The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 12:04:57 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1766201 times)
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #4755 on: May 12, 2007, 06:18:09 pm »

Much like that of Caryn's recent post here, I too sounded a little final when posting my last post within this amazing mandate thread. I didn't mean that I would stop trying to fight for what we all so dearly love! I just sent off some letters to the advertisers and will continue to look down the list and write, write, write! I have sent another e-mail along with hard copy of a letter to Dawn as well. I have my flowers picked out and am purchasing them on Monday, to send to Lauren and Alexis...I'll post the pics of the flowers here later. I just wanted to show my support still and say that I'm not stopping until the very end!

While I understand why the cast may feel as they do, with the ending and being a relief and all, there's a part of me that would love to see another season if it kept Gilmore Girls alive and going strong, in an amazing way! As I've stated several times in the past, I wouldn't ever want the show to be compromised due to the lack of interest on anyone's behalf, I want the show to live strong in the hearts of everyone! But, I would love to see it continue strong if that were the case!

I'll continue writing and mandating and spreading the word! It's been amazing to see everyone's hard work, dedication, and support! And Heidi, you're amazing! Those daisys looked beautiful and I'm sure were greatly appreciated! I'm anxious to hear how the girls liked them, when they respond...because they will! Smiley Thanks for all that you do!

Here's to the GREAT8MANDATE! Pow

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
gimoregirls1992ab
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 2

Oy with the poodles already!

View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: May 12, 2007, 06:41:09 pm »

Not to get anyones hopes up, but i was reading the TV guide that we get weekly and it said "Gilmore Girls (season finale). I know it is a possibility that they either hadnt gotten the memo (unlikely, but possible), or they had it printed before the announcement (also unlikely, considering its been almost 10 days and that means another guide has come out between the time of the announcement and the time that this edition came out, meaning they would have probably made corrections to this edition if it really is cancelled).

Even if this is true, i think we should keep mandating until (like shutuprob said) August 31st.

It's hard to wait around for something that you
know might never happen but its even
harder to give up especially when its
everything that you ever wanted....
gg4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 4

I Heart Rory

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4757 on: May 12, 2007, 07:19:04 pm »

Gilmore Girls just moved up another spot to #3 at teavee.com poll!!   We moved two spots today!!  Thank you very much for supporting our girls and please continue to shower them with votes when you can!! Our goal is to keep Gilmore Girls in the Top 3 for the rest of May!! GO GILMORE GIRLS!!  Smiley

Current vote total is 36879. Rank is #3. (73825 away from #2 and 60 ahead of #4)

Top 10 TV shows as of 5/12/2007, 9:20PM Central Time
1. Veronica Mars
2. One Tree Hill
3. Gilmore Girls
4. Stargate SG-1
5. Xena: Warrior Princess
6. JAG
7. McLeod's Daughters
8. Grey's Anatomy
9. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
10. Supernatural

« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 07:20:21 pm by gg4evr » Logged

CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #4758 on: May 12, 2007, 08:11:20 pm »

I got Lauren and Alexis' autographs today, and the assistant to DR wrote a letter.

"I read your letter and it is great to know you are such a huge fan! I am sorry to tell you that, unfortunately, the show is ending this year. It was up to Lauren and Alexis and they decided that they wanted to move on to something else. Be sure to tune into our finale next week, I just saw it and I think you be happy with it."
-Nicki Schultz

What to think about that???

love is blind so you didn't see me.
Bill
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: May 12, 2007, 08:31:51 pm »

I got Lauren and Alexis' autographs today, and the assistant to DR wrote a letter.

"I read your letter and it is great to know you are such a huge fan! I am sorry to tell you that, unfortunately, the show is ending this year. It was up to Lauren and Alexis and they decided that they wanted to move on to something else. Be sure to tune into our finale next week, I just saw it and I think you be happy with it."
-Nicki Schultz

I think all involved were culpable in the (soon to be reversed!!) decision to end the show.  While I don't know all the facts involved.. and I doubt I ever will... To put the entire "blame" of what has transpired on Lauren and Alexis..  is IMO.. spin... and a bit.. SH****
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

View Profile
« Reply #4760 on: May 12, 2007, 09:15:49 pm »

Here's the letter.
Thanks for the help Heidi!

TheRealRoryGilmore
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: May 12, 2007, 09:39:06 pm »

If I can ask...what was the "Something extra" that she sent you...?
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: May 12, 2007, 09:41:39 pm »

A picture of Lauren and Alexis with their autographs on it.

TheRealRoryGilmore
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4763 on: May 12, 2007, 09:47:57 pm »

lol oh, gotcha! Thanks.
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: May 12, 2007, 11:05:19 pm »

-Nicki Schultz

A couple of points:

1) Lauren and Alexis never issued a joint statement saying that they were done with the show (a move that would have given them both cover),

and

2) more importantly, Rosenthal's assistant's version of the situation doesn't even remotely resemble anything either Lauren or Scott said or even that reporters have reported (ie: that it was the CW that walked away from the table because they like the look of the pilots that they have).

Therefore, this form letter is a particularly transparent bit spin coming from Rosenthal's office.  I really enjoyed what Rosenthal did with the show this season, so to me this is some form of needless overcompensation, deflection, whatever.  Don't know who's really responsible for it, don't care, but you'd think that if it were true, it'd be more consistent with what everyone else from the show or reporting about the show is saying.  I mean, Lauren and Scott are far more coordinated in their version than Rosenthal's assistant is.  So really, it's a matter of credibility.  Umm, like, who are you going to believe, the actress herself or a production assistant?

At this point, I don't blame Alexis at all for not saying anything -- I mean, with the lack of support from the showrunner's office is appalling -- but I do wish she'd give her own interview to Ausiello despite her being very press-shy.  What we have, though, from what Lauren says, is that they were both going back and forth all year about whether or not they wanted to do a season 8 and were nevertheless in negotiations until they rejected an offer that prompted the CW itself to walk away from the negotiating table.  Thus, IMO, the PA blamethrowing a Lauren and Alexis is IMO patently unfair and kinda sounds like some of the more bitter Gg fangeeks, so I bet it's probably a result of the person being upset at the end of the show.  It's the network that walked away, it's the network we have to convince.  Heck, even if it *were* Lauren and Alexis that pulled out of the show, it's still not them that the campaigns would be directed to anyway, it'd still be the network.

-- Rob

---------------------------
Season 8:  Because I suspect I should probably try to get an autograph from Lauren's agents and not from the showrunner's office.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 11:32:15 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
Wriggles
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: May 13, 2007, 01:03:29 am »

Hi, I have been following your campaign forever but haven't had time to follow up recently. I couldn't get my paypal account verified in time so missed out on the daisy campaign. Beautiful idea btw.

Now, I've already sent letters to DO, DR, LG, and AB. I was thinking about doing it once more just to make sure they get the picture. The only question I have is, now that LG and AB is not working for WB anymore, or soon anyway, would they still get their mail if we use that address? It's just because I live in Europe and it does take some time to get there.

Thanks for keeping the hope alive.

Nevermind, I just found the address' in the first post for the girls agents. Ignore me. Tongue
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 01:53:02 am by Wriggles » Logged
Baby
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

~JavaJunkie~ & ~Literati~

View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: May 13, 2007, 02:47:55 am »

can someone post the link to the interview with scott that everyone was talking about?? ...thanks!!!

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Exclusive-Q38a-Gilmore/800014859
go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: May 13, 2007, 04:46:57 am »

I agree with Rob, I think that it was the networks fault. Lauren and Alexis of course are somewhat blamable but the network was the one that announced the show cancelled instead of holding out a bit longer, it's their fault the show is cancelled right now. Clearly Lauren and Alexis would have come back if they were offered something they were interested in which is why they stayed in negotiations for so long! They would have come back if the right offer was given to them but the network gave up too fast. I think DRs assistant is just bitter that he/she is out of a job and needs to place blame on someone so she decided to place it on the girls.

Bobby thats great that you guys moved up 2 spots today! Nice work Smiley

Junkie yes some of the actors/actresses do have projects lined up but if GG came back, GG would be their first priority. Even if Mellisa McCarthy didn't have a pilot lined up, she would still be taking alot of time off from the show due to her recent pregnancy (to those who don't know, the "Sookie being pregnant with a 3rd kid" storyline was only brought to the show because MM is actually pregnant) and the pilot she has lined up for her is only a half hour and she isn't even a star in the show so she is definately able to come back, at least for a guest appearance. Even if she can't make it back, the show still could survive without her. As for Matt Czuchry, due to the recent break up of Rory/Logan, he would probably only be in the show for guest appearances anyway so even with the couple of shows he has lined up, he still would have time for GG and like I said with MM, even if he can't come  back, the show will survive. The only one we need to worry about is Scott Patterson and I don't think we even need to worry about him cause if GG came back, I'm sure he would turn down some stuff to come back.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 04:56:21 am by go_clo » Logged

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
Junkie
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

We NEED season 8! Keep on fighting! ;-)

View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: May 13, 2007, 05:05:53 am »

The only one we need to worry about is Scott Patterson and I don't think we even need to worry about him cause if GG came back, I'm sure he would turn down some stuff to come back.

You're right, I wouldn't worry about Scott neither!

Thanks for your answers Rob & go_clo!  Smiley

Love_the_Lorelais
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

Luke + Lorelai = Love

View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: May 13, 2007, 07:45:32 am »

Wow - I just read the Scott interview. Finally a straight answer about the LG/SP rumor! And if he doesn't think its a good L/L ending, its probably not. Stink.  Undecided But he seems like a really nice person! Can't wait to see him in other projects...then again, if the Mandate works then he'll be back where he really belongs.

BTW - thanks Rob for really clearing up the set situation! Reviving GG should be no problem to the studio people.

~Java Junkie and proud of it!~
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: