The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 01:28:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1765126 times)
smallactor5
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #5040 on: May 17, 2007, 07:52:03 am »

Where can we get the scoop on the upfronts?  I know they're today, but when and where do we get the news?  I'm very interested to see what kind of crap CW puts in the Tuesday 8pm time slot.
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: May 17, 2007, 08:04:12 am »

Where can we get the scoop on the upfronts?  I know they're today, but when and where do we get the news?  I'm very interested to see what kind of crap CW puts in the Tuesday 8pm time slot.

The Upfronts generally start around 4-5pm ET (1:00 or 2:00pm PT) and are held in New York (because that's where the advertisers are).  Variety leaked a probable (NOT DEFINITE) schedule a day or two ago that I found posted to Usenet and it looks like this:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117965053.html?categoryid=2567&cs=1

Monday: Chris/Aliens in America/Girlfriends/The Game
Tuesday: Beauty and the Geek/Reaper
Wednesday: Top Model/Gossip Girl
Thursday: Smallville/Supernatural
Friday: Smackdown
Sunday: CW Now/Online Nation/Life Is Wild/Top Model rerun

"One Tree Hill" at midseason airing uninterrupted

If it's true, it's the worst schedule that either The CW or The WB has released in at least 8 years.  I hope it gets a lot of boos from the audience of journalists and advertisers.  It's also one more reason why we should aim to max out the comment line's voicemail even before the season finale of Smallville starts tonight on the East Coast.  Spread the word!

-- Rob

-------------------
Season 8:  Because The CW really shouldn't be trying to kill itself at all, much less this fast.
amanda elise20
Town Resident

Community Points: 5

Oy with the poodles already.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5042 on: May 17, 2007, 08:54:20 am »

OMG you'd think the guys at cw would listen to the fans just a little bit,
this line up is seriously not one that i would watch...
the only reason i still watch the cw is cuz of Roseanne and the Cosby show...
other than that, everything else i can defiantly live without

----Java Junkie---Headliner---Foodie----
*amanda elise*

*F*A*I*T*H*

sig made by sooks... thanks!
lalaliz2005
« Reply #5043 on: May 17, 2007, 09:05:24 am »

Wednesday: Top Model/Gossip Girl

Gossip Girl? As in the book series?
tsmurphygirl
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: May 17, 2007, 09:54:34 am »

I just checked the Ausiello Report from tvguide.com....not good news.  Here's the link here: 

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Live-Cw-Upfront/800015355

To paraphrase the parts Gilmore Fans are most interested in, here's a bit of what went down:

11:36  CW ad sales boss Bill Morningstar is doing a spiel on content wraps.  I hope someone acknowledges the passing of Gilmore Girls.  A video tribute would be nice.

12:01 Onto Tuesday, Beauty and the Geek replaces Gilmore Girls at 8.  Oooh, Dawn finally brings up Gilmore.  Grab your tissues!  "While we're sad to see Gilmore Girls go," she says "the truth is Beauty and the Geek actually performed better among young adult viewers."  WTF?  That's the tribute?!  Unbelievable!

So, there we have it.  I hate to say it, but I think we're beating a dead horse to continue with Ms. Dawn O.  I just cannot believe the nerve and lack of tact with dismissing one of the best shows ever.  And, to replace it with Beauty and the Geek?Huh  Get real!  I am not giving the CW any more of my time.  Apparently, being 33,  having 2 small kids, and a husband serving our country with constant deployments, I am not part of HER target audience!  Shame on you Dawn!!!!!
sugarbell23
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: May 17, 2007, 10:06:06 am »

Beauty and the Geek?  There is no way that stupid @$$ show does better than GG.. I just cant believe after SEVEN years, this is what we get....

its just too soon
tsmurphygirl
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: May 17, 2007, 10:13:37 am »

I also just found this on yahoo:

The CW cancels `Veronica Mars' By DAVID BAUDER, AP Television Writer
1 hour, 7 minutes ago

NEW YORK - The CW network canceled the cult hit "Veronica Mars" and will try to pick up steam in its second year with series about the snobby rich, transplanted families and a bounty hunter for the devil.

The network, created out of the ashes of the former WB and UPN, had already ended the long-running family dramas "7th Heaven" and "Gilmore Girls On Thursday the ax fell on "Veronica Mars," which starred  Kristen Bell as a wisecracking teenage private eye.

Corporate parents CBS Corp. and Time Warner Inc. had hoped the CW could become a fifth major network by combining the best of its predecessors, but it has often slipped behind Univision in the ratings during a disappointing first year.

The new "Gossip Girl," about a group of prep school teenagers in Manhattan, will be given the biggest push. The CW scheduled it for Wednesdays at 9 p.m. after its top-rated program, "America's Next Top Model."

The CW's only new comedy, "Aliens in America," is about a high school student trying to adjust to a Pakistani exchange student. "Life is Wild" is a drama about a New York City family spending a year at a game reserve in South Africa.

The new drama "Reaper" features one of the CW's oldest new characters: a 21-year-old. His parents sold his soul to the devil and he's assigned to track down evil escapees from hell.

On Sunday nights, the network will debut "The CW Now," an entertainment-oriented newsmagazine for 18-to-34-year-olds. "Online Nation" will talk about what's hot on the Web.

In midseason, the CW will bring on a reality show, "Farmer Wants a Wife," about a country guy choosing among 10 women fed up with big-city prospects.

Farmer Wants a Wife  Now, THAT sounds like a real winner!!!!*gag and puke*  Great going CW......you're one smart cookie jar!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 10:18:42 am by tsmurphygirl » Logged
Junkie
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

We NEED season 8! Keep on fighting! ;-)

View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: May 17, 2007, 10:13:54 am »

OMG i can't believe it! how can ms. ostroff think that "beauty and the geek" will be watched by more people??? that's so naive!!!  Angry it makes me quite upset that they don't really seem to care about the end of GG! that's definetly not what we've deserved!!!

sugarbell23
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: May 17, 2007, 10:18:52 am »

"Corporate parents CBS Corp. and Time Warner Inc. had hoped the CW could become a fifth major network by combining the best of its predecessors, but it has often slipped behind Univision in the ratings during a disappointing first year."      With the new schedule hopin and wishin wont be enough to save the cw.  Even ANTM is starting to get old.

its just too soon
Wonny
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: May 17, 2007, 10:24:48 am »

OMG i can't believe it! how can ms. ostroff think that "beauty and the geek" will be watched by more people??? that's so naive!!!  Angry it makes me quite upset that they don't really seem to care about the end of GG! that's definetly not what we've deserved!!!

My sister said that that Gilmore Girls has been canceled because of the bad storyline.
Itīs published in the German newspaper "Yam". I will buy it tomorrow and than I tell you more. Embarrassed
FlyGrl0609
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: May 17, 2007, 10:30:09 am »

Ok, canceling GG was bad enough, but now VM too...the only show I'm really attached to on the CW is ANTM and I can watch those repeats on VH1. I am definatly done with the CW.

June: Rule #1 Don't propose to a girl on a bus.

~~~Headliner & Java Junkie all the way!~~~
Simply Cynical
Diner Regular

Community Points: -32

Can you please tell me why you're snarking me?

View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: May 17, 2007, 10:31:11 am »

I get where you're coming from, but I love supernatural so I'm stickin' with it.

smallactor5
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: May 17, 2007, 10:31:27 am »

I literally had my head in my hands as I read the CW's new line-up.  Are they serious?  A 21 year-old sells his soul to the devil?  A farmer looks for a wife?  And yes, I did watch "Beauty and the Geek" when it fit my schedule, but I know very few others who did, and it's not as though that show has an audience half as loyal as "Gilmore Girls."  
Is there not a single sane person left at the network?
Maya319
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: May 17, 2007, 10:41:12 am »

They've cancelled GG and VM now? There'll be no redeeming reason to watch the CW now...are they TRYING to drive viewers away?
Wonny
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: May 17, 2007, 10:46:00 am »

"Corporate parents CBS Corp. and Time Warner Inc. had hoped the CW could become a fifth major network by combining the best of its predecessors, but it has often slipped behind Univision in the ratings during a disappointing first year."      With the new schedule hopin and wishin wont be enough to save the cw.  Even ANTM is starting to get old.

Is it OK when I write to the German newspaper Yam who puplished this Article that they should mention
the Great8Mandate and I tell them this webside? Maybe than we get more German fans for this compaign.
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: