The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 04:56:56 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1732607 times)
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4815 on: May 14, 2007, 06:34:28 pm »

Blah...who cares about quality, family programming when you can have fast, easy, and cheap reality shows? Undecided Ugh, fast food has even taken over television!!! The CW is so shortsighted; I think its all about money. They don't think they need GG anymore because they're so confident in their fall lineup; GG is getting expensive, esp. since I'm sure s8 included (much deserved!) salary bumps for AB & LG, and new shows probably cost pennies in comparison.  (Although I think Rob mentioned a sci-fi type show that seemed expensive, so that's a risk on their part...) But anyhow, I think the shows they are referring to all sound pretty lame, and there are going to be millions of people who just aren't going to watch the CW at all. I will be one of those people; not because I'm planning any sort of bitter boycott, but because GG is the only reason I watch that lame channel in the first place. I actually started watching VM only because it was on right after GG this season (yes, that actually was a good idea CW), and I probably would stick with it again next year if it had the same pairing, but I'm not hooked on it enough by itself to to tune in. I hope this haughty plan of theirs blows up in their tiny little network face...

(And, aww, CathyCoffee, *prettystick* because I hope you feel better about the drum major thing.)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 06:37:19 pm by neverapuff » Logged

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #4816 on: May 14, 2007, 06:35:28 pm »

Yes.  It's almost Tuesday.  I know what it means to us all, but I just want to say to fellow fans:  Let's not accept defeat without seeing the effect of our actions.  Hang in there guys and don't give up, because tomorrow may not necessarily be the end.   Letters!   Daisies!   Emails!  Phonecalls!  Your feelings matter.   They do.  Let's continue to make our voices heard.  
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 06:43:14 pm by ChocolatGilmore » Logged

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
JillianLovesFood
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #4817 on: May 14, 2007, 06:36:16 pm »

OK so Dawn and Lauren will hopefully be receiving the daisies I sent to them tomorrow. I'm hoping to send one to Alexis for Weds. I'm also sending ANOTHER letter 2 Dawn this time by mail via Priority Mail. AND I'm working on getting other people who live around me to send letters too.

I'm also going to work on the adverstisers tomorrow since it's so late at night here right now.

Phew, I'm exhausted.

This is the first time I'm actually DREADING Tuesday night at 8.  Embarrassed I've been so miserable all day today and my mind has been one big mess. I'm just glad I managed to get some things done without too much damage.  Tongue

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #4818 on: May 14, 2007, 06:36:56 pm »

Yes, it's almost Tuesday.  I just want to say to fellow fans:  Let's not accept defeat without seeing the effect of our actions.  Hang in there guys and don't give up, because tomorrow may not necessarily be the end.   Letters!   Daisies!   Emails!  Phonecalls!  Your feelings matter.   They do.  Let's continue to make our voices heard.  

Your sig is amazing!
Did you make it?
OK so Dawn and Lauren will hopefully be receiving the daisies I sent to them tomorrow. I'm hoping to send one to Alexis for Weds. I'm also sending ANOTHER letter 2 Dawn this time by mail via Priority Mail. AND I'm working on getting other people who live around me to send letters too.

I'm also going to work on the adverstisers tomorrow since it's so late at night here right now.

Phew, I'm exhausted.

This is the first time I'm actually DREADING Tuesday night at 8.  Embarrassed I've been so miserable all day today and my mind has been one big mess. I'm just glad I managed to get some things done without too much damage.  Tongue

I'm dreading tomorrow too!
I'm hoping I can stop time, maybe go back to 11/5/00.
Could it be possible???
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 06:38:10 pm by CathyCoffee » Logged

love is blind so you didn't see me.
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #4819 on: May 14, 2007, 06:39:21 pm »

^^ lol i wish that was possible! im dreading tomorrow too...i hope that it comes back...

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #4820 on: May 14, 2007, 06:45:49 pm »

Your sig is amazing!
Did you make it?

I did... and thanks!    Smiley

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #4821 on: May 14, 2007, 06:55:35 pm »

Is anyone else wearing black tomorrow??
I'm funeral-dressing to the fullest!

Even though I have hope!

love is blind so you didn't see me.
heatherkilpatrick
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

View Profile
« Reply #4822 on: May 14, 2007, 07:45:26 pm »

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say that I've been lurking on this thread for weeks and sending out letters -- I've sent multiple letters Dawn Ostroff and David Rosenthal, and also letters to Lauren, Alexis, Scott, Kelly, Ed and Matt.  I really want to send flowers but I'm a broke college student, so I'm trying to see if my friend can get me a discount at the flower shop she works at.

Anyhow, I just wanted to say how much I love everything that everyone is doing -- this dedication is the kind of thing that will save Gilmore Girls, I really believe that.

-Heather

We don't know how to say goodbye to you, we're not good at things that we don't want to do. (So we won't.)
"It's unfortunate that, I think, a lot of those fans are going to think there isn't closure," says Liza Weil. "Hopefully, there won't be toilet paper in the trees of all the writers."
robinmac
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #4823 on: May 14, 2007, 07:56:09 pm »

Quality TV for next year. It better not take the Tuesday timeslot. This casting call is on the CW website.
This casting call is on the CW website. How horrible. I hope it doesn't take the Tuesday timeslot: Can you say quality programming:

Mail in your application NOW for the brand-new CW Reality Show Farmer Wants A Wife!

LADIES: Are you Single, Sexy, Fun Loving, ready to be swept off your feet by a perfect gentleman and taken on a whirlwind romance?
GENTLEMEN: Are you a farmer who is a fun good-ole-boy AND able to charm the ladies?

Send in your applications today for the casting of “Farmer Wants a Wife!”
Click here to learn how to apply.

Olivia603
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #4824 on: May 14, 2007, 08:19:23 pm »

I'm interested in contacting the advertisers. But what do I say? Any good ideas? Huh
SerenitylovesGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #4825 on: May 14, 2007, 08:29:21 pm »

I am so sad tomarrow is going to be a puffy eyed day full lots of sobs.
khadijahnm
Town Resident

Community Points: 24

View Profile
« Reply #4826 on: May 14, 2007, 09:23:30 pm »

I totally agree.

I watched the director's cut and preview for tomorrow's final episode and I began all of a sudden to get misty.

I have to make sure that I get everything done tomorrow early so that I can watch the show uninterrupted. I already told my kids that unless one of them is bleeding "profusely" I don't want to be disturbed from 7 pm to 8 pm MST. Most of my friends already know that I don't answer the phone during that time either.

For some unknown reason I have been humming the theme song all day long. I am hoping that tomorrow night's episode is worthy of the show. I know it seems a long shot but I still have some hope!!!!!

I am going to try to write some advertisers tonight and/or tomorrow in hopes of giving them yet another voice in the fight to save GG.

No one can say that Gilmore Girl fans don't have heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #4827 on: May 14, 2007, 09:44:36 pm »

I never thought of it that way. I am still really sad about tomorrow but now we will always know that Luke and Lorelai are together. I keep saying I am going to vote on teavee thing but I just can't find the time hopfully I can try to do it tomorrow but great job to the rest of you I remember when GG was like in 18th place or something so good job! I hope I can join soon Smiley
Yeah, I side with you on the L&L thing. I just wish we could see them get married. I think its what we all want. =]

Or at least stable.

This isn't the thread for it, but I don't think they should get married.  I think they should boink like bunnies and have twins, but married?  Not so much.  OTOH, if I were to do a pitch for a real series ending at the end of s8, I definitely have something in mind for how I would do it that would make everybody happy by turning practically everything on its head and technically still not be a marriage.

so once the episode is over tommorow we cant get a season 8? is that true? or over the summer if we keep sending stuff they might give in..?
no, it's not really true that after the episode tomorrow we can't get a season 8! as rob said before, it happened several times that shows got uncancelled long time after being finished, so there's still hope for us! so keep on fightig for GG!!!  Wink

While I would at this time hate to put a specific date on it (although I'm aiming for August 31st anyway), the Farscapers actually persisted with their campaign for *months* after the supposedly-last episode of that series aired.  Four months or so later, they got news of the miniseries.  Similar thing with the Browncoats and Firefly/Serenity, although they achieved that through word-of-mouth on the DVD set.  (Which reminds me -- if you don't already have Firefly or its series-capping theatrical movie, Serenity, go get 'em!  Wink  )  While I certainly wouldn't promise anything -- the show *is* still technically cancelled, any persistence throughout the summer, if it was organized enough and big enough could conceivably result in some sort of continuation of the show.  13-episodes, 8-episodes, whatever.  Likely anything but a 2-hour movie.  There are a *lot* more possible ways to make it happen from a strictly business standpoint than there would have been even a few years ago.  All that matters is convincing The Gals, Warner and The CW (and maybe not The CW) to get to the negotiating table again and figure something out.  We prove that we're big enough an audience, we work at it, and it can happen.

However, I'm not kiddin' ya, the *easiest,* fastest route to getting the show uncancelled is what we do in the next three days -- and now that it's only three days until the Upfronts, that means that in just this initial phase, we need to use the fastest means possible to get our point across:

1) Watch Gilmore Girls, get everybody you know to watch Gilmore Girls.   The rise in 7th Heaven's ratings for its season finale last year got it uncancelled.  Since Gg's ratings stayed consistent this year rather than declined immensely over the course of the season like 7th Heaven's did the entire season before it was cancelled and then uncancelled, a significant spike in the ratings could get them to think again, "We've got to do this.  Gg still brings in nearly twice the number of viewers that VM does and no amount of money saving is going to bring viewers lost from the loss of Gg back because, frankly, VM can't retain any show's viewership."

2) Find out your local CW station's phone number and call it right after Gg has aired.  Tape Veronica Mars, tape House, have your telephone standing by and get ready for some busy signals when you dial.

3) When you're done calling your local CW station, call the CW network.  If there's a national phone number we can call for the CW, somebody please post it -- my brain is fried right now.  (Believe it or not, I don't have a local CW station because I live out in the country -- I'm even on dial-up, so I'm a-gonna have to call the network's phone number.  Either that, or make a long-distance call to KTLA, one of the channels I get the CW on through Dish's Superstations package.)

4) If you can, please organize phone-calling campaigns.  Make sure that you all call from separate numbers so that you register to them as an individual viewer and not a single person who's phone-spamming.

In an effort to 1) not double post and 2) to get this reminder out early enough, I've come back during the night to add:

Welcome!  It’s time for another installment of . . .

Operation:  Daisy Duke.

episode 11:  The Battle of the Umlauts the Bulge (Dirty!)  the Lorelais!"

In which we send real daisies to Dawn Ostroff, President of the CW (address later in this post) in order to urge her to work one last time with Lauren and Alexis to revoke the cancellation of Gilmore Girls.

TODAY’S GOALS for “Operation: Daisy Duke” is to STRONGLY encourage those viewers who want to send daisies to Dawn Ostroff on their own to order and send a bouquet of daisies to her on TUESDAY OR WEDNESDAY in honor of Gilmore Day and in time for the Upfronts and  2) to stock up on the rest of your Gilmore Girls DVD at the Mother's Day prices that such stores as Wal-Mart and Target may still be selling them at. (FTR, some local Wal-Marts may still have Lauren's movie "Because I Said So" available in a two-pack with Topher Grace's "In Good Company" for $20, which is a way good deal, too.

Without further adieu, I present to you “Operation: Daisy Duke.”

1)  Why "Operation:  Daisy Duke"?  Because it just wouldn't be a Save Gilmore Girls campaign without a funny pop culture reference coming from left field.  The show has made some very amusing equations between Lorelai and the hottest Dukes cousin, including having Lorelai drive a jeep (just like Daisy did), having Lorelai wear Daisy Dukes to her meeting with Headmaster Charleston on Rory's first day at Chilton, because Stars Hollow is the set where Hazzard County used to exist and because the exterior of Lorelai's house is the exterior of Uncle Jesse's house.  And because the many ironies inherent in the show's premise strongly suggest that we'll have better luck than Max did with his daisies.

2) It's time to double our resolve, not to give in!   Lauren's exit interview with Michael Ausiello at TV Guide does NOT mean that all is lost -- she didn't think it was going to end this year and didn't seriously plan for it as much as braced herself for it.  Scott Patterson said in no uncertain terms in his exist interview with Ausiello that while he is happy with the season finale, he is not happy with it becoming the series finale.  Moreover, Farscape got its four-hour miniseries LONG after the show was cancelleld.  Firefly's "Serenity" epilogue was greenlit LONG after that show was cancelled -- and that became a theatrical movie.  Not saying that Gg would go to the big screen, but the perseverance of these show's fandoms BEYOND their shows' so-called endings resulted in proper endings for those shows.

3)  There are many sources from your local florisst to the internet through which you can send daisies to Ms. Ostroff.  Two of the biggest online alternatives include FTD.com and, 1-800flowers.com, both of whom operate national delivery services through local florists anyway.  Many of the online florists only promote $40 vase arrangements of daisies, which may be beyond a Gg fan's budget.  A dozen daisies would likely come in a typical cellophane wrap if they're bought by the stem.  Order the daisies in the way that is best for you. 

4) Send yellow daisies ONLY because that's the color of Lorelai.  If whoever you order from is out of yellow daisies (unlikely, but still . . .) then, sure, go with white daisies, but Yellow is the color.

5) Send your daisies to Dawn Ostroff at the following address: 

Ms. Dawn Ostroff, President of Entertainment
The CW Television Network
4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg 168
Burbank, CA 91522-0002

6) DEADLINE: EVERYDAY is the official deadline. Any day that Daisies or letters or voicemails or email arrive between now and the Upfronts on the 17th (and even beyond) WILL still help!

7)  You can, of course, send small message cards with your bouquet.  The rule is this:  BE POLITE AND POSITIVE.  Do NOT write anything like "I hate you because you cancelled Gilmore Girls!" or "I'm sad that you cancelled Gimore Girls" or "I won't watch The CW ever again unless you uncancel Gilmore Girls."  I totally understand, respect and even share those feelings, but, after all, it's not something that Lorelai or Rory would do in this situation.  Instead, write something like "Please renew Gilmore Girls!" or "Please uncancel Gilmore Girls" and sign it with at least your name and address so that they know how far Gg's fanbase has spread throughout the country and the world.

Cool  There is no 8 yet.  That’s the whole point.

9) Please post to this thread when you've sent a bouquet.  Even one hundred bouquets of just a dozen daisies sent to Ms. Ostroff will surpass the 1000 mark of daisies from LD&T and I am sure that we'll send a lot more than that.

10)  I AM SPREAD TOO THIN!  Please spread the word of "Operation:  Daisy Duke" around to other MBs and forums that have enthusiastic Gilmore supporters.  Some of the obvious boards are FanForum (I"ve heard they're very mad over there), the cwtv.com lounge and E!, (I've posted it to TwoP).  Spread the word to even non-Gg boards if you know Gg fans there..  If you recruit at any other forum, please post here with which one you posted at so that we get an idea of how it's spreading and so that we don't duplicate the news too often (no more than once per day).  We don't want to annoy people, especially since there are people who post to multiple MBs.  But still, let us know which MBs it gets posted to and provide a link to this here Great 8 Mandate thread or even copy this entire post to that forum.  NOTE:  Some forums do not like to have a manifesto (or whatever) like this posted at their website, especially not by newbies.  Please participate in their conversations and just post a link to this page when you've got the opportunity.

Let's spread the word!

-- Rob

---------------------
Season 8:  Because the preview monkeys let a certain scene out of the bag, so now we MUST have an unspoiled series finale as just compensation.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 01:39:21 am by ShutUpRob » Logged
purpleflippers
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #4828 on: May 15, 2007, 04:30:56 am »

.....I'm sad.......

Embarrassed Cry
smallactor5
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #4829 on: May 15, 2007, 08:15:40 am »

I definitely spent an hour on the phone with my mom last night crying because I can't watch the finale with her tonight.  I'm waiting another month to watch the last two episodes; it's just not right to watch them without my Lorelai Gilmore.
I am so not ready to say goodbye to a show that has been a huge part of my life for the past six years, and to have such little time to prepare for the farewell makes it even harder.  It is definitely true what it says on the homepage: once the Gilmore Girls are in your life, they're in your life forever.
There's still hope, I know, and it kills me that we've had so little time to organize, to really work to convince the CW, but I'm not giving up, even though I am trying at the same time to bring myself to terms with what's happened.  I've laughed with the girls, I've cried with them.  Though they'll soon be gone, I know they will never be forgotten.
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: