The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 02:47:36 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1763598 times)
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #4920 on: May 15, 2007, 09:26:24 pm »

well I just finished watching GG with my carton of icecream, box of cookies, tons of junk food, and a box of tissues. A true gilmore tribute. I wore black all day. I called the CW but it was full so good ob everyone. I am about to call Paul and I agree with everyone that this was no way a series final.

I wore all black today too!
I was called goth multiple times though.

And I made a whole shrine of Gilmore food.
Poptarts, ice cream, coffee, candy.
Anything that makes you fat.

love is blind so you didn't see me.
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #4921 on: May 15, 2007, 09:27:46 pm »

I just called Paul's voicemail.  (I was a little thrown off at first when I heard a woman's voice, lol.)   It's not full yet.   In my message I told him I was one of many staunch Gilmore Girl supporters, that I'm hoping the two sides can still come to an agreement and that the network would be losing a truly original program.   Let's fill-er-up!

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

View Profile
« Reply #4922 on: May 15, 2007, 09:28:41 pm »

Excellent.. Now I just wish I had read your post before I left my message..
I like what you said better. Smiley

Thanks! Grin

Okay guys, here are the postcard things I put together ... the front is just the beautiful logo that everyone's been using ...

The backside I made using the colors from the image you guys made originally ...

I found that copying and pasting the image into a Word document and printing it provides the best accuracy in terms of making sure it lines up on both sides.  The post card prints to be about 7.5 inches wide and about 6 inches tall.  (Like I said, it's meant to be bigger and say "NOTICE ME!!")

If for some reason the images don't link in or you can't right click and save them from here, here are the links to the images ...

Front side:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v430/hellokitty3065/frontside.jpg

Back side:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v430/hellokitty3065/backside.jpg

Smiley I've written dozens of letters now, as I know you all have -- but this way, if you want to hand write something it's quick, it's cute, it's got a message already put on it with the song lyrics and what not, and mailing post cards is cheaper if you're on a budget (which I am ... college student syndrome).

Hope you guys can put them to use. Smiley

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #4923 on: May 15, 2007, 09:30:51 pm »

did you guys notice that the cancellation of GG is going to be on the KTLA News tonight? MAYBE they will mention the Great8Mandate! I hope so...

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #4924 on: May 15, 2007, 09:31:53 pm »

did you guys notice that the cancellation of GG is going to be on the KTLA News tonight? MAYBE they will mention the Great8Mandate! I hope so...

:-D That would be so great.

I live in Michigan so I won't be able to see it -- but someone let us know what they have to say!

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #4925 on: May 15, 2007, 09:34:49 pm »

I forgot to add:

I am a graphic designer.  I have access to poster printers and that sort of thing -- and here and there, I can use it for personal things.  If for some reason we decided we wanted to make some sort of banner or something on a large scale to send, I could get it printed for nothing.  Literally nothing at all. Smiley  I can't abuse it too much, of course, or I'll get in trouble -- but I could do a one or two things.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 09:36:55 pm by heatherkilpatrick » Logged

SerenitylovesGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #4926 on: May 15, 2007, 09:35:21 pm »

omg I just got an idea we should send in pictures of gilmore girls in mourning all dressed in black with signs stating our cause. this will be alot like the pictures everyone sent in last time
SerenitylovesGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #4927 on: May 15, 2007, 09:45:22 pm »

I tried printing out the postcards and it came out all funky
lolalives
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #4928 on: May 15, 2007, 09:49:28 pm »

I've supported the Great8Mandate since I heard about it and I cried when I saw the amazing bouquets of yellow daisies that were sent to Lauren, Alexis and Dawn. I appreciate the support that everyone is still giving in hopes of a Season 8. I watched the finale twice, was able to watch it in 2 different time zones and I lost it during the last 15 minutes when my favorite "La la la" song came on and Zach and Jackson came running out with umbrellas. My husband, who's one of those men who watch Gilmore Girls but won't admit it, cried when Richard called Lorelai "remarkable". We were both crying and laughing at the same time because Gilmore Girls had the amazing ability to evoke those kind of emotions. I hope we get more of this amazing show, whether we get another part season, a 2 hour movie or something that we can cling to and say a proper goodbye. I'm so not ready to let go, but am so glad that you are all here.
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #4929 on: May 15, 2007, 09:51:11 pm »

I tried printing out the postcards and it came out all funky

Hmmm ... interesting.  They printed out fine for me, but I'm thinking there might be a re-sizing/resolution problem.  If you PM me your email address, I'll email you the original images tomorrow sometime, and that should help the problem!

(This goes for anyone else, too!  Grin)

Olivia603
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #4930 on: May 15, 2007, 09:56:10 pm »

I sent Yellow daisies today to Dawn Ostroff with a note saying please don't cancel GG.
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #4931 on: May 15, 2007, 10:01:09 pm »

NEW!  Paul Macguire, VP of Media Relations (including Publicity) has gone home for the night, his voicemail is on.  Fill up that mailbox at:  1-818-977-0040

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because we're all Lorelais.  We do stuff on telephones.

I'm loving that we are campaigning with so much passion still guys, but please if you feel the need to use this number, be very respectful.  At the very beginning of the campaign we discussed at great length whether or not our campaign should be aimed at those that do not have any direct power or say in saving the show.  Sure Mr MacGuire is very capable of informing DO and the likes that we have filled his voice mail, but that is where his role stops.  This is a real person, with a real job and I just hope that in the end, successful or not we can all hold our heads high and know without a doubt that the campaign was run with the utmost respect for all involved.

Long live Gilmore Girls!!!

Bam Great8Mandate Pow

Please read Forum Rules
jaystar
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4932 on: May 15, 2007, 10:04:32 pm »

This is my new favorite place.  We have to keep fighting for our show.

I was able to get through to the CW comment line but not to McGuire.  However I did send emails and wrote to DO.

That was absolutely NOT a series finale.  There were some nice moments, but as a long time L/L shipper that was awful.  

I'm writing more letters tomorrow.  
asense0fhope
Town Troubadour

WE WONT GIVE IN TIL WE SEE A WEDDING!

View Profile
« Reply #4933 on: May 15, 2007, 10:16:05 pm »

unfortunately its 1 15 am in  nj right now, and i called paul to see if the line was flooded yet, and it wasn't! so since i wasn't expecting that, i think my message kinda sucks.

any chance you think he'll actually hear these messages rather then just making his assistant delete any that have to do with the great8mandate?

OY WITH THE POODLES ALREADY!
Tissie
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4934 on: May 15, 2007, 10:23:42 pm »

i wounder if they would listen to us more if we all took a boycot from the cw network....i mean write in or call in saying we are going to protest agenst the fact that they canceled our beloved show. that we are boycoting the network for however long it takes for them to bring back the show. i mean there has to be hundred's of us on just this message board. and the people that are on teavee and which ever other ones are out there. i mean major boycots usuall work. instead of sending them flowers begging them for another season (which is a great idea) but lets hit these suckers where there pocket book it..THE RATINGS!!!!! let's let them know we are seriouse that we will not watch the network anymore bc of their actions.

what do you guys think?

~*~Kris~*~
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: