The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 11:36:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1732343 times)
Nvr2old4GG
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #5235 on: May 19, 2007, 05:06:31 pm »

Actually, IMO, there are at least FOUR Gilmore Girls.  Add Lane, who Lorelai admitted in her drunken wedding reception speech in season 6's "Sidekick" is a surrogate daughter to her.  And there's now FIVE Gilmore Girls if you want to add April to the count -- and I do.  Six if you add certain half-sister of Rory to the mix.

You are sooooo RIGHT,  Rob!!! I was GREATLY REMISS in not mentioning Lane!   I don't know if I want Gigi to be "Lorelai-zed"  because that would involve Christopher being around more often.... and I think April might need Lorelai's attention, also!  She loved her birthday party/makeover/sleepover!

There is also Sookie's daughter (Martha? -____-_____-____.)

So, it would seem that there is still ALOT of "Lorelia-zation" left to do here with lots of "Gilmore Girls!"
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5236 on: May 19, 2007, 05:20:38 pm »

Usually when shows are cancelled, they continue to play reruns till years end, right?  I guess I was expecting to see season 7 shows one more time through the summer.  So they cancelled this years reruns too? !

No, they didn't.  Next week, The CW burns off the last two episodes of Veronica Mars against Part 1 of the season finale of American Idol.  The week afterward (May 29th), The CW starts repeating Gg over again from the first episode of the season, "The Long Morrow," and starts repeating VM from the first episode of the season as well.  They may not show the entire season because there's fewer than 22 weeks between now and mid-September, so they'll probably skip a few episodes somewhere in the middle and then repeat the last few episodes before the Fall Season begins.

So this'll be a great reason to start Gg viewing parties -- get togethers -- take pictures, put together "Bring Back Gilmore Girls!" signs and post them to this thread, make more albums out of them.  Hopefully, there'll be a spike in the rerun ratings -- at least, a spike in how ratings usually go during the summer (which is more around the 1.2 million range.  Anything above 1.5 million viewers might make them gasp.)

-- Rob

------------------------
Season 8:  Becuase, that reminds me -- Gilmore Girls does better in repeats than virtually every other scripted shows on the CW besides Smallville, too.
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #5237 on: May 19, 2007, 05:44:34 pm »

^ Plus, they are showing the series finale again tomorrow at 8/7C

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
Wonny
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #5238 on: May 19, 2007, 05:49:28 pm »

www.savemyshow.com
www.teavee.com
www.celeeb.com

Keep on voteing!
Wonny
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #5239 on: May 19, 2007, 05:54:55 pm »

Everwood 60459  (96%)
Gilmore Girls  13109 (95%)
blondebelle88
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

Dont matter what time it is..i'll always be around

View Profile
« Reply #5240 on: May 19, 2007, 07:11:26 pm »

wait what night are they showing it again?

lizsh
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

Gilmore Girls Season 8!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5241 on: May 19, 2007, 07:26:01 pm »

Sunday, 8 pm

HELP SAVE GILMORE GIRLS!!! Season 8!
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

View Profile
« Reply #5242 on: May 19, 2007, 09:31:48 pm »

Poster Project

Hey everyone ...

Per the request of Rob, I am going to be designing three banners with our logo on them, daisies, and the phrase "Will you be our Lorelai Gilmores?" on it to be sent to Dawn, Alexis and Lauren.  I plan to design and have them done by Thursday evening.  I will post thumbnails here when they are done.

I am willing to get them shipped out, however, I am a very poor college student!  In order for me to ship these, I'm going to need a little help.  To have them rush delivered, in tubes so that they aren't destroyed, it's probably going to cost about $10 per tube.  If people are interested in contributing, you can submit donations to the cause to my Paypal, which is [email protected] 

Also, if you want to include a note or letter to be included in the tube for all/either Dawn, Lauren or Alexis, you can email that note to me at [email protected] and I will include it in the tube.

Here's the tricky part -- Rob thinks it'd be good if we could get someone with these posters to go to the offices in LA with them or to Letterman show, or anywhere else we know our girls are going to be.  I'm in Michigan, I can't spearhead that, so if you are willing and able, please post here or contact Rob -- he's got a better idea of what needs to be done here.

So again ...

Donations to ship the banners go to [email protected], via PayPal.

Notes to go into the shipping tubes with the banner go to [email protected]

Thanks, everyone!  Keep those spirits up!

-Heather
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 10:48:26 pm by heatherkilpatrick » Logged

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
zu
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #5243 on: May 19, 2007, 10:14:22 pm »

hey guys! I have been reading this site for a long time (since I´m a gilmore girl fan from teh very first season) but this is my first post, hehe.. I just have a question, about the daisys duke thing. Has anyone received an answer for it? I mean, you sent the flowers to alexis and cw and lauren but have you received an answer? I´m just curious...

I´m also hoping for a proper send off of this marvelous story...  Wink
meeyamii
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

Last time I buy anything just because it's fuzzy.

View Profile
« Reply #5244 on: May 19, 2007, 10:18:53 pm »

www.savemyshow.com
www.teavee.com
www.celeeb.com

Keep on voteing!

How do you vote on the "www.teavee.com" and "www.celeeb.com" sites???

Is there still time to save this show?

Do you think there is anyway to get the Palladinos back???

"You will meet an annoying woman today. Give her coffee and she'll go away."
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5245 on: May 19, 2007, 10:29:59 pm »

Poster Project

Hey everyone ...

Per the request of Rob, I am going to be designing three banners with our logo on them, daisies, and the phrase "Will you be our Lorelai Gilmores?" on it to be sent to Dawn, Alexis and Lauren.  I plan to design and have them done by Thursday evening.  I will post thumbnails here when they are done.

I am willing to get them shipped out, however, I am a very poor college student!  In order for me to ship these, I'm going to need a little help.  To have them rush delivered, in tubes so that they aren't destroyed, it's probably going to cost about $10 per tube.  If people are interested in contributing, you can submit donations to the cause to my Paypal, which is [email protected] 

Also, if you want to include a note or letter to be included in the tube for all/either Dawn, Lauren or Alexis, you can email that note to me at [email protected] and I will include it in the tube.

Here's the tricky part -- Rob thinks it'd be good if we could get someone with these posters to go to the offices in LA with them or to Letterman show, or anywhere else we know our girls are going to be.  I'm in Michigan, I can't spearhead that, so if you are willing and able, please post here or contact Rob -- he's got a better idea of what needs to be done here.

So again ...

Donations to ship the banners go to [email protected], via PayPal.

Notes to go into the shipping tubes with the banner go to [email protected]

Thanks, everyone!  Keep those spirits up!

-Heather

This is a great idea and I wish I had PayPal.  Not to brag or anything, but my birthday is Monday (that's right, Gemini cusping out of Taurus with a Cancer Rising and a Saggitarius Moon, which I'm under the impression translates to "totally crazy"), so like, I could probably actually pay for at least a couple of the tubes myself if I had one a 'dem darn PayPal accounts!  (sigh!)

Three refinements I want to suggest:

1) Heather, send your poster project plus any emails/PMs people want you to send with them directly to the offices of Dawn Ostroff and the management teams of Lauren and Alexis at:  

Dawn Ostroff, President of Entertainment
The CW Television Network
4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg 168
Burbank, CA 91522-0002

Lauren Graham
c/o John Carrabino Management
100 North Crescent Dr.
G-400
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Alexis Bledel
c/o Flutie Entertainment
6500 Wilshire Blvd
Suite 2240
Los Angeles, CA 90048

I would also put a picture the Great 8 Mandate Logo (in pink) and a yellow daisy on the outside of the tube so that they get the idea of where it's coming from.

2) I would also suggest that anyone who doesn't know what to write, just add themselves to a petition/list that could be included along with the emails/PMs to the persons whose poster you wish to be included with.  Name, age, hometown/state, beyond that (exact address, phone number, email address) totally optional.  

3) Heather, if you can post the thumbnails here in a day or two, that would be great, then perhaps someone who wanted to do posterboards to take to the Letterman show for Alexis could make it themselves and take it to the Ed Sullivan Theater.

Finally, I noticed that some of the posters here might live in the area -- make the posters anyway, sign them yourselves, go in a group -- *with an adult* -- anyway and have people waiting outside the theater or outside Hello Deli (or both) sign the posterboard (have several sharpies and metallic ink gel pens ready) and maybe somebody in the line for seats or someone involved with the production will let you deliver them.  Who knows, maybe even though you might not be 18 yet, as long as you've got a parent with you, they might want to use the poster in the show.  You just gotta find out what day Alexis is going to be taping her appearance on the show then (probably Thursday, but could be Wednesday.  Go back to page 349 here to find out or I'll post A:A again on Sunday.)

-- Rob

OPEN PS: Re our PM:  This is great work, Heather.  What you've done actually *is* coordinating a project that you can handle!  Prettystick!

-----------------------
Season 8:  Because Super Cool Party People must Party on Tuesdays at 8pm.  
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #5246 on: May 19, 2007, 10:48:05 pm »

Awww, thanks! Smiley

Anyhow, everyone, let me know if you plan to donate a bit via PayPal.  Again, no more than $2-3 per person is necessary.

I will post thumbnails by Wednesday and if you want to email me for the larger graphic for posters, just let me know.  (The little thumbnail will not blow up to the proper size/resolution for a poster, you'll need the actual .jpeg image for that.)  Keep in mind that most Kinkos these days are very helpful -- if you don't have a way to print it on a poster (most people don't) you can usually bring the image to a FedEx/Kinkos on a CD, and they can get it printed FOR you.

I will also make a size that would fit on a legal sheet of paper -- most standard printers will take this.

If you have a Gilmore Girls viewing party -- my friends and I have Gilmore Girls marathons frequently during the summer (we do nothing but watch Gilmore Girls, bake too chocolately brownies, eat macaroni and cheese, pizza and have nachos and chilli-cheese dip in true Gilmore fashion), you can print these off, like Rob said, take a picture with them and then, have everyone who watched with you sign the poster and send it, and the picture in!  (Any pictures you take with the poster can, if they are digital, be uploaded to CVS, Walgreen, Cost Co, Target or Walmart websites and printed at between 15-20 cents a print.)

Let me know if you guys have any ideas for the banner besides what I've mentioned! 

And this is a reminder ...

IF YOU NEED POSTCARD IMAGES ... you need to PM me your email address!

Keep mandating!  Smiley

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #5247 on: May 19, 2007, 10:55:29 pm »

Found this on TVguide.com

The moms who watched Gilmore Girls with their daughters will be very sad when they see Gossip Girl. Small-town values, reading books and watching old movies have been replaced by a snarky blogger, privileged prep-school girls from the Upper East Side and barely a parental unit in sight. Gossip Girl, which airs Wednesday at 9 pm, is getting the best lead-in the CW has in America's Next Top Model. Clearly the network thinks this one is the future.

"Clearly the network thinks this one is the future."

That's laced with sarcasm ...

The irony of ironies here is that one of the leading roles in "Gossip Girl" is going to be played by Blake Lively, who played Bridget in the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, WITH Alexis.  (And will again, in the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2, which is in pre-production.)

ETA

Nice job guys ... We've ended up on Wikipedia.org!

Here's the blurb about us right near the top of the page, under the cast listing:

"Gilmore Girls may be canceled, but it can be saved go to gilmoregirls.org to participate in the great8mandate. just go to the website click on gilmore girls forum, then at the top of the page, great8mandate, and see how you can bring Gilmore Girls back for a proper farewell."

That's something!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 11:02:20 pm by heatherkilpatrick » Logged

Wonny
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #5248 on: May 20, 2007, 01:51:00 am »

www.savemyshow.com
www.teavee.com
www.celeeb.com

Keep on voteing!

How do you vote on the "www.teavee.com" and "www.celeeb.com" sites???

Is there still time to save this show?

Do you think there is anyway to get the Palladinos back???

You just need to push the "seconds left" button all the time untill it brighten  yellow and sail "vote now". Of course we have a chance to get Gilmore Girls on place 1. I vote the hole day and night when I not write e-mails or letters. I rode often in my letters that I miss Amy and I would like to have her back. You can write it, too. Maybe they will come back. Smiley Smiley Smiley Do everything what you can. The fight is not over and will never be over untill we get the 8th season. And than we will fight for season 9, 10, 11, 12, 13...

Don´t give up. We´re doing great.
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5249 on: May 20, 2007, 01:57:37 am »

Hey there Smiley

@Heather: Thanks for putting together posters and sending them out! I really like that idea! I already sent you money over paypal - I hope you'll soon have enough to get them out. I'd also like to send send you some notes to the three - do you have an idea when you're going to send the posters so I get those notes to you in time?

Someone asked earlier if we did get a reply to our daisies - I didn't, but I don't know, if the company that delivered the flowers, put my address somewhere on an invoice or delivery receipt. So either I get a reply through snail mail (which takes a little longer as I live in Europe), or I don't get an answer at all.
But I think the most appreciated reply (and I think I can speak for everyone here) would be bringing back Gilmore Girls  Wink

Rob, I love your idea about the Letterman show (*prettystick*), I really hope that some people are able to go there and get some tickets for the one with Alexis. That would really help our cause (although I am a little afraid, what she's going to say about GG on the show).

Welcome to all the all mandaters! We really need every support we can get and you can feel all the good spirit around here!

Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: