The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 01:02:13 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1763534 times)
Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« Reply #4995 on: May 16, 2007, 03:56:55 pm »

Is there anyway we could get every state to contact their local CW? It may seem small but just an idea. I am losing hope. I don't want it to be over, but I just don't have the heart to keep believing it will be back only to be crushed. I can't handle being crushed again, but I also can't handle not having GG..grrr.

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
Gilmores-Forever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 38

View Profile
« Reply #4996 on: May 16, 2007, 04:00:46 pm »

good job with the phone call!
do you happen to know how much it costs?
i saw it was a 1-818 nmber so im thinking its free? but i want to make sure before i make the call because im outside the U.S and dont want a big phone bill from it. thanks =)
No, sorry, that is an Area code for the LA area in California, so it is not free. =[[ But, if you have a cell phone, calls are generally priced the same whether they are long distance or local. Don't hold me to that though.

alright thanks =) im not sure if im going to do it.. hmm. well i might be in the states this weekend so i will DEFFINATLY call if im there!! i really want to tho. or maybe ill try a pay phone =)

sarah =)
TommyK8
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #4997 on: May 16, 2007, 04:01:13 pm »

What the heck is the deal with all of the guys suddenly joining GG.org?† We go for 6 months with 5 guys total, and now we've doubled!

lol

Smiley
I guess that the Gilmore Girls demographic does not include many men in their 40's, but we're out there. †My wife has always been an avid viewer of GG since the beginning, and she would encourage me to watch it with her. †When I finally did, I found it to be one of the best written shows on TV. †The dialogue is so sharp and full of little references to things past and present. †The characters are interesting, and I particularly liked the scenes with Emily and Richard. †The show was beautifully done, and so now Tuesdays nights have become a ritual in our house and it's sad that it's coming to an end. †I've been watching religiously since the middle of Season 2. †I will add GG to thirtysomething, L.A. Law, Seinfeld, Ed, Everybody Loves Raymond, and the Sopranos of shows I will really miss, but I am still holding out hope that GG can be resurrected for Season 8.
selina
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #4998 on: May 16, 2007, 04:09:48 pm »

Shocked how can the cw end GG this way. so many questions for me are going unanswered. you really think if we yell about it enough GG will be back for another season? well i sure as h$*ll will keep yelling.
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #4999 on: May 16, 2007, 04:26:34 pm »

im gonna call the CW comment line later at like 6 something...im using my calling card since its long distance.

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5000 on: May 16, 2007, 04:47:20 pm »

Shocked how can the cw end GG this way. so many questions for me are going unanswered. you really think if we yell about it enough GG will be back for another season? well i sure as h$*ll will keep yelling.

Well, don't think of it so much as yelling as it is us the fans (Lorelai) sitting at the counter at Luke's (the network -- and Lauren and Alexis), glaring at him quiely with a mischeivous smile on her face until he says, "What?!" and then sighs and says, "Okay, I'll do it, but you've got to stop asking me to do stuff like this."

Some more thoughts:

1) KaraGilmore:† Typical arrangements of daisies start at around $35 - $45 for a vase that contains around 2-3 dozen daisies.† I know that that's probably going to be too much for someone as young as you, so if you ask, you might be able to ask your florist if they can send just, like, a dozen in a bouquet.† They probably wouldn't advertise or promote such an idea, so just ask them.† My impression from a flub in communication with my florist is that they would have done so if I had asked specifically for it.  If you can send just a dozen -- tell us here how much it was and through which florist network your flower shop used to send it.

2) Remember, if you've called or sent letters before, now is the time to send letters again!† Not just to Dawn Ostroff, but to Lauren and Alexis, too.† It's not necessary to write more than once every 2-3 days, but again, a Lorelai-like persistence is what we need.† And we'll probably have to change *everybody's* minds -- Ostroff's, Graham's and Bledel's -- to get them all back to the table regardless of who blames who for what in teh way the cancellation happened.

3) If you haven't sent daisies yet, please do.† If you have and can afford to do it ('cause, like, you haven't used up your budget yet or something like that), please see if you can just send a dozen daisies to one or each of them and find out how how much just a dozen being sent costs.

4) Keep calling the comment line, posting to the message boards at the cwtv lounge -- http://www.cwtv.com/ . Etc.  Yes, normal long distance charges apply -- even if you just get their "This mailbox is full" message, so please use your cell phones, not your landlines -- but thell them where you're from, how old you are and speak from the heart about why you want the show back.

5) TELL YOUR FRIENDS!† Every new person you bring into the campaign helps that much more!

† -- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:† Because Lorelais are mysteriously persuasive.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 04:50:11 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
GilmoreFanatic203
Town Resident

Community Points: 12

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5001 on: May 16, 2007, 04:58:39 pm »

I just sent an email to the feedback address. I hope that soon they will come up with the answer we want Smiley I really hope that they let Gilmore Girls go out 7th Heaven style. with that one last suprise season Smiley

ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #5002 on: May 16, 2007, 05:20:07 pm »

For those of you who are new to the Great 8 Mandate Thread, Welcome!† The energy that everyone is feeling is almost tangible to me and I know that a lot of you are wondering what you can do to help try to convince the CW to uncancel Gilmore Girls.† This post is about voicemail, email and snail mail.† Hereís what you can do:

1)† SEND SNAIL MAIL.

Handwriting is fine if your penmanship is good because it's such a personal form of communication.† Otherwise, typing and signing and mailing by snail mail is the single BEST way to contact them.† They expect to be deluged with email and voicemail and that helps as far as it goes, but the amount of effort that it takes to write/type a letter on paper and send it in an envelope always† makes a bigger impression than email and voicemail and the like.† There's a rule of thumb that floats about in various media industries that every individual piece of correspondence that's written on paper and delivered by mail represents the sentiments of at least 7 other people.† So if literally tens of thousands of pieces of snail mail are received, that's going to make a MUCH bigger impact on them than electronic forms of mail.

There are various addresses you can send your correspondence to, which are posted on page 1 of the thread, but IMO, the people who have the most potential to help are IMO, Lauren, Alexis and the CWís President of Entertainment, Dawn Ostroff, who is the nexus of all network realities at the CW.† They can be contacted at the following addresses:

Ms. Dawn Ostroff, President of Entertainment
The CW Television Network
4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg 168
Burbank, CA 91522-0002

Lauren Graham
c/o John Carrabino Management
100 North Crescent Dr.
G-400
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Alexis Bledel
c/o Flutie Entertainment
6500 Wilshire Blvd
Suite 2240
Los Angeles, CA 90048

As the series season finale has passed and the Upfronts are upon us, email and voicemail can become handier than Snail Mail, but don't discount Snail Mail as the network can always change its mind even after the Upfronts.† Snail Mail will become even more important after the Upfronts have been announced, so I have a few tips/suggestions to help make you make your letters, voicemail and email as effective as possible:

* BE BRIEF.† Keep the length of your letter down to ONE side of ONE page, double space it and use a simple 10 or 12-point Times font.† (Arial font is hard to read.)† †If your letter goes on for only one or two more lines beyond a page, don't sweat it, but the longer the letter is, the less of it they'll read before they move on to the next one.† Double-spacing is the exact opposite in print as it is online -- it's much† easier to read on paper than single spacing is -- and again, the need to be as brief as possible will make you more concise and to-the-point.† Conversely, single spacing will make you look a little wacky, especially if you go on for more than one page.

* BE BRIEF (AGAIN):† If you must single-space to get all you want on one page, skip a line between each paragraph as that will help maximize readability.† But definitely do not go over one side of one page at all.† And I'd suggest if you're going to do single-spacing your message should take up no more than 2/3rds of the page, not counting your signature.

* BE BRIEF (FOR VOICEMAIL AND EMAIL):† If you leave a long voicemail, it sounds like a ramble by somebody who's unstable.† Just say who you are, where you're from, your approximate age, why you like Gg and why you think it shouldn't end/why you think the season finale is not enough.† And thank them for their time.

* BE POLITE. I know that there's a lot of anger and sadness going on right now, but don't unleash any of it on the person that you're writing too (s/he may not even be responsible for what's happening to the show).† Just tell them why you like the show, the actors, the stories, how it affects you, why you think it should continue, etc.† If your letter is all tone and no substance, they won't read it.† Or maybe the first person who reads it won't pass it on to someone else at the studio or directly involved with the show.

* BE POLITE (Again):† DON'T mention the salary issues because it's not our place to address them.† Some form of "I hope that you are still looking for a solution that results in the show going on" would IMO be a great way to sidestep that issue.

2)† If you are going to send an email or leave a voice mail, thatís okay as a reinforcement of your Snail Mail, but DO NOT AS AN INDIVIDUAL FLOOD ANY INDIVIDUAL ACTOR OR PERSON AT THE CW OR WARNERS WITH MULTIPLE VOICE MAILS OR E-MAILS ON THE SAME DAY.It will do the exact opposite of what you intend because it's considered spamming and more or less harrassment.[/i]† They want to hear from as many individuals as possible.† And Snail Mail is a better way to do it than either email or voicemail because it's a tangible representation of the viewership's sentiments while electronic forms of correspondence are more abstract (because you can't hold them in your hands) and therefore easy to forget.† And remember to BE POLITE AND POSITIVE.† They already know that we're all upset, we just need to reinforce our presence in terms of the sheer number of individuals contacting them.† Remember, once per day and thatís it, particularly for voicemail and email.

3) If you send mail to anyone other than Dawn Ostroff, Lauren and/or Alexis, Iím sure as heck not gonna try to discourage you.† Just please make contacting Ms. Ostroff, Lauren and Alexis your first priority.† If they get the mail, they are sure to contact everybody else involved, including Ostroffís bosses at the CWís corporate parent companies, CBS/Paramount and Warner Brothers, as well as the other actors.† (Or else theyíll hear it through the grapevine.)

4) And send them daisies.

BONUS ALERT:† Divine has set up a word document that can be downloaded at http://root.pcmasters.at/upload/files/2659036-List_of_Advertisers.doc† If you contact any of them, please follow the same rules as I list above and also keep in mind the following:†

Pllease be sure to compliment them on their support of Gg, add that you like their product if you use it (but don't lie if you don't use it) and let them know about how pleased you are for the companies' support of Gg given Gg's continued high ratings, particularly in light of how terrible the ratings are of Veronica Mars.† Don't otherwise knock VM (it's a good show that, unfortunately has no potential whatsoever to grow in the ratings), but let them know something like, "If the CW is so close to keeping VM around with such low ratings, doesn't it make more sense for you as an advertiser to demand that The CW keep Gilmore Girls, too, since it gets *much* better ratings?"†

BTW, do NOT copy what I wrote word-for-word.† It's not that I'm withholding permission, it's just that letters that are written with the same wording are considered astroturf, a type of spamming particular to letter-writing campaigns.† Speak/write from the heart about why you like the show/what the show means to you, what you know about what the ratings mean and that you would appreciate the advertisers' support since the networks unveil their new fall schedules to you advertisers next week.† As I said above, BE POLITE, BE ORIGINAL -- the advertisers want to know about your likes and dislikes as it helps them to decide where they're gonig to put their television advertising dollars.† It's okay to tell the advertisers that you're mad at the network, just don't do it in a way that even implies that you might be mad at the advertisers as the current cancelled state of the show is not their fault.† After all, they'd rather have the show with the higher ratings, y'know.

† -- Rob

---------------------------
Season 8:† Because it's Written in the Stars Hollow.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 08:09:08 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
tsmurphygirl
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #5003 on: May 16, 2007, 05:33:00 pm »

I left feedback at the cw site yesterday and tried to call a couple times with the mailbox being full.

I thought it was a great season ending, but there is so many ways this show could go....I am so sad that it really may be over.  It sounds like a few of the actors/actresses may be a bit bitter (and who's to blame them?) unfortunately, from the impression I get, one of the leading ladies was the one who made the call.  And, since Loren said she wouldn't do it without Alexis....there we have it (I'm personally looking forward to her interview on David Letterman on the 25th.)  I however, think they could totally continue the story lines without Alexis, especially since she is going out to conquer the world.  Gilmore Girls has focused around 3 Gilmore women, not just 2.  The way they ended it, Loralai's parents could have bought into the inn which would give the show a whole new direction...add to that Loralai and Luke's relationship of course. 

My question is.....wasn't there news awhile back that FOX was considering picking up Gilmore Girls?  What about directing some of our attention to some other networks.  NBC had some pretty horrible shows that got yanked, how about pitching a very inspiring family show that so many of us have loved to live by?  I would love any way this show could go on.  IF it doesn't I'm going to try to move on and hope APs new show has some of the same "feel goods" that GG had and also look to the work of the other actors/actresses of the Great Gilmore Girls!
KaraGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #5004 on: May 16, 2007, 06:10:13 pm »

Is there anyway we could get every state to contact their local CW? It may seem small but just an idea. I am losing hope. I don't want it to be over, but I just don't have the heart to keep believing it will be back only to be crushed. I can't handle being crushed again, but I also can't handle not having GG..grrr.
That sounds lik ea really good way to get our point across. We would need some help advertising it from Heidi or something, you may want to email/PM her. =]

sugarbell23
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5005 on: May 16, 2007, 06:14:59 pm »

I've emailed, called, and sent letters to the local CW station in my area, figured it couldnt hurt anything.  My husband who is a "manly man" truck driver, got a lump in his throat during the finale...imagine that, and all this time he claimed to watch it, because I made him..lol

miserable w/o gg in alabama!!!!

its just too soon
Stillstanding
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #5006 on: May 16, 2007, 06:18:46 pm »

Wow.. that was like my favorite episode almost, ever.. almost.. but it was really good.. it tied up some loose ends and each character got their "special time", I liked the one with Lane and Rory.. that was sad.. like oh now.. we're all grown up and now Rory's going off into the world.. Lorelai won't be alone.. she'll have Luke.. and Lorelai and Emily was a good moment too.. she'll still be going to the dinners.. and everyone got to say goodbye.. I thought it was an excellent finale.. I was thinking that if there was another season.. it would be no Rory.. I don't think that would have worked.. and they kept saying that the environment had a different vibe.. so it might have gotten worse.. who knows.. but I would love an 8th season regardless. I think a movie would be awesome to tie things up good.. I loved that Luke said at the end .."take as long as you need" that was so cute.. i cryed the whole time practically.. it was overwhelmly emotional.. a good goodbye, I think.. so after seeing that, I feel alot better.. but I still would have wanted to see where Luke and Lorelai relationship goes.. like their 3rd first date.. and their wedding and such.. but.. we have our imagination.. and you never know.. I was thinking another network might try and pick the show up.. offer the girls a good salary and what they want.. that network would get really good ratings and people would love that network even more.. maybe like abc or fox.. who knows.. Im just still kinda in denial that its over over.. but. its not over yet, so keep mandating.. It makes us feel like we are doing something to help.. rather than giving up.. good idea on calling and all tho.. I hope we get our point across that they should have never gave up on this show and just given them what they wanted, even if it was only 8 episodes... i would have loved that!

JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #5007 on: May 16, 2007, 06:27:55 pm »

Ok so for whomever is keeping track. I sent two daisy shipments to Dawn and Lauren for yesterday and today I sent one to Alexis. I ended up sending Alexis this Chicken Soup for the Soul daisy arrangement because I thought it suited her better. I also sent a letter to Dawn by snail mail.

I'm also working VERY hard on a season 8 first episode script which I hope to send to Lauren and etc. showing her how an 8th season could play out and hoping it will respark something. I might send one to Dawn. Also, I want to send a letter 2 Scott to say how much I appreciated what he had to say about everything. He was very honest and I just wanted to point out to him why imagination just isn't enough for us.

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
aspire2fire
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -5

View Profile
« Reply #5008 on: May 16, 2007, 07:01:10 pm »

hey save the show write abc who is currently running the show in syndication about picking up the show in first run cause they would save a tone and it would be a perfect fit ....go and write on there blogs and call there stations and your local affiliates of abc ... and write them email them and call them and they will pick it up...  if ya want it make it happen ... all this just from some one in the industry that is a fan of the show
aspire2fire
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -5

View Profile
« Reply #5009 on: May 16, 2007, 07:03:03 pm »

they could even start the season with every one waking up and having the same dream lol and every thing would be how it was before the horrible fanaly that rushed way to much lol
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: