?

love, chrissi
No, unfortunately not  Sad

KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5321 on: May 21, 2007, 11:03:19 am »

Happy Birthday Rob!

ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5322 on: May 21, 2007, 11:06:47 am »

hey guys.

love, chrissi

AFAIK, we haven't heard any response from The CW about the Daisy Campaign (and it would take me almost 90 pages now just to tally up those who have merely *posted here* that they sent daisies.  We have no way of knowing who might have sent daisies to them on their own (kudos to anyone that has sent daisies to them even without telling us).  OTOH, that doesn't mean anything because it can take time for the studios to respond.  Which means that no news means -- KEEP THOSE DAISIES COMIN' -- to The CW, to Lauren and to Alexis.  Send daisies via your local florist's national network to:

Ms. Dawn Ostroff, President of Entertainment
The CW Television Network
4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg 168
Burbank, CA 91522-0002

Lauren Graham
c/o John Carrabino Management
100 North Crescent Dr.
G-400
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Alexis Bledel
c/o Flutie Entertainment
6500 Wilshire Blvd
Suite 2240
Los Angeles, CA 90048

NOTE:  They're probably going to offer you their typical $40 or so vase arrangements of 2-3 dozen daisies, which are fine if you can afford them, but *ask* them if they can send just a dozen in a bouquet.  They probably can, but they don't advertise it because it's cheaper (and therefore less profitable for them in absolute terms) than the vase arrangements.

And be sure to call the comment line again today at 1-818-977-6878.  Especially since the line is probably going to quickly fill tomorrow with messages of protest from Veronica Mars fans.

-- Rob

----------------------
Season 8:  Because even Chris has the potential for one more storyline that has NOTHING to do with getting between Lor and Luke.

PS:  This is my 200th post.  And, wow, it's on my birthday.  Oy!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 11:41:20 am by ShutUpRob » Logged
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #5323 on: May 21, 2007, 11:10:52 am »

Happy birthday  Smiley

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
ObessedwithGG

Community Points: 16

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5324 on: May 21, 2007, 11:23:58 am »

Happy Birthday! Grin

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: