The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 01:24:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1765106 times)
xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #5205 on: May 19, 2007, 07:30:10 am »

I've gone kind of MIA for the past week or two, but I am back and ready to mandate more than ever!! Tongue Great to see everyone here still fighting strong to keep our Gilmore girls alive Smiley
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 07:31:15 am by xdeartragedyx » Logged
britni
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #5206 on: May 19, 2007, 08:11:27 am »

Okay, i've really been thinking and all of you seem extremely dedicated,and i was wrong before about some of you seeming like you wantto give up. But I do think we really have to kick it up if we want our beloved show back. So heres my idea it's probaly stupid, but i'll see what you guys think. First of all as I said befoe we have to boost this campagine, and we can do that most importantly by getting people, the numbers is where it's at. And also by getting organized, so heres my plan.
First of all for the next week or so we just recrut people, get as many to join the mandate as possible.....I think we should even set a goal...i say 100,000, we can do that Gilmore Girls is a great show. I think the best way to get people once again is through myspce, I mean millions of people have them. Next we need to get organized, we need to get everyones name/location/age/e-mail, what ever so we know how many people we have. Again i think myspace is a good way to do this, because if you start a page you will know you have as many people as their are friends. And they can leve their name and age and whatever as a comment.
Okay, so after we get all these people (100,00 hopefully) here's my plan we get all of them to dedicte to sending out three letters one to lauren, one to Alexis and one to Dawn, every 3 days. We pick a day where everone sends out their letters.....we wait for a respons if we don't get one in 3 days we send out 3 more letters...and each letter on the outside of the envolope shoul either have the great8mandate logo or a daisy or something, so they know what there for. I mean 100,000 letters every 3 days makes a statement. and thats what we need a big statement.
I think this could work, what do you guys think? Just remember we NEED people and organazation.

If you want closure to Gilmore Girls story, either by movie or a season 8 be sure to sign the petition at:
www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate

Also be sure to visit www.savethelorelais.org
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5207 on: May 19, 2007, 08:18:38 am »

The name of the show is/was Gilmore Girls...meaning more than one.  If you really think about it, there are THREE Gilmore Girls.  It just so happened that the inital focus was on Lorelai and Rory.  At the end of 7 seasons, it was so obvious that Lorelai had "given Rory everything that she needed" to leave home.  But what the show took so long to bring out is that stuffy "New England Emily" needs Lorelai's guidance even more than Rory did.  Actually, they are just life skills.  I could remind everyone of the many times Lorelai's influence changed Emily for the better but I will just list a few:  Emily tasted the "mashed bananna on toast" that she had given Lorelai as a child and ran screaming from the room......"What was I thinking?  This is awful?" (paraphrased).  

Actually, IMO, there are at least FOUR Gilmore Girls.  Add Lane, who Lorelai admitted in her drunken wedding reception speech in season 6's "Sidekick" is a surrogate daughter to her.  And there's now FIVE Gilmore Girls if you want to add April to the count -- and I do.  Six if you add certain half-sister of Rory to the mix.

All the more reason for the characters to get a better ending than a great season finale that because of so many mitigating circumstances cannot creatively bear the weight of being a series finale.  And moreso, it's unfair to the actors and the writers and the fans for it to have to bear that weight.

-- Rob

-------------------
Season 8:  Because Taylor doesn't take town mutinies well.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 08:20:59 am by ShutUpRob » Logged
Scottgirls
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -1

View Profile
« Reply #5208 on: May 19, 2007, 08:59:50 am »

Embarrassed Shocked >:(IT JUST SUCKS A WHOLE LOT BECAUSE I LIVED WITH THIS SHOW MY WHOLE LIFE ANDSENCE IM A TOM BOY THEIR LUCKY THAT I LOVED AND ALWAYS WILL LOVE THAT SHOW CUZ I WAZ 3AND NOW 11.

BAH HUM BUG                                  Cry Undecided Lips Sealed Embarrassed Huh Angry
Scottgirls
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -1

View Profile
« Reply #5209 on: May 19, 2007, 09:00:49 am »

Embarrassed Shocked >:(IT JUST SUCKS A WHOLE LOT BECAUSE I LIVED WITH THIS SHOW MY WHOLE LIFE ANDSENCE IM A TOM BOY THEIR LUCKY THAT I LOVED AND ALWAYS WILL LOVE THAT SHOW CUZ I WAZ 3AND NOW 11.

BAH HUM BUG                                  Cry Undecided Lips Sealed Embarrassed Huh Angry
amanda elise20
Town Resident

Community Points: 5

Oy with the poodles already.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5210 on: May 19, 2007, 09:56:24 am »

I really hope all the emails and letters to letterman work...
since alexis is such a private person it is hard to know exactly how she feels about the whole thing...
please send emails to letterman, that really is a huge opportunity for us to get a little out of alexis...

keep mandating GG fans!!

In the words of Lorelai herself, "It's too soon."

----Java Junkie---Headliner---Foodie----
*amanda elise*

*F*A*I*T*H*

sig made by sooks... thanks!
Wonny
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #5211 on: May 19, 2007, 10:01:49 am »

BAH HUM BUG                                  Cry Undecided Lips Sealed Embarrassed Huh Angry

I think thats great. We have just so less time and in this time we should do everything we can before it´s too late. And I personally hate April. That was really a stupid story. I mean Luke and a daughter? The man who never bought flowers for a woman? mhh. Well, I will always love love Gilmore Girls with or without April. I wrote today a lot of letters and e-mail and Monday I send the flowes. Don´t give up. We get our show back. I believe in this campaign. Smiley
amanda elise20
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5212 on: May 19, 2007, 10:02:35 am »

oh and i just checked out savemyshow.com
we are at 95%=11000 to keep in on the air
5%=610 to cancel it
0=17 I dont care either way...

come on guys. lets get that up higher so maybe they'll know how much we truely need our girls back!

*amanda elise*

*F*A*I*T*H*

Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #5213 on: May 19, 2007, 10:14:26 am »

I think thats great. We have just so less time and in this time we should do everything we can before it´s too late. And I personally hate April. That was really a stupid story. I mean Luke and a daughter? The man who never bought flowers for a woman? mhh. Well, I will always love love Gilmore Girls with or without April. I wrote today a lot of letters and e-mail and Monday I send the flowes. Don´t give up. We get our show back. I believe in this campaign. Smiley

personally, i think that April was a good storyline. April, being Luke's daughter, shows that Luke can handle having  a kid. Also, u know how b4 he didnt like kids? well i think that April kind of changed that for him a little bit. it shows lorelai that he can handle it.

so where has Heidi been lately? anyone know? I wonder if she has gotten ne reply about the daisies.

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
amanda elise20
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5214 on: May 19, 2007, 10:24:24 am »

BAH HUM BUG                                  Cry Undecided Lips Sealed Embarrassed Huh Angry

personally, i think that April was a good storyline. April, being Luke's daughter, shows that Luke can handle having  a kid. Also, u know how b4 he didnt like kids? well i think that April kind of changed that for him a little bit. it shows lorelai that he can handle it.

so where has Heidi been lately? anyone know? I wonder if she has gotten ne reply about the daisies.

I agree... even though april was little out of left field i still loved the way it humanized luke...
besides if vanessa (the girl who played april) really is on this forum, she's a great person to have on our side...

*amanda elise*

*F*A*I*T*H*

Wonny
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #5215 on: May 19, 2007, 10:35:07 am »

I agree... even though april was little out of left field i still loved the way it humanized luke...
besides if vanessa (the girl who played april) really is on this forum, she's a great person to have on our side...

Everwood has more votes than Gilmore Girls 96%

KEEP VOTEING!!!!!

www.savemyshow.com
tsmurphygirl
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5216 on: May 19, 2007, 10:35:59 am »

Wow!  What a great post, nvr2old4GG!!!!  And, how terrific that you have gotten replies from the sponsors....GREAT WORK!!!  I have been emailing the CW and plan on getting snail mail out Monday.

I am one who really loved this last episode, but of course I will always wish for more.  This is one show that I religiously watched through my husband's deployments, the birth of my 2 kids, when I was sick, when I was lonely, and when I was happy.  I have always thought it was such an inspiration and touched on such great topics that parents and children don't always address.  My husband laughs at me now because I have been moping around, reciting Gilmorisms, complaining about the network lineups.  It really is disenheartning when I see all the great shows being replaced by reality shows or shows I will not let my children watch.  What ever happened to family night?  I know some of these actors/actresses need a break and maybe want to try new things; but seriously, through creative writing, I believe they can get their breaks and keep a good thing going while we got it.  By the way, I'm 33 and it's so nice to see people from all ages posting on here....the cast and network really need to take a look at this and see how much this show has impacted us and drawn us closer together.  Long live Gilmore Girls!!!!!
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5217 on: May 19, 2007, 10:42:48 am »

MISSION REQUEST:    "Assignment:  Alexis"[/b]

(cue Mission: Impossible theme music)

I'm asking any of you who are over the age of 18 who might live around NYC to go to the Ed Sullivan Theater to ask what day Alexis is going to be there next week to tape her episode, in which she's supposed to promote her new movie, "I'm Reed Fish" and ask if there are any tickets still available?  If you can still get in, then great!  Book tickets (IIRC, they're cheap free, but randomly drawn.).  Even if they say it's totally booked (and it might not be), please post here and/or to the facebook group when she's going to be there.  

We need someone over the age of 18 who lives in the NYC area to take the leadership of this project.  The ticket offices are open TODAY and TOMORROW until 6pm and the phone number below is a recording that does NOT foward you to any human voice for ticket information.  We need to know what day next week she'll be taping her appearance on the show in order to get the project up and running ASAP.

Please Organize a Save Gilmore ad hoc meeting outside the theater on the taping day -- taping generally starts IIRC around 5:00pm ET or so, so arriving around 4pm or earlier would be optimal, but for those of you who can't, get there as soon as you can.  Buy yellow daisies to have delivered to her or someone else who wrangles the audience outside the theater if they are allowed to do this.  Print out large season 8 logos and either make your own buttons out of them or just pin the paper print out (cut it out into a circle) onto your shirt or jacket/hoodie and wear them outside the theater as an ID.  Give her daisies, give her written letters that you might otherwise send by snail mail.  Those of you who arrive during the taping, still try to get flowers and your letters delivered before she leaves from the taping. Take my suggestions for letter-writing ettiquette that I'lll post here again in a few minutes (as soon as I'm finished editing them again).  Please remember to politely ask the Letterman crew if you can do this -- they might want to make something of it on the show (and if they don't ask you if they can make something of it on the show, ask them yourselves.)  Also, if you're at least high school age (please, no younger than 16), hang out at Rupert Jee's Hello, Deli during the taping and have placards in hand, an enlarged Season 8 Mandate Logo pasted on posterboard or cardboard may be all that's needed.

Also, we need someone to volunteer to lead this project ASAP!  I'm in Central Missouri, so I obviously can't do it.  Wink  Bringing out your banners and T-shirts and placards -- everything that you'd do if you were in front of the Today Show window would be super, too.  Heck, stand in front of the Today Show window that morning, too, if you can!

Here's the information for tickets for Letterman.  I've cut & pasted them directly from the CBS.com website:

----------------------------------

The Late Show With David Letterman -- Ticket Information

Request Tickets In Person

If you would like to submit an audience ticket request in person, we have representatives in our lobby to process your submission:
Monday - Friday: 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

We are located at:
1697 Broadway
Between West 53rd and West 54th Streets

Please do not line up prior to 9:00 a.m. Anyone violating this policy will not be eligible to receive tickets.

Please note the following:
1.) Tickets will be awarded randomly to those submitting audience ticket requests in person. We will notify those chosen via phone.

2.) Due to the large volume of requests, each individual may apply for tickets no more than once in any six month period. Individuals who have attended the show are not eligible to attend for another six months from the date of attendance.

3.) Individuals may submit requests for tickets from up to one month in advance of the taping date up to and including (subject to availability) the day of the show. Selecting more dates to attend the show will increase your chances of receiving tickets.  
4.) Tickets are non-transferable and may only be requested by the person that will attend the show. When meeting with a staff member in person, you will be asked to name the person you wish to bring with you to the show. If ticketed, we will ONLY be able to admit you and that specific person previously identified as your guest.

5.) Government-issued picture I.D. with a birth date and mailing address are required for both the in-person application and check-in at the show.

Due to the large volume of requests, each individual may only apply for tickets no more than once in any six month period. Individuals who have attended the show are not eligible to attend for another six months from the date of attendance.

The minimum age to attend the show is 18 years old.

Please note that we receive many more requests for tickets than we are able to fulfill, and that we therefore cannot guarantee availability. We reserve the right to deny admission at any time. Shows may cancel and schedules and/or audience requirements may alter at any time. We require all audience members to follow our rules and regulations as a condition of attending the show. Without limiting the foregoing, we do not allow cell phones, pagers, cameras, sound recorders or other recording devices in the theater.

Stand-By Tickets

Stand-by tickets are available by calling (212) 247-6497 starting at 11:00 a.m. on the day of the taping you wish to attend. Your name will be taken and you will be placed on our stand by list in the order we receive your call. You will be asked to check in to the theater at a specific time approximately 1 hour before the taping. You will only be admitted to the actual taping in the event seats remain after all of the regularly ticketed guests are accommodated. We will keep the above phone line open for approximately 30-60 minutes or until we fill our allocation of stand by slots, which varies from day to day. As with all of our tickets, all attendees must present a government-issued picture I.D. to match the name(s) given on the phone.

-------------------------

Also, a heads up:  From what I've gathered from watching Letterman myself, Friday night tapings are usually taped on Thursdays -- he tends to double up and tape the Thursday and Friday night shows on the same night.

So, is there anyone here who's over 18 and lives in the NYC area who can take the leadership of this project? Does anyone know someone over the age of 18 who lives in NYC who might want to take the leadership of this project -- etiher personally or on other MBs or facebook or myspace, etc.?  Does anyone over the age of 18 who lives in NYC or commute distance into NYC want to take part in the project but doesn't necessarily want to lead it?

Please volunteer here if you're willing to take on this project.  Please cross-post this project to other MBs and social websites.

I have additional ideas for the project if/when someone signs on for it, including asking any people in line who want to see Gg be revived to sign a giant posterboard with their name, town and state.

-- Rob

----------------------
Season 8:  Because I'm an ersistentpay astardbay.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 11:20:09 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
Mrs.L.Danes
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

I'm in, I'm All in for Season 8!!

View Profile
« Reply #5218 on: May 19, 2007, 11:19:06 am »

Usually when shows are cancelled, they continue to play reruns till years end, right?  I guess I was expecting to see season 7 shows one more time through the summer.  So they cancelled this years reruns too? !

TO THOSE WHO APPRECIATE
WISTERIA AND SUNSHINE
SMALL MEDIEVAL ITALIAN CASTLE
On the shores of the Mediterranean to
Be Let Furnished for the month of
April, Servants Remain
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #5219 on: May 19, 2007, 11:51:02 am »

I just went to MSN.com to check my email, and i saw a link that said "The CW Shows some leg". I figured that since it was abou tthe CW, something about Gilmore Girls would pop up. So I read it. On the second page of the article, I found this:
The CW Shows Some Leg
Plus: tipsy scenes from the Fox party.
By Troy Patterson
Posted Friday, May 18, 2007, at 5:52 PM ET
(Continued from page 1)

I ran into some Gilmore Girls fans upset that the CW had not given the show a dignified series finale. One fan, asked if he was excited about the new Fox show from Gilmore auteur Amy Sherman-Palladino, said, "I was until I saw the clips." Allegedly a comedy, The Return of Jezebel James stars Parker Posey as a book editor with a fertility problem and the redhead from Six Feet Under as her kid sister/surrogate womb.

I guess not everyone is up on the whole new show by ASP...

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: