The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2017, 09:44:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1762572 times)
Junkie
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

We NEED season 8! Keep on fighting! ;-)

View Profile
« Reply #5055 on: May 17, 2007, 10:55:58 am »

"Corporate parents CBS Corp. and Time Warner Inc. had hoped the CW could become a fifth major network by combining the best of its predecessors, but it has often slipped behind Univision in the ratings during a disappointing first year."      With the new schedule hopin and wishin wont be enough to save the cw.  Even ANTM is starting to get old.

Is it OK when I write to the German newspaper Yam who puplished this Article that they should mention
the Great8Mandate and I tell them this webside? Maybe than we get more German fans for this compaign.

You could at least try! There's nothing to lose!  Wink It's a good idea as we need to do everything to get attention. Especially now, since the upfronts made things even worse for us!  Angry  Embarrassed

LLFan
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #5056 on: May 17, 2007, 11:02:08 am »

Dear CW Network,

Last time I checked, it  has always been the audience that has kept networks in business. If you do not appeal to your audience, you will not have one, yet you have cancelled your best show the Gilmore Girls. You have not listened to the fans, in fact you have short changed them.  

After 7 years of waiting and watching, a better season finale was due to the fans. The last show robbed your precious supporters and viewers.  

You have stripped your line up and what you offer in the fall really is substandard. At this rate your network has slim chance of being a contender, let alone surviving in the long term.

Even 13 more epidsodes would have been wonderful.

I always adored Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledell.  I am hoping they both considered their fans when making decisions about season 8.  After all it is only the fans that make them who they are.  How many times have we seen lead actors/actresses leave a good show where they are popular, and loved, to step into their next career move yet they never regain the same lime light or popularity again. I  don't think that  many understand or see that their best work is usually the one they became famous for and starred in, especially when you make a classic that will be around for a long time. I mean who in Friends has recaptured the same pull other than maybe Jennifer Aniston.

I am hoping that the fans who put them where they are today were considered in their negotiations, without us, they are just another actress.

I hope the CW steps up to the plate and corrects its HUGH mistake.  I now have no reason to ever watch the CW again.  

So, CW, Lauren, Alexis.....are you listening?  Roll Eyes  Coffee Coffee

That being said, I have to wonder if Lauren and Alexis' departure had to do with AMY. Maybe if they brought her back......OR if another network picks up GG they can do the 13 episodes with Amy...... Huh
m7rgya
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5057 on: May 17, 2007, 11:12:07 am »

i will do what ever to
see the show continue
i love them soooooo mush

thanks  Sad

GG3
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #5058 on: May 17, 2007, 11:12:46 am »

This may have already been posted and if so I apoligize for adding more to this topic:

The Washington Post has some interview segments with Kelly Bishop, Edward Hermann and Liza Weil - all of whom are dissatisfied with the season finale. Bolded sections are my emphasis only.

Forget closure, people. It appears the fans are the ones getting left at the altar…
according to more than one cast member, the conclusion is less than satisfying… One of those shows that had only decent ratings but a tremendously loyal following, "Gilmore" wraps up in a way that series regular Kelly Bishop describes as "disrespectful" to fans.

"There’s so much written into that script, it almost seemed as if — certainly with my character, certainly with Lorelai and Luke — that we were ready to move on to the next story line," says Bishop, who plays Emily Gilmore, Lorelai’s often prickly mother. "That we were ready to begin the next season in the very next moment . . . I see a series of dots after the last scene of the show, rather than a period, or better yet, an exclamation point."…

I hope this link works
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/14/AR2007051401693.html?hpid=sec-artsliving

Wonny
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #5059 on: May 17, 2007, 11:18:09 am »

Dear CW Network,

Last time I checked, it  has always been the audience that has kept networks in business. If you do not appeal to your audience, you will not have one, yet you have cancelled your best show the Gilmore Girls. You have not listened to the fans, in fact you have short changed them.  

After 7 years of waiting and watching, a better season finale was due to the fans. The last show robbed your precious supporters and viewers.  

You have stripped your line up and what you offer in the fall really is substandard. At this rate your network has slim chance of being a contender, let alone surviving in the long term.

Even 13 more epidsodes would have been wonderful.

I always adored Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledell.  I am hoping they both considered their fans when making decisions about season 8.  After all it is only the fans that make them who they are.  How many times have we seen lead actors/actresses leave a good show where they are popular, and loved, to step into their next career move yet they never regain the same lime light or popularity again. I  don't think that  many understand or see that their best work is usually the one they became famous for and starred in, especially when you make a classic that will be around for a long time. I mean who in Friends has recaptured the same pull other than maybe Jennifer Aniston.

I am hoping that the fans who put them where they are today were considered in their negotiations, without us, they are just another actress.

I hope the CW steps up to the plate and corrects its HUGH mistake.  I now have no reason to ever watch the CW again.  

So, CW, Lauren, Alexis.....are you listening?  Roll Eyes  Coffee Coffee

That being said, I have to wonder if Lauren and Alexis' departure had to do with AMY. Maybe if they brought her back......OR if another network picks up GG they can do the 13 episodes with Amy...... Huh

I wrote a e-mail to the "Yam" magazine. I mentined the Great8Mandate on www.gilmoregirls.org and I
said that so much joined the compaign but some fans in Germany don´t know it that this compaign exist.
I mentioned what we do (Daisy Campaign,e-mails, letters...), and said that every fan should join the compaign. Smiley
Lauren xx 424
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5060 on: May 17, 2007, 11:40:20 am »

well one tree hill was renewed for the cw, it was posted in my local newspaper today...well i think it was the cw...ughh...i would so much rather have GG over OTH. even though my work is on theOTH set. i'd rather have gilmore girls...ughh...is the phone line for the cw comment thing open?

*Lauren*

7.24.05 // 7.03.06 // *7.04.06* // 7.06.06 // 2.17.07 // 2.18.07
Kelly Clarkson && Gilmore Girls = Love Pleased

amanda elise20
Town Resident

Community Points: 5

Oy with the poodles already.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5061 on: May 17, 2007, 11:47:24 am »

I'm wondering if maybe since DO and other execs at the cw aren't thinking with the fans best interest at heart, i wonder if maybe we start going to another network like abc family, fox, or another one like that maybe we can get GG picked up by someone willing to sacrifice some money with a huge pay off, us, the fans, ratings and more money for them!!!

What do you guys think?  Is this something maybe we should start doing?

----Java Junkie---Headliner---Foodie----
*amanda elise*

*F*A*I*T*H*

sig made by sooks... thanks!
LaurenGrahamFan92
Stars Hollow Tourist

Save Gilmore Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE !!!!!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5062 on: May 17, 2007, 11:58:45 am »

Angry i am so sad it went off and i think it is straight up dumb and if the cw oesn't bring gilmore girls back imma tell every body to stop watching it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Cry  so if they kick it for good they can kiss their network away and their money b/c nobody will watch it then  Shocked !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
Junkie
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

We NEED season 8! Keep on fighting! ;-)

View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: May 17, 2007, 12:03:23 pm »

i hope that The CW will lose a lot of watchers in the future so that they reconsider about GG. that's just not fair!!!  Embarrassed

ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: May 17, 2007, 12:13:22 pm »

I'm wondering if maybe since DO and other execs at the cw aren't thinking with the fans best interest at heart, i wonder if maybe we start going to another network like abc family, fox, or another one like that maybe we can get GG picked up by someone willing to sacrifice some money with a huge pay off, us, the fans, ratings and more money for them!!!

What do you guys think?  Is this something maybe we should start doing?

The show won't get picked up by any other network outright.  There's always a chance that *perhaps* The CW and Warner could arrange a "reverse-burst" situation ala how new episodes of L&O: CI are going to be broadcast on USA first *then* on NBC in the fall, but NBC Universal owns the show and both of the networks.  Warner has only two links in the chain, the show and one network.  Therefore, it's best to urge Ostroff and the actresses to rebuild their burnt bridges and just come back to the table for a possible midseason replacement.  Gossip Girl looks like a good show that was actually intended to start at 9pm Tuesdays to transition into the 8pm timeslot once s8 of Gg ended, but they've clearly chicked out due to cancelling Gg early and rearranged the schedule to a pretty useless configuration.  Doesn't help that they've now put Gossip Girl against American Idol on Wednesdays, doesn't matter that they've conceded Tuesdays to both Dancing with the Stars (in the fall) and Idol (in the spring).  They've more or less slit their own wrists.

Worse, Ostroff insulted Gilmore Girls at the Upfronts today by saying that the show appealed to an "older audience" than what they are aiming for.  Which only makes me think that, "What, are you aiming for zygotes now?  We know that Gg is constantly #2 in The CW's target audience, better than any other show in the timeslot aiming even remotely for Idol's target audience.  Now the network is being disingenuous and burning bridges with the viewers, and that's just insane.

It may be time to have a good reason to call Paul Macguire and leave a message that's *really* for him -- that he's got a media fiasco on his hands.

-- Rob

-----------------------
Season 8:  Because this time, it's personal.
rainbowflies
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: May 17, 2007, 12:17:23 pm »

This end of... what I seriously grew up on, is too sudden and completely unfair. My mom and I are that perfect korky relationship... no matter what- fighting or now at the time my boyfriend jason. my mom, and i would gather around the tv for dinner then Gilmore Girls. Its our time together. On tues all I could do was sit on the couch and ball... so i am taking ahttp://stand ..  
we mandate season eight

IN OMNIA PARATUS!  [/color]  Cry
sugarbell23
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5066 on: May 17, 2007, 12:24:09 pm »

What is DO thinking??? We all were seven years younger when it started? So of course we arent going to be babies.....Maybe she's on a suicide mission and taking the cw with her.

its just too soon
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5067 on: May 17, 2007, 12:29:58 pm »

Hey, just thought I'd let everyone know, the CW's viewer comment line is still open at 1-818-977-6878.  Please call right now if you can or ASAP before the east coast feed of Smallville tonight for you East coasties and before 5pm PT (and the end of their working hours for the day) for you west coasties.  OTOH, if you can't call that soon, by all means, try to call the line afterward -- after all, you may get through.  Please read media reports about the Upfronts and pay particular attention to Dawn Ostroff's comments about Gilmore Girls, which are insulting (even though I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt and thinking that she was trying to spin it for the advertisers, she was nevertheless spinning an untruth to the advertisers.)

-- Rob

-----------------------
Season 8:  Because the network can do better than that.
Gilmoreluver
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

Lorelai "Hi....personal"

View Profile
« Reply #5068 on: May 17, 2007, 12:30:24 pm »

I agree!!! THE CW IS STUPID!!! Bad mistake here guys!! I now have no reason to watch CW anymore since Gilmore girls is gone!! I will at this point protest and no longer turn on the CW ever. (Unless it's to watch gg's if it is brought back!!) I understand the whole business mantality. The girls wanted more money to stay and shoot 13 episodes for season 8. So what?? The show is thriving!! Give more money to Lauren & Alexis and keep ratings alive. In the long run it'd been cheaper to up the girls salaries and still get tons of viewings!!

Mak
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #5069 on: May 17, 2007, 12:37:29 pm »

Hey Rob, I'm really loving all the reasons you've summed up for going ahead with a season 8. Any chance of putting them all together so I can have a good laugh to help me tie over these bad fall-out days? Thanks
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: