The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 12:54:15 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1763511 times)
Junkie
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

We NEED season 8! Keep on fighting! ;-)

View Profile
« Reply #5145 on: May 18, 2007, 06:37:30 am »

it would be awesome if they published something about the great8mandate!! i'm from austria, so i could write them an e-mail too if you need help!
and BTW: i won't give up, that's for sure!  Wink

Hey Junkie - hello from Vienna Wink
I also thought it would be a good idea to draw our attention to magazines & newspapers. I am sure you know the magazine "Topic"? I wrote to them about 3 weeks ago after I heard that they wrote something about Gilmore Girls, but I never received an answer. Maybe if you're writing to some magazines you could include Topic? They'll probably print something if more people ask them about it.
Hi! I thought about writing to Xpress, Bravo and Yam. Of course i'll write to topic too, that's a good idea! BTW i live near vienna  Wink

Junkie
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #5146 on: May 18, 2007, 07:09:01 am »

Look up at the top righthand corner under Key Stats -   as I post this, I see 9238.

Thats how many members we have here?
do you mean the total members or the ones that participate in the great8mandate?

I mean everybody who writes in this Forum.

okay, well in that case it would be the number in the top right corner  Wink

britni
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #5147 on: May 18, 2007, 07:12:58 am »

Okay we all have to face it Gilmore girs seasons are over, but don't get mad at me just yet, I think we need to be asking for a runion show. I mean lets face it that finale did not even begin to measure up to the other episodes of that show. As loyal viewers I think we deserve more. Personally I think there was no closure, Lorali and Luke were ment to be togather and all they did was kiss...and at the end in the diner she called hin an "old friend" what was up with that. I mean that was a good episode, but not at all a good endig, I know I need more and im sure you guys feel the same. Also what about Logan did he just fall off the face of the earth. I think if the finale had given us closure we could except more that the show is finally over, but it didn't, so thats what we should demand....one last show with a good enough ending that we can let our imagination do the rest. Also I think by going to the CW and Warner Brothers were doing this all wrong, they wated to keep the show from what i here. So I think we should go to the cast and tell them how important it is for all Gilmore Girls fans to see one last episode and finally have closure.

If you want closure to Gilmore Girls story, either by movie or a season 8 be sure to sign the petition at:
www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate

Also be sure to visit www.savethelorelais.org
Simply Cynical
Diner Regular

Community Points: -32

Can you please tell me why you're snarking me?

View Profile
« Reply #5148 on: May 18, 2007, 07:17:54 am »

I get what you're saying Brit; but alot of people are finding it really hard to let go --Hell, I'm one of them.

But they did set it up for atleast a reunion, didn't they? I mean we have to find out what happens to Paris, LL, Rory, Lane, Zach, Foodies, Foodies' baby's gender/name... So much we don't know!

britni
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #5149 on: May 18, 2007, 07:46:16 am »

They did leave alot of things open in the last show.....too many if you ask me, and for me personally thats why I think i'm having such a hard time letting go. I think what everyone has to except is all great things must someday come to end. However for a spectacular show like Gilmore Girls there should have been a spectacular ending...and that endong wasn't. I mean the reson why you all may feel you can't live without Gilmore Girls is probaly because it was just to vague of an ending. Infact if the eding would have just gave a little more detail about what happed to all the characters on the show I think that everone would feel better about it endig. What im tryig to say is i think that ending sucked, and that us, as loyal fas deserve more. And i think we have a better chance of getting a reunion show than a whole new season. After all one more episode of Gilmore Girls is alot better than no more Gilmore Girls at all.

If you want closure to Gilmore Girls story, either by movie or a season 8 be sure to sign the petition at:

Junkie
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #5150 on: May 18, 2007, 07:54:19 am »

After all one more episode of Gilmore Girls is alot better than no more Gilmore Girls at all.

you're right but if they did only one more episode, they would have to bring way too much to an end in 40 minutes... i think that wouldn't be good either. that's why i support season 8 - either with 22 or 13 episodes. as long as we get a good ending i don't care whether it's a full or a shortened season. i just hope that me manage to move something out there!

#1DeanLover
Diner Regular

Community Points: 24

I love Dean, and I am insane!

View Profile
« Reply #5151 on: May 18, 2007, 07:55:43 am »

Try this new site:
luvgilmoregirls.proboard57.com
I am a member.

~#1DeanLover
Junkie
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #5152 on: May 18, 2007, 08:03:53 am »

Try this new site:
luvgilmoregirls.proboard57.com
I am a member.
that link doesn't work...  Undecided

britni
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #5153 on: May 18, 2007, 08:10:19 am »

All im trig to poit out is for them to bring back Gilmore Girls is a log shot....a reunion show would be more likely. I mean I really don't has a show ever just been brought back like that  for aother season.

ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5154 on: May 18, 2007, 08:36:29 am »

For anyone on Facebook, there is a Great8Mandate group that right now has 237 members.  I'm not sure what we can do with that, but I know several people I've invited have joined and probably found out about this site that way.  We can use all the publicity we can get!

Cool!  That's great news. Prettystick!

1) Have them start sendind real daisies -- if you want to crosspost my Operation: Daisy Duke manifesto (most recent version around 6-8 pages back, but a new one coming in a couple of hours as I finish updating it), please do so.  If you want to post it there, make sure it hasn't already posted somewhere else in that group -- ask your group first.

2) Have them write to Dawn Ostroff and to Lauren and Alexis -- it seems that Alexis may be the one who needs more convincing than Lauren, so if you pick two of them, pick Dawn Ostroff and Alexis.  If you pick one to write to, pick Dawn or Alexis first, then Lauren.  Start writing more than one letter to each person each week.  Do not send more than one letter per day, and don't send letters to any one person every day.  Pick a different person each day.  Don't send the same letter over and over again.  Feel free to rewrite and refine a previous letter, but more effective may be to write something different each time.  Keep it down to one side of one page, so that they have maximum amount of reading time.

3) Give them the phone number for the viewer comment line at 1-818-977-6878.  You should be able to get through for quite some time today and everyday as they go through the comments each morning.  The goal is always to max out the comment line for the day, but make sure that each person only calls once per day or it has the opposite effect than what we want, it'd be voicemail spam.

4) Recruit as many more people to that facebook group as you can -- make it big, big, big.  If people from the group want to join here, that's great, but the size of the facebook group may be effective in and of itself the larger it grows, too.  I'm not familiar with facebook other than knowing it exists, so please, post a reliable link to this group here at the Mandate thread and I'll add it to one or the other of the rotating FAQs that I do here.

5) Keep recruiting as many people as you possibly can. 

Clearly, the CW's schedule in general is a disaster with their being in the process of abandoning scripted programming, so a secondary reason for focusing on Gilmore Girls getting revived is to send them a message that abandoning scripted shows is not acceptable, making reviving Gilmore Girls for a proper series ending 13-episodes would restore some faith in the network.  For those people (Veronica Mars fans, even), focusing on a revival of Gg is the best goal as Gg has had the highest ratings and is therefore the easiest target of what is, afte all, a very hard task that is made easier by every single person that joins the Mandate in some way, whether it's in their own group or here in the Mandate thread.

-- Rob

--------------------
Season 8:  Because the more that I think about it, the worse the CW's fall schedule gets even *aside* from their cancelling Gg at a wholly unacceptable time.
ObessedwithGG
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 16

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5155 on: May 18, 2007, 08:37:08 am »

So, the new line up over there at the CW, looks well, painful.  I've never  been a huge fan of anything on the WB/CW besides Gilmore Girls and 7th Heaven.  Now, understandably, 7th Heaven, it is time to say good bye.  But not for Gilmore Girls.  I have to say that if that is how the line up really goes next year I won't be watching it.  And it's not for a boycott, it is simply for the fact that nothing is appealing to watch.  

I'm not giving up yet, none of us really can.  We've got tons of time left.  Keep mandating people!  

ShutUpRob-Way too keep the momentum up.  A good job and *prettystick* to you.

Sorry...it's been awhile since I've been on.  Stupid work.

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

View Profile
« Reply #5156 on: May 18, 2007, 09:10:58 am »

Hey out there everyone,

I just wanted to say let's keep the positive attitudes up here[/u]!  It's great to see so many positive voices.  Please keep in mind that if you have an opinion about why season 8 might not be a good idea, it's great that you have that opinion, but our mission here is the Great8Mandate.  That's our specific task.  And we know based on 7th Heaven that this is anything but a long shot!  So let's keep those attitudes high and please, if you don't want a season 8, that's fine, but don't come here to harp on why it's not going to happen.  That makes us sad. Sad

Anyhow, keep it up with the comment line folks!  It was still full last night the last time I try and I'm about to go try again now.

What would we think about a petition drive?  I could design up a petition, and make it available for download, and then we could send them all to one member of the Great8Mandate, who could send them all in in one giant shipment?  Multiple different thin envelopes may get ignored -- however a box (or a really thick envelope) with a stack of them is hard to ignore!

If you need the graphics for the postcards sent to you, please PM me your preferred email address and I will send you the necessary graphics!

Thanks guys -- keep it up!  This is all wonderful!

--Heather

ETA: As of 12:13 p.m., the viewer comment box at the CW is still full!  Way to show that Gilmore spirit folks!  Smiley  I'm dying to rant a bit to that box right now, but also delighted to see it's still full!  If that ain't Lorelai persistance, I don't know what it is!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 09:14:18 am by heatherkilpatrick » Logged

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
Junkie
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #5157 on: May 18, 2007, 09:34:48 am »

alright, i just sent some mails to austrian and german youth magazines. i asked them to write something about the great8mandate so that european fans also get encouraged to participate! i'll inform you as soon as i receive an answer!  Smiley

lalaliz2005
« Reply #5158 on: May 18, 2007, 09:40:51 am »

COMMENT LINE IS OPEN!!! I just left a message as of 12:43!!! GO GO GO!! The number is  1-818-977-6878.

And remember, ya'll, DO NOT BE RUDE! Yes, I would have loved to leave them  a message, cussing them out, and calling them butt-faced miscreants... but I didn't. That kind of message will NOT get the response we want.

Follow ShutUpRob's guidelines if you need to:

* BE BRIEF (FOR VOICEMAIL AND EMAIL):  If you leave a long voicemail, it sounds like a ramble by somebody who's unstable.  Just say who you are, where you're from, your approximate age, why you like Gg and why you think it shouldn't end/why you think the season finale is not enough.  And thank them for their time.

* BE POLITE. I know that there's a lot of anger and sadness going on right now, but don't unleash any of it on the person that you're writing too (s/he may not even be responsible for what's happening to the show).  Just tell them why you like the show, the actors, the stories, how it affects you, why you think it should continue, etc.  If your letter is all tone and no substance, they won't read it.  Or maybe the first person who reads it won't pass it on to someone else at the studio or directly involved with the show.

* BE POLITE (Again):  DON'T mention the salary issues because it's not our place to address them.  Some form of "I hope that you are still looking for a solution that results in the show going on" would IMO be a great way to sidestep that issue.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 09:48:21 am by lalaliz2005 » Logged
britni
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #5159 on: May 18, 2007, 09:46:09 am »

Okay im obviously new to this forum, so could someone whos been around for a while tell me what i can do to help support a gilmore girls 8th season.

Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: