The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 01:12:21 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1732410 times)
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #4890 on: May 15, 2007, 07:10:57 pm »

I thought that the episode was probably the greatest season finale they've had since season 4 and perhaps the best season finale they've had ever, but it's absolutely unacceptable as a series finale.  Rory's story may be done, but Lorelai's story, particularly with Luke, Emily and Richard are not done -- and moreover, without spoiling it for the West Coast, two certain plot points at the end dealing with Lor and Luke (one of them spoiled in the commercial) were, IMO, handled too perfunctorily to be acceptable for a series finale -- heck, one of the events didn't even happen on camera!

BTW, the receptionist for Paul Maguire, the VICE-President of the Network, forwards you to the CW Comment Line if you don't try to stall her for time in some way, so skip the middleman and just call the CW Comment Line at 1-818-977-6878.

-- Rob

--------------------------
Season 8:  Because WE were ambushed.

I totally agree, that was a great season finale, but it was not even close to being even a partially decent series finale. I was actually going to quote that same line that lorelai used in the show about how she didn't have enough time and she felt ambushed because I think thats how we all feel right now. I always envisioned having an entire season, or at least a large portion of a season to be prepared for the ending as I am sure we all did, not just a few weeks. Its also great that Liza, Scott, Kelly, and Edward seem upset and dissapointed that the show ended this way, at least they recognize how unfair it is to fans. After reading that I have a new found respect for them it seems that they care about the fans and what we think, I can not say that I am getting that from certain other cast members....I am not saying that it is totally their fault, but I am not getting the same understanding vibe from them, especially after Lauren said that it would be a satisfying ending for us...it was enough to satisfy me until next season, but as an ending...not even close. I really help the backlash that I am sure is going to carry over these next few days will give everyone at the CW a huge reality check.

Here's where Operation: Daisy Duke continues to come in -- spread the word everywhere about the do-it-yourself Daisy campaign, encourage groups of fans to pool their resources like Heidi did with her PayPalPool!  I think we've gto enough ammunition now to pull for them getting back to the table to make a final 13-episode season a midseason replacement (I'd settle for 10 or 11 episodes if the gals really were asking for 8 at the last minute, a rumor that I don't believe, but still . . . just addressing it.)

Spread the word -- Operation: Daisy Duke Continues!

BTW, I don't remember -- did somebody post the Operation Daisy Duke Manifesto the cwtv Lounge?

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because David Rosenthal was clearly angry that he had to ambiguify the season finale.  So much bitter sarcasm in certain lines.
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4891 on: May 15, 2007, 07:15:54 pm »

Ugh, I also just got a busy signal when trying to leave a message on the CW comment line on the # Rob gave. Also when you press '0' for further assistance, you just get disconnected...

Fabulous season finale... but it really is cruel that they showed that L&L kiss that that promo last week and that was the EXTENT of their reunion. I'm not even that obsessed with them having babies or anything, but that was a travesty of PR and very disrespectful to a legion of loyal fans... *mandate on*

I think I will check out the cw lounge area next...I only have once before, but they seemed a little vicious...

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
flcrkr
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #4892 on: May 15, 2007, 07:24:41 pm »

I thought that the episode was probably the greatest season finale they've had since season 4 and perhaps the best season finale they've had ever, but it's absolutely unacceptable as a series finale.  Rory's story may be done, but Lorelai's story, particularly with Luke, Emily and Richard are not done -- and moreover, without spoiling it for the West Coast, two certain plot points at the end dealing with Lor and Luke (one of them spoiled in the commercial) were, IMO, handled too perfunctorily to be acceptable for a series finale -- heck, one of the events didn't even happen on camera!

BTW, the receptionist for Paul Maguire, the President of the Network, forwards you to the CW Comment Line if you don't try to stall her for time in some way, so skip the middleman and just call the CW Comment Line at 1-818-977-6878.

-- Rob

--------------------------
Season 8:  Because WE were ambushed.

I totally agree, that was a great season finale, but it was not even close to being even a partially decent series finale. I was actually going to quote that same line that lorelai used in the show about how she didn't have enough time and she felt ambushed because I think thats how we all feel right now. I always envisioned having an entire season, or at least a large portion of a season to be prepared for the ending as I am sure we all did, not just a few weeks. Its also great that Liza, Scott, Kelly, and Edward seem upset and dissapointed that the show ended this way, at least they recognize how unfair it is to fans. After reading that I have a new found respect for them it seems that they care about the fans and what we think, I can not say that I am getting that from certain other cast members....I am not saying that it is totally their fault, but I am not getting the same understanding vibe from them, especially after Lauren said that it would be a satisfying ending for us...it was enough to satisfy me until next season, but as an ending...not even close. I really help the backlash that I am sure is going to carry over these next few days will give everyone at the CW a huge reality check.

That is also how I feel. It was great for a season finale, but not a series.

And that is great news Rob about the CW comment line box being full and busy. Smiley
khadijahnm
Town Resident

Community Points: 24

View Profile
« Reply #4893 on: May 15, 2007, 07:29:40 pm »

That episode was awesome. I finally get your comment Rob about the two great L&L moments and one of them was not even shown on the screen. I was so confused because the episode had only just started here in the Mountain Time Zone but I was so happy when I finally realized what you were referring to.

I was actually clapping because I was so happy. Of course, my door was closed so that my kids didn't think their mom had lost it over some "stupid" tv show (my 12 year-old's words not mine).

I am planning on calling, calling, and more calling the CW's comment line tonight, tomorrow and whenever I think of it. I gotta put those unused cell phone minutes to good use.

Okay I am off to read other people's comments about the episode and make my first calls to the comment line.

Keep fighting the good fight everyone.

ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #4894 on: May 15, 2007, 07:36:00 pm »

That episode was awesome. I finally get your comment Rob about the two great L&L moments and one of them was not even shown on the screen. I was so confused because the episode had only just started here in the Mountain Time Zone but I was so happy when I finally realized what you were referring to.

I've very glad to hear that I vagued it up effectively.  I was so afraid that I'd give you know what away (still not spoiling it for the West Coast.  Wink  )

I was actually clapping because I was so happy. Of course, my door was closed so that my kids didn't think their mom had lost it over some "stupid" tv show (my 12 year-old's words not mine).

I am planning on calling, calling, and more calling the CW's comment line tonight, tomorrow and whenever I think of it. I gotta put those unused cell phone minutes to good use.

Okay I am off to read other people's comments about the episode and make my first calls to the comment line.

Keep fighting the good fight everyone.

Yes!  Keep calling, calling, calling!  Although it might just be busy all night, spread the number of the main comment line 1-818-977-6878. Spread the word by email, tell them about Operation: Daisy Duke.  (If anybody posting here is new and wants to know what I'm talking about, Operation: Daisy Duke, the do-it-yourself daisy campaign, I'll post it again in the morning, but meanwhile, you can go to my update of it this morning about 5 pages back at:  http://www.gilmoregirls.org/forum/index.php?topic=6630.4830

-- Rob

--------------------------------
Season 8:  Just because Beethoven never finished a certain legendary symphony doesn't mean that The CW should leave Gilmore Girls that way.

(Geez, these references are getting harder to think up.)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 07:45:21 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
Imawl4GG
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: May 15, 2007, 07:48:44 pm »

i voted and went back 2 c if it would let me again and it did. i voted about 50 times and the percentage went up a little bit so if you can try to do this!!
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: May 15, 2007, 07:50:26 pm »

I was seriously thinking of giving up on the MANDATE.
But thanks Rob for putting some sense into my head!

I'm going to fight like no other.
*fight face*

love is blind so you didn't see me.
gimoregirls1992ab
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 2

Oy with the poodles already!

View Profile
« Reply #4897 on: May 15, 2007, 07:50:58 pm »

i think the ending tonight sucked...quite frankly, no closure...none...

It's hard to wait around for something that you
know might never happen but its even
harder to give up especially when its
everything that you ever wanted....
neverapuff
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4898 on: May 15, 2007, 07:55:23 pm »

I think the little "thank you" 5 second blurb at the end was supposed to an homage to the show and the fans; it was pathetic. I'm definitely going to keep calling; and more letters. I canot wait for the Upfronts now.

SerenitylovesGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #4899 on: May 15, 2007, 07:56:48 pm »

Please everyone keep in mind that the CW/Dawn will get more from our efforts after gilmore girls is over than she will now. If she sees how much we are still devoed to gg then maybe she will bring it back. Like some have posted lets keep going till after this summer. This will show who and how many truly are devoted to GG. Keep up the efforts.
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

View Profile
« Reply #4900 on: May 15, 2007, 08:01:32 pm »

I sent out letters today - Lauren, Alexis, Ostroff, Rosenthal, Scott, Matt, Ed, and Kelly. 

I've made up some postcards -- relatively big, "notice me!" postcards.  They're about 7.5 inches across.  I put the logo that you guys have had on the website.  On the back, there is a sizeable portion to write whatever is necessary, then the right side has a heart where the address can be put and it says above it "Sent with love and hope to ..."  Next to the stamp box it says "Even without proper postage, this show delivers," (from Swan Song).  At the bottom of the card it says "We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do." (Slightly tweaked from the Sam Phillips song that was in episode 1.02, The Lorelais' First Day at Chilton.)  Would anyone like me to upload these to my Photobucket and post a link so they could use it as well, for anyone who just wants to say a quick few things? 

Smiley

I'm so impressed by everything you guys are doing!  Smiley

Would anyone like to pool resources with me and go in on some daisies?

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #4901 on: May 15, 2007, 08:04:13 pm »

I think the little "thank you" 5 second blurb at the end was supposed to an homage to the show and the fans; it was pathetic. I'm definitely going to keep calling; and more letters. I canot wait for the Upfronts now.

Exactly.  Keep calling the comments line -- have a BIG! smile every time you hear that it's full. Maybe even look forward to hearing that the voicemail is full every bit as much as you look forward to getting through.  Getting the Full comment means that they're still getting slammed by Gg fans -- so it's actually great great GREAT news!

-- Rob

-------------------
Season 8:  Because Lor and Luke's storyline didn't even work as deliberate NON-closure, much less as closure.  Same as with Lor's storylines with Richard and Emily.  And that conspicuously missing opening-credits character (and I'm not talking Logan) -- unforgivably missing.
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #4902 on: May 15, 2007, 08:28:51 pm »

I keep calling it too!
It make me feel better.

love is blind so you didn't see me.
neverapuff
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4903 on: May 15, 2007, 08:41:44 pm »

I'm calling right now; in case you need the number, check out my sig, it's awfully handy...

And, Rob, I don't get your line about the opening credits thing--

edit- ok, so it's almost 4 hours after the show first aired on the East Coast and the mailbox thing is still full and not letting me through at all...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 08:43:41 pm by neverapuff » Logged

Lauren xx 424
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4904 on: May 15, 2007, 08:49:41 pm »

i will definitely be calling in tomorrow! its midnight over here and i didnt get to watch the episode till now..and im still a hysterical wreck Sad i cant stop crying.

i am now motivated more then ever to get a season 8. dont get me wrong, that was a kick butt episode! i loved it so much, could be one of the best..but i just wish i could have worked up to saying goodbye. its just like all the sudden, bam! your favorite show done.

at 1:40 pm tomorrow (when im out of school), i will be in full mandate mode!

*Lauren*

7.24.05 // 7.03.06 // *7.04.06* // 7.06.06 // 2.17.07 // 2.18.07
Kelly Clarkson && Gilmore Girls = Love Pleased

Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: