The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 03:06:15 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1765584 times)
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5220 on: May 19, 2007, 12:07:34 pm »

I just went to MSN.com to check my email, and i saw a link that said "The CW Shows some leg". I figured that since it was abou tthe CW, something about Gilmore Girls would pop up. So I read it. On the second page of the article, I found this:
The CW Shows Some Leg
Plus: tipsy scenes from the Fox party.
By Troy Patterson
Posted Friday, May 18, 2007, at 5:52 PM ET
(Continued from page 1)

I ran into some Gilmore Girls fans upset that the CW had not given the show a dignified series finale. One fan, asked if he was excited about the new Fox show from Gilmore auteur Amy Sherman-Palladino, said, "I was until I saw the clips." Allegedly a comedy, The Return of Jezebel James stars Parker Posey as a book editor with a fertility problem and the redhead from Six Feet Under as her kid sister/surrogate womb.

I guess not everyone is up on the whole new show by ASP...

Well, there's a reason that brand new shows that are delayed until midseason are delayed until midseason -- it's because they generally suck and are used as burnoff.  Very few shows on broadcast television networks at midseason are hits anymore.  Some are good, but they're the exceptions.  But to be sure, look for additional announcements of AoJJ being delayed 'til later and later than January -- that'll be the best sign that the show's a goner (This happened with the show Windfall).  Perhaps this could motivate the CW to not just mend fences with the Gals, but also with ASP and perhaps then maybe *Amy* could run a 13-episode final season of Gg.  Time for Gg peeps to go back to the negotiating table.

-- Rob

-----------------------
Season 8:  Because momentum is growing for it.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 12:09:28 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
Razzlefrat!
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

coffee, coffee, coffee

View Profile
« Reply #5221 on: May 19, 2007, 01:00:27 pm »

Awww i wish i was over 18! I'd LOVE to help out w/ Assignment Alexis and i live 30 min. away from the city!

lol \/

----------------------
Season 8:  Because I'm an ersistentpay astardbay.

Literati <3

/\ by Razzlefrat!
closemike
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5222 on: May 19, 2007, 01:03:33 pm »

i' very disappointed in many of you, acting like its time to give up

There seems to be two schools of thought regarding issues involving "positive attitude". School one is "the Secret" camp, which is basically the author Norman Vincent Peale in a new package. This camp believes, in essence that surrounding oneself with "the positive" is the best way to achieve (in our case) a specific goal.

The other school may have it's roots in Socratic thought ("an unexamined life is not worth living")...it basically believes that doubt can lead to new insight, via the process of leading one to EXAMINE the specifics of that doubt. This self-critical quality is innately and uniquely human.

Can negativity "infect" ? Certainly...but more often it tends to strengthen the resolve of all involved--we reassess, we dig deep, we "examine."

I personally came to this website passionate about saving Gg (STILL am); my personal doubts were concerning the effectiveness of certain methods ("savemyshowDOTcom" among them) ...mainly I was trying to figure out what I, personally as a Gg fan, could feel good about doing--and it started me on an interesting thought process that would not have come about--if not for my doubt.

I came to think (rightly or wrongly) that serious fans, in general, are (metaphorical) "lovers" doomed from the start to have their beloved break it off with them. We can only "hope" our beloved will do so in such a way that will not leave scars. In our case, Gg "broke it off" with us in a way that exploited how powerless we are--as FANS.

Fans are, in a sense, "pathetic" little creatures, in the sense that we have the innate ability to LOVE irrationally (as many would say it is to "love" a TV show) and do so willingly--even when we know we will be powerless in the relationship, going in.  I use the word "pathetic" endearingly, btw, and on myself--hey I'm a BIG fan Smiley

Don't get me wrong: I don't have a mantle or a doll house of Stars Hollow or anything like that (lol) ... just these feelings of grief mixed with lovesickness, due to Gg ending, that I'm trying to understand.

After some self-examination, I realized that I'm proud of my "pathetic little irrational love" for a TV show; nothing to be ashamed of! The kind and quality of love is different when it's a poem, a song, or a TV series--than it is when it's person--but not in EVERY way--there are many common features between "thing love" and "people love":  both can produce extreme emotional states, both can induce elation, joy, AND depression.

...but you see-- until I started the process of "questioning myself" -- I couldn't see that "shame" was a salient quality in what I was feeling!

....the whole process expressed here took about 24 hours--I hate "heavy" feelings that hang over me--need to articualte them into words.

So in getting to the place where I feel proud of how strong I feel about Gg, it becomes the most natural thing to be part of this process here: expressing to Ostroff, Bledel, and Graham my gratitude concerning seven great years, and my "upset" over the way it was broken off--the way it ended--too abrubtly--a big entanglement of loose ends.

We each have unique gifts to bring to the table here, not unlike the people of Stars Hollow--we all have our own little "differentiating slant" on things--kind of exemplifying and mirroring our shows beloved characters.

I hope Bledel, Ostroff, and Graham  "get that" -- that the demographic is ALL ages, all markets, making for a loving fan base that feels a "big void" where our show used to be--and a little spurned.    

Mike  

« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 02:19:33 pm by closemike » Logged
Nvr2old4GG
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #5223 on: May 19, 2007, 01:32:15 pm »

I have just read the post from CloseMike above mine.  His comments made me think also:

" I hope Bledel, Ostroff, and Graham  "get that" -- that the demographic is ALL ages, all markets, making for a loving fan base that feels a "big void" where a show used to be--and a little spurned."

Spurned!  A GREAT word............If you go back to the scene in Rory and Paris' apartment.... Rory tells Lorelai that on the greatest day of her life( Logan gave her that ultimatum "Marry me or I am gone".....(paraphrased) and she said "No", he said "Goodbye, Rory!",) she should remember it with such happiness and joy.  Instead, Logan's actions will forever make her memory dark, sad and lonely......she felt what it was like to be  "spurned".  A "big void" in her new life.....he ruined her special day!

Anyway, that is the feeling that all of us (no matter what GG website you visit and read) feel. 

YES.......I feel spurned by this situation and I definitely feel a "big, BIG VOID now!"  I WILL express these feelings in my snail mai to each of the GG.....including Dawn...who thinks "Beauty and the Geek or whatever" is something I will watch.....I THINK NOT!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 07:11:29 pm by Nvr2old4GG » Logged
Razzlefrat!
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

coffee, coffee, coffee

View Profile
« Reply #5224 on: May 19, 2007, 01:46:02 pm »

That fictional-epi was rereeaaaly nice!!! But WHAT ABOUT ZACK!!?Huh!!! Lane's w/ DAVE?? What??/ i mean, i loved dave, but zack is just amazing!

Literati <3

/\ by Razzlefrat!
gillies-down under
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #5225 on: May 19, 2007, 02:46:59 pm »

As we all know its probably very hard to get the attention of CW, so I was thinking of sending my next round of "snail mail" on postcards from where I live (melbourne Australia).

Maybe if Dawn and the actors see that their fan base is world wide and massive it might help to get Series 8 happening.

I dont know if it would world but it might just get a little attention

Wonny
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #5226 on: May 19, 2007, 02:48:00 pm »

Embarrassed Shocked >:(IT JUST SUCKS A WHOLE LOT BECAUSE I LIVED WITH THIS SHOW MY WHOLE LIFE ANDSENCE IM A TOM BOY THEIR LUCKY THAT I LOVED AND ALWAYS WILL LOVE THAT SHOW CUZ I WAZ 3AND NOW 11.

BAH HUM BUG                                  Cry Undecided Lips Sealed Embarrassed Huh Angry

I think thats great. We have just so less time and in this time we should do everything we can before it´s too late. And I personally hate April. That was really a stupid story. I mean Luke and a daughter? The man who never bought flowers for a woman? mhh. Well, I will always love love Gilmore Girls with or without April. I wrote today a lot of letters and e-mail and Monday I send the flowes. Don´t give up. We get our show back. I believe in this campaign. Smiley

personally, i think that April was a good storyline. April, being Luke's daughter, shows that Luke can handle having  a kid. Also, u know how b4 he didnt like kids? well i think that April kind of changed that for him a little bit. it shows lorelai that he can handle it.

so where has Heidi been lately? anyone know? I wonder if she has gotten ne reply about the daisies.

I don´t now. I think April is a copy from Rory and her mother Anna is a copy from Lorelai.
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #5227 on: May 19, 2007, 03:03:22 pm »

Whoa!  Did anyone see this happen?  It must've been funny... Smiley

Confused cameos. Tough week for TV viewers, unless you have a TiVo in every room. So I thought it was nice of American Idol, on consecutive nights, to pay homage to its direct competition.

On Tuesday, there was Scott Patterson (luncheonette owner Luke on Gilmore Girls) crouched in the dressing room, helping Melinda Doolittle prepare for her final song. On Wednesday, they brought on the ageless and mysterious Richard (Nestor Carbonell) from Lost to sing a song.

Entire article here--->  http://www.philly.com/inquirer/weekend/television/20070519_Dave_on_Demand___If_odd_stars_appear_on_shows__then_it_must_be_May_sweeps.html

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
lizsh
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

Gilmore Girls Season 8!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5228 on: May 19, 2007, 03:08:40 pm »

(Sorry if this has been posted recently)
teavee.com update:
Rank is #6. (2182 away from #5 and 10525 ahead of #7)
1. Veronica Mars
2. One Tree Hill
3. Stargate SG-1
4. JAG
5. Xena: Warrior Princess
6. Gilmore Girls
7. Grey's Anatomy
8. McLeod's Daughters
9. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
10. Supernatural

SaveMyshow.com Update:
Should It Stay On The Air?
Yes: 95 %:12357
No, Cancel It: 5 %:611
I Don't Care Either Way: 0 %: 17

All GG fans: Please, PLEASE, log onto these sites and help support our girls! Of course, please continue with the sending of letters and e-mails (and daisies, as well). We need to do whatever we can to try to get a Season 8!

HELP SAVE GILMORE GIRLS!!! Season 8!
GlmrGrltAtHeart

Community Points: 44

Bunny cake! Yum!

View Profile
« Reply #5229 on: May 19, 2007, 03:27:29 pm »

ChocolatGilmore, I saw that in that article in th inquirer this morning. I didn't understand who Melinda Doolittle was but now I do, but I didn't see it happen.

JJs  will always keep F.A.I.T.H.
Maurie: High on the Maze.
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #5230 on: May 19, 2007, 03:50:04 pm »

Welcome!  It’s time for another installment of . . .

Operation:  Daisy Duke.

Version 2.04:  Dateline: Hollywood:  "Gilmore Fans Demand LESS Closure!"   

MISSION STATEMENT:  Our overall goal with ODD is to send real daisies to everyone who could possibly be needed to get everyone back to the negotiating table in order to urge them to work one last time to revoke the cancellation of Gilmore Girls.

TODAY’S GOALS for “Operation: Daisy Duke” are:

A) To ask viewers everywhere to send daisies on their own to Dawn Ostroff, Lauren Graham and/or Alexis Bledel at their office addresses.  Details on format will be posted in today’s edition of the other Welcome FAQ dealing with the snail mail campaign later today.

B) To max out the comment line 8pm ET / 5pm PT.  Call 1-818-977-6878 as early as you can in the day, after you hear/read about the officially unveiled schedule and lodge your complaint about the changes, about the cancellation of Gilmore Girls and the opportunity that shouldn't be missed to revive Gilmore Girls now that American Idol has broken itself by voting the real winner off in third place.  Although the goal is to max out the comment line, please do NOT call the line yourself more than once per day -- please get more and more people to call it yourself.  The more people calling the better, the more repeat callers, the worse.  Feel free to mention how you feel about whatever happens to Veronica Mars and also about the terrible replacement for Gg in the 8pm Tuesday timeslot (HINT:  It's Beauty and the Geek, which is the network conceding the timeslot to Fox.)

Without further adieu, I present to you “Operation: Daisy Duke.”

1)  Why "Operation:  Daisy Duke"?  Because it just wouldn't be a Save Gilmore Girls campaign without a bizarro pop culture reference coming from left field.  The show has made some very amusing equations between Lorelai and the hottest Dukes cousin, including having Lorelai drive a jeep (just like Daisy did), having Lorelai wear Daisy Dukes to her meeting with Headmaster Charleston on Rory's first day at Chilton, because Stars Hollow is the set where Hazzard County used to exist and because the exterior of Lorelai's house is the exterior of Uncle Jesse's house.  And because the many ironies inherent in the show's premise strongly suggest that we'll have better luck than Max did with his daisies.

2) Besides the obvious reference to the episode "Love, Daisies and Troubadours," why daisies?  Because nationwide flower delivery is faster than snail mail at this point (ie: next-day delivery) and it's our "tobasco sauce" campaign without a chance of frightening the network in these post 9-11 days.

3) Yes, the series season finale has aired, but it's time to triple our resolve, not to give in! It's time to set up some infrastructure and dive into some serious save-teh-show projects.  Lauren's exit interview with Michael Ausiello at TV Guide does NOT mean that all is lost -- she was taken aback by the abrupt cancellation of the series (no matter how much she tries to spin it) and moreover, nobody looks forward to auditions (as she mentioned to Ausiello that she's having to start doing), so Lauren even noting it is a cry for help.  Furthermore, Scott Patterson said in no uncertain terms in his exist interview with Ausiello that he is not happy with the way that the show ended.  MOREOVER, Kelly Bishop and Liza Weil both voiced their unhappiness with the abruptness of the show ending in a Washiington Post article posted on Tuesday, May 15th at
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/14/AR2007051401693.html (free and fast registration may be required.)  Encouragingly, Farscape got its four-hour miniseries LONG after the show was cancelled.  Firefly's "Serenity" epilogue was greenlit LONG after that show was cancelled -- and that became a theatrical movie.  Not saying that Gg would go to the big screen, but the perseverance -- the hard work -- of these show's fandoms BEYOND their shows' so-called endings resulted in proper endings for those shows.

4)  Please send your daisies through your local florist.  There are many sources from your local florist to the internet through which you can send daisies to Ms. Ostroff.  Two of the biggest online alternatives include FTD.com and, 1-800flowers.com, both of whom operate national delivery services through local florists anyway.  Many of the online florists only promote $40 vase arrangements of daisies, which may be beyond a Gg fan's budget.  A dozen daisies would likely come in a typical cellophane wrap if they're bought by the stem.  Order the daisies in the way that is best for you. 

5) Send yellow daisies ONLY because that's the color of Lorelai. 

6) Send your daisies to Dawn Ostroff at the following address: 

Ms. Dawn Ostroff, President of Entertainment
The CW Television Network
4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg 168
Burbank, CA 91522-0002

AND to Lauren and/or Alexis (especially Alexis) at the addresses of their management teams at:

Lauren Graham
c/o John Carrabino Management
100 North Crescent Dr.
G-400
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Alexis Bledel
c/o Flutie Entertainment
6500 Wilshire Blvd
Suite 2240
Los Angeles, CA 90048

You can, of course, send small message cards with your bouquet.  The rule is this:  BE POLITE AND POSITIVE.  Do NOT write anything like "I hate you because you cancelled Gilmore Girls!" or "I'm sad that you cancelled Gimore Girls" or "I won't watch The CW ever again unless you uncancel Gilmore Girls."  I totally understand, respect and even share those feelings, but, after all, it's not something that Lorelai or Rory would do in this situation.  Instead, write something like "Please renew Gilmore Girls!" or "Please uncancel Gilmore Girls" and sign it with at least your name and address so that they know how far Gg's fanbase has spread throughout the country and the world.

7) DEADLINE: EVERYDAY is the official deadline. Any day that Daisies or letters or voicemails or email arrive ESPECIALLY because the Fall Schedule was announced at the Upfronts WILL still help!  They need the input about what you think about the fall schedule (and don't say, "It sucks because Gilmore Girls is not on it."

Cool  There is no 8 yet.  That’s the whole point.

9) Please post to this thread when you've sent a bouquet.  Even one hundred bouquets of just a dozen daisies sent to Ms. Ostroff will surpass the 1000 mark of daisies from LD&T and I am sure that we'll send a lot more than that.

10)  Please spread the word of "Operation:  Daisy Duke" around to other MBs and forums that have enthusiastic Gilmore supporters.  Some of the obvious boards are FanForum, the cwtv.com lounge, etc.  We don't want to annoy people, especially since there are people who post to multiple MBs.  But still, let us know which MBs it gets posted to and provide a link to this thread or to the Great 8 Mandate thread.  If you so desire, please copy this entire post to that forum.

Let's spread the word!  "Operation:  Daisy Duke" continues!

-- Rob

------------------------
Season 8:  Because, honestly, a lot of the other female characters besides the Lorelais, both on TV and in the movies, are unchallenging, well-worn cliches -- The Girlfriend, The Wife, The Hooker With the Heart of Gold, The Victim -- that are beneath the talents of both Lauren and Alexis.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 04:56:31 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
theladyjedi
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5231 on: May 19, 2007, 03:56:20 pm »

I have just checked at 6:45PM, Saturday, and Paul Mcguire's personal voice mail is accepting messages. 818-977-0040
He is VP of Media Relations/Publicity for CW. Phone is answered as Publicity and Talent Relations Department.
Rob, do you think he should be added to your list of numbers to call with comments and would you please mention again the best comments to make to him? Thank you.     theladyjedi  
theladyjedi
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5232 on: May 19, 2007, 04:00:35 pm »

I have just checked at 6:45PM, Saturday, and Paul Mcguire's personal voice mail is accepting messages. 818-977-0040
He is VP of Media Relations/Publicity for CW. Phone is answered as Publicity and Talent Relations Department.
Rob, do you think he should be added to your list of numbers to call with comments and would you please mention again the best comments to make to him? Thank you.     theladyjedi  
Wonny
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #5233 on: May 19, 2007, 04:05:41 pm »

(Sorry if this has been posted recently)
teavee.com update:
Rank is #6. (2182 away from #5 and 10525 ahead of #7)
1. Veronica Mars
2. One Tree Hill
3. Stargate SG-1
4. JAG
5. Xena: Warrior Princess
6. Gilmore Girls
7. Grey's Anatomy
8. McLeod's Daughters
9. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
10. Supernatural

SaveMyshow.com Update:
Should It Stay On The Air?
Yes: 95 %:12357
No, Cancel It: 5 %:611
I Don't Care Either Way: 0 %: 17

All GG fans: Please, PLEASE, log onto these sites and help support our girls! Of course, please continue with the sending of letters and e-mails (and daisies, as well). We need to do whatever we can to try to get a Season 8!

Thats right. I´m voteing all the time and I need a little help. It´s important, too.
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: May 19, 2007, 04:34:31 pm »

Sure. The network's comment line is full and since he's the Veep of Publicity, his office must be the one that handles viewer comments.  (If not, then, well, his office phone number shouldn't be so easy to get.)  FTR, I *have* included his number in some versions of my lists.  During working hours, his receptionist will forward you to the comment line anyway, which is why I stopped including it.  But if the comment line is going to be full all weekend, might as well call Mcguire's office, leave a message on his voicemail and help to let him know that he's got a public relations disaster on his hands with the announcement of the terrible new season of The CW (even the status of Gg aside).

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because it's either that or deviled eggs and I hate deviled eggs.
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: