The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 03:28:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1765245 times)
laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #4710 on: May 10, 2007, 06:27:09 pm »

I just fired off a ton of e-mails to advertisers.  Hopefully I'll get responses and I'll post them here when I do.   Smiley  I'll try to make some calls during business hours as well. 
Stillstanding
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #4711 on: May 10, 2007, 07:46:07 pm »

I know Michael likes GG, but was he really being serious about it or just messing or making fun of our emotions? I couldn't guess either way.. but what he said about the possible movie.. does that have any truth to it?  Maybe in our letters that we will all keep sending, I think we should keep sending them every week until we get some sort of answer..even throughout the summer.. maybe we could get a tv movie outta this.. I would love that.. like a movie that picks up after the series finale.. and basically goes through how Luke and Lorelai get to the married point.. I think an awesome ending would be like the ending in the movie "notting hill".. has hugh grant and julia roberts in it.. they meet each other and keep breaking eachothers hearts.. then finally get married after a long time and the end scene is them in the park.. sitting on a bench and shes lying theres pregnant.. that would be a nice ending.. makes me sad only one episode left.. I can't wait to see what Lauren does next! 

CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #4712 on: May 10, 2007, 07:55:19 pm »

i just watched the 3 minute directors cut of next weeks episode on you tube.

i'm very upset with the fact that what i saw, only looks like a regular ol' episode, nothing to the effect of a nice goodbye, which is making me very upset and angry at the same time. =(

I'm assuming this is because the cast and crew thought there'd be a Season 8 when they taped the ep.

yes, but lauren said in her interview that it would be a nice series finale, and i'm not buying it. so far it looks like we've been lied to just to make it seem like we'll all be satisfied (to the extent of how much we can be satisfied without our girls coming back) and i'm thinking we won't be =(

now we need to fight even harder, because this is not the way it should end.

She probably just said that, because what else COULD she say?
That it was a bad ending?
Then people wouldn't watch it.

Aggravated again!!!

Annnnddd... I have news!
I got a signed picture of Ed Herrmann and it said, "Dear Kelly--Thanks for all the reasons for liking "Gilmore Girls". We liked it too! With sincere good wishes ---Edward Herrmann"

EXCITING! Sorry it had nothing to do with the G8M, I just wanted to share.

So I never understood when the mandate is over. May 17th, or the end of the month?

love is blind so you didn't see me.
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #4713 on: May 10, 2007, 08:06:32 pm »

I know Michael likes GG, but was he really being serious about it or just messing or making fun of our emotions? I couldn't guess either way.. but what he said about the possible movie.. does that have any truth to it?  Maybe in our letters that we will all keep sending, I think we should keep sending them every week until we get some sort of answer..even throughout the summer.. maybe we could get a tv movie outta this.. I would love that.. like a movie that picks up after the series finale.. and basically goes through how Luke and Lorelai get to the married point.. I think an awesome ending would be like the ending in the movie "notting hill".. has hugh grant and julia roberts in it.. they meet each other and keep breaking eachothers hearts.. then finally get married after a long time and the end scene is them in the park.. sitting on a bench and shes lying theres pregnant.. that would be a nice ending.. makes me sad only one episode left.. I can't wait to see what Lauren does next! 

Stillstanding, I don't think that either Michael or Lauren have been making light of our feelings for the show in any of the remarks either of them have made -- one of the things that sarcasm is used for is as gallows humor.  It's not an attack on anybody (except, perhaps, the network), it's an attempt to put on a brave face through sarcasm, which is IMO the most primal Lorelai-like thing to do in the situation.

-- Rob

--------------------
Season 8:  Because, well, gallows suck.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 08:09:19 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
gilmoregirls1fan
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

View Profile
« Reply #4714 on: May 10, 2007, 08:43:55 pm »

The CW wont do anything. Its the actors. They wanna stop. you have to write letters to lauren and alexis asking if they could just please do just one more season. but there to tired to go on.
gimoregirls1992ab
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 2

Oy with the poodles already!

View Profile
« Reply #4715 on: May 10, 2007, 09:52:52 pm »

those daisies look incredible, heidi

when are we mandating 'til anyways?

It's hard to wait around for something that you
know might never happen but its even
harder to give up especially when its
everything that you ever wanted....
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #4716 on: May 10, 2007, 10:06:08 pm »

those daisies look incredible, heidi

when are we mandating 'til anyways?

I don't know about anybody else, but knowing how long after cancellation it took to get a finale miniseries for Farscape and how long it took to get a finale theatrical movie for Firefly/Serenity, I think the Mandate should continue until at least August 31st.

-- Rob

PS:  I'm not kidding.

-------------------------------
Season 8:  Because sometimes, codependancy can be a good thing.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 10:09:07 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #4717 on: May 10, 2007, 10:39:48 pm »

Most of me was in the mourning stage all last week without any hope that our efforts would reach people however, if I give up on this and it DOESN'T happen, then what can I believe in? So for the sake of fighting for something I believe in with my heart and soul I keep writing and fanficting. The more depressed I get, the more I find myself reading the posts here and gaining a little bit of hope back. If we all work together and fight with all our hearts then ANYTHING is possible. Even if it seems like a lost cause who knows what might come of it? Even if it's 4 more episodes, 13 or a full 22... I strongly feel like something good might happen. I have to because if I keep on thinking "there's nothing left to believe in anymore" then I'm going to miss out on the good things in life. There's always a bright side and even if there isn't one here, we can MAKE one ourselves.

Another BTW, I stopped over at the CW boards and someone mentioned an article released in the TV Guide magazine adding that negotiation also fell because the CW was so confident about the new line up for next season they didn't have enough room to factor GG in properly. Now that is just a kick in the butt isn't it? I don't know if the CW is aware of what kind of miracles they need to perform to get their network out of the slumps but dumping GG because it won't fit into their new schedule and because they want to start to branch away from the old WB shows... it is only going to end up making things worse for them. Idiots. Really, can't another network with brains pick up Gilmore Girls or are they stuck with the CW because their studio is connected to them?

Thank-you so much Heidi for all of your hard work and determination especially with the daisy campaign. They look abosultely(sp?) breathtaking  Shocked  and I can just imagine Lauren's reaction when she saw hers. I feel guilty I wasn't able to pitch in this time  Undecided Cry and if another batch is going to be sent then I will definately dig up SOMETHING to add to it.

BTW I watched the Carson Late Night show last night and he had this segment called: "Escalator Interveiw" where someone asks questions as they're going down an escalator. One question he asked a person was: "Are You Happy Now that Gilmore Girls is Cancelled?" I was both appalled and confused at the same time. I'm not making this up either. I'm not sure but I was thinking he was waiting for a "no" response from the guy he asked but of course the guy didn't answer.
Also, thanks to ShutUpRob because really you know exactly what to say to keep spirits up. So feel free not to shut up all. Wink Cheesy

I'll swing by Teeva tomorrow to add more votes I've just been super busy the past couple of days. Tongue

Also, I'm working on my Season 7 last episode fanfic AND have ideas in the works for a Season 8 script depending on what happens in next Tuesday's finale. I'm hoping to get what I'm looking for in it so I can show what a Season 8 is supposed to look like.  Grin

Ah anyway, night everyone... sweet dreams of Season 8!  Cool
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 11:31:00 pm by JillianLovesFood » Logged

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
gillies-down under
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #4718 on: May 11, 2007, 01:14:29 am »

Coffee

Hi Guys

I'm also in for the loooooonnnngggg haul,  Its so worth it if we convince someone to give the Gilmore Girls the green light to keep going and finish this off properly.

Keep emailing, writing, and contacting sponsors.

Hopefully someone will wake up and do the right thing.

gillies-down under
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #4719 on: May 11, 2007, 01:41:02 am »

Coffee

We only have 1881 votes to make up to get to 4 in the Tee Vee poll, get voting we have caught up by more than 1000 votes since wednesday.

Get on it

http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/
trickyiu
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4720 on: May 11, 2007, 06:03:33 am »

Another BTW, I stopped over at the CW boards and someone mentioned an article released in the TV Guide magazine adding that negotiation also fell because the CW was so confident about the new line up for next season they didn't have enough room to factor GG in properly. Now that is just a kick in the butt isn't it? I don't know if the CW is aware of what kind of miracles they need to perform to get their network out of the slumps but dumping GG because it won't fit into their new schedule and because they want to start to branch away from the old WB shows... it is only going to end up making things worse for them. Idiots. Really, can't another network with brains pick up Gilmore Girls or are they stuck with the CW because their studio is connected to them?

I read the article last night in TV guide and it said actually what you mentioned, that the CW was confident about their new fall lineup that they didn't feel bringing back GG was important.  This issue of TV guide also had a section where it mentioned season and series finales not to miss and GG wasn't even mentioned but was mentioned in what to watch on Tuesday May 15th and above the description of the GG episode it said season finale and not series finale.  Also in the section where you can look up what is on TV for the week ahead it showed May 15th 8:00 GG season finale.  Can TV guide at least get it right and announce that it is the series finale!!  Tongue  What happened to the amazing sendoff that the show deserves as quoted by the CW??

Java Junkie always!  SSS, love to the sisters  Cool
laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #4721 on: May 11, 2007, 07:03:21 am »

I received a response from my e-mail to one of the advertisers already.  This was Cascade, which also makes Swiffer and that was the product I chose to reference.  Despite the fact that I mentioned in the e-mail I had contacted the network, that was her suggestion.  Wall

Hi Lauren,

I know how it feels to have a favorite show canceled.  Since it's up to
the network and not P&G to decide which shows to air, you may want to
contact them about the Gilmore Girls  Most networks have websites where
you should be able to find an e-mail or postal address for getting in
touch.

Still, we appreciate the time you've taken to let us know  how your
feel.  The way we spend our advertising dollar is very important to us and
comments from loyal consumers like you help us determine future plans.

Thanks for getting in touch.

Linda
P&G Team
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4722 on: May 11, 2007, 07:20:33 am »

I received a response from my e-mail to one of the advertisers already.  This was Cascade, which also makes Swiffer and that was the product I chose to reference.  Despite the fact that I mentioned in the e-mail I had contacted the network, that was her suggestion.  Wall

Hi Lauren,

touch.

Linda
P&G Team

Hey there Smiley

First of all, *prettystick* to you for writing them and sharing the answer with us. Although it is a bit lame to suggest something that - of course - is obvious and already taken care of, I think it's good that they answered at all. Also that she mentioned Gilmore Girls - that way she'll remember it and when more people write to this company, maybe it will start to ring inside her head *lool* (I hope u know what I mean).
The way she wrote her second paragraph shows, that she recognized what you wanted to say her in your mail / and what we all want to say with this campaign.

Again, thanks for sharing this with us!!! I am looking forward to hear form some of you, what responses (answers on telephone) they received! Wink  .. I can not participate in this one, since I am outside U.S., but BIG thanks to everyone who does participate.

Also *prettystick* again for Heidi! Thanks for uploading the pictures from the daisies! They looked amazing - so much yellow, it really reminded me of GG and I LOVED how they arranged everything! Thanks for organizing this - I really hope you (we)'ll get an answer to this one Smiley

logansLover
« Reply #4723 on: May 11, 2007, 07:40:58 am »

I don't understand why some of you sent things to the CW.

The contract negociations were between WARNER BROTHERS and the actors.

I love Gilmore girls but it's done. stop wasting your money.  Cry

My brother works for studios in Vancouver and all the things fans send is going to the trash.

Honey, there is really no need for your negitivity. Ok, so I know that isn't a word, but screw it.

The Mandate thread is a place of hope, encouraging all those who believe to fight for that belief. And you posting crap like that, well, that is what I would like to call a mandate sin. Cry

Ok, so on to other news.

There is a group on facebook, that supports the Mandate. And, I have become admin, today actually. I am looking to all of you on FB to join this group, and to help spread the word about the Org on there. I know many members there have  registered here, but I am looking to send more over in the next couple days. It is just a hope, but maybe it will hapen. Thanks! Grin
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #4724 on: May 12, 2007, 12:09:40 am »

Hi Lauren,

touch.

Linda
P&G Team

Hey there Smiley

First of all, *prettystick* to you for writing them and sharing the answer with us. Although it is a bit lame to suggest something that - of course - is obvious and already taken care of, I think it's good that they answered at all. Also that she mentioned Gilmore Girls - that way she'll remember it and when more people write to this company, maybe it will start to ring inside her head *lool* (I hope u know what I mean).
The way she wrote her second paragraph shows, that she recognized what you wanted to say her in your mail / and what we all want to say with this campaign.

Again, thanks for sharing this with us!!! I am looking forward to hear form some of you, what responses (answers on telephone) they received! Wink  .. I can not participate in this one, since I am outside U.S., but BIG thanks to everyone who does participate.

Also *prettystick* again for Heidi! Thanks for uploading the pictures from the daisies! They looked amazing - so much yellow, it really reminded me of GG and I LOVED how they arranged everything! Thanks for organizing this - I really hope you (we)'ll get an answer to this one Smiley

Hi, Lauren -- Divine is *totally* right here (and I'm a-gonna prettystick you, d!) -- you may even have been the first one to contact P&G.  Or not.  It might be a standard form letter or a standard policy for them to remain publicly neutral while pressuring them privately.  KFC had a different policy in interacting with Farscape fans.  We won't necessarily know how much of an effect our writing to advertisers has had until Gg is uncancelled/brought back in some form.  Just depends on how close the given advertiser plays it to the vest whether we'll know how much that advertiser might influence the network between now and the Upfronts.

The second paragraph that the P&G rep wrote is especially helpful, though:

"Still, we appreciate the time you've taken to let us know  how your
feel.  The way we spend our advertising dollar is very important to us and
comments from loyal consumers like you help us determine future plans. "

That doesn't mean that they *aren't* gonna complain to The CW.  Maybe they'll just mention in passing to their CW reps that they've been getting emails from Gg viewers and the CW will start going, [Frank Barone] "Holy crap! [/Frank Barone]

My suggestion would be to spread the word to everybody that you got a response from P&G and that, while, yes, it was a bit of a form mail, they *did* respond.  It means that someone is reading them.

So that's good -- keep writing to P&G, be sure to give your name and age -- or age range, like, early 20's/30's/40's, middle teens/20's/30's/40's, late teens/20's/30's/40's.  If you know what products you use that are produced by P&G *besides* Cascade, then be sure to mention those.  For those of you who haven't written to them, be polite, be persistent and don't write to them more than once per person through any given email address.

So, to everyone who gets a response from any given advertiser (even P&G again) keep posting what you get.  Don't be discouraged if what you get is as ambiguously pleasant as this P&G one is -- chances are, whoever you write to isn't even the buyer for the advertising slots, but that's not a problem.  These are the people that we're supposed to go to anyway so that they can go and let time-buyers know that we want them to change The CW's mind, but it's not as if they *can* say anything ahead of time.  

FTR, some new shows get hugely negative reactions from both advertisers and critics at the Upfronts.  So letting them know now that we want s8 of Gg could get some of them that start thinking "That one sucks!" at the Upfronts to say, "You need to have more shows in your arsenal as back-up.  Bringing back Gg at midseason could staunch the bleeding from that sure thing that was mortally wounded from the start."

So, full speed ahead!  Email and/or call P&G!

@ Heidi -- Didn't have a chance to tell you yesterday, but the daisies look great!  Wish I had PayPal!   D'Oh!  But I"ll finally go order my bouquet of daisies for Ostroff on Monday, to time them for delivery on Tuesday.  (I was always planning for that timing, btw.)

-- Rob

---------------------------
Season 8:  Because, way-ulll, there's waaaaaaaaaay more than enough time to bring it back as a midseason replacement since the gals only wanted 13 more episodes anyway.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 12:14:11 am by ShutUpRob » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: