The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 12:22:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1765897 times)
vasewg
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #4950 on: May 16, 2007, 08:29:22 am »

Update as of May 15th, 2007 ...

Welcome all season 8 supporters!  Please don't be intimidated by the size of this thread.  To catch up on everything that the Great8Mandate has accomplished and to find out how you can participate as well, simply jump to the last page of this thread.  If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions of your own ... please don't hesitate to post.  Thank you.  (And for those of you who want to specifically see the results from our Daisy Campaign, check here.)

Update as of May 9th, 2007 ...

After last night's episode my inbox has been FLOODED with e-mail from Gilmore fans inquiring how to save their favorite show from extinction. For those that still hold season 8 hope near and dear to their hearts, you can send Gilmore support letters to the following contacts:

E-mail The CW at [email protected] or send snail mail to the following address.

Ms. Dawn Ostroff
President of Entertainment, The CW Television Network
4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg 168
Burbank, CA 91522-0002

Despite what contact method you use, please remember that time is of the essence.

Update as of May 5th, 2007 ...

What is the Great8Mandate Daisy Campaign?

As we've all heard, Warner Bros. and The CW recently announced the cancellation of our Girls.  In order to show 'the powers that be' that Gilmore fans are truly dedicated and still stand behind season 8, the Great8Mandate Daisy Campaign was born.  Taking a cue from our favorite show, the Daisy Campaign will physically deliver bouquets of daisies to important parties involved in the season 8 decision making process in hopes of changing the season 8 tides. 

The exact executives/actors who will receive the daisies depends entirely on how much money the campaign raises.  It would be safe to assume that our first targets are people like Dawn Ostroff (President of Entertainment, The CW Television Network), Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, Peter Roth (President, Warner Brothers Television) and so on.

How can I participate and send daisies?

There are two ways to participate in the Daisy Campaign.  Supporters can either send bouquets of daisies on their own, or they can send money to GilmoreGirls.org via PayPal so that resources can be pooled together. 

What happens once I send money to GilmoreGirls.org?

Every dollar that is sent to GilmoreGirls.org for the Daisy Campaign will be used for purchasing flowers.  GilmoreGirls.org will work closely with local florists to ensure that money is spent properly and on something Gilmore fans will be proud of.  If possible, photos will be taken of the daisy bouquets.  At the very least GilmoreGirls.org will provide receipts for all flower purchases so that participants can see exactly how money was sent. 

How can I send money to GilmoreGirls.org for the Daisy Campaign?

PayPal payments can be sent to: [email protected]  Sorry, donations are no longer being accepted.  Our orders for daisies was placed on May 8th, 2007.

What is PayPal?

PayPal.com is a company/service that allows individuals to send and receive money online.  It's free, secure, and a fast way to send payments.  Users can send payments using a credit card, debit card, or bank account.  For first time PayPal users, I suggest visiting PayPal.com and taking a look around.  It only takes a few minutes to sign up for an account and send a payment.

When is the last day money can be sent in for the Daisy Campaign?

As of this moment, the campaign's deadline is May 13th.  Depending on how much money is raised, GilmoreGirls.org may choose to send multiple bouquets of daisies, or one giant bouquet.  If at any point news is released that there is zero (absolutely no hope) for a season 8 revival, GilmoreGirls.org will stop accepting payments for the campaign.

If I have questions about the Daisy Campaign, who can I contact?

All questions, comments, and suggestions are all welcome.  Please feel free to post them in this thread.  If you'd prefer to contact GilmoreGirls.org via e-mail, write to [email protected].

Final comments

Please don't donate money to the Daisy Campaign if it will be any kind of financial hardship.  No one should feel bad if they can't participate; this is just one of many ways to participate in the Great8Mandate.  Please also go into this campaign with eyes wide open.  Meaning, this grand gesture probably won't save our Girls.  You probably won't receive any kind of thank you from Dawn, Lauren, or Alexis.  This is simply our way of trying to persuade the powers that be.  Our way of knowing that we did everything possible to save our favorite show.

Update as of May 3rd, 2007 ...

Gilmore ... gone. Grab your kleenex and prepare to say your goodbyes. Our Girls won't be back for an eighth season. A joint statement from the CW and Warner Bros. reads: "The final season of Gilmore Girls is truly a sad moment for everyone at the CW and Warner Bros. Television. This series helped define a network and created a fantastic, storybook world featuring some of television's most memorable, lovable characters."

In the event anyone's interested, here are Heidi's thoughts ...

1.  I'm not going to lie or sugarcoat things; the show is probably (most likely) canceled.  The network has released a statement saying as much, etc.

2.  There's still hope.  (Ask any 7th Heaven fan. Wink)

3.  By all accounts, season 8 negotiations just broke down (we're talking within the last couple of days).  TV Guide is reporting the Gilmore crew thought season 8 was in the bag (and I can confirm that as well).

4.  It helps that we have two new Gilmore episodes before the May 17th Upfronts.  If our Girls can pull off some big numbers (ratings-wise), I don't see how The CW could not go back to the negotiation table.

What to do now? ...

Let all applicable parties know that you want (need!) season 8 ... and do it double time!  There is no right or wrong way to do this; send postcards, letters, paper flowers, real flowers, etc.  Be creative.  Whatever you decide ... just do it.  Soon.  Just do it, soon.  Wink

Star  Ms. Dawn Ostroff
Burbank, CA 91522-0002

Lauren Graham
c/o John Carrabino Management
100 North Crescent Dr.
G-400
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Alexis Bledel
c/o Flutie Entertainment
6500 Wilshire Blvd
Suite 2240
Los Angeles, CA 90048

Cast Member's Name
Gilmore Girls
Warner Bros.
4000 Warner Blvd.
Building 2222
Burbank, CA 91522

Cast Member's Name
Gilmore Girls
The CW Television Network
3701 Oak St.
Building 34R
Burbank, CA 91505

------

Dubbed the Great8Mandate, GilmoreGirls.org wants to ensure another season of our favorite show, and by pooling our collective resources ... together, we can make it happen.  This thread will act has Great8Mandate headquarters for information on how fans can support and help promote season 8 of Gilmore Girls. 

How you can help ...

One of the best ways to ensure a season 8 is to simply let the right people know that fans still support the show.  Below, you'll find a list of snail mail and e-mail addresses for important contacts.  To participate in The Great8Mandate, all you need to do is write well thought out letters to the people below expressing why you want season 8.  Letters don't need to be lengthy (unless you want them to be); they just need to be personal and heartfelt

It has been said that one piece of snail mail equates to the views/opinions of one-hundred viewers.  GilmoreGirls.org and the ORG Forum have tens of thousands of visitors each day.  If just a fraction of those people participate in the Great8Mandate, it would be considered a success.

Great8Mandate Stationary: Use this if you'd like to include the Great8Mandate logo in the background of your letter.  Feel free to customize things as you see fit.

Great8Mandate Flyer:  If writing isn't your thing or if you're someone who's extremely busy, simply print this out and mail it to one of the addresses below.  It still gets the point across.

Contacts at The CW ...

Star  Ms. Dawn Ostroff
Burbank, CA 91522-0002

Star  If e-mail is more your thing, you can try [email protected] and [email protected]

Peter Roth
President, Warner Brothers Television
300 Television Plaza
Burbank, CA 91505

Pamela Morrison
Vice President, Publicity and Talent Relations
3300 West Olive Ave.
Burbank, CA 91505

Paul Hewitt
Director of Publicity
3300 West Olive Ave.
Burbank, CA 91505

Gilmore Girls Cast Members ...

Lauren Graham
100 North Crescent Dr.
G-400
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Alexis Bledel
c/o Flutie Entertainment
6500 Wilshire Blvd
Suite 2240
Los Angeles, CA 90048

Scott Patterson
c/o Evolution Entertainment
901 N. Highland Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90038

Cast Member's Name
Gilmore Girls
Warner Bros.
4000 Warner Blvd.
Building 2222
Burbank, CA 91522

Cast Member's Name
Gilmore Girls
3701 Oak St.
Building 34R
Burbank, CA 91505

Entertainment Reporters/Media Outlets ...

People Magazine: [email protected]

Entertainment Weekly: [email protected]

Michael Ausiello from TV Guide:  [email protected]     

Kristin Veitch from E! Online:  [email protected]

Amy (TV Gal) from Zap2it.com:  [email protected]

Please note that Michael, Kristin, and Amy have already mentioned The Great8Mandate!  Many thanks to them!

Update as of March 27th, 2007 ...

Get your vote on!  Both E! Online and TVGuide.com are currently running online polls where fans can vote for their favorite shows.  Take a moment and show your support for Gilmore Girls.  It takes less than 30 seconds and every little bit helps!

Star  E! Online poll:
http://www.eonline.com/polls/full_page_poll.jsp?pollID=6084

Star  TVGuide.com poll (bottom right of the screen):
http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ausiello.aspx

Update as of March 14th, 2007 ...

In response to those of you who have inquired about how to contact Alexis and her representation, the following information was pulled from IMDbpro.com (each is listed as her manager).

Star  Michael Flutie: [email protected]
Star  Paul M. Brown[email protected]

Two quick comments ...

The above information was publicly accessible, so I don't feel terribly guilty about sharing it with the Gilmore masses.  However, with that said, if you choose to e-mail either person, please do so in a respectful and supportive manner.  The Great8Mandate is a positive fan campaign created to express our support for the show and its actors.

Update as of February 27th, 2007 ...

Earlier today I e-mailed someone very involved with publicity for Gilmore Girls and The CW in general regarding the status and likelihood of season 8.  I also inquired as to whether or not The Great8Mandate was making an impact and being seen by the right people. 

I received a reply just a little while ago and the gist of things was very positive.  My personal favorite line of the response was "Hello Heidi -- We are very aware of the Great8Mandate here at The CW and we appreciate everything you're doing in support of the show."  I have to say, that feels pretty good.

In reference to season 8, my contact said, "Rest assured we are definitely working on it."  A season 8 decision will be made public no later than May 17th (as that's when the network announces its fall schedule at the upfront in New York).  However, if the show gets an early pickup it's likely that we can expect an announcement before then. 

We were also encouraged to keep up our efforts.

Thank you!

~Heidi

P.S. - Please feel free to use any of the images below (or make your own) and link them back to this thread (use them in forums, on MySpace, your personal site, wherever you see fit).

ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #4951 on: May 16, 2007, 09:29:57 am »

Welcome!  It’s time for another installment of . . .

Operation:  Daisy Duke.

Version 2.01:  "Bon Voyage It Ain't"

MISSION STATEMENT:  Our overall goal with ODD is to send real daisies to everyone who could possibly be needed to get everyone back to the negotiating table in order to urge them to work one last time to revoke the cancellation of Gilmore Girls.

TODAY’S GOAL for “Operation: Daisy Duke” is to ask viewers everywhere to send daisies on their own to Dawn Ostroff, Lauren Graham and/or Alexis Bledel at their office address on Wednesday, in time for the Upfronts, or Thursday and beyond.

Without further adieu, I present to you “Operation: Daisy Duke.”

1)  Why "Operation:  Daisy Duke"?  Because it just wouldn't be a Save Gilmore Girls campaign without a bizarro pop culture reference coming from left field.  The show has made some very amusing equations between Lorelai and the hottest Dukes cousin, including having Lorelai drive a jeep (just like Daisy did), having Lorelai wear Daisy Dukes to her meeting with Headmaster Charleston on Rory's first day at Chilton, because Stars Hollow is the set where Hazzard County used to exist and because the exterior of Lorelai's house is the exterior of Uncle Jesse's house.  And because the many ironies inherent in the show's premise strongly suggest that we'll have better luck than Max did with his daisies.

2) Besides the obvious reference to the episode "Love, Daisies and Troubadours," why daisies?  Because nationwide flower delivery is faster than snail mail at this point (ie: next-day delivery) and it's our "tobasco sauce" campaign without a chance of frightening the network in these post 9-11 days.

3) Yes, the series season finale has aired, but it's time to triple our resolve, not to give in!   Lauren's exit interview with Michael Ausiello at TV Guide does NOT mean that all is lost -- she was taken aback by the abrupt cancellation of the series (no matter how much she tries to spin it) and moreover, nobody looks forward to auditions (as she mentioned to Ausiello that she's having to start doing), so Lauren even noting it is a cry for help.  Furthermore, Scott Patterson said in no uncertain terms in his exist interview with Ausiello that he is not happy with the way that the show ended.  MOREOVER, Kelly Bishop and Liza Weil both voiced their unhappiness with the abruptness of the show ending in a Washiington Post article posted on Tuesday, May 15th at
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/14/AR2007051401693.html (free and fast registration may be required.)  Encouragingly, Farscape got its four-hour miniseries LONG after the show was cancelled.  Firefly's "Serenity" epilogue was greenlit LONG after that show was cancelled -- and that became a theatrical movie.  Not saying that Gg would go to the big screen, but the perseverance -- the hard work -- of these show's fandoms BEYOND their shows' so-called endings resulted in proper endings for those shows.

4)  Please send your daisies through your local florist.  There are many sources from your local florist to the internet through which you can send daisies to Ms. Ostroff.  Two of the biggest online alternatives include FTD.com and, 1-800flowers.com, both of whom operate national delivery services through local florists anyway.  Many of the online florists only promote $40 vase arrangements of daisies, which may be beyond a Gg fan's budget.  A dozen daisies would likely come in a typical cellophane wrap if they're bought by the stem.  Order the daisies in the way that is best for you. 

5) Send yellow daisies ONLY because that's the color of Lorelai.  If whoever you order from is out of yellow daisies (unlikely, but still, Mother's Day was yesterday, and that's Christmas for florists . . .) then, sure, go with white daisies, but Yellow is the color.

6) Send your daisies to Dawn Ostroff at the following address: 

Ms. Dawn Ostroff, President of Entertainment
Burbank, CA 91522-0002

or to Lauren and/or Alexis at the addresses of their management teams at:

Lauren Graham
100 North Crescent Dr.
G-400
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Alexis Bledel
c/o Flutie Entertainment
6500 Wilshire Blvd
Suite 2240
Los Angeles, CA 90048

You can, of course, send small message cards with your bouquet.  The rule is this:  BE POLITE AND POSITIVE.  Do NOT write anything like "I hate you because you cancelled Gilmore Girls!" or "I'm sad that you cancelled Gimore Girls" or "I won't watch The CW ever again unless you uncancel Gilmore Girls."  I totally understand, respect and even share those feelings, but, after all, it's not something that Lorelai or Rory would do in this situation.  Instead, write something like "Please renew Gilmore Girls!" or "Please uncancel Gilmore Girls" and sign it with at least your name and address so that they know how far Gg's fanbase has spread throughout the country and the world.

7) DEADLINE: EVERYDAY is the official deadline. Any day that Daisies or letters or voicemails or email arrive between now and the Upfronts on the 17th (and even beyond) WILL still help!

Cool  There is no 8 yet.  That’s the whole point.

9) Please post to this thread when you've sent a bouquet.  Even one hundred bouquets of just a dozen daisies sent to Ms. Ostroff will surpass the 1000 mark of daisies from LD&T and I am sure that we'll send a lot more than that.

10)  Please spread the word of "Operation:  Daisy Duke" around to other MBs and forums that have enthusiastic Gilmore supporters.  Some of the obvious boards are FanForum, the cwtv.com lounge, etc.  We don't want to annoy people, especially since there are people who post to multiple MBs.  But still, let us know which MBs it gets posted to and provide a link to this thread or to the Great 8 Mandate thread.  If you so desire, please copy this entire post to that forum.

110 If you wish to send a voicemail to The CW, their viewer comment line is 1-818-977-6878.  The voicemail line is currently full, but Keep calling!   Give yourself a BIG! smile every time you hear that it's full. Maybe even look forward to hearing that the voicemail is full every bit as much as you look forward to getting through.  Getting the Full comment means that they're still getting slammed with calls from Gg fans -- so it's actually great great GREAT news!

Let's spread the word!  "Operation:  Daisy Duke" continues!

-- Rob

------------------------
Season 8:  Just because we love the season finale, significant omissions and oversights mean that it's not acceptable as a series finale -- and that's no insult to anyone.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 09:41:02 am by ShutUpRob » Logged
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #4952 on: May 16, 2007, 09:42:50 am »

Here are some ratings from last night's epi I found at TWoP...

from snowfall:

From pifeedback.com:

Gilmore Girls (series finale)
- 4.755 million viewers
- 3.0/5 HH
- 2.2/6 A18-49
- 2.8/9 A18-34

And compared to previous episodes

from gossipcom:

Ep. Fast HH - Final Total Viewers

7.18 - 2.8/4 - 3.79 million
7.19 - 3.0/5 - 3.75 million
7.20 - 3.0/5 - 4.08 million
7.21 - 3.2/5 - 3.99 million

link for both posts

I guess last night's #s are preliminary and not definite. I'm not familiar with the whole ratings system though. Just wanted to supply the numbers

I am very interested in Veronica Mars' ratings so I'll go try and find them.

********edit: went on the VM TWoP board and found some numbers

from hc 8:

Courtesy of TravisYannan at pifeedback.com
Veronica Mars
- 2.240 million viewers
- 1.4/2 HH
- 1.0/2 A18-49
- 1.3/4 A18-34

and retention from GG from kimmyray:

Retention: 47% in viewers, 47% in households, 45% in adults 18-49, 46% in adults 18-34.

link to VM ratings thread

Now GG and VM side by side:

GG
- 4.755 million viewers
- 3.0/5 HH
- 2.2/6 A18-49
- 2.8/9 A18-34

VM
- 2.240 million viewers
- 1.4/2 HH
- 1.0/2 A18-49
- 1.3/4 A18-34
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 09:50:37 am by the girls4ever » Logged

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
Zeppy
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #4953 on: May 16, 2007, 09:48:14 am »

I've just finished watching the last episode: so good and so sad and the same time! Everything was perfect, in the right place at the right time; To me it's the better episode ever. I totally agree with Lauren Graham at this point, I mean about the great season finale and the "good" series finale: it could even be over now, but I'd really really really love an 8th season. It'd be more complete and... I don't know how to say... maybe things could wrap up a little bit more slowly and with more detail.

During the episode I was thinking about the fact that the episode itself was a sort of metaphor of the whole situation is going on with CW, the show, the fans and so on. I mean, Rory (the show - GG) was supposed to leave sooner or later, but not as soon as it happend. So like Stars Hollow citizens speeded things up to do everything possible to say goodbye to Rory, I think we should do the same, to say goodbye di GG in a better way with an 8th season. Keep mandating! =)
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4954 on: May 16, 2007, 09:59:49 am »

Ok, so I don't get ratings, those GG numbers looked pretty good to me... And yes, a phenomenal show last night, but I still feel jipped and disrespected as a loyal viewer.

Showing the kiss in the promo last weekSTILL in stuck in my craw (is that the right saying?), esp. now seeing that that was the *extent* of the passionate reunion- its like I'm more upset about how they handled the whole thing: canceling the show after they already taped the finale, announcing that cancelation with only 2 shows left to air, and then giving away the climax of the romantic subplot in the preview is just atrocious...at the very least the CW PR, marketing guy should get fired.... I don't not like how that network handles things; I am done with this channel.

Again, please note the handy dandy phone # in my sig!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 10:04:02 am by neverapuff » Logged

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #4955 on: May 16, 2007, 10:10:30 am »

Ok, so I don't get ratings, those GG numbers looked pretty good to me... And yes, a phenomenal show last night, but I still feel jipped and disrespected as a loyal viewer.

Showing the kiss in the promo last weekSTILL in stuck in my craw (is that the right saying?), esp. now seeing that that was the *extent* of the passionate reunion- its like I'm more upset about how they handled the whole thing: canceling the show after they already taped the finale, announcing that cancelation with only 2 shows left to air, and then giving away the climax of the romantic subplot in the preview is just atrocious...at the very least the CW PR, marketing guy should get fired.... I don't not like how that network handles things; I am done with this channel.

Again, please note the handy dandy phone # in my sig!

I'm with ya on this one.  I've sent letters to everyone I could at the CW telling them that if they are daft enough not to bring GG back, that my household will never see another CW program (well, I phrased it much nicer than that).  What a bunch of morons they must be to not try harder to keep their highest rated show with the support it has behind it.

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
AmandaT
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #4956 on: May 16, 2007, 10:17:08 am »

My sister, my mom, and me will do anything to get our girls back on for another season.  PLEASE BRING THE GILMORE GIRLS BACK!!!

go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #4957 on: May 16, 2007, 10:20:41 am »

I watched last nights episode and was shocked to find out how incredibly amazing the episode was! Shocked I was so not expecting it to be that good. I was/am totally in love with it! That was the perfect series finale, if the rest of the season hadn't had such a lack of everything we want, I would be completely fine with the show ending. I'm still on board for S8 even though I'm nervous about it cause I'm scared that that season will most likely have a lack of the things I want for it, with Rory going off and being career women and all (I'm completely invested in the Lorelai and Rory relationship and I'm afraid their won't be many scenes with them and that is bound to happen with Rory leaving to iowa) but if we can't get this (which I believe we can) I am totally satisfied with the ending of the show right now cause that series finale was unbelievable!!! Shocked

Only problem I had with it was no Lorelai and Rory hug (the rest of the episode kinda made up for it though,) the lack of Emily and Richard scenes and the lack of Lorelai and Emily closure. I can totally understand why Kelly was disappointed with the ending now. I think if they had known it was the end, the episode would have been 2 hours and things would have been wrapped up properly and I think Kelly would have been happy. I think she is just upset she never got to say goodbye and that her storyline wasn't completely wrapped up which I understand! Smiley

also I think the ratings were pretty good but compared to the 7th heaven Series finale last year (7mil,) it wasn't alot. Thats understandable though cause everyone knew 7th heaven was ending way before they aired and even filmed the finale. They had at least a month to advertise plus the show had been on longer, plus it was aired on the WB and the WB got way better ratings then The CW. Gilmore Girls got 6mil for the season 6 premiere!!! Thats better then 7mil for a series finale in my opinion because most of the time, half the viewers that watch a series finale are casual viewers that wanted to see the end of the show they use to love and don't anymore!

Welcome Amanda, nice to have another supporter Smiley

« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 10:27:02 am by go_clo » Logged

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #4958 on: May 16, 2007, 10:22:17 am »

Regarding the ratings that have come out so far, they're called "fast nationals" and or pretty much the raw numbers for who saw the given show in its regular timeslot.  Later on will come out "fast nationals + same-day viewing," which is to include timeshift (VCRs/DVRs, etc.) and in about a week will come data "same week ratings/total ratings" which includes ratings from all measured sources for that week -- ie: fast nationals + same day viewing + time-shifting to another day + other sources such as college dorms (a new addition to the measurements).  It usually results in an uptick of around 100-150 thousand viewers for Gg in the ratings.

-- Rob

-----------------------
Season 8:  Because an 800K increase in viewers in just the raw numbers demands it.
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #4959 on: May 16, 2007, 10:24:38 am »

...the lack of Emily and Richard scenes and the lack of Lorelai and Emily closure. ...

I thought that the one scene was perfect with Richard and Emily, and I did see "closure" between Lorelai and Emily: The Friday Night Dinners will continue.  Emily wants Lorelai in her life and vice versa.

Hopefully if we keep pushing the network and the sponsors, we may get to see more of them.  Albeit, it's a very long shot, but if we hit 'em where it hurts (their pocketbooks), you never know.

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4960 on: May 16, 2007, 10:32:39 am »

CW
Gilmore Girls (series finale)

- 4.755 million viewers
- 3.0/5 HH
- 2.2/6 A18-49
- 2.8/9 A18-34

Veronica Mars
- 2.240 million viewers
- 1.4/2 HH
- 1.0/2 A18-49
- 1.3/4 A18-34

This makes me smile a lot! Hope the network realises what a HUGE mistake they are doing renewing VM and cancelling GG. I sent another email to the network and to Ms.Ostroff.
Seems like also the phone is busy all the time with messages..so that's good too.
We are sending letters,emails,daisies...you all are great!
We are trying and if we keep trying we might get what we want.

So I was just playing my guitar,and suddenly I started playing Sam Phillips's songs that appear in GG and also "There she goes"...I'm inspired.
Maybe I can do something with that and let them know we even know the music of the series.Hahah.

Keep Mandating, I'm going to do some Italian,and keep playing those songs.

see ya later.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 10:36:00 am by KuKuLeNiLeNi » Logged

ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #4961 on: May 16, 2007, 10:42:32 am »

GOOD NEWS!  The Comment Line is Open!

As of about 1:30pm ET/12:30pm CT, the Comment Line is accepting voicemail comments -- I got through and left a message that started off with my name and phone number and ID'd me as one of the ringleaders of the Daisy campaign -- and then went on at length. 

Leave your comments while it's still not full for the day at:  1-818-977-6878.

-- Rob

---------------------
Season 8:  Because, OMG, I've memorized the phone number!
minilorelai14
« Reply #4962 on: May 16, 2007, 10:44:43 am »

k i called i said i said my name phone number and i said im from gilmoregirls.org and part of the great8mandate and i went on

also guys lauren and alexis ended the show not how the voting went...which is just awful and sad! Cry Cry

but more of the CW but really they both ended it
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 11:16:19 am by minilorelai14 » Logged
Lauren xx 424
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4963 on: May 16, 2007, 10:50:03 am »

what is everyone saying when they leave a message on the comment line thing?

*Lauren*

7.24.05 // 7.03.06 // *7.04.06* // 7.06.06 // 2.17.07 // 2.18.07
Kelly Clarkson && Gilmore Girls = Love Pleased

Wonny
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #4964 on: May 16, 2007, 11:17:38 am »

what is everyone saying when they leave a message on the comment line thing?

Hi

My name is Wonny and I´m new here.
I´m from Germany, so if my English is not very well I´m sorry.
I think this compaign is so great and I always get hope, when I see all the fans here,
who want to save Gilmore Girls, too.  Smiley Smiley Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: