The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 06:35:25 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1733853 times)
Luv2CGG
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

I heart GG!

View Profile
« Reply #4875 on: May 15, 2007, 04:50:42 pm »

I just want to say a quick hi to all the GG fans before the final episode airs. We are all disappointed by this loss, and it's hard
to find any comfort or hope in our sadness for the show ending, but we put up a great effort with this campaign.

Gilmore Girls is the best show on TV and has so many wonderful and funny moments that I will forever remember.
I'll miss the pop culture references, Stars Hollow, the quirky characters, mother/daughter bond, emily vs. lorelai, luke 'n lorelai, sookie, paris, lane, kirk, taylor, jess, dean, and the countless other chacters that made this show one of a kind.

May this show live on in reruns and on DVDs!!!

OY WITH THE POODLES ALREADY...........COPPERBOOM!

Razzlefrat!
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

coffee, coffee, coffee

View Profile
« Reply #4876 on: May 15, 2007, 04:57:56 pm »

AOL just popped up in my face and was "SAY GOODBYE TO GILMORE GIRLS!"
Gah.
Rub it in!

I have to prove them wrong.
Keep fighting!
Wahh...i saw it too!

WE MUST PROVE THEM WRONG!

but JIK...do we have our tissues ready? 4 minutes and counting from where i stand... Undecided

Literati <3

/\ by Razzlefrat!
asense0fhope
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 0

WE WONT GIVE IN TIL WE SEE A WEDDING!

View Profile
« Reply #4877 on: May 15, 2007, 05:01:45 pm »

i'm about to cry and so far all i've heard is "previously on gilmore girls.."

this is awful.

get your Kleenex out.

OY WITH THE POODLES ALREADY!
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #4878 on: May 15, 2007, 05:08:36 pm »

Thanks for posting this.  I voted!  Smiley

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
asense0fhope
Town Troubadour

WE WONT GIVE IN TIL WE SEE A WEDDING!

View Profile
« Reply #4879 on: May 15, 2007, 05:57:53 pm »

Now i know NONE of us could ever be accepting to the fact that this may be the last episode, and i know none of us could ever think it could be good enough due to the circumstances

but i'll tell you one things - through my tears - it's the best episode in a long time, and if it's really goodbye - then it's the best one we could have been given under the circumstances

Lauren was right  - it IS a fantastic season finale, and a really nice goodbye.

don't miss it, record it, and rewatch it as soon as it's done. =(

OY WITH THE POODLES ALREADY!
amanda elise20
Town Resident

Community Points: 5

Oy with the poodles already.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4880 on: May 15, 2007, 06:16:19 pm »

I am seriously having a panic attack...
how can this happen... we can't let this happen!
We need to prove them wrong and let them know that they can't just do this!!
omg i need to stop crying and i need to breathe.

----Java Junkie---Headliner---Foodie----
*amanda elise*

*F*A*I*T*H*

sig made by sooks... thanks!
Lauren xx 424
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4881 on: May 15, 2007, 06:18:54 pm »

obviously im going to do a lot of crying tonight Sad first being this episode and second being reba mcentire and kelly clarkson's duet of Because of You. I'm going to have a box of tissues ready.

we have got to fight this!! great 8 mandate!!

*Lauren*

7.24.05 // 7.03.06 // *7.04.06* // 7.06.06 // 2.17.07 // 2.18.07
Kelly Clarkson && Gilmore Girls = Love Pleased

khadijahnm
Town Resident

Community Points: 24

View Profile
« Reply #4882 on: May 15, 2007, 06:20:59 pm »

Thanks CathyCoffee,

I just voted on the site you posted.

Okay I gotta go, the commercials are almost over here in the MST.

Post after the episode is finished, God willing.

Gotta go.

ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #4883 on: May 15, 2007, 06:23:11 pm »

I thought that the episode was probably the greatest season finale they've had since season 4 and perhaps the best season finale they've had ever, but it's absolutely unacceptable as a series finale.  Rory's story may be done, but Lorelai's story, particularly with Luke, Emily and Richard are not done -- and moreover, without spoiling it for the West Coast, two certain plot points at the end dealing with Lor and Luke (one of them spoiled in the commercial) were, IMO, handled too perfunctorily to be acceptable for a series finale -- heck, one of the events didn't even happen on camera!

BTW, the receptionist for Paul Maguire, the President of the Network, forwards you to the CW Comment Line if you don't try to stall her for time in some way, so skip the middleman and just call the CW Comment Line at 1-818-977-6878.

-- Rob

--------------------------
Season 8:  Because WE were ambushed.
amp03
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: May 15, 2007, 06:28:06 pm »

The show haz to go on.  We can't stop here. we need weddingz with Rory n Logan (they need to find their way back to each other) n Lorelai n Luke.  We need babyz to come!!!  I vote for more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #4885 on: May 15, 2007, 06:41:45 pm »

Well, this is encouraging news . . .

I just tried to call the CW's comment line and the voicemail box is full -- the assistance line is even full (sounds like the operators don't *even* want to handle the influx of calls.)

Mind you, it's 9:40 ET/8:40 CT, so we're still in the middle of Veronica Mars as we speak, so the voicemail box issue has to be because of Gilmore Girls fans.

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because they did, in fact, screw up.
copperboom21
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #4886 on: May 15, 2007, 06:51:16 pm »

I thought that the episode was probably the greatest season finale they've had since season 4 and perhaps the best season finale they've had ever, but it's absolutely unacceptable as a series finale.  Rory's story may be done, but Lorelai's story, particularly with Luke, Emily and Richard are not done -- and moreover, without spoiling it for the West Coast, two certain plot points at the end dealing with Lor and Luke (one of them spoiled in the commercial) were, IMO, handled too perfunctorily to be acceptable for a series finale -- heck, one of the events didn't even happen on camera!

BTW, the receptionist for Paul Maguire, the President of the Network, forwards you to the CW Comment Line if you don't try to stall her for time in some way, so skip the middleman and just call the CW Comment Line at 1-818-977-6878.

-- Rob

--------------------------
Season 8:  Because WE were ambushed.

I totally agree, that was a great season finale, but it was not even close to being even a partially decent series finale. I was actually going to quote that same line that lorelai used in the show about how she didn't have enough time and she felt ambushed because I think thats how we all feel right now. I always envisioned having an entire season, or at least a large portion of a season to be prepared for the ending as I am sure we all did, not just a few weeks. Its also great that Liza, Scott, Kelly, and Edward seem upset and dissapointed that the show ended this way, at least they recognize how unfair it is to fans. After reading that I have a new found respect for them it seems that they care about the fans and what we think, I can not say that I am getting that from certain other cast members....I am not saying that it is totally their fault, but I am not getting the same understanding vibe from them, especially after Lauren said that it would be a satisfying ending for us...it was enough to satisfy me until next season, but as an ending...not even close. I really help the backlash that I am sure is going to carry over these next few days will give everyone at the CW a huge reality check.
iluvgilmoregirls!

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4887 on: May 15, 2007, 06:52:30 pm »

That is good news I hope it means something great! Smiley
Love_the_Lorelais
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

Luke + Lorelai = Love

View Profile
« Reply #4888 on: May 15, 2007, 07:01:37 pm »

wow...ok that episode is just one more huge reason to keep mandating and not give up! Perfect season finale, horrible series finale for a show thats this good! Wheres Lorelai gonna go? Rory has her job...how long will it last?!
A season 8 would fit perfectly! Don't they see it?! Lorelai at home with Luke (maybe married), Friday night dinners, and Alexis wouldn't have to be there full time cuz Rory would be in Iowa or whatever! Ugh, we have to FIGHT for our deserved ending and closure! DO NOT GIVE UP.

~Java Junkie and proud of it!~
Bill
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #4889 on: May 15, 2007, 07:08:02 pm »

That wasn't even close to being "good enough" for a series finale.. NOT in the Gilmore Girls case..    Season .. YES..

It's really time to hit them with letters and calls now..

Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: