The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 11:50:46 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1765028 times)
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5250 on: May 20, 2007, 02:59:02 am »

For those who are wondering, I haven't received any response from the flowers that GilmoreGirls.org ordered for Lauren, Alexis, and Dawn.  Each flower arrangement was delivered with a card that included my e-mail address and snail mail address in hopes of receiving some kind of reply.  In the event I do hear back, I'll be sure to find the nearest computer and let everyone know.

~Heidi 

Flame    Flame
Wonny
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #5251 on: May 20, 2007, 04:35:29 am »

For those who are wondering, I haven't received any response from the flowers that GilmoreGirls.org ordered for Lauren, Alexis, and Dawn.  Each flower arrangement was delivered with a card that included my e-mail address and snail mail address in hopes of receiving some kind of reply.  In the event I do hear back, I'll be sure to find the nearest computer and let everyone know.

~Heidi 

I wrote a e-mail to David Letterman Wink
Wonny
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #5252 on: May 20, 2007, 07:07:53 am »

~Heidi 

Please all of you  write to

[email protected]          or        [email protected]    and say that you want the aricle about

the Great8Mandate
Wonny
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #5253 on: May 20, 2007, 07:18:04 am »

~Heidi 

Please all of you  write to

[email protected]          or        [email protected]    and say that you want the aricle about

the Great8Mandate
Junkie
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

We NEED season 8! Keep on fighting! ;-)

View Profile
« Reply #5254 on: May 20, 2007, 08:08:47 am »

(although I am a little afraid, what she's going to say about GG on the show).

same here... although i'm curious, i'm afraid of what she's going to say  Undecided i don't want her to dash our hopes  Embarrassed

PS: this forum has been working very slowly for a couple of hours... does anyone have the same problem or is it just my computer?
edit: forget it, it's okay again  Wink
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 08:15:41 am by Junkie » Logged

ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5255 on: May 20, 2007, 08:18:32 am »

~Heidi 

I'm gonna add that when I sent my flowers to Dawn Ostroff last Tuesday, I added my snail mail address to the card

I also identify myself as one of the two people responsible for "all those daisies Dawn is getting" and I leave my phone number when I call the comment line.  (Actually, the time I called Paul Macguire's office voicemail, I left my phone number and identified my membership in the Mandate, too.

Sometimes the mail takes weeks to process -- even when they've received the daisies, they may be putting the cards in a stack to answer all at once later.  I'll definitely let everyone know if I get a response, too.

-- Rob

--------------------------
Season 8:  Because I want to know if Gypsy and Andrew are ever going to hook up.  (Ooooo!  So much sexual tension!)
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #5256 on: May 20, 2007, 08:22:06 am »

me too because she was the one who mostly wanted to end it. I dop have a feeling, though, that she is going to say that she is glad that it is over.

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
Junkie
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #5257 on: May 20, 2007, 08:36:53 am »

me too because she was the one who mostly wanted to end it. I dop have a feeling, though, that she is going to say that she is glad that it is over.
i also think that she's going to say something like that... i wish she considered at least guest appearances on GG. that would maybe be a step forward to a new season. anyway, i don't want to get discouraged by her interview!  Embarrassed

Mrs.L.Danes
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

I'm in, I'm All in for Season 8!!

View Profile
« Reply #5258 on: May 20, 2007, 09:28:29 am »

On Teavee, I voted as fast as I could, and could only get 2 votes in before the time was up.  How are people getting 9 or 11 votes in?   There is even a red bar that does not let you vote till it turns green.

Okay, if I get the cursor where it belongs, then just keep typing in the number and click enter when the bar gets green, I can get 4 or 5 votes.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 09:46:28 am by Mrs.L.Danes » Logged

TO THOSE WHO APPRECIATE
WISTERIA AND SUNSHINE
SMALL MEDIEVAL ITALIAN CASTLE
On the shores of the Mediterranean to
Be Let Furnished for the month of
April, Servants Remain
closemike
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5259 on: May 20, 2007, 09:50:32 am »

i also think that she's going to say something like that... i wish she considered at least guest appearances on GG. that would maybe be a step forward to a new season. anyway, i don't want to get discouraged by her interview!  Embarrassed

I wouldn't worry about that. She'd have to be completely forgetting that Gg is responsible for launching, if not nurturing her career. Didn't she land the role of Rory fresh out of acting school?

Anyway, "Rory" has helped her grow into a fine actress; if she does  mention "relief" I guarantee it will be tempered with much gratitude for "Rory".

Mike
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 09:51:41 am by closemike » Logged
WeBelong793
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5260 on: May 20, 2007, 09:53:54 am »

:'(i'm really dissapionted to hear they haen't renewed gilmore girls season 8 YET, but i'm SO releaved that the series isnt officailly over. I don't care what other people say, Gilmore Girls is NOT over!! Its great that there are so many people supporting giving Gilmore Girls another season as it deserves, just because it had one no so great season to many Gilmore fans opinion doesn't mean it can't have a GREAT 8th season and be brought back!!! Lets keep our fingers crossed, and out Daisys and support coming!!!!
Lauren-Junkie
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 2

GG, Golden Retrievers,books- That's me!

View Profile
« Reply #5261 on: May 20, 2007, 10:05:10 am »

Oh no, god what is happening right now?!

It's just so sad, I cry....Gilmore girls is just gone?
Nothing left but a memory, we can watch the seasons on and on , but we never get to see whats happening after season 7!!
And I'm a big Lauren Graham fan, hope she does lots of movies , cause if she don't I don't get to see her so much either!!
God this sucks!  But we did all we could, and they was to slow to get it. 

LIFE IS SHORT
TALK FAST!

GILMORE GIRLS WILL ALWAYS BE IN MY HEART!
Junkie
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #5262 on: May 20, 2007, 10:14:43 am »

But we did all we could, and they was to slow to get it. 
We still do what we can!  Cool  Wink

neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5263 on: May 20, 2007, 10:15:35 am »

I'm sorry I have been MIA for so long, I was in Cape Cod for my sister's wedding the last 3 days..and my, oh my, has there been quite a burst in optimism and creativity here !! Once I take a nap and unpack I will fully participate, and I have my well thought out comment and newest letter all thought out...

Mandate on- did I miss Alexis' Letterman appearance?

And, I can't wait to re-watch the finale tonight! Smiley
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 10:19:26 am by neverapuff » Logged

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5264 on: May 20, 2007, 10:19:30 am »

Rob's Great 8 Mandate Welcome Post and Mail Primer

For those of you who are new to the Great 8 Mandate Thread, Welcome!  The energy that everyone is feeling is almost tangible to me and I know that a lot of you are wondering what you can do to help try to convince the CW to uncancel Gilmore Girls.  This post is about voicemail, email and snail mail.  Here’s what you can do:

1)  SEND SNAIL MAIL.

Handwriting is fine if your penmanship is good because it's such a personal form of communication.  Otherwise, typing and signing and mailing by snail mail is the single BEST way to contact them.  They expect to be deluged with email and voicemail and that helps as far as it goes, but the amount of effort that it takes to write/type a letter on paper and send it in an envelope always  makes a bigger impression than email and voicemail and the like.  There's a rule of thumb that floats about in various media industries that every individual piece of correspondence that's written on paper and delivered by mail represents the sentiments of at least 7 other people.  So if literally tens of thousands of pieces of snail mail are received, that's going to make a MUCH bigger impact on them than electronic forms of mail.

There are various addresses you can send your correspondence to, which are posted on page 1 of the thread, but IMO, the people who have the most potential to help are IMO, Lauren, Alexis and the CW’s President of Entertainment, Dawn Ostroff, who is the nexus of all network realities at the CW.  They can be contacted at the following addresses:

Ms. Dawn Ostroff, President of Entertainment
The CW Television Network
4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg 168
Burbank, CA 91522-0002

Lauren Graham
c/o John Carrabino Management
100 North Crescent Dr.
G-400
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Alexis Bledel
c/o Flutie Entertainment
6500 Wilshire Blvd
Suite 2240
Los Angeles, CA 90048

As the series season finale has passed, email and voicemail can become handy, but don't discount Snail Mail as the network and actors will always take Snail Mail more seriously than any other form of correspondence.  Snail Mail has become even more important now that the Upfronts have been announced, so I have a few tips/suggestions to help make you make your letters, voicemail and email as effective as possible:

* BE BRIEF:  Keep the length of your letter down to ONE side of ONE page, double space it and use a simple 10 or 12-point Times font.  (Arial font is hard to read.)   If your letter goes on for only one or two more lines beyond a page, don't sweat it, but the longer the letter is, the less of it they'll read before they move on to the next one.  Double-spacing is the exact opposite in print as it is online -- it's much  easier to read on paper than single spacing is -- and again, the need to be as brief as possible will make you more concise and to-the-point.  Conversely, single spacing will make you look a little wacky, especially if you go on for more than one page.

* BE BRIEF (AGAIN):  If you must single-space to get all you want on one page, skip a line between each paragraph as that will help maximize readability.  But definitely do not go over one side of one page at all.  And I'd suggest if you're going to do single-spacing your message should take up no more than 2/3rds of the page, not counting your signature.

* BE BRIEF (FOR VOICEMAIL AND EMAIL):  If you leave a long voicemail, it sounds like a ramble by somebody who's unstable.  Just say who you are, where you're from, your approximate age, why you like Gg and why you think it shouldn't end/why you think the season finale is not enough.  Don't beat yourself up if you think you went on for too long, though, as your nervousness will likely screw with your head.  And be sure to thank the people you're contacting for their time and consideration.

* BE POLITE: I know that there's a lot of anger and sadness going on right now, but don't unleash any of it on the person that you're writing too (s/he may not even be responsible for what's happening to the show).  Just tell them why you like the show, the actors, the stories, how it affects you, why you think it should continue, etc.  If your letter is all tone and no substance, they won't read it.  Or maybe the first person who reads it won't pass it on to someone else at the studio or directly involved with the show.

* BE POLITE (Again):  DON'T mention the salary issues because it's not our place to address them.  Some form of "I hope that you are still looking for a solution that results in the show going on" would IMO be a great way to sidestep that issue.

2)  SEND EMAIL OR VOICEMAIL

The CW's comment line is 1-818-977-6878.  It is voicemail and it often (but not always) fills up by early evening -- and appears to be full the entire weekend from whenever time on Fridays it fills up.

If you are going to send an email or leave a voice mail, that’s okay as a reinforcement of your Snail Mail, but DO NOT AS AN INDIVIDUAL FLOOD ANY INDIVIDUAL ACTOR OR PERSON AT THE CW OR WARNERS WITH MULTIPLE VOICE MAILS OR E-MAILS ON THE SAME DAY.  It will do the exact opposite of what you intend because it's considered spamming and more or less harassment.[/i]  They want to hear from as many individuals as possible.  And Snail Mail is a better way to do it than either email or voicemail because it's a tangible representation of the viewership's sentiments while electronic forms of correspondence are more abstract (because you can't hold them in your hands) and therefore easy to forget.  And remember to BE POLITE AND POSITIVE.  They already know that we're all upset, we just need to reinforce our presence in terms of the sheer number of individuals contacting them.  Remember, once per day and that’s it, particularly for voicemail and email.

3) If you send mail to anyone other than Dawn Ostroff, Lauren and/or Alexis, I’m sure as heck not gonna try to discourage you, but please post the address for the managment/agent team of each actor to this thread if/when you discover them.   I'm especially interested in office addresses for Kelly Bishop and Liza Weil due to their great warning about the series season finale of the show.  Although I don't know the addresses for the management teams of any other actors but Lauren and Alexis, and I only know them because they were posted on page 1 of this very thread.  Wink   Just please make contacting Ms. Ostroff, Lauren and Alexis your first priority.   If they get the mail, they are sure to contact everybody else involved, including Ostroff’s bosses at the CW’s corporate parent companies, CBS/Paramount and Warner Brothers, as well as the other actors.  (Or else they’ll hear it through the grapevine.)  NOTE: at this time, Alexis may be in the most need of notes of encouragement to continue the series.

4) Please send snail mail more than once a week. Two times a week is probably optimal.  Write something different each time, choose a different person each time -- a different aspect of what the show means to you, whatever.  Make it anything other than any other letter you've sent to them 'cause once they see an identical one, it registers as a form letter in their minds.

5) Please send your first or only snail mail of any given week by registered mail/return receipt.  It's more expensive than regular snail mail, but it means that someone has to sign for it and acknowledge the receipt, and perhaps they'll take the expense even more seriously than even if it were standard snail mail and thereby be more likely to read it.

6) And send them daisies.  Once per week, if you can afford it, twice a month, once a month.  A different person each time, rotating between Dawn, Lauren and Alexis.

7) CONTACT ADVERTISERS:

Divine has set up a word document containing contact information regarding the various national advertisers who placed commercials in the series season finale.  The document can be downloaded at http://root.pcmasters.at/upload/files/2659036-List_of_Advertisers.doc  If you contact any of the advertisers, please follow the same rules as I list above and also keep in mind the following:  

* Please be sure to compliment them on their support of Gg, add that you like their product if you use it (but don't lie if you don't use it) and let them know about how pleased you are for the companies' support of Gg given Gg's continued high ratings, particularly in light of how terrible the ratings are of Veronica Mars.  Don't otherwise knock VM (it's a good show that, unfortunately has no potential whatsoever to grow in the ratings), but let them know something like, "If the CW is alienating the viewership by cancelling both the high-rated Gilmore Girls and the low-rated Veronica Mars (whose fanbase is probably a subset of Gilmore Girls’ fanbase), doesn't it make sense for you as an advertiser to demand that The CW keep Gilmore Girls in order to retrieve  the goodwill of that viewership and thereby make The CW a much better outlet for your product?"  

* Please, do NOT copy what I wrote word-for-word.  It's not that I'm withholding permission, it's just that letters that are written with the same wording are considered "astroturf," a type of spamming particular to letter-writing campaigns.  Speak/write from the heart about why you like the show/what the show means to you, what you know about what the ratings mean and that you would appreciate the advertisers' support since the networks unveil their new fall schedules to you advertisers next week.  As I said above, BE POLITE, BE ORIGINAL -- the advertisers want to know about your likes and dislikes as it helps them to decide where they're going to put their television advertising dollars.  It's okay to tell the advertisers that you're mad at the network, just don't do it in a way that even implies that you might be mad at the advertisers as the current cancelled state of the show is not their fault.  After all, they'd rather have the show with the higher ratings, y'know.

Next Update:  Today's Installment of "Operation:  Daisy Duke"

-- Rob

--------------------
Season 8:  Because we haven't heard the Troubador play an Oingo Boingo song dedicated to Kirk (my pick:  "Insanity" "Change.")
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 11:28:54 am by ShutUpRob » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: