The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 12:51:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1730758 times)
sugarbell23
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5295 on: May 20, 2007, 08:26:14 pm »

Exactly, I almost didnt watch them,,my nine year old wont watch the finale...

its just too soon
Nvr2old4GG
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #5296 on: May 20, 2007, 08:49:11 pm »

http://root.pcmasters.at/upload/files/2659036-List_of_Advertisers.doc

* = an e-mail address on the above link

Dr. Pepper(2) * Toyota(2)* Campbell's(2)*
M&M Mars Swiffer Olive Garden
Old Navy Pur water filters Saturn
Oreos Citi Bank Kraft*
Mercury/Sirius Radio Rimmel Cosmetics (2) PediaSure/NutriPals bars
Veet* Clean&Clear moisture wash KMart
Chili's Olay Kellogg's*
T-Mobile Neutrogena Sunkist*

AND this last one is kind of ironic," Hyundai" with a voice-over by Edward Hermann (Richard Gilmore).

I have e-mailed several of these sponsors and have gotten replies from all of them. Alot said they would forward the message to their marketing/advertising departments. I have participated in contract negotiations and there are ALWAYS ways to COMPROMISE.
Stillstanding
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #5297 on: May 20, 2007, 08:50:44 pm »

I wrote to Michael Ausiello many many times and told him all about this.. gave him this website.. told him exactly how we felt and what we were gonna do.. I don't know if he read my e-mails or not.. I don't think he can do anything tho... Im still hoping we get some sort of feedback from those flowers that got sent.. it would be rude not to say thank u lol.. hopefully starting tomorrow i can do more with helping.. but ive been doing homework for like a week staight without a break.. everyday.. i hate summer classes.. so i can't wait to get going on my thousands of letters.. damn stamps had to go up in price lol.. i should spray a scent on my letters so they will be known.. they already have a purple and blue stripped envelope and pink paper.. lol.. what more could i do to get noticed.. i wonder if they would mail one of those really huge cards.. like the ones on valentines day they are like 3 book by 2 foot cards lol.. that would get noticed Tongue keep going guys! I had a dream that they were coming out with a movie for us b/c they didn't want to dissappoint us Smiley

Stillstanding
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #5298 on: May 20, 2007, 08:52:09 pm »

Oreos Citi Bank Kraft*
Chili's Olay Kellogg's*

AND this last one is kind of ironic," Hyundai" with a voice-over by Edward Hermann (Richard Gilmore).

I have e-mailed several of these sponsors and have gotten replies from all of them. Alot said they would forward the message to their marketing/advertising departments. I have participated in contract negotiations and there are ALWAYS ways to COMPROMISE.

Wow.. whats all this? are these companies gonna advertize about our website or something? lol.. it sounds good even tho i don't know what its all about.. Tongue Should we add american eagle on there for the aerie products?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 08:53:25 pm by Stillstanding » Logged

Nvr2old4GG
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #5299 on: May 20, 2007, 09:01:53 pm »

Oops......these are the national companies that advertised during the SEASON FINALE! Notice I live in "DENIAL!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Nvr2old4GG on Today at 08:48:48 PM

2=2 commercials in the one hour show

Oreos Citi Bank Kraft*
Chili's Olay Kellogg's*

ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5300 on: May 20, 2007, 09:59:42 pm »

FTR, I was off taping all three feeds of Gg that I get in the hopes that perhaps my satellite dish records viewership for the Nielsens or something. Okay, I taped them all because I can. WPIX, KWGN, KTLA. That's what happens when there's no CW station in your area, you have to get the Superstations package that makes it easier to timeshift everything. Wink  (But I was actually watching Talladega Nights and To Live and Die in L.A.  Thanks for asking.)

@ As for Veronica Mars: It's officially cancelled -- it's not even going to survive as that misguided FBI flash-forward revamp. (Thank god, I'd rather have that series cancelled now than do the same sort of flash-forward that they're doing with One Tree Hill. One gimmick per season per network, please.)  Read on at:  http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Veronica-Mars-Boss/800015393

Seriously, though, Rob Thomas said to Ausiello at TV Guide that it's done, the writers are all off looking for other jobs (that theoretically, they'd be looking for at the same time as Gilmore writers would be.)

The only reason that it wasn't labelled the series finale is because the preview monkeys decided to not change the commercial. Basically, the same thing happened after the Gg cancellation was announced. The previews for Unto the Breach that aired during Smallville and Supernatural and whatever else that week weren't changed to announce that it was the next-to-last-episode of the series season. I'm sure that when they do the intro for the episode on Tuesday, they'll change it and do a Thank You at the end, too.

@ lizsh: Could we change the name of Assignment: Alexis to Project: Alexis? The alliteration blinded me to how stalkery Assignment: Alexis sounds. While Project: Alexis sounds more like a mad scientist thing, and I'm okay with that. Wink

@ Good news for us to redouble our efforts yet again: CBS has decided to do something to end Jericho. Lookee this from the Auseillo Report regarding Jericho:

"CBS Promises "Closure" for Jericho Fans
http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Cbs-Promises-Closure/800015581

Jericho fans are proving to be da bomb at marshalling their resources.

The monstrous public outcry surrounding the show's cancelation prompted CBS' entertainment president Nina Tassler to take the unusual step of posting the following message at CBS.com over the weekend...

To the fans of Jericho:

We have read your emails over the past few days and have been touched by the depth and passion with which you have expressed your disappointment. Please know that canceling a television series is a very difficult decision. Hundreds of people at the Network, the production company and the incredibly-talented creative team worked very hard to build and serve the community for this show -- both on-air and online. It is a show we loved too.

Thank you for supporting Jericho with such passion. We truly appreciate the commitment you made to the series and we are humbled by your disappointment. In the coming weeks, we hope to develop a way to provide closure to the compelling drama that was the Jericho story.

Sincerely,

Nina Tassler, President of CBS Entertainment

OK, Jericho fans, how would you like your closure served? In the form of a TV movie? A miniseries? A 300-word essay from producers? An Off Broadway show? Post your ideas in the comments section below. Clearly, CBS is paying attention."

NOTE: That's why I chose to specifically target Dawn Ostroff, who holds the same position at The CW. Ours' is a bit more difficult task because we're pushing for at least a 13-episode real final season. But keep spreading the word -- if Jericho as a first year show can get a finale of some kind (even though we don't know what it is yet), then heck, what does that say about the potential for getting more for a veteran show that deserves to go out under waaaay better circumstances (ie: with style)?

Okay, time to start flooding the CW's phones. Paul Macguire, VP in charge of Publicity/Media Relations is 1-818-977-0040 and his voicemail should be sooo not empty right now.(and I'm going to say now, with the last name of Macguire and its gazillion spellings, I'm going to apologize into the ether for inevitably getting it wrong.) Otherwise, please phone The CW's comment lines after about 11am ET, 8am PT tomorrow. Keep writing Dawn Ostroff letters and let's doubly make sure that SOMEBODY can find out the date of and get to Alexis's taping of Letterman this week.

Anybody who's sent daisies to Lauren and/or Alexis, but not Dawn Ostroff, if you can afford it, please send a bouquet to Ostroff ASAP and spread the word about the Daisy Campaign.

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8: Because Jericho has proven: No retreat, no surrender.

(BTW, I'm also a fan of Jericho, so even though there was no way in heck I was going to split my energy between Gg and a show that was only in my top 10, I'm still giddy that Jericho is getting a real ending of some kind.)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 10:03:05 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
SerenitylovesGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #5301 on: May 20, 2007, 10:02:28 pm »

Can everyone do something Lets all send to our local news in the major citys of your states and post here what states have been sent to. Our goal is to send in to atleast one major new station/paper for every state. The people whos actual tv choices could should be shown that GG is worth watching. Lets get the word out. Make this public. I live in Washinton State and I am planning on sending letters to Seattle wa and Spokane WA. Good luck everyone
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #5302 on: May 20, 2007, 10:39:02 pm »

Can everyone do something Lets all send to our local news in the major citys of your states and post here what states have been sent to. Our goal is to send in to atleast one major new station/paper for every state. The people whos actual tv choices could should be shown that GG is worth watching. Lets get the word out. Make this public. I live in Washinton State and I am planning on sending letters to Seattle wa and Spokane WA. Good luck everyone

Just be sure to write your own thing every time.  Newspapers have astroturf detectors, so be sure not to take something that somebody else wrote and just sign your name to it.  Speak from the heart, be original, we've certainly got a lot of facts on our side for why Gg should be renewed (such as, duh, its high ratings), but just make sure that your letter is your own.  I'm saying this just to stress that newspapers are very persnickety about astroturf (form-letter spam sent into the letter columns), so astroturf would hurt our cause.

-- Rob

------------------------
Season 8:  Because it's at least a year too soon to move Grey's Anatomy to the #1 slot on my DVR's priority list, darn it!
katie_lou

Community Points: 34

In Omnia Paratus

View Profile
« Reply #5303 on: May 20, 2007, 11:05:36 pm »

The CW seriously cancelled Veronica Mars and allowed Gilmore girls to end in the same season? As well as ending 7th Heaven? Seriously are they on crack? Admittedly I don't watch Veronica Mars but I was under the impression that VM and GG were both fairly popular and fairly important to the CW's ability to win viewers. Now they've lost 3 shows in a matter of weeks so how are they hoping to stay remotely competitive when a new ratings season starts and they have to rebuild that many fan bases? And why hasn't Dawn Ostroff realised this and pushed for our 13 episodes?
closemike
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5304 on: May 20, 2007, 11:12:16 pm »

Exactly, I almost didnt watch them,,my nine year old wont watch the finale...

Your nine year old is intuitively protecting his/her imagination.

The roots of this practice go all the way back to "1001 Arabian Nights", where the last living maiden Scheharazade entertains her evil king by telling him stories. She continuously quits for the night, but leaves the story dangling, unfinished, and so keeps the kings curiousity picqued, and in doing so saves her own life, night in and night out.

Substitute "imagination" for Scheherazade and you can see that "imagination" is an archetype that thrives in an environment of "many possibilities" ... possibilities literally "turn it on" and keep the "evil king" at bay.

So it comes as no surprise that when GG was ended awkwardly, unsatisfyingly, that it would rub us as wrongly as it has: in the morning the king will kill our maiden...or--that big part of our imaginations that has been reserved for Gilmore Girls is presently threatened with extinction; there may be no new possibilities for Lorelai, Luke, Rory, etc....

We are, in a sense, fighting to keep a big part of our imaginations from being wrongfully terminated.

Mike
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 11:52:59 pm by closemike » Logged
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #5305 on: May 20, 2007, 11:27:17 pm »

Preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesenting:

"Project: Alexis!"[/size]

(The Project Formerly Known as "Assignment: Alexis" before I realized that "Assignment: Alexis" sounded too stalkery -- I was dazzled by the alliteration -- and decided that "Project: Alexis" sounded more cool in a mad scientist sort of way.)

(cue Mission: Impossible theme music)

NEW EPISODES OF THE LATE SHOW WITH DAVID LETTERMAN ARE OFTEN TAPED IN ADVANCE. Alexis Bledel, Rory Gilmore herself, is going to appear on The Late Show this Friday, May 25th, ostensibly to promote her new movie, "I'm Reed Fish," but it seems to me that the subject of the show is gonna come up, y'know? Most commonly, Friday episodes are apparently taped along with the Thursday episodes on (duh) Thursdays. For this reason, I'm asking any of you who are over the age of 18 who might live around NYC to go to the Ed Sullivan Theater to ask 1) what day this week Alexis is going to tape her appearance on the show and 2) if there are any tickets still available. If you can still get in, then great! Don't think -- book the tickets (IIRC, they're cheap free). Even if they say it's totally booked (and it might not be), please post here and/or to the facebook group when she's going to be there.

We need someone over the age of 18 who lives in the NYC area to take the leadership of this project. The ticket offices are open on WEEKDAY MORNINGS from 9:30am to 12:30pm and the phone number below is a recording that does NOT foward you to any human voice for ticket information unless tickets are available for that night's taping(s) of the show. We need to know what day this week Alexis will be taping her appearance on the show in order to get the project up and running ASAP.

Please Organize a Save Gilmore ad hoc meeting outside the theater on the taping day -- taping generally starts IIRC around 5:00pm ET or so, so arriving around 4pm or earlier would be optimal, but for those of you who can't, get there as soon as you can. Buy yellow daisies to have delivered to her or someone else who wrangles the audience outside the theater if they are allowed to do this. Print out large season 8 logos and either make your own buttons out of them or just pin the paper print out (cut it out into a circle) onto your shirt or jacket/hoodie and wear them outside the theater as an ID. Give her daisies, give her written letters that you might otherwise send by snail mail. Those of you who arrive during the taping, still try to get flowers and your letters delivered before she leaves from the taping. Take my suggestions for letter-writing ettiquette that I'lll post here again in a few minutes (as soon as I'm finished editing them again). Please remember to politely ask the Letterman crew if you can do this -- they might want to make something of it on the show (and if they don't ask you if they can make something of it on the show, ask them yourselves.) Also, if you're at least high school age (please, no younger than 16), hang out at Rupert Jee's Hello, Deli during the taping and have placards in hand, an enlarged Season 8 Mandate Logo pasted on posterboard or cardboard may be all that's needed.

Also, we need someone to volunteer to lead this project ASAP! I'm in Central Missouri, so I obviously can't do it. Wink Bringing out your banners and T-shirts and placards -- everything that you'd do if you were in front of the Today Show window would be super, too. Heck, stand in front of the Today Show window that morning, too, if you can!

Here's the information for tickets for Letterman. I've cut & pasted them directly from the CBS.com website:

----------------------------------

The Late Show With David Letterman -- Ticket Information

Request Tickets In Person

If you would like to submit an audience ticket request in person, we have representatives in our lobby to process your submission:
Monday - Friday: 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

We are located at:
1697 Broadway
Between West 53rd and West 54th Streets

Please do not line up prior to 9:00 a.m. Anyone violating this policy will not be eligible to receive tickets.

Please note the following:
1.) Tickets will be awarded randomly to those submitting audience ticket requests in person. We will notify those chosen via phone.

2.) Due to the large volume of requests, each individual may apply for tickets no more than once in any six month period. Individuals who have attended the show are not eligible to attend for another six months from the date of attendance.

3.) Individuals may submit requests for tickets from up to one month in advance of the taping date up to and including (subject to availability) the day of the show. Selecting more dates to attend the show will increase your chances of receiving tickets.

4.) Tickets are non-transferable and may only be requested by the person that will attend the show. When meeting with a staff member in person, you will be asked to name the person you wish to bring with you to the show. If ticketed, we will ONLY be able to admit you and that specific person previously identified as your guest.

5.) Government-issued picture I.D. with a birth date and mailing address are required for both the in-person application and check-in at the show.

Due to the large volume of requests, each individual may only apply for tickets no more than once in any six month period. Individuals who have attended the show are not eligible to attend for another six months from the date of attendance.

The minimum age to attend the show is 18 years old.

Please note that we receive many more requests for tickets than we are able to fulfill, and that we therefore cannot guarantee availability. We reserve the right to deny admission at any time. Shows may cancel and schedules and/or audience requirements may alter at any time. We require all audience members to follow our rules and regulations as a condition of attending the show. Without limiting the foregoing, we do not allow cell phones, pagers, cameras, sound recorders or other recording devices in the theater.

Stand-By Tickets

Stand-by tickets are available by calling (212) 247-6497 starting at 11:00 a.m. on the day of the taping you wish to attend. Your name will be taken and you will be placed on our stand by list in the order we receive your call. You will be asked to check in to the theater at a specific time approximately 1 hour before the taping. You will only be admitted to the actual taping in the event seats remain after all of the regularly ticketed guests are accommodated. We will keep the above phone line open for approximately 30-60 minutes or until we fill our allocation of stand by slots, which varies from day to day. As with all of our tickets, all attendees must present a government-issued picture I.D. to match the name(s) given on the phone.

-------------------------

So, is there anyone here who's over 18 and lives in the NYC area who can take the leadership of this project? Does anyone know someone over the age of 18 who lives in NYC who might want to take the leadership of this project -- etiher personally or on other MBs or facebook or myspace, etc.? Does anyone over the age of 18 who lives in NYC or commute distance into NYC want to take part in the project but doesn't necessarily want to lead it?

Please volunteer here if you're willing to take on this project. Please cross-post this project to other MBs and social websites.

I have additional ideas for the project if/when someone signs on for it, including asking any people in line who want to see Gg be revived to sign a giant posterboard with their name, town and state.

-- Rob

----------------------
Season 8: Because I'm an ersistentpay astardbay, artpay ootay.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 11:38:44 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5306 on: May 21, 2007, 01:55:59 am »

Just want to confirm all of the various projects the G8M has 'sponsered':
   Letter writing to Ms. Dawn Ostroff, President of Entertainment at the CW network, Ms. Alexis Bledel, who plays Rory Gilmore, Lauren Graham, who plays Lorelei Gilmore, and other cast members.
   Voicemail calls to the CW viewer comment line.
   Assignment Alexis: support Ms. Alexis Bledel at her taping of The Late Show With David Letterman
   Poster Project: send large scale posters that support the Great8Mandate, and ask for another 13 episodes
   Contact Gilmore Girl Advertisers: Contact advertisers, and ask for their support of the Great8Mandate
   Operation Daisy Duke: Send bouquets of yellow daisies to Ms. Dawn Ostroff, Ms. Alexis Bledel, Ms. Lauren Graham, and other cast members.
(Sorry: this is copied directly from the rough draft of the press release)

Hi,
I just wanted to add a few things that we've done before GG got officially canceled.
*) Photo Campaipgn: Pictures from/with participants, that show their support
*) CD: Favourite songs that are somehow connected to GG (don't know, to whom it was sent, though)
*) "Advertising videos": Videos on youtube.com to show our support & gain more people for G8M
*) Voting sessions: The goal was to win the SaveOneShow-Poll on E!Online - we did it, cause we had many, many people who were voting there

If someone can think of anything else - please feel free to add it here. And boy - we've already done a lot;

Mak
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #5307 on: May 21, 2007, 02:49:10 am »

Hey Rob, I'll ask you again, why don't you put all those wonderful reasons for season 8 you keep listing at the end of your posts together: I think all together, they'd make a playful yet very impressive plea for our case (and a good read Wink).

Also, someone here suggested Heidi or you could E-mail all the members of this forum to inform them of all your efforts and what more could be done. VERY IMPORTANT I think, to spread the news and avoid this campaign turning into an incestuous affair. I think a lot of GG fans have sort of given up and don't even know there ever was a G8M, certainly not that it's still going strong, and that G8M COULD GET A LOT STRONGER if you spread the message as efficiently as possible, also to other fansites. I also followed the link to a petition somebody posted, and found there were only 300 and something signatures for GG. It should be possible to keep that link popping up so that more people would know about it and use it.  I'm not much of a forum or computer-geek (only for GG!), or else I'd try to help in that department. And isn't there a way we could monitor things, say make a list somehow/somewhere (on this site) where supporters could sign in with their full name, age, origin (I'm from Europe myself) and (in a very black and white, concrete manner) list how many letters, posters, bouquets or flowers they have sent/are sending, when and to whom, not to start weighing things of or make it a competition, but to allow someone (you Rob, or Heidi?) to have a better view on how things are progressing and to coordinate everybody's efforts or see in what area more things could be done, or how things could be more focussed or structured? This could also serve as some sort of a poll about GG's audience advertisers might be interested in.

Also, from what I understand, a lot of people have been watching GG with their kids, their mother ..., that it's a cross-generational show. Couldn't  this be an interesting topic for one of those day-time talk-shows? I'm guessing Oprah is aiming a little too high (although, why not!) but maybe contacting smaller networks and people responsible for gathering topics for that kind of shows could bring GG in the spotlights for that reason, and that could lead to talking about why it's a shame it's been cancelled and  how outraged we are, not because they took the boat out of our garage, but the way they took the boat out of our garage!

gilmoregirl0034
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

ABC family at 5 and CW tuesdays at 8!! my favorite

View Profile
« Reply #5308 on: May 21, 2007, 03:39:26 am »

does anyone know what our ratings of the last episode what our ratings for the last episode were?

"I have absolutely no intrest in changing myself in order for people to like me more.... I'm in a very good, healthy place.  I've got an amazing family.  I have a wonderful job, and people aren't sick of me yet."
04/16/2003 -Shannen Doherty
CRUSADERS
Not ready to say Goodbye to Gilmore Girls!!!
bgraham34
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5309 on: May 21, 2007, 05:48:53 am »

I think instead of a 13 episode shortened season I think a 2 hour finale would do just fine. I think that is more realistic for the network and for the actors involved. This will allow the hectic schedule for those involved to be lessened by the 2 hour movie.
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: