The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 01:34:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1765154 times)
Ann
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #5025 on: May 16, 2007, 09:58:52 pm »

Just been on savemyshow.com and put more votes down, it stands at (my last vote) 88% yes with 4500 votes for girlmore girls. Pretty Cool!! But I know we can doo more, MUCH MORE? Also sending off postcards today. may take a couple of days as they are coming from australia.
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

View Profile
« Reply #5026 on: May 16, 2007, 10:00:55 pm »

All right, everyone.  I'm heading off to bed (watching Season 6 on DVD 'til I fall asleep) -- I'm going to call the comment line and Paul's line again before I go to sleep. 

Remember everyone: The squeaky wheel gets the oil!  So keep squeaking and being persistent!  We can do this!  Smiley

Night all.

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5027 on: May 16, 2007, 10:08:21 pm »

I left my comment today, and I must say it was much less spastic than the one from last night!  Cheesy They announce the Gilmore-less Upfronts tomorrow- how will we find out about it? We should hit them double time once we find out exactly what lame-o stuff the CW is so confidently spending their money on instead...

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
asense0fhope
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 0

WE WONT GIVE IN TIL WE SEE A WEDDING!

View Profile
« Reply #5028 on: May 16, 2007, 10:30:08 pm »

okay today/tomorrow - depending on where you're from is when we find out "officially" if it's over for us, (even though we'll all keep fighting =] ) but i have my boyfriend's college graduation tomorrow! (allday!) and Friday morning around 5 am i leave for vacation! so i'm pretty much missing out on this huge event! i'm so upset and i know that by the time i can get back on the site, there will be a billion pages of things said, so i'm curious if someone would be sweet enough to  PM me any changes when we hear them?

i would be unbelievably grateful!

OY WITH THE POODLES ALREADY!
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5029 on: May 16, 2007, 10:30:51 pm »

All right, everyone.  I'm heading off to bed (watching Season 6 on DVD 'til I fall asleep) -- I'm going to call the comment line and Paul's line again before I go to sleep. 

Remember everyone: The squeaky wheel gets the oil!  So keep squeaking and being persistent!  We can do this!  Smiley

Night all.

Heather, that's a great reminder!  I wish I could have remembered it!  We can also call it, "The squeaky mouse gets the cheese."  That's what we've got to be.

BTW, I don't watch Idol, I watch The Soup and the last two minutes of Idol that run over into House and I couldn't believe the news that the singer who should have won this season (Melinda Doolittle) got voted off in third place.  (Mind you, my degree is in theater, so I'm trained to have an eye for talent and an expertise in casting.  The viewers screwed up and broke the show.  Please, those of you who meet disgruntled Idol fans/Melinda fans, send them over here to help us by writing letters and sending daisies!

@ asenseOfhope -- There won't be any notice of uncancellation of Gg on Thursday, so that's not an issue.  Remember, we're going into this with the knowledge that the show is, in fact, cancelled and the goal is to change the minds of Dawn, Lauren and Alexis in howeverlong it takes *after* the fall schedule is officially announced -- and btw, the advance schedule that has been leaked is the worst one that the CW or The WB have announced in the past eight years and is on par with the total suckitude of every single year of UPN's schedule.

THURSDAY'S GOAL:  To max out the comment line BEFORE Smallville starts on the east coast (8pm ET / 5pm PT).  Call 1-818-977-6878 as early as you can in the day, after you hear/read about the officially unveiled schedule and lodge your complaint about the changes, about the cancellation of Gilmore Girls and the opportunity that shouldn't be missed to revive Gilmore Girls now that American Idol has broken itself by voting the real winner off in third place.

It's going to be time to kick the campaign into high gear starting on Thursday.  Write your snail mail letters to Dawn, Lauren and Alexis and call the comment line.  After that, I've got a few ideas, one of which I need to pass by Heidi once I can figure out how to put it into words.  (It involves some computer-geek-isms that are unclear to me -- to mix Tuesday night shows on The WB, I'm a Lorelai and I need a Mac (the person, not the computer).

-- Rob

----------------------
Season 8:  Because, frankly, Gilmore Girls has a better shot against Idol next season than it's ever had before.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 10:42:16 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
Ann
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #5030 on: May 16, 2007, 11:02:34 pm »

Just stopped by the savemyshow and put some more votes in, it is now up to 4627 for yes for save girlmore girls. everyone is certainly getting into the groove. WHOW. Well going home now. vote more tomorrow.
KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5031 on: May 16, 2007, 11:15:41 pm »

I'm not sure about this but I read somewhere that they are repeating the last episode next Sunday again.Okay I found it!
It's here http://www.cwtv.com/shows/gilmore-girls/episodes The Grand finale,Catch an encore of the series finale, Sunday 8/7c
So I guess we can make more than 4.7million viewers this time right?
Leaving for class,I'll come back later
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 11:25:53 pm by KuKuLeNiLeNi » Logged

Wonny
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #5032 on: May 17, 2007, 12:11:29 am »

Wow.. that was like my favorite episode almost, ever.. almost.. but it was really good.. it tied up some loose ends and each character got their "special time", I liked the one with Lane and Rory.. that was sad.. like oh now.. we're all grown up and now Rory's going off into the world.. Lorelai won't be alone.. she'll have Luke.. and Lorelai and Emily was a good moment too.. she'll still be going to the dinners.. and everyone got to say goodbye.. I thought it was an excellent finale.. I was thinking that if there was another season.. it would be no Rory.. I don't think that would have worked.. and they kept saying that the environment had a different vibe.. so it might have gotten worse.. who knows.. but I would love an 8th season regardless. I think a movie would be awesome to tie things up good.. I loved that Luke said at the end .."take as long as you need" that was so cute.. i cryed the whole time practically.. it was overwhelmly emotional.. a good goodbye, I think.. so after seeing that, I feel alot better.. but I still would have wanted to see where Luke and Lorelai relationship goes.. like their 3rd first date.. and their wedding and such.. but.. we have our imagination.. and you never know.. I was thinking another network might try and pick the show up.. offer the girls a good salary and what they want.. that network would get really good ratings and people would love that network even more.. maybe like abc or fox.. who knows.. Im just still kinda in denial that its over over.. but. its not over yet, so keep mandating.. It makes us feel like we are doing something to help.. rather than giving up.. good idea on calling and all tho.. I hope we get our point across that they should have never gave up on this show and just given them what they wanted, even if it was only 8 episodes... i would have loved that!

I donīt think itīs a good ending. I think the last episodes is a wonderful start for more seasons.
I donīt want to dream about it, i want to see it. Every year when I saw a new season, I hoped
that Lorelai and Luke come together. Now we see it, and our dreams become reality (wedding and
everything), and they say:"Yeah, we promised you an 8th season but we decidet to cancel it!"
Thats very disappointing and sad. Keep on fighting. Youīre doing great. Today I will write a lot of letters. Smiley
purpleflippers
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5033 on: May 17, 2007, 03:38:33 am »

hey everyone, i just sent e-mails through the websites for Telefloral, 1800Flowers, and FTD, I explained what we are doing and asked that they offer people contacting them for daisey deliveries for this purpose a discount. I explained how there are quite a few people participating in this campaign, and that it would give them more business.............Maybe this will help some people with being able to afford the Daisies!!!!!!! Forget a thousand yellow daisies, lets give each of them a thousand arrangements of daisies (or more)!!!!!!!!!!

Also, I sent the "be happy" bouquet from telefloral, which is Daisies in a coffee mug...............how Gilmore is that?!?!?!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 03:46:49 am by purpleflippers » Logged
purpleflippers
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5034 on: May 17, 2007, 03:57:52 am »

hey everyone, i just sent e-mails through the websites for Telefloral, 1800Flowers, and FTD, I explained what we are doing and asked that they offer people contacting them for daisey deliveries for this purpose a discount. I explained how there are quite a few people participating in this campaign, and that it would give them more business.............Maybe this will help some people with being able to afford the Daisies!!!!!!! Forget a thousand yellow daisies, lets give each of them a thousand arrangements of daisies (or more)!!!!!!!!!!

Also, I sent the "be happy" bouquet from telefloral, which is Daisies in a coffee mug...............how Gilmore is that?!?!?!

On 1800flowers, you can use discount code: FLW2   when you are checking out, for 10% off.  I will let you all know if I get any other responces.     
purpleflippers
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5035 on: May 17, 2007, 04:18:07 am »

Sorry I keep posting, but this is pretty much the only time of day I can, so i'm trying to get you all information asap!!!
I found phone numbers for florists in the areas we need to send to:

Dawn Ostroff:     Flowerwild: 818-729-0309 / The Enchanted Florist: 818-840-8556 / Motion Pictures Flowers: 818-845-1717 and Forget me not florist: 818-508-7442

Lauren Graham: Century City Floral Center: 310-277-6716 / Beverly Canon Plowers: 800-400-7673 / and Muguet Florist 310-248-2611

Alexis Bledel: Ginger's Flowers: 323-933-6900

This is incase you want to contact a florist directly, I figured it would help, especially those not from the US.
sugarbell23
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5036 on: May 17, 2007, 04:19:39 am »

supernatural had a two part season finale....hmmmm

its just too soon
purpleflippers
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5037 on: May 17, 2007, 04:40:53 am »

supernatural had a two part season finale....hmmmm

Exactly!!! How hard would it have been to give us something more.  Like the end of charmed where they had 10 minutes of basically a flash-forward and you got to see how their lives turned out.  or Dawson's Creek which had a final episode which took place 5 years in the future (so you got to see how things turned out).  I want an 8th season, don't get me wrong, but if they weren't going to give us that, they could have at least concluded the show with something more than this!
khadijahnm
Town Resident

Community Points: 24

View Profile
« Reply #5038 on: May 17, 2007, 05:38:58 am »

Just to let everyone know that on the savemyshow.com website, that the vote to save GG is up to 5573. That means 90% of those who have voted want the show to continue.

Keep voting and keep up the good work.

We can use every help we can to bring back all that is Stars Hollow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5039 on: May 17, 2007, 05:39:41 am »

I'm not sure about this but I read somewhere that they are repeating the last episode next Sunday again.Okay I found it!
It's here http://www.cwtv.com/shows/gilmore-girls/episodes The Grand finale,Catch an encore of the series finale, Sunday 8/7c
So I guess we can make more than 4.7million viewers this time right?
Leaving for class,I'll come back later

The additional showing of the Gg series season finale on Sunday at 8pm was printed in TV Guide, so it's something that they always intended to do since the cancellation was announced, so there's no real surprise there.  It is going to be preceded by a repeat of the 7th Heaven  series (thank god) finale.  Usually, Gg reruns only score around an extra 1.2 million or so and it's up against the second hour of the season finale of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and the full one-hour season finale/400th episode of The Simpsons.  That's the bad news.  The good news is that both NBC and CBS are conceding the night by showing theatrical movies -- National Treasure and Million Dollar Baby.  Theatrical movies just don't do that well on broadcast television due to the "edited for television" issue and because a lot of people have already seen it on DVD or in the movie theater.  So Gg only really has two shows to go up against.  In terms of new episodes in the 8pm timeslot, they tend to get only around 3.0 million viewers at best, so that's the maximum -- and it probably won't happen *unless* the movies do even more badly than I think they will *and* family viewers *still* don't watch The Simpsons and/or Home Edition.  It's entirelly possible and IIRC, for the Nielsens, Sunday counts as the last day of same-week viewing -- I'll have to check that, though, but even if it doesn't count as same-week viewing, it's still going to be looked at by The CW in the context of adding it to the original ratings totals for at least the purpose of just looking at it for the heck of it.

And I just wanted to reiterate: 

THURSDAY'S GOAL:  To max out the comment line BEFORE Smallville starts on the east coast (8pm ET / 5pm PT).  Call 1-818-977-6878 as early as you can in the day, after you hear/read about the officially unveiled schedule and lodge your complaint about the changes, about the cancellation of Gilmore Girls and the opportunity that shouldn't be missed to revive Gilmore Girls now that American Idol has broken itself by voting the real winner off in third place.  Although the goal is to max out the comment line, please do NOT call the line yourself more than once per day -- please get more and more people to call it yourself.  The more people calling the better, the more repeat callers, the worse.  Feel free to mention how you feel about whatever happens to Veronica Mars and also about the terrible replacement for Gg in the 8pm Tuesday timeslot (HINT:  It's Beauty and the Geek, which is the network conceding the timeslot to Fox.)

-- Rob

----------------------
Season 8:  Because more episodes of Gilmore Girls would be a far better use of The CW's time than even a *good* episode of Beauty and the Geek.

ETA and expand the Thursday's Goal statement.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 08:08:49 am by ShutUpRob » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: