The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 04:17:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1766043 times)
minilorelai14
« Reply #4965 on: May 16, 2007, 11:21:34 am »

welcome!! umm just wondering wht season r u on there?
amanda elise20
Town Resident

Community Points: 5

Oy with the poodles already.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4966 on: May 16, 2007, 11:23:19 am »

I've found on other posts about how alexis and lauren ending the show then vanessa aka april says the girls ended the show...
if this is correct maybe we should aim some of the spotlight on them too rather than just
the cw execs...

----Java Junkie---Headliner---Foodie----
*amanda elise*

*F*A*I*T*H*

sig made by sooks... thanks!
stracciatella
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 9

View Profile
« Reply #4967 on: May 16, 2007, 11:25:45 am »

I'm from Germany as well, so I can answer this: They finished airing the 6th season a couple of months ago and the 7th season will start to air in the fall.
minilorelai14
« Reply #4968 on: May 16, 2007, 11:26:21 am »

ok as i told u before when i called vanessa last ntie and asked why it ended her respone was lauren alexis wouldnt sign on for another contract and they didnt want to contuine the show also the CW somewht took them off the air but come on give lauren and alexis a break after working on a show for so long u wanna try something diff or take a break so but yes the CW also took them off the air!

straciatella-oo ok so du know wht happens or no?
KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4969 on: May 16, 2007, 11:43:59 am »

I'm from Germany as well, so I can answer this: They finished airing the 6th season a couple of months ago and the 7th season will start to air in the fall.

You are lucky! Here in the Basque Country we only got to see it until season 5,,I was really mad they didn't continue to broadcast it anymore,so I had to start watching it online and in English ( by the way, I enjoy it more with the original sound and voices).

heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

View Profile
« Reply #4970 on: May 16, 2007, 12:14:17 pm »

I just called the comment line and left a message!  Let's fill it up before end of business today! Smiley

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
Lauren xx 424
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4971 on: May 16, 2007, 12:34:09 pm »

for the comment thing, should i just say my name and that im a big fan of GG and why the show shouldnt end? lol

what is everyone else saying??

*Lauren*

7.24.05 // 7.03.06 // *7.04.06* // 7.06.06 // 2.17.07 // 2.18.07
Kelly Clarkson && Gilmore Girls = Love Pleased

berck14
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #4972 on: May 16, 2007, 12:44:50 pm »

What is the status on getting an 8th season?  Have we heard anything?  What do we do to keep the pressure on?  What is the best way to get this show back for an 8th season.  I had just recently starting watching the show with my wife and now I am very angry about just abruptly ending the series this way.  Last nights episode was originally suppost to be the season finale, not the series finale.  It they are going to end the show at least give it one more season to bring the story lines to a better close.  What can I do to protest the cancellation?
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #4973 on: May 16, 2007, 01:16:14 pm »

Britney- I agree. I could NEVER hate or dislike them in any way for that. It was 7 years, longer than most tv shows run...It was their choice and I personally dont think that its coming back.

berck- so far, we are not getting an 8th season...

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4974 on: May 16, 2007, 01:18:48 pm »

All people from outside U.S. who are wondering if they can also call the CW comment line - you can!

I just tried it and it worked .. you have to use this number: 001 818 977 6878 (at least from Austria you can take this number - but I think the prefix 001 is the same from everywhere).
I don't know how much it is going to cost me - and I think I don't wanna know *lool*, but my call was about 53 seconds (I recognized I talked fast  Undecided)

you see the mailbox isn't full yet, so get those calls in  Wink

BTW, before my call I watched last nights episode ... I think I never had so much pain in my throat - you now, this feeling that comes up when you get pretty sad. I really loved the episode, I really did, but know I REALLY want & need another season/13 epsiodes.

@berck14: First of all: Welcome and thanks for joining us!! We are happy for everyone who wants to help and it's great to see that the mandate-group is growing every day!
We have two major things going on right now which are
1) Calling the CW ... Call the CW's comment line and tell them how you feel  1-818-977-6878 .. try to write down what you are going to say (like Rob suggested) .. and remember, be polite & don't harass them for cancelling the series.
2) Sending Daisies ... You can find anything concerning the "Daisy Duke Campaign" here in the first post http://www.gilmoregirls.org/forum/index.php?topic=6630.4830
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 01:28:06 pm by divine » Logged

ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #4975 on: May 16, 2007, 01:39:20 pm »

What is the status on getting an 8th season?  Have we heard anything?  What do we do to keep the pressure on?  What is the best way to get this show back for an 8th season.  I had just recently starting watching the show with my wife and now I am very angry about just abruptly ending the series this way.  Last nights episode was originally suppost to be the season finale, not the series finale.  It they are going to end the show at least give it one more season to bring the story lines to a better close.  What can I do to protest the cancellation?

Well, you're here, aren't you?   Dance

Seriously, though -- Welcome! The official status of the series as of right now is that it is cancelled.  That doesn't mean that it can't be uncancelled, even after the Upfronts are unveiled tomorrow, however.  What needs to happen is a continuing phone-in and write-in and daisy-in campaign to Dawn, Lauren and Alexis.  There are many conflicting reports as to who was responsible for the show ending, but the IMO more reliable ones report that 1) The CW walked away from the negotiating table (TV Guide's Stephen Battaglio) and 2) not really seriously addressing Lauren and Alexis's concerns about their exhaustion (TV Guide's Michael Ausiello's interview with Lauren.)  That means that all three should be pressured at this point to rebuild the burnt bridges and come back to the negotiating table -- for a midseason replacement, with healthier (shorter) hours for Lauren and Alexis, for that 13-episode count for the CW -- everything's really negotiable.  What is needed is the mass of viewers -- the work of a massive amount of Gg viewers and fans, to write all three, Dawn Ostroff, Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel and convince them that a real final season of Gg must happen.  Pressure on them needs to rise, not decrease -- even if they say bugger off. 

Even if you think that the episode was great and makes a good series finale, but you'd like to see something more conclusive about the various storylines that were *not* addressed in the final five episodes of the season, I don't think that you should give up on the show.  Support us in your interest to see those various storylines addressed more convincingly.

-- Rob

-------------------
Season 8:  Because we don't really know what Kirk's mental illness is.
Junkie
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

We NEED season 8! Keep on fighting! ;-)

View Profile
« Reply #4976 on: May 16, 2007, 01:40:09 pm »

OMG i'm speechless! i've just seen the final episode and i think it was perfect! (as a season final of course, cause i'm still supporting season 8  Wink )
the kiss between luke and lorelai was amazing and so was the whole scene.. WOW! that really makes me want to see more! i can't believe it's supposed to be over now... we have to fight on!  Cool so please don't stop calling The CW and mailing them just because the last episode was aired yesterday!
you're all doing a great job here! i know i've said it before but i'm impressed everytime i come here.  Smiley

stracciatella
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 9

View Profile
« Reply #4977 on: May 16, 2007, 01:46:09 pm »

straciatella-oo ok so du know wht happens or no?

Yes, I do know what happens. I have seen the 7th season.
smallactor5
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #4978 on: May 16, 2007, 01:50:22 pm »

Okay, so I made my phone call from Germany, kept it pretty short and sweet, just saying how I had seen how many fans, like myself, were extremely disappointed to see the show end last night and if there was anything they could do to bring the show back for even a shortened season this fall, their efforts would not be in vain!  And I ended it with a thank you and I hope to be tuning into "Gilmore Girls" and the CW this fall.  
*NOTE: Their voicemail message said that they listen to ALL voicemails and make note of comments!  I don't know how true that is, but if it is, I'd say this number is a good idea and why didn't I hear about this before?

I have sent cards to Alexis and Lauren from Germany, but I'm thinking e-mail is my better option right now, since time is important and it usually takes about two weeks for stuff to reach the USA, so I'm just wondering, does anybody know the best e-mail addresses to use?  I'm using the [email protected] , but I doubt if that's actually read.  I'm also using the [email protected] , but I'm thinking that since she's not w/upn anymore that might not work so well.  Really, I'm willing to use anything!

I'm waiting 30 more days to see the last two episodes (gotta watch it with my mom!), and I'm hoping by that time I'll have heard some good news and we won't be crying as hard at the finale.  I've actually been checking the site all day to see if there were any updates with smiley faces beside them.  Tomorrow I'll definitely be looking for news of the Upfronts all day.

I've got a lot of fight left in me, though!  It's not over yet!  
Razzlefrat!
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

coffee, coffee, coffee

View Profile
« Reply #4979 on: May 16, 2007, 01:52:25 pm »

SUPER GIANT THANKS to Kelly (aka CathyCoffee ) for this AWSOMEEEE shirt!!

ps. it says "give them another chance" but the camera i used is like a mirror so it came out backwards...lol.

Literati <3

/\ by Razzlefrat!
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: