The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 06:38:40 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1733884 times)
purpleflippers
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #4980 on: May 16, 2007, 01:53:33 pm »

I have been sending out a message about the great8mandate and how the fans feel about this, to the media this morning [local news stations and Entertainments News programs (ET, Extra, Access Hollywood)]. Lets try to get the word out through the media!!!

I just wanted to bring this up again, I have gotten a couple of e-mails about what to do, and I think it is a good idea, the more media coverage on this, the better!!!  Just log on and click the "contact us" link for each website.

www.accesshollywood.com
www.etonline.com/
www.extratv.warnerbros.com/
www.insideedition.com/

Don't forget to also try to contact your local TV stations.

This is the message I have been sending, I figure anything could help.

I know that you show is based on giving people insight on the topics they want to hear about, because you realize who your fan base is and what they want.  Unfortunately, not all shows and networks have the same understanding.

Gilmore Girls has aired on the WB and CW networks for a total of 7 years and concluded last night. I have been a fan all 7 seasons, and while I understand that all great things must come to an end, a series finale will not even be aired.  Odiously, because we are not a part of the show, the fans do not know the exact circumstances of the season 8 negotiations disintegration.  However, from interviews with cast and crew, I gather that one or more of the main characters did not want to move forward with another season (even a shortened one). As a result, last week an announcement was made, that the finale would air on 5/15.  The fans were assured that the final episode was written and taped as a finale for a season or a series. Unfortunately, one hour long episode did not wrap up all the open story lines, and the Gilmore Girls fans only got one week to get use to the idea of the show ending.  

For seven years, we as fans have dedicated at least an hour each week to supporting the show; we have purchased DVD sets, and have watched reruns on other stations.  

As a result of the not-so-final finale, the Gilmore Girls fans of the world have been taking part in TheGreat8Mandate ( http://www.gilmoregirls.org/forum/index.php?topic=6630.0 ).  This is a campaign to gather as many fans as possible to write to the network, studio, actors, and writers, as well as sending them Daisies (a Gilmore inside joke). This is all to urge all involved to make at least a shortened 8th season to tie up loose ends and give the fans a proper farewell.

Please share this story anyway you see fit.  Several shows in the past have been pulled back from the brink by fans (Roswell, 7th Heaven, Charmed, Sliders....). Publicity is what this campaign needs, so please help us to get the word out.

Thank you,
Junkie
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

We NEED season 8! Keep on fighting! ;-)

View Profile
« Reply #4981 on: May 16, 2007, 02:06:21 pm »

i like your message, purpleflippers, it's very good and says everything that's necessary  Wink good job! i hope you'll get an answer! i'm pretty tired cause it's quite late here, but i'm also going to send some e-mails tomorrow. i just want to make sure that i do everything that helps to get the show uncancelled!  Smiley

Wonny
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #4982 on: May 16, 2007, 02:10:40 pm »

I have been sending out a message about the great8mandate and how the fans feel about this, to the media this morning [local news stations and Entertainments News programs (ET, Extra, Access Hollywood)]. Lets try to get the word out through the media!!!

I just wanted to bring this up again, I have gotten a couple of e-mails about what to do, and I think it is a good idea, the more media coverage on this, the better!!!  Just log on and click the "contact us" link for each website.

www.accesshollywood.com
www.etonline.com/
www.extratv.warnerbros.com/
www.insideedition.com/

Don't forget to also try to contact your local TV stations.

This is the message I have been sending, I figure anything could help.

I know that you show is based on giving people insight on the topics they want to hear about, because you realize who your fan base is and what they want.  Unfortunately, not all shows and networks have the same understanding.

Gilmore Girls has aired on the WB and CW networks for a total of 7 years and concluded last night. I have been a fan all 7 seasons, and while I understand that all great things must come to an end, a series finale will not even be aired.  Odiously, because we are not a part of the show, the fans do not know the exact circumstances of the season 8 negotiations disintegration.  However, from interviews with cast and crew, I gather that one or more of the main characters did not want to move forward with another season (even a shortened one). As a result, last week an announcement was made, that the finale would air on 5/15.  The fans were assured that the final episode was written and taped as a finale for a season or a series. Unfortunately, one hour long episode did not wrap up all the open story lines, and the Gilmore Girls fans only got one week to get use to the idea of the show ending.  

For seven years, we as fans have dedicated at least an hour each week to supporting the show; we have purchased DVD sets, and have watched reruns on other stations.  

As a result of the not-so-final finale, the Gilmore Girls fans of the world have been taking part in TheGreat8Mandate ( http://www.gilmoregirls.org/forum/index.php?topic=6630.0 ).  This is a campaign to gather as many fans as possible to write to the network, studio, actors, and writers, as well as sending them Daisies (a Gilmore inside joke). This is all to urge all involved to make at least a shortened 8th season to tie up loose ends and give the fans a proper farewell.

Please share this story anyway you see fit.  Several shows in the past have been pulled back from the brink by fans (Roswell, 7th Heaven, Charmed, Sliders....). Publicity is what this campaign needs, so please help us to get the word out.

Thank you,

I love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The T-Shirt is great!!!! And of course I will call the numbers!!!!!!!!
Just one question. How can I send Daisys to Lauren and Alexis from Germany?Huh How can I get a T - Shirt???
Keep on fighting!!!!!! You are all great!!!!!! And I just saw a few Downloads from the last episode.
Thatīs not an end for me. Actually I donīt want an end at all. I want more seasons!!! At least the 8th season!!!!! I donīt understand it. 7th Heaven is a much worse show and got 11 seasons and Gilmore Girls
got just 7?Huh? Gilmore Girls deserves at least 13 seasons!!!!!! Youīre doing great guys!!! Iīm sooooooooooo happy to have you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
-Wonny
Gilmores-Forever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 38

View Profile
« Reply #4983 on: May 16, 2007, 02:12:51 pm »

Is the voicemail number free?
because it starts with 1 818 so i was just wondering Huh
i want to call.. but i dont want it to be a big phone bill since in out side of the states

sarah =)
divine
Town Resident

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4984 on: May 16, 2007, 02:18:19 pm »

I love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The T-Shirt is great!!!! And of course I will call the numbers!!!!!!!!
Just one question. How can I send Daisys to Lauren and Alexis from Germany?Huh

Hey Wonny Smiley

There are some sites where you can place an order from outside US. I searched a long time but finally ordered at www.flowermoments.com (which I would also recommend to others who want to order from outside US) - the transaction is really fast and it worked fine with me. You have to pay with credit card there. If you're going to order there, use the coupon code "VIP" to get 10% off.
I paid $ 39  which is about € 30,-  ... Maybe you can find some people who will join you and you collect money with paypal and someone who lives in the USA orders them from a local florist (like Heidi did). Cause that way it would be less expensive!

Wonny
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #4985 on: May 16, 2007, 02:23:54 pm »

Update as of May 15th, 2007 ...

Welcome all season 8 supporters!  Please don't be intimidated by the size of this thread.  To catch up on everything that the Great8Mandate has accomplished and to find out how you can participate as well, simply jump to the last page of this thread.  If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions of your own ... please don't hesitate to post.  Thank you.  (And for those of you who want to specifically see the results from our Daisy Campaign, check here.)

Update as of May 9th, 2007 ...

After last night's episode my inbox has been FLOODED with e-mail from Gilmore fans inquiring how to save their favorite show from extinction. For those that still hold season 8 hope near and dear to their hearts, you can send Gilmore support letters to the following contacts:

E-mail The CW at [email protected] or send snail mail to the following address.

Ms. Dawn Ostroff
President of Entertainment, The CW Television Network
4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg 168
Burbank, CA 91522-0002

Despite what contact method you use, please remember that time is of the essence.

Update as of May 5th, 2007 ...

What is the Great8Mandate Daisy Campaign?

As we've all heard, Warner Bros. and The CW recently announced the cancellation of our Girls.  In order to show 'the powers that be' that Gilmore fans are truly dedicated and still stand behind season 8, the Great8Mandate Daisy Campaign was born.  Taking a cue from our favorite show, the Daisy Campaign will physically deliver bouquets of daisies to important parties involved in the season 8 decision making process in hopes of changing the season 8 tides. 

The exact executives/actors who will receive the daisies depends entirely on how much money the campaign raises.  It would be safe to assume that our first targets are people like Dawn Ostroff (President of Entertainment, The CW Television Network), Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, Peter Roth (President, Warner Brothers Television) and so on.

How can I participate and send daisies?

There are two ways to participate in the Daisy Campaign.  Supporters can either send bouquets of daisies on their own, or they can send money to GilmoreGirls.org via PayPal so that resources can be pooled together. 

What happens once I send money to GilmoreGirls.org?

Every dollar that is sent to GilmoreGirls.org for the Daisy Campaign will be used for purchasing flowers.  GilmoreGirls.org will work closely with local florists to ensure that money is spent properly and on something Gilmore fans will be proud of.  If possible, photos will be taken of the daisy bouquets.  At the very least GilmoreGirls.org will provide receipts for all flower purchases so that participants can see exactly how money was sent. 

How can I send money to GilmoreGirls.org for the Daisy Campaign?

PayPal payments can be sent to: [email protected]  Sorry, donations are no longer being accepted.  Our orders for daisies was placed on May 8th, 2007.

What is PayPal?

PayPal.com is a company/service that allows individuals to send and receive money online.  It's free, secure, and a fast way to send payments.  Users can send payments using a credit card, debit card, or bank account.  For first time PayPal users, I suggest visiting PayPal.com and taking a look around.  It only takes a few minutes to sign up for an account and send a payment.

When is the last day money can be sent in for the Daisy Campaign?

As of this moment, the campaign's deadline is May 13th.  Depending on how much money is raised, GilmoreGirls.org may choose to send multiple bouquets of daisies, or one giant bouquet.  If at any point news is released that there is zero (absolutely no hope) for a season 8 revival, GilmoreGirls.org will stop accepting payments for the campaign.

If I have questions about the Daisy Campaign, who can I contact?

All questions, comments, and suggestions are all welcome.  Please feel free to post them in this thread.  If you'd prefer to contact GilmoreGirls.org via e-mail, write to [email protected].

Final comments

Please don't donate money to the Daisy Campaign if it will be any kind of financial hardship.  No one should feel bad if they can't participate; this is just one of many ways to participate in the Great8Mandate.  Please also go into this campaign with eyes wide open.  Meaning, this grand gesture probably won't save our Girls.  You probably won't receive any kind of thank you from Dawn, Lauren, or Alexis.  This is simply our way of trying to persuade the powers that be.  Our way of knowing that we did everything possible to save our favorite show.

Update as of May 3rd, 2007 ...

Gilmore ... gone. Grab your kleenex and prepare to say your goodbyes. Our Girls won't be back for an eighth season. A joint statement from the CW and Warner Bros. reads: "The final season of Gilmore Girls is truly a sad moment for everyone at the CW and Warner Bros. Television. This series helped define a network and created a fantastic, storybook world featuring some of television's most memorable, lovable characters."

In the event anyone's interested, here are Heidi's thoughts ...

1.  I'm not going to lie or sugarcoat things; the show is probably (most likely) canceled.  The network has released a statement saying as much, etc.

2.  There's still hope.  (Ask any 7th Heaven fan. Wink)

3.  By all accounts, season 8 negotiations just broke down (we're talking within the last couple of days).  TV Guide is reporting the Gilmore crew thought season 8 was in the bag (and I can confirm that as well).

4.  It helps that we have two new Gilmore episodes before the May 17th Upfronts.  If our Girls can pull off some big numbers (ratings-wise), I don't see how The CW could not go back to the negotiation table.

What to do now? ...

Let all applicable parties know that you want (need!) season 8 ... and do it double time!  There is no right or wrong way to do this; send postcards, letters, paper flowers, real flowers, etc.  Be creative.  Whatever you decide ... just do it.  Soon.  Just do it, soon.  Wink

Star  Ms. Dawn Ostroff
Burbank, CA 91522-0002

Lauren Graham
c/o John Carrabino Management
100 North Crescent Dr.
G-400
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Alexis Bledel
c/o Flutie Entertainment
6500 Wilshire Blvd
Suite 2240
Los Angeles, CA 90048

Cast Member's Name
Gilmore Girls
Warner Bros.
4000 Warner Blvd.
Building 2222
Burbank, CA 91522

Cast Member's Name
Gilmore Girls
The CW Television Network
3701 Oak St.
Building 34R
Burbank, CA 91505

------

Dubbed the Great8Mandate, GilmoreGirls.org wants to ensure another season of our favorite show, and by pooling our collective resources ... together, we can make it happen.  This thread will act has Great8Mandate headquarters for information on how fans can support and help promote season 8 of Gilmore Girls. 

How you can help ...

One of the best ways to ensure a season 8 is to simply let the right people know that fans still support the show.  Below, you'll find a list of snail mail and e-mail addresses for important contacts.  To participate in The Great8Mandate, all you need to do is write well thought out letters to the people below expressing why you want season 8.  Letters don't need to be lengthy (unless you want them to be); they just need to be personal and heartfelt

It has been said that one piece of snail mail equates to the views/opinions of one-hundred viewers.  GilmoreGirls.org and the ORG Forum have tens of thousands of visitors each day.  If just a fraction of those people participate in the Great8Mandate, it would be considered a success.

Great8Mandate Stationary: Use this if you'd like to include the Great8Mandate logo in the background of your letter.  Feel free to customize things as you see fit.

Great8Mandate Flyer:  If writing isn't your thing or if you're someone who's extremely busy, simply print this out and mail it to one of the addresses below.  It still gets the point across.

Contacts at The CW ...

Star  Ms. Dawn Ostroff
Burbank, CA 91522-0002

Star  If e-mail is more your thing, you can try [email protected] and [email protected]

Peter Roth
President, Warner Brothers Television
300 Television Plaza
Burbank, CA 91505

Pamela Morrison
Vice President, Publicity and Talent Relations
3300 West Olive Ave.
Burbank, CA 91505

Paul Hewitt
Director of Publicity
3300 West Olive Ave.
Burbank, CA 91505

Gilmore Girls Cast Members ...

Lauren Graham
c/o John Carrabino Management
100 North Crescent Dr.
G-400
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Alexis Bledel
c/o Flutie Entertainment
6500 Wilshire Blvd
Suite 2240
Los Angeles, CA 90048

Scott Patterson
c/o Evolution Entertainment
901 N. Highland Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90038

Cast Member's Name
Gilmore Girls
Warner Bros.
4000 Warner Blvd.
Building 2222
Burbank, CA 91522

Cast Member's Name
Gilmore Girls
The CW Television Network
3701 Oak St.
Building 34R
Burbank, CA 91505

Entertainment Reporters/Media Outlets ...

People Magazine: [email protected]

Entertainment Weekly: [email protected]

Michael Ausiello from TV Guide:  [email protected]     

Kristin Veitch from E! Online:  [email protected]

Amy (TV Gal) from Zap2it.com:  [email protected]

Please note that Michael, Kristin, and Amy have already mentioned The Great8Mandate!  Many thanks to them!

Update as of March 27th, 2007 ...

Get your vote on!  Both E! Online and TVGuide.com are currently running online polls where fans can vote for their favorite shows.  Take a moment and show your support for Gilmore Girls.  It takes less than 30 seconds and every little bit helps!

Star  E! Online poll:
http://www.eonline.com/polls/full_page_poll.jsp?pollID=6084

Star  TVGuide.com poll (bottom right of the screen):
http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ausiello.aspx

Update as of March 14th, 2007 ...

In response to those of you who have inquired about how to contact Alexis and her representation, the following information was pulled from IMDbpro.com (each is listed as her manager).

Star  Michael Flutie: [email protected]
Star  Paul M. Brown[email protected]

Two quick comments ...

The above information was publicly accessible, so I don't feel terribly guilty about sharing it with the Gilmore masses.  However, with that said, if you choose to e-mail either person, please do so in a respectful and supportive manner.  The Great8Mandate is a positive fan campaign created to express our support for the show and its actors.

Update as of February 27th, 2007 ...

Earlier today I e-mailed someone very involved with publicity for Gilmore Girls and The CW in general regarding the status and likelihood of season 8.  I also inquired as to whether or not The Great8Mandate was making an impact and being seen by the right people. 

I received a reply just a little while ago and the gist of things was very positive.  My personal favorite line of the response was "Hello Heidi -- We are very aware of the Great8Mandate here at The CW and we appreciate everything you're doing in support of the show."  I have to say, that feels pretty good.

In reference to season 8, my contact said, "Rest assured we are definitely working on it."  A season 8 decision will be made public no later than May 17th (as that's when the network announces its fall schedule at the upfront in New York).  However, if the show gets an early pickup it's likely that we can expect an announcement before then. 

We were also encouraged to keep up our efforts.

Thank you!

~Heidi

P.S. - Please feel free to use any of the images below (or make your own) and link them back to this thread (use them in forums, on MySpace, your personal site, wherever you see fit).

Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. Of course I will do it!!!!!!!!
This is so great!!! Smiley
Love_the_Lorelais
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

Luke + Lorelai = Love

View Profile
« Reply #4986 on: May 16, 2007, 02:55:38 pm »

Just some words of encouragement....DO NOT GIVE UP!

Send letters, daiseys, postcards, call, tell people about your devotion to Gilmore Girls, get the news out there and fight!
We definitely deserve an 8th season - we just have to let more people know that!

BTW - those postcards that I think Heather posted...can we just print them out on normal paper, write on them, and send? Or are they for something else?  I would send so many more letters if I could use those.

~Java Junkie and proud of it!~
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #4987 on: May 16, 2007, 03:09:16 pm »

SUPER GIANT THANKS to Kelly (aka CathyCoffee ) for this AWSOMEEEE shirt!!

ps. it says "give them another chance" but the camera i used is like a mirror so it came out backwards...lol.

Yay!
You got it!
I was worried that my dad had sent it wrong or something.

love is blind so you didn't see me.
copperboom21
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #4988 on: May 16, 2007, 03:13:23 pm »

Hey everyone, it's about 6:15 pm eastern time and I was able to get through to the comment line. In the message I gave my name and how much I have loved the show these past seven years and while I loved last night's finale, I don't think it was a proper way to end the show and how we needed more closure than that as fans. I also encouraged them to consider working to some how get us that proper goodbye that we needed, like a shortened 8th season. I just wanted to let you guys know so that you could keep calling and leaving your messages if you haven't been able to get through yet. Good luck!
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #4989 on: May 16, 2007, 03:15:51 pm »

Hey everyone, it's about 6:15 pm eastern time and I was able to get through to the comment line. In the message I gave my name and how much I have loved the show these past seven years and while I loved last night's finale, I don't think it was a proper way to end the show and how we needed more closure than that as fans. I also encouraged them to consider working to some how get us that proper goodbye that we needed, like a shortened 8th season. I just wanted to let you guys know so that you could keep calling and leaving your messages if you haven't been able to get through yet. Good luck!

You get a  pretty stick because you are from the east coast!
Gotta keep those... 13 original states alive??

love is blind so you didn't see me.
mrmomsean
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #4990 on: May 16, 2007, 03:37:32 pm »

My wife and daughter introduced me to the gilmore girls.  I love the show and if there is no season 8 I will need to find a diffrent channel.  The new shows on CW do not interest me.  thanks
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #4991 on: May 16, 2007, 03:40:02 pm »

What the heck is the deal with all of the guys suddenly joining GG.org?  We go for 6 months with 5 guys total, and now we've doubled!

lol

Smiley

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
KaraGilmore
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #4992 on: May 16, 2007, 03:41:27 pm »

Hey Guys..
I finally got through to the CW Comment line. =]  I basically rambled on a bout how it wasn't an acceptable series finale and that I love Gilmore Girls and am an active participant in the Great8Mandate and that spoiling the Luke & Lorelai kiss was totally uncalled for...
Is there any major points I missed?

And--
I would love to participate in the Daisy Campaign, but I'm only 13 and my parents aren't exactly willing to give me money for daisies, so do you know [appx] how much it would cost to send a smal bouquet?

Gilmores-Forever
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #4993 on: May 16, 2007, 03:43:17 pm »

good job with the phone call!
do you happen to know how much it costs?
i saw it was a 1-818 nmber so im thinking its free? but i want to make sure before i make the call because im outside the U.S and dont want a big phone bill from it. thanks =)

sarah =)
KaraGilmore
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #4994 on: May 16, 2007, 03:52:36 pm »

good job with the phone call!
do you happen to know how much it costs?
i saw it was a 1-818 nmber so im thinking its free? but i want to make sure before i make the call because im outside the U.S and dont want a big phone bill from it. thanks =)
No, sorry, that is an Area code for the LA area in California, so it is not free. =[[  But, if you have a cell phone, calls are generally priced the same whether they are long distance or local.  Don't hold me to that though.

Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: