The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 01:06:47 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1763548 times)
xxLL4Everxx
Diner Owner

Community Points: 289

View Profile
« Reply #4740 on: May 12, 2007, 12:18:20 pm »

Where's the interview with Scott? I looked for it but couldn't find it.

EDIT: Never mind I found it! And I'm really glad Scott was disappointed about the end.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 12:36:26 pm by xxLL4Everxx » Logged

Java Junkie & Flyswatter.[/color]
Love_the_Lorelais
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

Luke + Lorelai = Love

View Profile
« Reply #4741 on: May 12, 2007, 12:18:30 pm »

They dismantled the set? I thought it was permenantly part of the town? Or did they just dismantle Lorelai's house or something...?

Anyway, keep up the good work guys! Almost everyone here is so hopeful - it makes me wanna write more letters and send more daisies! Smiley

~Java Junkie and proud of it!~
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #4742 on: May 12, 2007, 01:14:40 pm »

I really enjoyed the Scott Patterson interview (and what a really smart guy!).   I truly think he was trying to be as honest as one can be when one is leaving one job and going to another- all in the same company.  He would put something out there, and then couch it.   Ignore the "couch" and there's actually a lot of info on  how he feels.  In fact, when you read through the interview you will find some little nuggets in there.    Wink
   Two parts that stand out to me:
The mood on the set was that it had run its course. Creatively, maybe, certain cast members were bankrupt and wanted to recharge their batteries in another venue.

---and---
I don't think [Lauren and Alexis] had a choice. They chose a certain tactic and they stuck to their guns, which is admirable.  I haven't talked to either Lauren or Alexis about the situation, but I guess they just felt like the deal just wasn't good enough for them. If they felt the deal was good enough, they would've signed.

Of course, I love Lauren.  But I think Scott might be a tad bit more honest in this situation.  Not saying who's right or wrong, but... 
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 01:20:28 pm by ChocolatGilmore » Logged

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
gg4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 4

I Heart Rory

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4743 on: May 12, 2007, 01:20:08 pm »

teavee.com update!!

Current vote total is 34846. Rank is #5. (659 away from #4 and 3017 ahead of #6)

We've made great progress in the last few hours and getting closer to #4!!!  Thanks for continuing supporting our girls!!  20 days of voting left this month!! Let's shower our favorite girls with lots of love and voting!!  Voting is at 10 minute intervals, so please try to vote whenever you're online!!  Hope to see you there!! GO GILMORE GIRLS!! 

Top 10 TV shows as of 5/12/07:
1. Veronica Mars
2. One Tree Hill
3. Stargate SG-1
4. Xena: Warrior Princess
5. Gilmore Girls
6. JAG
7. McLeod's Daughters
8. Grey's Anatomy
9. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
10. Supernatural

Vote for Gilmore Girls as your favorite show and let TV executives know what fans really care about!!   http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/

ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #4744 on: May 12, 2007, 01:28:57 pm »

They dismantled the set? I thought it was permenantly part of the town? Or did they just dismantle Lorelai's house or something...?

Depends on the set -- the exteriors -- Lorelai's house, Sookie's House, Miss Patty's Dance Hall, the SH town square -- INCLUDING Luke's Diner, the Dragonfly -- all are permanent sets of the type that they'll never be dismantled, only "redressed."

Keep in mind that certain sets would be dismantled *entirely* because whether or not the show was going to be back next year, these sets weren't going to be used again -- Yale interiors *and* exteriors, Logan's apartments, Rory and Paris's apartment.  Just those three sets alone account for somewhere around 40-50% of the sets.  So there was/is going to be a lot of dismantling anyway.  I would not be surprised if it's these sets that people have witnessed being dismatled.

That leaves the interiors -- of Lor's house, the Gilmore Mansion, Luke's Apartment, the Dragonfly.  just the stuff that would clearly still be used if the show returns.  Even if they were dismantled, it's likely that every item that's reusable was simply returned to stock.  They have blueprints, these sets can be rebuilt with minimal effort even if some items were destroyed -- remember, virtually all of these standing sets were actually built in Toronto for filming of the pilot *then* struck and rebuilt on the Warner Studio lot when Amy had the show moved to Burbank.  And on sets like this that are really contemporary rather than period or SF/Fantasy, it's relatively cheap to rebuild a set or repaint an existing set back and forth (FTR, Cold Case and Without a Trace have painted and repainted variious buildings on the same "street" that Sookie's house is on on the Studio set numerous times.  They're for the most part just facades.

IMO, as far as the concerns of set rebuilding, there couldn't be a more opportune time in the context of uncancelling the show.  Fewer sets would actually have to be rebuilt than if it were cancelled and then uncancelled at the end of any other season except season 3, where the same opportunity presented itself with the destruction of the Independence and Rory graduating from Chilton.

Moreover, most of these sets that would still be needed would be easy to reconstruct from scratch -- everything but the Gilmore mansion itself are fairly simple, small sets -- the Gilmore Mansion would take some doing, but again, that's what blueprints are for and it's likely IMO that not much of the Mansion set would be destroyed.  A lot of it is looks expensive enough or large enough that it would have to become part of the studio stock.  So I think that the expense of restoring the sets would be minimal at best.  And moreover, I think it would be likely that even if the interiors of every set that would be needed for next season were dismantled by now, Warner would likely be storing them temporarily in a *just in case* section.  Several of the Friends setpieces that *weren't* being sent to the Smithsonian were even *still* in storage outside one of the soundstages several blocks away from the Friends soundstage when I took the tour in August 2004, after the end of that show.

IOW, rebuilding/reassembling the few existing permanent sets would be one of the cheapest and easiest things to do because so much of the exteriors are never going to be torn down and a substantial number of the rest of the sets were going to be struck and never used again anyway.  So IMO, the state of the sets aren't an issue.  Never were.

-- Rob

------------------------
Season 8:  Because a studio is like an IKEA on steroids.
yelnatslp
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: May 12, 2007, 01:41:31 pm »

i remember ASP saying she knew the last 2 lines to the series finale...
does anyone know if they used it in the episode coming up?

(oh, and i wrote two letters and so did everyone in my family, were still hoping for season 8!)
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #4746 on: May 12, 2007, 02:00:57 pm »

i remember ASP saying she knew the last 2 lines to the series finale...
does anyone know if they used it in the episode coming up?

Lauren said in her interview at the Ausiello Report that she didn't even think to ask Amy about those fabled last words of the series because she didn't think the show was going to be cancelled this year.

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Lauren-Grahams-Final/800014383

-- Rob

-------------------
Season 8:  Because well, Lauren didn't think it was going to be cancelled this year.  Neither did Scott.
Gilmore_Lover
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 77

*Jenny*

View Profile
« Reply #4747 on: May 12, 2007, 03:28:59 pm »

Lauren on Ellen Degeneres.
She looked really sad.
Seemed like she was sort of missing that spark she usually has.
<3

<333 WATCH THIS--It'll change your life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4 .ONE LOVE.
molarity1983
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #4748 on: May 12, 2007, 03:33:44 pm »

Out of curiosity, what shows are looking as "promising" to add to the CW schedule? I apologize if this has been discussed before, but I was thinking that if there aren't any serious pilots out there that the CW can enivision as a good replacement, that would help the chances for Gilmore Girls being revived a la Seventh Heaven. Plus coudn't they use Gilmore Girls as a midseason replacement for shows that don't succeed (which given the recent track record of the network and their shows, I highly doubt they will be able to find a show that comes anywhere close to the ratings and fan loyalty as Gilmore Girls did) and at least have that option out there if they are unable to have it return for fall? that would ease up the shooting schedule and give a good ending to the show. Didn't they do something like this with Reba, how it wasn't going to be picked up at all but was picked up mid season?  
Junkie
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

We NEED season 8! Keep on fighting! ;-)

View Profile
« Reply #4749 on: May 12, 2007, 03:51:06 pm »

I have question: Some of the actors will start new projects soon... for example Melissa McCarthy, she will be in the new series "Sam I Am". So would it be possible for her to come back at all?

Luv2CGG
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

I heart GG!

View Profile
« Reply #4750 on: May 12, 2007, 04:00:18 pm »

I found these elsewhere, but I can't take credit....just sharing! Smiley

« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 04:07:16 pm by Luv2CGG » Logged

TheRealRoryGilmore
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #4751 on: May 12, 2007, 04:18:57 pm »

Those daisies were awesome! I'm sorry I didn't find out in time to donate money myself. I sent my letter on Thursday to Ms. Ostroff.  I put a copy of some photos of my mom and I on the WB tour from last year, with the hopes that we could visit the Gilmore set again NEXT year.  Cool
gg4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 4

I Heart Rory

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4752 on: May 12, 2007, 04:23:51 pm »

Gilmore Girls will ALWAYS be #1 in our hearts!!  Incidentally, Gilmore Girls just moved up a spot to #4 at teavee.com!!  And we're not that far from #3!! So if you have the time, please stop by and shower votes of love for our girls!! Thanks everybody for supporting Gilmore Girls!!  GO GILMORE GIRLS!!  Smiley

Current vote total is 35853. Rank is #4. (382 away from #3 and 154 ahead of #5)

Top 10 TV Shows as of 5/12/07, 6:20PM CT
1. Veronica Mars
2. One Tree Hill
3. Stargate SG-1
4. Gilmore Girls
5. Xena: Warrior Princess
6. JAG
7. McLeod's Daughters
8. Grey's Anatomy
9. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
10. Supernatural

Vote for Gilmore Girls as your favorite show and let TV executives know what fans really care about!!   http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/

ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #4753 on: May 12, 2007, 04:30:05 pm »

I have question: Some of the actors will start new projects soon... for example Melissa McCarthy, she will be in the new series "Sam I Am". So would it be possible for her to come back at all?

In one of Lauren's interviews with Ausiello (or was it this week's AA), something was mentioned about Kelly Bishop suggesting that what they could do with future storylines for s8 would be to have Emily buy into the Dragonfly.  Which would automatically mean buying out Sookie's interest in it for whatever reason (perhaps Sookie decides that she can't be the Dragonfly's chef because of the, like, 3 kids).  I know that Lor and Sookie's shares in the Dragonfly are supposed to split 50/50 in theory, but I bet that on paper, it's a 51/49 split for the sake of certain economic and/or business issues, so IMO, Sookie being bought out by Emily would provide a lot of storyline regarding the Dragonfly as well as minimize MM's involvement with the show to, say, a guest appearance or two while still being able to use Jackson as the Inn's Produce Guy or as a townie whenever the show needs him.

BTW, Sam I Am is supposed to be a sitcom, so MM woud theoretically have enough time during a week to make a guest appearance or two if the other show is willing to play, or if Gg still has first position claim on her, but only claims it to write her out until the series finale of Gg.  It would also be a moot point if Sam I Am gets cancelled within its first five episodes.

-- Rob

------------------
Season 8:  Because if you're the child of a Vulcan and a Ferengi, Infinte Contracts Equal Infinite Possibilities.  (Lorelai:  "I don't date Trekkies!"   Except that dating Jason counts.)
nevaeh11084
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 11

"I just...like to see you happy"

View Profile
« Reply #4754 on: May 12, 2007, 06:00:05 pm »

can someone post the link to the interview with scott that everyone was talking about?? ...thanks!!!

"I just...like to see you happy"
<3 JavaJunkie
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: