The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 12:41:53 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1734263 times)
TheRealRoryGilmore
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #4845 on: May 15, 2007, 11:57:12 am »

It is a sad Tuesday, indeed.  Sad What's even more sad is that if you look on Google Earth now they have all these little icons to click on near the WB lot and one of them says, "Lorelai's House."  They can't take our GG away!!!  Cry
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #4846 on: May 15, 2007, 11:57:33 am »

Thank you guys for posting the newest articles. I just can't believe how wrong this whole thing is. Almost everyone has admitted by now that the series finale is not a satisying one and that another 13-episodes-season would bring closure.
Too bad we haven't heard anything from Alexis yet, but she'd probably say the same thing as Lauren - which is a bit more different from what everyone else has said so far (concerning the finale).

[...]

@Rob ... Special thanks to you for all your comments and links to this thread on tvguide.com .. I followed the discussion after the S.P. interview was posted and people were not that nice - so *prettystick* Smiley

Thanks for the prettystick, divine!  I needed some cheering up after contributing to that thread.

One point about Lauren's exit interview with Ausiello (I mean, besides totally ignore her interview with Ellen, which done so fast after the interview and was so brief that it can be dismissed as almost nothing but spin -- except for her being perturbed by finding out about the cancellation by phone at a restaurant):

Lauren actually isn't happy with the cancellation, either.  She's clearly exhausted when she did the interview with Ausiello (which is true of most lead actors in a TV series at the end of a season), but she also states that she wasn't expecting the show to be cancelled and she lets out a Freudian slip about going out and do auditions again.  (No actor looks forward to the prospect of having to do auditions, so the fact that she mentions them is another clue that she's not happy about the cancellation.)

The big question mark is Alexis, but even Lauren stated in Ausiello's interview that Alexis has really, genuinely been interested in coming back to the show dependent on addressing both her and Lauren's concerns about exhaustion and scheduling.

To go into these points further, my analysis of Lauren's exit interview with Ausiello (it's long!) is available at:

http://www.gilmoregirls.org/forum/index.php?topic=6630.msg325927#msg325927

and my analysis of Scott's exit interview with Ausiello (it's shorter!, with a bonus point about something I missed from Lauren's exit interview) is at:

http://www.gilmoregirls.org/forum/index.php?topic=6630.msg328911#msg328911

(These are more for other people's benefit rather than your's, divine, as I know you've read them.)

IOW, I think it's going to be possible (tough, but possible) to get Lauren and (the tougher one) Alexis back should they be approached about uncancelling the show.

-- Rob

--------------------
Season 8:  Because, to reiterate, It's Not Done Yet.
KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4847 on: May 15, 2007, 11:58:13 am »

Okay surfing the net I've found a possible phone number for Ms. Dawn Ostroff, I found it in a Save Everwood website.
Don't know if it's the right one...but this is the one.

Dawn Ostroff
11800 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Phone: (310) 575-7000
E-Mail: dawn_ostroff@upn.com

All o a sudden, I'm listening to music, and We are the Champions by Queen is heard in my Ipod...maybe it's a sign that we will be the champions,,,and we'll get a short season 8...
I keep on dreaming,,,but who knows??
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 12:03:21 pm by KuKuLeNiLeNi » Logged

theladyjedi
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #4848 on: May 15, 2007, 12:09:38 pm »

Please forgive if any of this has been posted before.
After the program tonight please call both your local CW stations and national CW.
To find your local CW, check television listings (TV Guide, etc.) and if you have cable look on the television and the call letters should be in the corner. For example, our closest here is Cleveland, Ohio  WBNX. Check to see if they have a website. Usually just add .com.   wbnx.com   The website will have all kinds of contact information and perhaps a place to comment.
The phone number for national CW is    818- 977-2500
I got the number from WNBX. Gilmore Girls is very highly rated here. I asked if there had been calls about Gilmore Girls and the operator said there have been. I asked that comments be passed on to national CW.
Read what Rob said to do and please ask everyone you know to watch tonight so ratings will be through the roof.
               mtfbwu
          theladyjedi
Thank you Rob, Heidi, and one and all.
khadijahnm
Town Resident

Community Points: 24

View Profile
« Reply #4849 on: May 15, 2007, 12:11:06 pm »

LoveMeSomeGG reported to me that she's had some luck with these phone numbers.  Keep them handy for after tonight's episode!
Call them tonight, call them tomorrow during the day.  If Kelly Bishop is right, this only adds reasons to go on with the campaign whether Gg isn't uncancelled by Thursday or not.  (Oooo!  Double negative, sorry!

The CW comment line: 818 977 6878

The CW main line: 818 977 2500

Paul Mcguire: 818 977 0040

In addition, if anyone knows where to find a separate line for Dawn Ostroff, please post it here.  I'm going to be a little busy buying my daisies today.  So the help will be appreciated.

-- Rob

-----------------------
Season 8:  Because Kelly Bishop is my new hero!

Thanks Rob.

I just left a message on the CW comment line. I would encourage everyone to call and leave a nice message encouraging the powers that be at the CW Network to go back to the negotiating table to bring back our beloved program.

Remember, leave a pleasant yet direct message that we would like the CW network to reconsider its decision.

I wonder how many pleasant yet direct messages is too many?Huh

Lauren xx 424
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4850 on: May 15, 2007, 12:34:46 pm »

honestly, if the show ends with them kissing i will be upset. maybe if in the middle of the show they can kiss then they can be together for the last 1/2 hour or so of the show. i dont know..im just super sad right now. and now it seems ending the show right now could be the worst possible thing for this show. agh this is ridiculous! keep strong everyone!

buttt im going to get back to writing some letters and such.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 12:40:05 pm by Lauren xx 424 » Logged

*Lauren*

7.24.05 // 7.03.06 // *7.04.06* // 7.06.06 // 2.17.07 // 2.18.07
Kelly Clarkson && Gilmore Girls = Love Pleased

ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #4851 on: May 15, 2007, 12:39:22 pm »

For those of you who are new to the Great 8 Mandate Thread, Welcome!  The energy that everyone is feeling is almost tangible to me and I know that a lot of you are wondering what you can do to help try to convince the CW to uncancel Gilmore Girls.  This post is about voicemail, email and snail mail.  Here’s what you can do:

1)  SEND SNAIL MAIL.

Handwriting is fine if your penmanship is good because it's such a personal form of communication.  Otherwise, typing and signing and mailing by snail mail is the single BEST way to contact them.  They expect to be deluged with email and voicemail and that helps as far as it goes, but the amount of effort that it takes to write/type a letter on paper and send it in an envelope always  makes a bigger impression than email and voicemail and the like.  There's a rule of thumb that floats about in various media industries that every individual piece of correspondence that's written on paper and delivered by mail represents the sentiments of at least 7 other people.  So if literally tens of thousands of pieces of snailmail are received, that's going to make a MUCH bigger impact on them than electronic forms of mail.

There are various addresses you can send your correspondence to, which are posted on page 1 of the thread, but IMO, the person who has the most potential to help is IMO, the CW’s President of Entertainment, Dawn Ostroff, who is the nexus of all network realities at the CW.  She can be contacted at the following address:

Ms. Dawn Ostroff, President of Entertainment
The CW Television Network
4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg 168
Burbank, CA 91522-0002

NOTE:  Ostroff's UPN address is no longer valid because, well, UPN is dead.

Now, I have a few tips/suggestions to help make you make your letters as effective as possible:

* BE BRIEF.  Keep the length of your letter down to ONE side of ONE page, double space it and use a simple 10 or 12-point Times font.  (Arial font is hard to read.)   If your letter goes on for only one or two more lines beyond a page, don't sweat it, but the longer the letter is, the less of it they'll read before they move on to the next one.  Double-spacing is the exact opposite in print as it is online -- it's much  easier to read on paper than single spacing is -- and again, the need to be as brief as possible will make you more concise and to-the-point.  Conversely, single spacing will make you look a little wacky, especially if you go on for more than one page.

* BE BRIEF (AGAIN):  If you must single-space to get all you want on one page, skip a line between each paragraph as that will help maximize readability.  But definitely do not go over one side of one page at all.  And I'd suggest if you're going to do single-spacing your message should take up no more than 2/3rds of the page, not counting your signature.

* BE POLITE. I know that there's a lot of anger and sadness going on right now, but don't unleash any of it on the person that you're writing too (s/he may not even be responsible for what's happening to the show).  Just tell them why you like the show, the actors, the stories, how it affects you, why you think it should continue, etc.  If your letter is all tone and no substance, they won't read it.  Or maybe the first person who reads it won't pass it on to someone else at the studio or directly involved with the show.

* BE POLITE (Again):  DON'T mention the salary issues because it's not our place to address them.  Some form of "I hope that you are still looking for a solution that results in the show going on" would IMO be a great way to sidestep that issue.

2)  If you are going to send an email or leave a voice mail, that’s okay as a reinforcement of your Snail Mail, but DO NOT AS AN INDIVIDUAL FLOOD ANY INDIVIDUAL AT THE CW OR WARNERS WITH MULTIPLE VOICE MAILS OR E-MAILS.  It will do the exact opposite of what you intend because it's considered spamming and more or less harrassment.[/i]  They want to hear from as many individuals as possible.  And Snail Mail is a better way to do it than either email or voicemail because it's a tangible representation of the viewership's sentiments while electronic forms of correspondence are more abstract (because you can't hold them in your hands) and therefore easy to forget.  And remember to BE POLITE AND POSITIVE.  They already know that we're all upset, we just need to reinforce our presence in terms of the sheer number of individuals contacting them.

3) If you send mail to anyone other than Dawn Ostroff (ie:  Lauren and Alexis), I’m sure as heck not gonna try to discourage you.  Just please make contacting Ms. Ostroff your first priority.  If she gets the mail, she is sure to contact everybody else involved, including her bosses at the CW’s corporate parent companies, CBS/Paramount and Warner Brothers, as well as the actors.  (Or else they’ll hear it through the grapevine.)

4) And send them daisies.

There are several ways to contact the CW by phone, including:

5) Contact your local CW affiliate.  Time to break out the telephone book!

6) Contact ALL of these numbers at the network:

The CW comment line: 1-818 977 6878
The CW main line: 1-818 977 2500
Paul McGuire, Senior VP, Network Communications, The CW: 1-818 977 0040

If someone knows or can find Dawn Ostroff's office phone number, please post it here ASAP.

7) As of this writing, the only IMO reliable way to contact Lauren Graham or Alexis Bledel without going through the studio is through snail mail is to their  managers/agents' addresses:

Lauren Graham
c/o John Carrabino Management
100 North Crescent Dr.
G-400
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Alexis Bledel
c/o Flutie Entertainment
6500 Wilshire Blvd
Suite 2240
Los Angeles, CA 90048

If someone knows or can find phone numbers for these addresses, please post them here ASAP.

Cool There is no 8.  That's the point.

9) Could someone please let me know if any of this information has been posted to FanForum's Gilmore area as I've heard that it's become a bit heated or active or whatever over there.  I'm spread so thin in the number of places that I post to that I have to draw the line for my own sake right now.  I need the help!  (And I need help, but that's a totally different thing.   Mario Jester Bam Pow  Clover Pizza  Hockey puck, rattlesnake, monkey monkey, underpants!)

10) Spread the word as far and as wide as you possibly can -- not just today, but tomorrow and Thursday and even thereafter for as long as it takes to get a yes toward revival.  Whisper Whisper Whisper Whisper  The more people we can get, the more the workload is shared and the more representative of the Gilmore fanbase we get.  Whisper Whisper Whisper Whisper

-- Rob

---------------------------
 Season 8: Pass It On!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 12:42:59 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
Billie
Town Resident

Community Points: 39

It definitely has to be Luke!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4852 on: May 15, 2007, 12:59:18 pm »

Hi there ;-)

... can't watch the finale until tomorrow either Sad  .. which annoys me more than usually cause either I'll read everything that happened here on the board tomorrow morning, or I'll have to stay away until I saw the episode (which is also not a good choice since I am already really addicted to the board *lol*).

Same here. It'll be the first time in months, that I won't read the epi-thread BEFORE I watch the episode. I'm not sure how I'll manage to stay away from here for the whole day tomorrow (I just decided to watch the finale on Thursday morning, as I'll be busy tomorrow evening....  Sad

BTW, I checked about my flower sending cause they didn't send me any receipt or something that they have been delivered and they now confirmed that they were delivered on May 8th. So if anyone still wants to send flowers, I can totally recommend www.flowermoments.com (if you're going to order there, you can use the coupon code "VIP" to get 10% off!!).

Can you tell what they charged for the delivery? And it was no problem with an Austrian sender??

Okay surfing the net I've found a possible phone number for Ms. Dawn Ostroff, I found it in a Save Everwood website.

Dawn Ostroff
11800 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90025

Did anyone try this number so far?? As my phone bills are quite low these days I guess I will afford a long-distance call...  Wink Maybe they'll be impressed if also people from overseas are calling??

JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #4853 on: May 15, 2007, 01:06:05 pm »

So I went to work this morning and it was the kind of setting for a funeral. The sky was grey and there was a cold drizzle and I pretty much felt that way throughout the day. Then at lunch I was in the break room and happened to look in the "Boston Herald" to see a HUGE pic of Lauren, Alexis, Kelly, and Ed from Rory's graduation and the title: "Goodbye Girls" it was like a knife to the gut. I actually cried out: "Oh God!".

The article begins with a little saying before the title "As the CW airs series finale, journey back to best moments of Lorelai, Rory"
Then after the title "Goodbye Girls" it reads:
"Sniff. We feel your pain.
Despite fans's pleas for an eighth season" (*cough* I wrote letters to this newspaper telling them about this *cough*) ", the CW's "Gilmore Girls" ends tonight at 8 on WLVI

Through the years, we've rooted for Lorelai (Lauren Graham) and Rory (Alexis Bledel) as if they were members of our family. In honor of this beloved series, take a look back at the best episodes:"
Then it lists the episodes with liittle synopsis. The list includes: "Rory's Birthday Parties", "That Damn Donna Reed", "They Shoot Gilmores, Don't They", "Road Trip to Harvard", "Haunted Leg", "Raincoats and Recipes", "Wedding Bell Blues", The Prog, Daughter Returns", "Friday Nights Alright for Fighting" and "Bon Voyage".

There is also a caption on the bottom corner of the picture which gives the actors names and then says: "... are like family to "Gilmore Girls" fans, who have rooted for Luke and Lorelai to reunite."

It's an article that was sweet to read however, I wish they had conveyed more about the plight for an 8th season and etc. It transitioned me from being depressed to being frusterated and determined. As I left work, the sun was shining through as clouds broke away and that was like my mood leaving work. So this is actually a good thing because now I can write an Opinion article about this article and hopefully it will be published in the paper.

Also, I love my crazy gandmother. My mother's mother puts Emily Gilmore to shame sometimes and so when she heard the "series finale" thing boy was she mad! I told my grandmother about the sending letters to Dawn thing and she got three other family members to send ones as well (however, the envelopes are all written in her handwriting so I hope they don't think she wrote them all)! I also sent flowers 2 Dawn and Lauren.

Okay, I'm out to mail my opinion letter and Proirity Mail my letter to Dawn~
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 01:08:09 pm by JillianLovesFood » Logged

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4854 on: May 15, 2007, 01:09:33 pm »

BTW, I checked about my flower sending cause they didn't send me any receipt or something that they have been delivered and they now confirmed that they were delivered on May 8th. So if anyone still wants to send flowers, I can totally recommend www.flowermoments.com (if you're going to order there, you can use the coupon code "VIP" to get 10% off!!).

Can you tell what they charged for the delivery? And it was no problem with an Austrian sender??

Hi Billie & everyone else who's interested in sending flowers. Delivery was $10.00, so after the discount I paid $ 38.69 which was about 30 Euros. No, it was no problem at all - I searched really long to find a good site where you can order from outside US and flowermoments was really comfortable. It doesn't take very long to fill out the form for the order, you have a free field where you can put in the text you want. I don't think you can pay through paypal though. I paid with a credit card, I think they take all the common ones.
If you have any other questions about the order, just PM me Wink

Modemom
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #4855 on: May 15, 2007, 01:13:37 pm »

I am devastated that my beloved GILMORE GIRLS is not going to continue.  This is the letter that I sent out to Dawn Ostroff at UPN to let her know what GILMORE GIRLS means to me:

It will be a DARK and dreary day in CW LAND starting tomorrow, once the LAST "Gilmore Girls" episode will be shown.  I can not, can not believe that a deal could not be worked out between Lauren and Alexis and CW.  

I am not your average 20-something or teenybopper fan.  I am a 49 year old mother of an almost 20 year old, who NEVER missed one single episode of "GILMORE GIRLS" with my daughter.  Before she went off to college, Tuesday nights were our nights to cuddle up in bed and see what shenanigans Lorelai and Rory were going to get into. I watched Chelsea grow up with Rory, even tho Rory is 2 years older than her on the show.  My daughter and I even have a similiar relationship to them.  We talk every day on the cell phone from college and share everything.  

Once my daughter went away to college 2 years ago, every Tuesday night at 8PM we would sit in our respective places in NC and MD and watch "Gilly Girls," as we loving call it.  As soon as the show was over we would race to see who could call who on their cell phone first to discuss what had happened in that particular episode!  We are extremely close, but it was still one more way to keep that mother/daughter bond together when 360 miles separate you.

Every Christmas my daughter got the latest DVD set of the past season of "GILMORE GIRLS." Even though I watch reruns every day at 11AM and 5PM, Chelsea and I will watch Season 6 on DVD now that she is home for the summer.

Life as we know it will never be the same. I have never been so affected and attached to a television show, like I am to "GILMORE GIRLS."  It didn't seem like a television show; it seemed like I was watching Lorelai and Rory from a distance in real life. We laughed with them, cried with them, fought with them and loved with them.  Now we will have this HUGE emotional void left in our hearts and we will never believe that there was not some way The CW could not have worked out a deal with them to continue the show.  I have watched many other CW shows, but now you have lost a loyal "customer."  I hope making money makes you that happy.

Gayle
Gaithersburg, MD
KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4856 on: May 15, 2007, 01:15:37 pm »

Dawn Ostroff
11800 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90025

I found that phone number, but Rob said that Dawn Ostroff doesn't belong to UPN anymore so I guess that, that phone number is not the one we need.

By the way Rob, I just posted your tips in Fanforum, under a Thread called: Tips to bring Gilmore Girls back...I also told them to join us in this board, so all of us fans can work together to bring the GG back.

Did anyone try this number so far?? As my phone bills are quite low these days I guess I will afford a long-distance call... Wink Maybe they'll be impressed if also people from overseas are calling??

LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #4857 on: May 15, 2007, 01:26:37 pm »

I tried the Dawn O number last week, and it didnt work.  I think that is from when the UPN still existed.  I guess Dawn doesnt want her number to be found, because ive been looking for weeks and cant find anything.
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #4858 on: May 15, 2007, 02:12:10 pm »

I'm calling WDCW in this area and getting my friends to call too.   Here's the number for anyone else in the Mid-Atlantic: 202-965-5050.  You can leave comments here, too--->  http://thecwdc.trb.com/entertainment/network/gilmoregirls/stv-gilmoregirls-board6741223,0,7847108,comments.graffitiboard
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 02:20:23 pm by ChocolatGilmore » Logged

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #4859 on: May 15, 2007, 02:26:03 pm »

aaaah Today is the day that the Gilmore's will be silenced so people get moving or they'll be silenced forever!!!
I've gone to that link and i'm gonna post a comment!!
Don't give up!!

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: