The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 03:21:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1734596 times)
Nemova
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #5010 on: May 16, 2007, 07:07:13 pm »

Has anyone posted this already?

http://tvsweeps.people.com/2007/05/gilmore_girls_s.html

Not ready to let go of Gilmore Girls - it ain't over 'til it's over.
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

View Profile
« Reply #5011 on: May 16, 2007, 07:16:23 pm »

Just some words of encouragement....DO NOT GIVE UP!

Send letters, daiseys, postcards, call, tell people about your devotion to Gilmore Girls, get the news out there and fight!
We definitely deserve an 8th season - we just have to let more people know that!

BTW - those postcards that I think Heather posted...can we just print them out on normal paper, write on them, and send? Or are they for something else?  I would send so many more letters if I could use those.

ABSOLUTELY!  Use them!  They're quick, easy, and cheaper on postage. If for some reason the image doesn't pull in right, let me know, I'll send you the graphic via email.  You can copy them, paste them, and print them out on paper or cardstock.  I printed them on card stock so they're a little less pliable in the mail.  You can get cardstock at any craft store from the scrapbooking section in bulk packs in white for a couple bucks and it's usually at least 10 sheets to a pack.  You can also buy it by the sheet -- about 50 cents a sheet, usually, and you can fit two cards to one 8.5 x 11 sheet! Smiley

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
MonicaKeller
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5012 on: May 16, 2007, 07:22:06 pm »

If any one has a myspace, you should copy what's in the first page and make a bulletin or a blog with it. Also, print out the first post and send it to your local newspaper along with a letter saying why they should print this.

Send the same thing to magazines and see if an would print it for you.

I already have some letters sent out. I also know someone in public relations, and I am going to ask her to post this as a blog on her myspace. It can't hurt.

If any newspapers or magazines print it, let us know here.

skftex
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 287

View Profile
« Reply #5013 on: May 16, 2007, 07:22:25 pm »

You can buy a package of cardstock just like you do printer paper at Walmart, 150 sheets for around $3.  I imagine they have it at Target or similar stores as well.

Sharon

heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #5014 on: May 16, 2007, 07:25:40 pm »

Great idea about the cardstock.

I think it'd also be great if people were willing to email their local papers -- major dailies and also smaller papers.  This kind of story is exactly the kind of great "human color" they're looking for.  They're always looking for tips.  If we're doing local TV stations and such, local papers are a logical step, too, and we've got a real shot at getting in a paper -- papers can always make more room for a good story.  TV stations only have a certain allotment of minutes.  I'm not saying stop trying with those -- don't!  But we have an equal or better shot with papers!

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
aspire2fire
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -5

View Profile
« Reply #5015 on: May 16, 2007, 07:31:46 pm »

hey save the show write abc who is currently running the show in syndication about picking up the show in first run cause they would save a tone and it would be a perfect fit ....go and write on there blogs and call there stations and your local affiliates of abc ... and write them email them and call them and they will pick it up...  if ya want it make it happen ... all this just from some one in the industry that is a fan of the show

just an avenue to try
Teresa S
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5016 on: May 16, 2007, 08:13:58 pm »

I recorded last night's show without even knowing it was the SERIES finale.  I kept thinking they were just finishing the season until I saw the 'Thank You for the last 7 Years' message at the end of the show.  I must have been in denial as I watched the show because I cried several times while watching.  It felt like a finale but I just didn't believe it.  They can't end the show with such an uneventful finale.  It doesn't do the actors or writers justice to have it end this way.  There was no real closure for Luke and Lorelai.  I've loved this show from the very first episode and hate to see it go away with out a proper ending.  Please bring GG back for another season and give Lorelai and Rory the send off that they deserve...no matter what it takes.
apoblana
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5017 on: May 16, 2007, 08:17:58 pm »

I have been watching the site for about a week and finally decided to join and post... I have been calling the CW twice a day since last week and I even called Paul last night before the voicemail got flooded......   I was able to find a package of daisie's (sp?) thank you cards and Iam sending them out tomorrow.......

I love this show..... I have been TiVo-ing them from ABC family and every night my husband and I sit down after the boys are in bed and watch "the Girls" as we call them ...... its nice...... we sing the opening song at the top of our lungs (yup he does it with me too) and then we watch them .... its our special time considering he will be deploying soon to the sand box for 18 mos.....

I dont want to see the show go so Iam trying to do everything I can ........

love
apoblana
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 08:19:06 pm by apoblana » Logged
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5018 on: May 16, 2007, 08:22:59 pm »

Ok so for whomever is keeping track. I sent two daisy shipments to Dawn and Lauren for yesterday and today I sent one to Alexis. I ended up sending Alexis this Chicken Soup for the Soul daisy arrangement because I thought it suited her better. I also sent a letter to Dawn by snail mail.

I'm also working VERY hard on a season 8 first episode script which I hope to send to Lauren and etc. showing her how an 8th season could play out and hoping it will respark something. I might send one to Dawn. Also, I want to send a letter 2 Scott to say how much I appreciated what he had to say about everything. He was very honest and I just wanted to point out to him why imagination just isn't enough for us.

Jillian, I'm trying to not be a meanie here, but please do not send them your script.  They are all, actors included, legally bound to NOT look at any unsolicited scripts or even ideas for scripts -- they will only read scripts submitted to them through legal representation (agents, managers, etc.)  Unsolicited scripts will be immediately tossed.  It's standard operating procedure for all entertainment media -- TV, movies, novels, comics, etc.

I'm not discouraging you from still writing it -- write it, go with it -- but write it for yourself.  The show is a great model for learning how to write according to the rules of story structure and then break them -- that's what makes it a classic show, IMO -- so I think you'll learn a lot just by writing a script for yourself.  You just can't sell it (that would be trademark infringement) or submit it to the network or actors.  And I think they'd even hold it against the Campaign.

--------------------
Season 8:  Because I wanna see how Emily's spa idea works out -- or doesn't.  The sparks that could be generated between Lor and Emily alone call for it.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 09:14:35 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
javalova
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5019 on: May 16, 2007, 08:33:50 pm »

hey save the show write abc who is currently running the show in syndication about picking up the show in first run cause they would save a tone and it would be a perfect fit ....go and write on there blogs and call there stations and your local affiliates of abc ... and write them email them and call them and they will pick it up...  if ya want it make it happen ... all this just from some one in the industry that is a fan of the show

just an avenue to try

Has anyone written ABC yet?
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #5020 on: May 16, 2007, 08:50:23 pm »

just an avenue to try

I personally haven't.  It's not out of my mind or anything, but I think it's kind of a "next step" avenue.  With Upfronts being tomorrow and there still logically being a few weeks of CW decision making left, I'm waiting.  ABC is a very logical next step though.  I'm just waiting a bit.  What do you think, Rob?  You seem to know this business pretty well.  I just haven't given up hope on the CW yet.

ruggie
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #5021 on: May 16, 2007, 08:59:38 pm »

Man i totally can't belive this Sad. Hoe dare they do this to GG !! Anyway i will be sending a post card from where i am in australia. I have started to vote on teavee.com this is what it was upto
Gilmore Girls
Current vote total is 47834. Rank is #4. (4579 away from #3 and 1248 ahead of #5)

So everyone please keep voting, writing, emailing and send dasiys.

Great work everyone Smiley
Ann
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5022 on: May 16, 2007, 09:24:15 pm »

hey im new at this. this is my first time here. I applore all that want to keep gilmore girls alive. im in australia and i am amazed at everything u r all doing to save this NO: 1 show. So i have also voted about 50 times or even more, and ill keep on doing so until we all win and our NO: 1 show comes back real soon.
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #5023 on: May 16, 2007, 09:27:25 pm »

Is anyone having trouble with the postcard images, or are they working okay?  I'm just wondering -- if they don't work, anyone, let me know and I'll send you the image as an attachment via email!

ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5024 on: May 16, 2007, 09:29:36 pm »

just an avenue to try

I personally haven't.  It's not out of my mind or anything, but I think it's kind of a "next step" avenue.  With Upfronts being tomorrow and there still logically being a few weeks of CW decision making left, I'm waiting.  ABC is a very logical next step though.  I'm just waiting a bit.  What do you think, Rob?  You seem to know this business pretty well.  I just haven't given up hope on the CW yet.

The broadcast network ABC wouldn't go for it.  It would have to be a *huge* phenomenon like Friends to be able to make a jump between just one of the big four networks, much less from the CW to one of the big four, which would be a ginormous leap.  Precedent's not there.  The precendent would be more toward encouraging, a "reverse-burst" scenario with ABC Family (having new episodes air on ABC Family first, then air a week later on The CW), but I'm not sure that they'd be up for it -- particularly since the reason it's been set up with Law & Order: Criminal Intent is that NBC Universal owns the NBC Network, the USA channel *and* the NBC Universal studio that owns & produces the L&O series.  Warner, in not at least co-owning ABC Family, is missing that critical one-third of the "reverse-burst" scenario.  However, if someone wants to call them and see what they say, go for it.  I don't have their viewer comment line #, though.  

I think the main focus needs to remain on continuing to write snail mail and email and send daisies -- spread the word.  Start sending out your snail mail once per day or once per every other day.

It's critical now to spread the word -- a lot of the younger viewers, those who aren't news junkies like me (because they have a life) didn't even know until the season finale that the show had been cancelled -- they're just as angry as we are, so we need to get even more of them to find us as soon as we can.  [Britney Spears voice] So start recruitin', y'all! [/Britney Spears voice]

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because if you want to see an ambiguous series finale done right, watch Crossing Jordan's series finale.  If you want to see a season finale that's bearing too much weight as a series finale, you've got Gilmore Girls, where not just the entire series but the well-made s7 finale deserves better treatment than this.  (Oh, I didn't expect to be that cranky!)
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: