The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 01:20:45 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1732445 times)
KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4860 on: May 15, 2007, 02:40:00 pm »

This show can't be over just yet,there are so many storylines that need to continue,Kelly Bishop,Edward Herrman,Liza Weil and Scott Paterson have said in several interviews the show is not done yet,us the fans feel that way too, please CW bring our girls back for a short (at least) 8 season.

Because we can still make it happen!

ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #4861 on: May 15, 2007, 02:47:28 pm »

A reminder:  UPN is DEAD and has been since its merger with The WB to form The CW.  The Wislhire Blvd. address for Dawn Ostroff is NOT valid.  If you sent snail mail to Ostroff at that address, please print it out again and send it to:

Ms. Dawn Ostroff, President of Entertainment
The CW Television Network
4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg 168
Burbank, CA 91522-0002

I currently have no phone number for this address.  If you can find a phone number for her office at the address listed above, please post it here ASAP

Some of The CW 's phone numbers that will come in handy to call after the episode airs tonight are:

The CW comment line: 818 977 6878

The CW main line: 818 977 2500

Paul Mcguire, President, The CW Network: 818 977 0040

Also:

SPECIAL WARNING: If you are watching shows on your local CW station this afternoon and early evening before Gg airs, close your eyes, cover your ears and run out of the room because the 30-second spot gives away a LOT more of the episode away than the 15-second teaser at the end of last week's episode.  So much for sending off Gg with the respect it deserves. Censor Wall

-- Rob

---------------------
Season 8:  Because the way that The CW is handling the situation requires it.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 02:54:29 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #4862 on: May 15, 2007, 02:58:25 pm »

Thanks for the warning Rob!!
strangejackie
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #4863 on: May 15, 2007, 03:04:13 pm »

I know this is a little off topic, but I had to tell someone and I know everyone here will understand! Today, the last day of Gilmore Girls, and I'm getting on a plane and guess who shows up! Edward Hermann! I couldn't believe it! I got his autograph and told him how much I was going to miss the show. He was so nice.
Love_the_Lorelais
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

Luke + Lorelai = Love

View Profile
« Reply #4864 on: May 15, 2007, 03:05:34 pm »

I hated the promo at the end of last week's ep. I didn't wanna see them kiss! Argh, well I don't watch the CW anytime besides GG time.

Anyway, I forget if I already said this here, but I belong to TV.com and they have nice sized Gilmore Girls forum. So I posted Operation Daisy Duke over there....they didn't go for it. Most of them say "its time to move on. let it go," but I'm not letting it go! Then some of them wanted to know how many daiseys were sent and stuff, but didn't want to send any themselves. So as far as the people at Tv.com...I don't think they're into the idea. Atleast I tried! And I certainly am not giving up!

BTW - when we call the CW, do we just tell them how much we love GG? Or what? Sorry I'm a little behind on that.
*strangejackie - YOU ARE SO LUCKY!!! Gaaahhhh!!  Shocked

~Java Junkie and proud of it!~
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #4865 on: May 15, 2007, 03:12:19 pm »

StrangeJackie- That is so cool!! 

Hey rob- what do you think of Alexis not saying anything about the cancellation?  Do you think its just Alexis being Alexis?  Or do you think she didnt want to come back?
KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4866 on: May 15, 2007, 03:12:58 pm »

I know this is a little off topic, but I had to tell someone and I know everyone here will understand! Today, the last day of Gilmore Girls, and I'm getting on a plane and guess who shows up! Edward Hermann! I couldn't believe it! I got his autograph and told him how much I was going to miss the show. He was so nice.

Wow you are so lucky!! Did you have the chance to tell him that we are not happy at all with no season 8..or anything like that?

By the time the show is over in the US, it will be like 4-5am in here (Basque Country) so I won't be able to call the CW..so please those who can please don't hesitate, it's a good opportunity to let them know it can't be over. Also tell everyone around you to watch the show in order to have a massive spectators...we can do it.
Night night everyone.

Frannie530
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

View Profile
« Reply #4867 on: May 15, 2007, 03:14:51 pm »

Just joined the forum today.  Love the Gilmore Girls.  Hate to see it end like this.  
I don't know if these have  been mentioned in previous posts but here are a few ideas.  

Write to Master Card. On the CW Website they are sponsoring a contest with the CW to win a trip to LA to visit the set of Gilmore Girls. It began in the beginning of April and ends June 5th.  It does say somethingl in the rules like if due to unforeseen circumstances things may change.
Their website with contact information is:
[/http://www.mastercard.com/us/company/en/general/contact_us.html]

The CW is a joint venture of Warner Bros. and CBS Corporation.  Besides writing to Warner Brothers it might be helpful to send an e-mail to the CBS Corporation noting concerns about ending the series.

[/http://www.cbscorporation.com/index.php]

Hope I put the links in right.

Keep up the good work!

Fran

CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #4868 on: May 15, 2007, 03:19:01 pm »

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Thats amazing!
I just got his signed picture, but meeting him?!
Wow, I'm jealous!
You get a snarkastic point.
And now you get a prettystick because you saw ED HERRMANN!

I'm done now.

Does anyone have the East Coast CW number???

Edit/// I found it!
Main Phone: 202-965-5050

This was DC's number, but I'm sure anyone can use it.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 03:23:19 pm by CathyCoffee » Logged

love is blind so you didn't see me.
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #4869 on: May 15, 2007, 03:33:59 pm »

StrangeJackie- That is so cool!! 

Hey rob- what do you think of Alexis not saying anything about the cancellation?  Do you think its just Alexis being Alexis?  Or do you think she didnt want to come back?

I think Alexis was just being Alexis.  She doesn't do a lot of press anyway, even compared to the relatively quiet Graham.  Alexis is, however, going to be doing Letterman (dirty!) on Friday night, the 25th.  So we'll hear *something* from her soon.

Love_the_Lorelais  

Anyway, I forget if I already said this here, but I belong to TV.com and they have nice sized Gilmore Girls forum. So I posted Operation Daisy Duke over there....they didn't go for it. Most of them say "its time to move on. let it go," but I'm not letting it go! Then some of them wanted to know how many daiseys were sent and stuff, but didn't want to send any themselves. So as far as the people at Tv.com...I don't think they're into the idea. Atleast I tried! And I certainly am not giving up!

Off the top of my head, I think that at least a couple of dozen shipments of daisies have been sent by individuals -- and that's just the ones that posted to this thread -- and including me, FINALLY.  Got mine out this afternoon to time it for tomorrow.  Most of the arrangements that have been sent are in the $40 range, which means arrangements of 2 or 3 dozen daisies per vase.  Some of the posters have sent daisies to Lauren and Alexis instead of or in addition to Dawn Ostroff.

Heidi also pooled together three large, gorgeous daisy arrangments (somewhere around $150 each) with other fans via her PayPal account and sent them to Dawn Ostroff and to Lauren and Alexis.

This, of course, does not include anyone who might have sent daisies on their own or might buy them tonight through FTD.com, 1-800-flowers.com and other national flower network websites, a method that I encourage anyone and everyone to do if they haven't sent daisies in yet.

Also, if you mention that, stress that that's just an estimate of the arrangements that were sent by individuals on gg.org.  This, of course, does not include anyone who might have sent daisies on their own or might buy them tonight through websites or who might have posted to another forum that they sent daisies to Ostroff.  

Finally, Love_the_Lorelais, don't give into the ones over at TV.com who just say let it go.  They're just wallowing, they've given up.  Encourage the ones who are interested to call the phone numbers, send snail mail and send the daisies.  

There's always the chance that if a new show is less-well-received at the Upfronts on Thursday than the CW expected, that they might be forced by the advertisers to change their mind and go back to the drawing board, even to reconsider uncancelling Gg if they haven't already done so, so buying daisies on Wednesday for Thursday delivery will still help.  Don't know the address of wherever the Upfronts are happening, but if someone were clever enough and daring enough, they could figure out a way to send daisies directly to the network at the Upfronts on Thursday, during their presentation

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because it's only hopeless if you believe that it's hopeless.  Otherwise, get off yer butt an' do somethin' about it!   Grin
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

View Profile
« Reply #4870 on: May 15, 2007, 03:44:47 pm »

http://www.savemyshow.com/shows/gilmoregirls.htm

I don't know if we did this poll.
But I'll post it anyways.

Something else to do.  Cool

Luv2CGG
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

I heart GG!

View Profile
« Reply #4871 on: May 15, 2007, 04:06:56 pm »

WOW! That's funny timing. What did he say?  He seems like a nice guy, from the interviews we've seen.

neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4872 on: May 15, 2007, 04:20:10 pm »

I just wanted to say how much I love KB and LW for being honest about GG's sham of an ending... and that I can't believe that I have to face the music in 40 minutes... Cry

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

View Profile
« Reply #4873 on: May 15, 2007, 04:23:10 pm »

AOL just popped up in my face and was "SAY GOODBYE TO GILMORE GIRLS!"
Gah.
Rub it in!

I have to prove them wrong.
Keep fighting!

Bill
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #4874 on: May 15, 2007, 04:30:02 pm »

Only about a half hour to go for us in the Central Time Zone.

I am having a hard time getting excited for tonights episode..
Kind of a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach..

Take Care All.
Let's hope the efforts of so many of you will get us a season 8.

Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: