The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2017, 12:45:36 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1734939 times)
Gilmoreluver
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

Lorelai "Hi....personal"

View Profile
« Reply #5070 on: May 17, 2007, 12:44:38 pm »

Thanks Rob for the number to CW. I've just called & told them I won't be watching CW any longer due to removing Gg's!! People can also go onto www.cwtv.com and log onto the lounge and leave comments. The CW states they listen to comments and read the blogs in the lounge!! So come on everyone!! Start leaving comments letting CW know they've just lost one more viewer!!!!  Grin

Junkie
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

We NEED season 8! Keep on fighting! ;-)

View Profile
« Reply #5071 on: May 17, 2007, 12:46:17 pm »

Maybe she's on a suicide mission and taking the cw with her.

LOL! we'll see...  Grin

smallactor5
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #5072 on: May 17, 2007, 12:55:44 pm »

Definitely calling the CW and posting on the site, but does anyone know, are these e-mails to Dawn Ostroff at [email protected] getting through?  I would think not, since it's not UPN anymore.  Does anyone have another idea?
Junkie
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

We NEED season 8! Keep on fighting! ;-)

View Profile
« Reply #5073 on: May 17, 2007, 01:01:03 pm »

Definitely calling the CW and posting on the site, but does anyone know, are these e-mails to Dawn Ostroff at [email protected] getting through?  I would think not, since it's not UPN anymore.  Does anyone have another idea?
well, as far as i know nobody reiceved an answer, so i'm not sure either if they are even read...  Undecided it's a pity though. i think you'd have a better chance with snail mails.

Gilmores-Forever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 38

View Profile
« Reply #5074 on: May 17, 2007, 01:03:10 pm »

when is the phone line closing? does anybody knoww Smiley

sarah =)
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5075 on: May 17, 2007, 01:17:04 pm »

when is the phone line closing? does anybody knoww Smiley

The phone line closes whenever it is full.  So call. 1-818-977-6878

If you also want to mention Veronica Mars and/or how you felt about the remark below that Ostroff said at the Upfronts feel free.
-------------------

BTW, here's what Ostroff said about Gg via Ausiello's liveblogging at the Ausiello Report:
http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Live-Cw-Upfront/800015355

12:01: Onto Tuesday, Beauty and the Geek replaces Gilmore Girls at 8. Oooh, Dawn finally brings up Gilmore. Grab your tissues! "While we're sad to see Gilmore Girls go," she says "the truth is Beauty and the Geek actually performed better among young adult viewers." WTF!? That's the tribute?! Unbelievable!

------------------

There's one *huge* thing wrong with Ostroff's analysis -- BatG aired on Wednesdays this year, in ANTM's slot and therefore, how it did is pretty much inapplicable to how Gilmore Girls did in the target demographics on Tuesdays, especially since Gg was up against the much harder competition of Dancing with the Stars in the fall and American Idol in the spring.  BatG will be crushed by both, even if there ends up being a backlash against Idol next spring.  So IMO, Ostroff's just spinning and insulting our intelligence here.

-- Rob

----------------
Season 8:  Because The CW needs to be saved from itself.
Gilmores-Forever
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #5076 on: May 17, 2007, 01:19:26 pm »

alright thanks Smiley ill try this weekend for suuure Grin

sarah =)
flcrkr
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #5077 on: May 17, 2007, 01:39:12 pm »

Wow. What a line up! /sarcasm. Yeah, that has to be the worst schedule line up I have  ever seen. I can't believe they are replacing GG with Beauty and the Geek! And that Reaper show? That to me sounds like a knock off of Supernatural! And really not surprised that VM got the axe. Yeah, I have no reason to watch the CW except for Supernatural. The CW is such a joke!

I am gonna call the comment line as soon as I can think of what to say, lol.
TheRealRoryGilmore
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5078 on: May 17, 2007, 01:48:05 pm »

well one tree hill was renewed for the cw, it was posted in my local newspaper today...well i think it was the cw...ughh...i would so much rather have GG over OTH. even though my work is on theOTH set. i'd rather have gilmore girls...ughh...is the phone line for the cw comment thing open?

I want to work on the OTH set  Grin How would I get to do that?  Wink
bgraham34
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5079 on: May 17, 2007, 02:03:34 pm »

I would love nothing more than too have an 8th season picked up for the girls. We are running out of time for this. The cast members are busy getting their schedules booked up. I also think it was Alexis who did not want to really return for the 8th season. I think Lauren was all for it but they two girls said they would stick together to get what eachother wanted. I think Alex's demands were too high. But at least give as a two hour tv movie to wrap it up.
Gilmores-Forever
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #5080 on: May 17, 2007, 02:10:10 pm »

what 2 hour movie?!

sarah =)
flcrkr
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5081 on: May 17, 2007, 02:21:13 pm »

I just called the comment like and left my comment. LOL I hope they understand me. I talked so fast because I was afraid it would cut off on me.
gg4life07
Town Resident

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #5082 on: May 17, 2007, 02:41:12 pm »

im trying to get all my friends to write letters and spread the world, i hope it helps keep the 8th season alive.

*image made by Sharon aka skftex

~mom you've already given me everything i need~
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5083 on: May 17, 2007, 03:01:18 pm »

Ugh, first I was sad....now mad! I'm 27, and I don't know what she means by "young adult",  but I never wasted a second of my precious time with Beauty and the Geek.  I'm insulted; Lauren Graham should be insulted... I don't even get it... and I kinda thought they were gonna give VM another shot. Ugh... I'm calling that comment line AGAIN... the # is in my sig...

ok, so now I realize that I guess I'm not a 'young adult' anymore-- but why don't they care that ADULTS 25-40 (whatever) love this show too?! I think that should be even more important than teenagers (no offense, gals, love ya!) because we have the money to buy the DVDs, etc....
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 03:03:04 pm by neverapuff » Logged

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
tsmurphygirl
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5084 on: May 17, 2007, 03:03:17 pm »

I am beginning to realize why there will be no more Gilmore Girls.....I can just see it in my head how it all went down:

CW:  hmmmm, should we keep you all on, or replace the show with some of these new shows which will cost us less and they will be forced to work under OUR conditions???

Alexis and Loren:  We really want to see this show come full circle and be everything that Amy wanted it to be; however, these hours you are making us keep and this new writing is wearing us out.  The fans can tell the writing is not the same and are starting to lose interest in the story lines (which don't make sense because it's not the way Amy saw it.)  We really need Amy back.

CW:  No way will we bring Amy back, she would cost us too much money and we already burned that bridge last year with her.  We could save some money by doing  less episodes, which would also not tie you up too much....but you still need to follow our orders and let us control everything.

Alexis and Loren:  *thinking to themselves they really want to keep the show going for the fans, but no way do they want to continue working for a network who has screwed up so much already and puts $$s into shows like Beauty and the Geek for God's sake*  We're sorry, we just can't work under those conditions.

CW:  Hmmm....let us talk amongst ourselves and see if we could scrounge around a few more dollars which my entice you into staying.......Okay, how about this amount $$$$$.

Alexis and Loren:  You know, we really don't see a future with your pathetic network.  You have turned this show into a joke instead of the great family show it used to be.  When we look in the mirror, we're not seeing Rory and Loralai anymore, it's become pretty depressing for us.  Let's try 8 more episodes just so we can try to bring this show back around and wrap it up the way it's supposed to be.  How does that sound??  Oh...and we'll take a pay raise of course.

CW:  How dare you.... We ae the rulers around here, what we say goes.  We are insulted that you would even question our impecable judgement.  Just for that, you are done.  What you did as a season finale will now be the Series Finale and your fans will blame YOU (because we are perfect.)  How do you like them apples???

Alexis and Loren:  You really are pathetic and now our fans will suffer because of your poor judgement.  We wish we would have never heard of the CW, because it won't be long when everyone forgets about you anyway.  We will take our experience and go find something better to do with networks who will appreciate what we've brought to the table.  Unfortunately because of our contracts, we have to continue to say nice things during our interviews and not bash you.  But, we tell you this.....it won't be long before everyone else discovers the truth!  Good luck with your smashing new fall shows!

*exit*

Ha!  At least that's how I see it.  You could also add in some of the other cast voicing their opinions I'm sure...as I know they all have looked and seemed disappointed.  It's unfortunate that it's ended this way.
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: