The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 12:26:24 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1729450 times)
JillianLovesFood
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #5280 on: May 20, 2007, 05:17:27 pm »

I don't want to jinx anything but I feel a shift in something coming soon. I don't know if it's a bad or good shift but I do feel like the scales are starting to tip in our favor. I think if we keep up with the letter writing and finding newer ways of reaching out to people involved in making the "no"/"yes" decisions we have a good chance of getting something going. I also favor contacting more magazines and newspapers about this issue so we can spread the awareness and make an even bigger impression for the need for an 8th season. I hope Dawn is starting to realize that maybe a Season 8 has more potential then what she thought with her veiwers. I also hope Dawn is starting to be aware that focusing solely on teenaged audiences and discriminating against older aged veiwers is just going to sink her network even further. It's part of the reason why they did so bad THIS year. Gilmore Girls is one of the only scripted shows that continiously brought ratings to the network and brought different age brackets together. Gilmore Girls is one of the five main shows on their network responsible for what ever ratings they DID get this year.

To shut Gilmore Girls off compeletly in the manner in which they did only reflects how the CW doesn't care for veiwers in general and will severly hurt their network next fall. They need to realize that GG fans are among those veiwers who would be trying out their new stupid original shows and if they feel wronged they won't be willing to try the new shows out in compared to happy veiwers. The CW will loose so much money they won't be able to afford any good actors. They will have to focus on reality shows and that's just pathetic. The networks that are kicking butt right now are doing so because they have an excellent blend of well scripted shows and original reality/ game shows that appeal to most ages. I can think right away to Fox channel. They have: "24", "Prison Break", "Bones", "House", "American Idol", "Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader?", and alot more to add that I can't think of for the moment. NBC has "Heroes", "The Office", "My Name is Earl", "Deal or No Deal", and etc. Next year all that CW would have for large fans is; "Smallville", "One Tree Hill", "Next Top Model", "Pussycat Dolls...", perhaps "Beauty and the Geek" but only in the fall not in the spring against AI, and if they're extremely lucky then maybe one of their original shows. That's it. Sooo sad. They REALLY need GG and GG fan support there! Why can't Dawn and the CW see that?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 06:27:44 pm by JillianLovesFood » Logged

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5281 on: May 20, 2007, 05:23:48 pm »

I don't know what this means, and it probably doesn't affect our cause, but tonight they advertised the next VM as the "season" finale not 'series'...? Did I miss something? And I did leave quite the eloquent comment on the CW line, I must say; I wish I could transcribe it into a letter...

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #5282 on: May 20, 2007, 06:11:22 pm »

I don't know what this means, and it probably doesn't affect our cause, but tonight they advertised the next VM as the "season" finale not 'series'...? Did I miss something? And I did leave quite the eloquent comment on the CW line, I must say; I wish I could transcribe it into a letter...

Didn't VM get cancelled??

love is blind so you didn't see me.
gimoregirls1992ab
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 2

Oy with the poodles already!

View Profile
« Reply #5283 on: May 20, 2007, 06:41:41 pm »

Didn't VM get cancelled??

I thought it did, but I saw that advertisement too and now im not really sure....hmm  Undecided

It's hard to wait around for something that you
know might never happen but its even
harder to give up especially when its
everything that you ever wanted....
meeyamii
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

Last time I buy anything just because it's fuzzy.

View Profile
« Reply #5284 on: May 20, 2007, 06:43:35 pm »

I thought it got Cancelled to... And Girlfriends... but I just saw the advertisement for a TWO hour SEASON Finale??!?!?

GG didn't even get a 2 hour SERIES Finale.

Angry

"You will meet an annoying woman today. Give her coffee and she'll go away."
Nvr2old4GG
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #5285 on: May 20, 2007, 06:53:08 pm »

I am officially "SMAD!" as I watch the finale again.  Both Lorelai and Rory kept saying, "Its too soon!" As Lorelai and Rory got the suitcases ready, Lorelai said, "I feel ambushed!!!  I need more time."  Boy, isn't that the truth!???  I am going to list all of the major sponsors of tonight's encore presentation but before I do.....I am "SMAD" because "Veronica Mars" got canceled on Thursday but it gets a 2 hour finale.  And "One Tree Hill" gets (and I quote) from the commerical, "A Full Night Event."  What is that all about?Huh   I know, these were also filmed and wrapped before all contracts were signed....but to just say GG is a season/series finale with only an hour, simply not fair!  On the topic of Alexis on "Letterman", I really think she will continue to be as professional as she has always been (no scandulous pictures in the tabloids, etc).  She can NOT bite the Hollywood hand that feeds her.  That is also why I think Lauren was as diplomatic as she could be on "Ellen."  I agree that Lauren's underlying message on "Ellen" was that they would do the episodes if they could be given more consideration about the filming schedule.  She couldn't very well bad-mouth anyone either!!! And if they want a little more $$...,geesh, give it to them because I see nothing else to watch on the CW!.......  And now to the major sponsors on the finale:  (2=2 different commericals in the same hour.)

Dr. Pepper(2)                        Toyota(2)                            Campbell's(2)              
M&M Mars                              Swiffer                                Olive Garden
Old Navy                               Pur water filters                    Saturn
Oreos                                   Citi Bank                               Kraft
Mercury/Sirius Radio                Rimmel Cosmetics (2)             PediaSure/NutriPals bars
Veet                                    Clean&Clear moisture wash      KMart
Chili's                                    Olay                                    Kellogg's
T-Mobile                               Neutrogena                          Sunkist

AND this last one is kind of ironic," Hyundai"  with a voice-over by Edward Hermann (Richard Gilmore).        

I have e-mailed several of these sponsors and have gotten replies from all of them.  Alot said they would forward the message to their marketing/advertising departments.  I have participated in contract negotiations and there are ALWAYS ways to COMPROMISE.

Thanks for reading this!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 07:01:20 pm by Nvr2old4GG » Logged
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5286 on: May 20, 2007, 07:06:18 pm »

Thanks for that great reply- I'm off to write some emails to Hyundai (the irony!) and the companies that had 2 commercials... the Veronica Mars thing is blowing my mind... Where is Rob- he would know what's going on...

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #5287 on: May 20, 2007, 07:18:48 pm »

Well, Veronica Mars and GG both had a full season -- 22 one-hour episodes.  They're just spaced out differently (for instance, VM's season premiere was in October).  They're putting VM's last two episodes together on the same night.  However, I did notice it said "season finale" instead of "series finale" for VM.

meeyamii
Stars Hollow Tourist

Last time I buy anything just because it's fuzzy.

View Profile
« Reply #5288 on: May 20, 2007, 07:26:59 pm »

I am officially "SMAD!" as I watch the finale again.  Both Lorelai and Rory kept saying, "Its too soon!" As Lorelai and Rory got the suitcases ready, Lorelai said, "I feel ambushed!!!  I need more time."  Boy, isn't that the truth!???  I am going to list all of the major sponsors of tonight's encore presentation but before I do.....I am "SMAD" because "Veronica Mars" got canceled on Thursday but it gets a 2 hour finale.  And "One Tree Hill" gets (and I quote) from the commerical, "A Full Night Event."  What is that all about?Huh   I know, these were also filmed and wrapped before all contracts were signed....but to just say GG is a season/series finale with only an hour, simply not fair!  On the topic of Alexis on "Letterman", I really think she will continue to be as professional as she has always been (no scandulous pictures in the tabloids, etc).  She can NOT bite the Hollywood hand that feeds her.  That is also why I think Lauren was as diplomatic as she could be on "Ellen."  I agree that Lauren's underlying message on "Ellen" was that they would do the episodes if they could be given more consideration about the filming schedule.  

When was Alexis Bledel on Letterman? Do you have an internet or video link?

I saw Lauren on "Ellen" - she found out about the cancellation the night before!! WTF!

I SMAD too!!!

"You will meet an annoying woman today. Give her coffee and she'll go away."
lizsh
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

Gilmore Girls Season 8!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5289 on: May 20, 2007, 07:37:11 pm »

Just want to confirm all of the various projects the G8M has 'sponsered':
•   Letter writing to Ms. Dawn Ostroff, President of Entertainment at the CW network, Ms. Alexis Bledel, who plays Rory Gilmore, Lauren Graham, who plays Lorelei Gilmore, and other cast members.
•   Voicemail calls to the CW viewer comment line.
•   Assignment Alexis: support Ms. Alexis Bledel at her taping of The Late Show With David Letterman
•   Poster Project: send large scale posters that support the Great8Mandate, and ask for another 13 episodes
•   Contact Gilmore Girl Advertisers: Contact advertisers, and ask for their support of the Great8Mandate
•   Operation Daisy Duke: Send bouquets of yellow daisies to Ms. Dawn Ostroff, Ms. Alexis Bledel, Ms. Lauren Graham, and other cast members.
(Sorry: this is copied directly from the rough draft of the press release)

HELP SAVE GILMORE GIRLS!!! Season 8!
britni
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #5290 on: May 20, 2007, 07:41:14 pm »

I am officially "SMAD!" as I watch the finale again.  Both Lorelai and Rory kept saying, "Its too soon!" As Lorelai and Rory got the suitcases ready, Lorelai said, "I feel ambushed!!!  I need more time."  Boy, isn't that the truth!???  I am going to list all of the major sponsors of tonight's encore presentation but before I do.....I am "SMAD" because "Veronica Mars" got canceled on Thursday but it gets a 2 hour finale.  And "One Tree Hill" gets (and I quote) from the commerical, "A Full Night Event."  What is that all about?Huh   I know, these were also filmed and wrapped before all contracts were signed....but to just say GG is a season/series finale with only an hour, simply not fair!  On the topic of Alexis on "Letterman", I really think she will continue to be as professional as she has always been (no scandulous pictures in the tabloids, etc).  She can NOT bite the Hollywood hand that feeds her.  That is also why I think Lauren was as diplomatic as she could be on "Ellen."  I agree that Lauren's underlying message on "Ellen" was that they would do the episodes if they could be given more consideration about the filming schedule.  She couldn't very well bad-mouth anyone either!!! And if they want a little more $$...,geesh, give it to them because I see nothing else to watch on the CW!.......  And now to the major sponsors on the finale:  (2=2 different commericals in the same hour.)

Dr. Pepper(2)                        Toyota(2)                            Campbell's(2)             
M&M Mars                              Swiffer                                Olive Garden
Old Navy                               Pur water filters                    Saturn
Oreos                                   Citi Bank                               Kraft
Mercury/Sirius Radio                Rimmel Cosmetics (2)             PediaSure/NutriPals bars
Veet                                    Clean&Clear moisture wash      KMart
Chili's                                    Olay                                    Kellogg's
T-Mobile                               Neutrogena                          Sunkist

AND this last one is kind of ironic," Hyundai"  with a voice-over by Edward Hermann (Richard Gilmore).        

I have e-mailed several of these sponsors and have gotten replies from all of them.  Alot said they would forward the message to their marketing/advertising departments.  I have participated in contract negotiations and there are ALWAYS ways to COMPROMISE.

Thanks for reading this!

Do you have the email adresses for some of these sponsors?

P.S. maybe the VM thing is good for us, maybe the CW is sarting to realize there new lineup is'nt that good.

If you want closure to Gilmore Girls story, either by movie or a season 8 be sure to sign the petition at:
www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate

Also be sure to visit www.savethelorelais.org
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #5291 on: May 20, 2007, 07:46:45 pm »

When was Alexis Bledel on Letterman? Do you have an internet or video link?

I saw Lauren on "Ellen" - she found out about the cancellation the night before!! WTF!

I SMAD too!!!

Alexis will be on Letterman on May 25 (this coming friday) don't worry, you didnt miss it!

About the cancellation: i know! and when she was at dinner! they like hunted her down haha.

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
theladyjedi
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #5292 on: May 20, 2007, 07:48:02 pm »

Veronica Mars hasn't been officially cancelled, but actually is. Situation is somewhat complicated. To read all the details, go to E!online and read Kristen. Also, go to TVguide.com and read Ausiello's pages: Ask Ausiello and the Ausiello Report. They both also covered the upfronts in person which you will find interesting.
        Darlene     theladyjedi
Irisheyes22
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5293 on: May 20, 2007, 08:04:00 pm »

Another newbie logging in...although I have been a long time lurker of the site and this thread.  I have been emailing and will start snail mailing this week to keep the hope alive!  Have watched GG for a few years, and got caught up on the years I didn't see on ABC Family.  I am definitly out of the CW demigraphics - but have seen in my own family the age span this show appeals to. GG will just be replaced by more garbage on "regular" tv, which means I'll spend more and more time watching Discovery Channel or any of the other cable channels. 
Anyway - I just wanted to officially join the site, and will join the effort to "un-cancel" the show.  It's been done before for other shows.   I Tivo'd the last two episodes.......not sure when I will watch them, but I just couldn't bear to watch them live.  I guess I think that if I haven't watched them, the show won't be over!  Am I in denial or what!!!!
MonicaKeller
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5294 on: May 20, 2007, 08:25:24 pm »

Why don't some of us write to Ask Ausiello  and let him know what we are doing. Maybe he can put something in his column about what we are doing. It reaches a lot of people. Maybe those people have no clue what's going  on and this would help us put by getting more people.  E-mail him at:  [email protected]

Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: